View Poll Results: Who's club banner is the best? (see below)

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eeveelover824

6 11.54%
  • colorless-winter

0 0%
  • Sworn Metalhead

23 44.23%
  • Azulart

6 11.54%
  • Callie-Rose

1 1.92%
  • extroph

15 28.85%
  • Kutie Pie

1 1.92%
Page 56 of 107 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 2651

Thread: The Artist's Corner

this might help insane...its a step by step how to shade a ball

http://www.toadhollowstudio.com/draw...Shading_2.html

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    this might help insane...its a step by step how to shade a ball

http://www.toadhollowstudio.com/draw...Shading_2.html
    Man.
    Even with a tutorial , it seems hard.
    Check out Dragon-Tamer club..had to remove it because sig was too big. (Mod: As was having the water club)

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[
    Need someone to train your pokemon or breed for one ? I will do it.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDragoniteHD View Post
    Man.
    Even with a tutorial , it seems hard.
    Oh, and if you need a visual, take a ball (basketball, bouncy ball, whatever, just make it a sphere) and a flashlight. Shine the flashlight on one side. Observe and sketch (sketch optional).

And I see you're drawing Dnite, I did one without shading at all back in August/July...

Quote Originally Posted by FrostStorm View Post
    Oh, and if you need a visual, take a ball (basketball, bouncy ball, whatever, just make it a sphere) and a flashlight. Shine the flashlight on one side. Observe and sketch (sketch optional).

And I see you're drawing Dnite, I did one without shading at all back in August/July...
    i tried to say that but he didn't understand very well frost XD but that great were all trying to help him out im sure he will get it in time

I'd like to join the Artist's Corner!

Username: Sylveön
    Nickname:Sly
    What art you enjoy doing:Comics or one page comics chibi avatars and sewing plushies.
    How you became interested in art:ever since I was little and I made terrible stick figures.
    My Deviantart: http://ninfiaplushies.deviantart.com/
    My Pokemon White 2 FC: 3483 2007 2970
    Slyveon/Ninfia picture belongs to http://x-squishystar-x.deviantart.com Orginal moving gif version can be seen here: http://x-squishystar-x.deviantart.co...nfia-353982850

Quote Originally Posted by Sylveön View Post

What art you enjoy doing:Comics or one page comics chibi avatars and sewing plushies.
    How you became interested in art:ever since I was little and I made terrible stick figures.
    welcome to the artist corner hope you like it here guys i got another eevee double

Lol eevee's FTW! ^^
    btw anyone uses deviantart?
    Slyveon/Ninfia picture belongs to http://x-squishystar-x.deviantart.com Orginal moving gif version can be seen here: http://x-squishystar-x.deviantart.co...nfia-353982850

Lol eevee's FTW! ^^
    btw anyone uses deviantart?
    yes i do its in my sig which links to it...all my banner work is on there its mostly digital art...most of people deviantarts are located in there sigs...

Ok ^^; I have 2 Deviantart accounts:

This is my new one currently migrating some of my plushie works on there: http://ninfiaplushies.deviantart.com

This one is my old one which has all my current works already uploaded including all the plushies I did in the past till now:http://shadowstanenvy.deviantart.com

Welcome! Haha, I remember doing little stick figure "comics" when I was in grade school, myself. I'm also perpetually jealous of anyone who can sew plushies, because that's just one of the things I have constant trouble with. :C

SHINY RAINBOWS BECKON YOU TO THE ARTIST'S CORNER

Trainer Name: Misha
    3DS FC: 5112-3720-5938
    Friend Safari: Fighting; Pancham, Machoke, Hariyama

I made 3 characters for my RP thing, In order from left to right they are Kaleb, Tirane and Bijou

These are just the 1st 3, I actually have 7 more to do, making it 10 in total when I am done (these are just concept designs mainly)

.: 3DS FC: 0490-5034-9209 :.
    .: DeviantART :: Graphics Thread :: Art Thread :: Art Shop :.

http://s1169.beta.photobucket.com/us...93021.jpg.html
    ^
    This is my best shading out of practice I have done yet. Although the cast shadow is not good, do not worry about that..I am focusing on that later.
    Check out Dragon-Tamer club..had to remove it because sig was too big. (Mod: As was having the water club)

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[

^
    This is my best shading out of practice I have done yet. Although the cast shadow is not good, do not worry about that..I am focusing on that later.
    Well it is better <.> just watch the bottom part is the darkest, not the middle :P

I'm not drawing for a while because of schoolwork and grades. D:

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

^
    Theoretically, if the surface the ball was sitting on was reflective, and/or the ball itself was, that would work. But if it's just a matte (i.e. non-shiny) surface on both counts, you're going to want the darkest parts to be the parts that are being hit by the least light -- usually, that's everything that is furthest from your light source. On a cast shadow with only one light source, that'd be everything from directly under the object going outward (assuming it's touching the ground). It's a good thing to keep in mind, anyway. Depending on material and such, objects can reflect light and color in their own right, but that's getting into advanced stuff, haha. Just practice the basics for now!

SHINY RAINBOWS BECKON YOU TO THE ARTIST'S CORNER

Trainer Name: Misha
    3DS FC: 5112-3720-5938
    Friend Safari: Fighting; Pancham, Machoke, Hariyama

Quote Originally Posted by Quilava42 View Post
    its fine ^_^ you should get your schoolwork and grades first before drawing that is understandable and remember insane you have to shade starting from light to dark when you shade and try to stay in the lines...so the first coat will be a light shade then the next will be darker then so on...but don't just shade the whole sphere like that...start doing from light to dark over the lighther shaded to make a more round dark shade look slowly to the end that is darker...its hard to explain i wish i could show you in person im sure you would defiently understand if i go step by step im actually trying to be a teacher for art ^_^

Okay, trying out goldensteambun's tutorial, doing it on an Umbreon. I'm currently working on the lineart, and because GIMP dislikes this kind of stuff I'm using Paint.net. I'm having some trouble with the legs though...it's either too wide or too thin :X Also found out I suck at drawing ellipses/rings.

All these Sylveon avatars are quite scary. XD /off topic

Quote Originally Posted by Quilava42 View Post
    Please don't make one-liners. Still, you shouldn't stop drawing. I don't mean you have to set aside your books for drawing all day but start off with a little doodle on a corner of some paper. Draw when you're on your way to or from school and you got spare time. Normally I doodle on a small sketchbook on my way to work because I don't really have much time to sit down and draw a whole ~masterpiece~. Sure it's not digital stuff but it's something to keep your skills from rusting. (just like how my skills rust at 1k miles per second when I don't make graphics daily... and I hardly have made anything worthwhile in YEARS so clearly if I start again... say... now, I would be struggling)

But talking about drawing on the way to school or such gives me an idea for a topic:

Do you mind drawing in public?

I know there's a certain amount of people who love drawing in front of others, be it for attention, letting people watch magic happen, or simply because they really don't care about their surroundings or other people's views. Then there's others who are shy, like me, to even draw in front of friends. :C I only like doodling on my way back from work because it's late at night and no one really takes the bus by then, eheh)

Then I recall reading this story on another site (Tumblr) over some girl letting a certain amount of people view their sketchbooks. Unfortunately some rude person grabbed her book to show others and the girl was traumatized that she ended up showing NOBODY her arts. It's pretty unfortunate.

ONOMNOMNOM

Gif Credit | Amourshipping Contestshipping | Uta☆Pri fan

Play Shippers' Truth or Dare game with us!

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet May View Post

Please don't make one-liners. Still, you shouldn't stop drawing. I don't mean you have to set aside your books for drawing all day but start off with a little doodle on a corner of some paper. Draw when you're on your way to or from school and you got spare time. Normally I doodle on a small sketchbook on my way to work because I don't really have much time to sit down and draw a whole ~masterpiece~. Sure it's not digital stuff but it's something to keep your skills from rusting. (just like how my skills rust at 1k miles per second when I don't make graphics daily... and I hardly have made anything worthwhile in YEARS so clearly if I start again... say... now, I would be struggling)

But talking about drawing on the way to school or such gives me an idea for a topic:

I know there's a certain amount of people who love drawing in front of others, be it for attention, letting people watch magic happen, or simply because they really don't care about their surroundings or other people's views. Then there's others who are shy, like me, to even draw in front of friends. :C I only like doodling on my way back from work because it's late at night and no one really takes the bus by then, eheh)

Then I recall reading this story on another site (Tumblr) over some girl letting a certain amount of people view their sketchbooks. Unfortunately some rude person grabbed her book to show others and the girl was traumatized that she ended up showing NOBODY her arts. It's pretty unfortunate.
    Well...I don't like to draw iin public.
    Mainly because I'm a beginner and don't want 'people to see my drawings.

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[

I don't really like drawing in front of others. I would do it a lot when my teachers would see back in middle school, but now no. Because I draw different things rather than real life perspective and people are really clingy in my classes. And last year, one person IRL in my LA class kept telling me to stop, yet I said that I do it at home. What's wrong with doing it anyways?

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

Drawing in front of others is fine by me. I always draw in math class and the people sitting in front of me occasionally turn around, to see me drawing Angry Birds staring at stuff like graphs and squares...Well if there's a huge crowd staring at me then I'd get a little nervous...but still, I don't mind too much.

But mostly, I like painting in public. I like splatter-painting because it's well, messy, and you can just let your imagination run wild and it'll still look fine.

Also I think I ruined this Umbreon XD

It's about time I did this.

Username: Poetry
    Nickname: Poetry
    What art you enjoy doing: Anything. Right now I'm sort of restricted to what I'm supposed to do at school for my A-Level course but I love doing stuff based of video games, especially Zelda. I almost always use traditional mediums, for some reason computer programs never seem to agree with me in terms of creating artwork so I just keep to pencil, paint, chalk, stuff like that. I only really use MS Paint for really basic image editing when I have to or for doodling when I'm bored. GIMP is just.... totally beyond me.
    How you became interested in art: I've just done art for as long as I can remember. I used to paint a lot of fruit bowls and telephone poles when I was younger for some reason.
    Last edited by Poetry; 22nd February 2013 at 6:47 PM.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    It's about time I did this.

Username: Poetry
    Nickname: Poetry
    What art you enjoy doing: Anything. Right now I'm sort of restricted to what I'm supposed to do at school for my A-Level course but I love doing stuff based of video games, especially Zelda. I almost always use traditional mediums, for some reason computer programs never seem to agree with me in terms of creating artwork so I just keep to pencil, paint, chalk, stuff like that. I only really use MS Paint for really basic image editing when I have to or for doodling when I'm bored. GIMP is just.... totally beyond me.
    How you became interested in art: I've just done art for as long as I can remember. I used to paint a lot of fruit bowls and telephone poles when I was younger for some reason.
    welcome to the club ^_^ and for insane i know the feeling of being secretive about drawing but your never gunna learn unless you ask others for help...i learned it the hard way when i was in college i have to open public draw in front of people a good thing too is getting use to drawing in front of school mates...i did that all the time so i got use to it and i had a art class so it made it feel more confortable...just thing to remember no one is a born artist at the start yes you may be born with talent but people that are borned with talent just take less time to get better...i believe everyone can do art it just at your own pace to get better...

Poetry!!!!!!! Hi! Long time no see!

Anyway, I don't mind drawing in public, it depends what I'm drawing. I don't mind drawing in front of my friends cuz their a bunch of perverts, and I'm better at drawing than all of them. Except one, who's better and I won't draw in front of, cuz she just makes everyone feel they suck at art and stuff.
    But I don't really like drawing in public in front of random strangers, except on planes. Cuz it's so boring otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade2000 View Post
    Poetry!!!!!!! Hi! Long time no see!

Anyway, I don't mind drawing in public, it depends what I'm drawing. I don't mind drawing in front of my friends cuz their a bunch of perverts, and I'm better at drawing than all of them. Except one, who's better and I won't draw in front of, cuz she just makes everyone feel they suck at art and stuff.
    But I don't really like drawing in public in front of random strangers, except on planes. Cuz it's so boring otherwise.
    Long time no see indeed! I accredit this to you not being as active recently as opposed to me not being active but that's beside the point ^^

On the current topic, it depends on what I'm drawing as well and if I'm generally in a mood to allow other people to see what I'm doing. Sometimes I don't let people let me see the process of making a piece as I like to just show the finished product instead of risking them making a bad judgement about it just because it's not finished. I'm sort of obsessive about those things.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Page 56 of 107 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast