View Poll Results: Who's club banner is the best? (see below)

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eeveelover824

6 11.54%
  • colorless-winter

0 0%
  • Sworn Metalhead

23 44.23%
  • Azulart

6 11.54%
  • Callie-Rose

1 1.92%
  • extroph

15 28.85%
  • Kutie Pie

1 1.92%
Page 57 of 107 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 2651

Thread: The Artist's Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    It's about time I did this.

I'd like to join the Artist's Corner!

Username: Poetry
    Nickname: Poetry
    What art you enjoy doing: Anything. Right now I'm sort of restricted to what I'm supposed to do at school for my A-Level course but I love doing stuff based of video games, especially Zelda. I almost always use traditional mediums, for some reason computer programs never seem to agree with me in terms of creating artwork so I just keep to pencil, paint, chalk, stuff like that. I only really use MS Paint for really basic image editing when I have to or for doodling when I'm bored. GIMP is just.... totally beyond me.
    How you became interested in art: I've just done art for as long as I can remember. I used to paint a lot of fruit bowls and telephone poles when I was younger for some reason.
    Welcome! I feel like everyone's kind of limited by school to some extent right now, so no big. Casual pace is good, I say. C:

Do you mind drawing in public?

Depends what I'm drawing, and what medium. If it's traditional, I tend to be more touchy about it than if I'm using a tablet on my laptop, mostly because I have much less confidence in the things I draw with a pencil and paper. But I often bring my laptop/tablet to school, sit down in the lounge closest to the computer labs (which is the central location for all the nerds and techy-types, as opposed to the fine artists and graphic designers), and just draw. People will sometimes stop to hover over my shoulder and watch me, since a lot of them haven't seen people working with a tablet before, but I take pride in it, actually! It's fun, and sometimes yields some nice conversation, too.

SHINY RAINBOWS BECKON YOU TO THE ARTIST'S CORNER

Trainer Name: Misha
    3DS FC: 5112-3720-5938
    Friend Safari: Fighting; Pancham, Machoke, Hariyama

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserin View Post
    Welcome! I feel like everyone's kind of limited by school to some extent right now, so no big. Casual pace is good, I say. C:

Do you mind drawing in public?

Depends what I'm drawing, and what medium. If it's traditional, I tend to be more touchy about it than if I'm using a tablet on my laptop, mostly because I have much less confidence in the things I draw with a pencil and paper. But I often bring my laptop/tablet to school, sit down in the lounge closest to the computer labs (which is the central location for all the nerds and techy-types, as opposed to the fine artists and graphic designers), and just draw. People will sometimes stop to hover over my shoulder and watch me, since a lot of them haven't seen people working with a tablet before, but I take pride in it, actually! It's fun, and sometimes yields some nice conversation, too.
    haha im not XD though i do have art hw to finish over the weekend :P
    as for the topic i really dont carre about drawing in public personally if they like it and it someone i dont really care about i just say thanks and continue if its traditional. if its digital which ive never been able to do yet in public (i mainly draw in my room alone with me, myself, and i) i would feel pretty proud since i only know 1 other girl in my grade with one. and i can picture myself just sitting in the library drawing on my laptop with my tablet, and if someone cares cool :P

EDIT (5 seconds later)- i just got in my new tablet wire in the mail a few days ago and now i can draw ALOT more so its all good guys!

banner made by Lucina Archealis (I don't think I spelt that right OTL)
    ^U^ I LOVE Crona from soul eater!
    owner of the silver fan club
    VM me and such if you wanna play some SSBB! im always up for a challange!

Alright guys, finished ze recolored Umbreon.

Spoiler:

I know I suck at drawing legs...but still. I'm drawing with a mouse So help, comments?

Also if someone can help me learn how to draw with a mouse I'd be very happy~

I Don't know how to draw with a mouse, or a tablet......

Anyway, the umbreon looks like a black umbreon-shaped blob with green eyes and the circle things.
    Two things, why are the circles green?
    And you could outline the umbreon in a slightly lighter colour, so you can see some more stuff than just an outline.
    The eye is very good and so are the circle things.
    They look like the serebii net style skin, so it looks like its been cut out.

And the legs are fine. The butt is just a bit wonky.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostStorm View Post
    Alright guys, finished ze recolored Umbreon.

Spoiler:

I know I suck at drawing legs...but still. I'm drawing with a mouse So help, comments?

Also if someone can help me learn how to draw with a mouse I'd be very happy~
    well one thing that would help me help you is to know what program your using? then i can help you with your lines and line art. well for starts if your using paint... dont just dont, use gimp.or use paintool sai free trial and once t runs out complete you enitre piece in there and copy+ paste into gimp and save/export ;D just dont turn off the computer D: or it will all be gone. then you have to edit the lines in sai on a linework layer XD haha its alot i know but it can help and i can help you more if i knew what you perfer to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade2000 View Post
    I Don't know how to draw with a mouse, or a tablet......

Anyway, the umbreon looks like a black umbreon-shaped blob with green eyes and the circle things.
    Two things, why are the circles green? It's a recolor.
    And you could outline the umbreon in a slightly lighter colour, so you can see some more stuff than just an outline. The outline is black, Umbreon itself is actually dark maroon/mahogany.
    The eye is very good and so are the circle things.
    They look like the serebii net style skin, so it looks like its been cut out. It's based off the Sugimori art.

And the legs are fine. The butt is just a bit wonky.
    Quote Originally Posted by colorless-winter View Post
    well one thing that would help me help you is to know what program your using? then i can help you with your lines and line art. well for starts if your using paint... dont just dont, use gimp.or use paintool sai free trial and once t runs out complete you enitre piece in there and copy+ paste into gimp and save/export ;D just dont turn off the computer D: or it will all be gone. then you have to edit the lines in sai on a linework layer XD haha its alot i know but it can help and i can help you more if i knew what you perfer to use.
    Paint.NET because I remember people complaining about GIMP and drawing. SAI...I'll look into it. Heard about it...Anyway all help/comments appreciated ^_^ Thank you colorless and Shade for ze text.

hmm ive never used paint. net so i wouldnt knkow what to say XD sai is a really good program and i highly recoomend it for mouse drawing and tablet drawing. because once you draw a nonperfect line or lineart, you can edit those lines to however you like
    heres one tutorial i found on da for you if you decide to get sai. http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/20...oo-d541x0z.jpg its a bit small but you can adjust the magnification on your comp.
    and your welcome!

EDIT:i just finished my latest piece what do you guys think?
    Last edited by colorless-winter; 24th February 2013 at 2:05 AM.

Yep! It's very good! Just one MASSIVE thing.
    The legs, they are titchy and very thin....... The have a good shape, in the lower part, but the entire things need to be about two times as big.
    Apart from that, I like it, the wings are good except the one on the left looks bigger that the one on the right.

Just did a sketch of Servine using Leaf Blade. I'll draw him digitally later. But tell me what I need to improve on in terms of anatomy.

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

The head is good, but the body is quite thick. I can't really see it so I can't really say much. I think it will look good, drawn digitally.

Quote Originally Posted by colorless-winter View Post
    hmm ive never used paint. net so i wouldnt knkow what to say XD sai is a really good program and i highly recoomend it for mouse drawing and tablet drawing. because once you draw a nonperfect line or lineart, you can edit those lines to however you like
    heres one tutorial i found on da for you if you decide to get sai. http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/20...oo-d541x0z.jpg its a bit small but you can adjust the magnification on your comp.
    and your welcome!

EDIT:i just finished my latest piece what do you guys think?
    In addition to what Shade said above, the sizing of the eyes needs a little attention, but apart from that it's pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilava42 View Post
    Just did a sketch of Servine using Leaf Blade. I'll draw him digitally later. But tell me what I need to improve on in terms of anatomy.
    The neck piece I think is a little bit pointed and thinner in the official art, but that's just me being pedantic. Very accurate overall.
    Last edited by Poetry; 24th February 2013 at 3:19 PM.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

http://s1169.beta.photobucket.com/us...15538.jpg.html

This is just a bunch of shadings in a row..keep in mind that the one that is huge was not finished and cast shadows I am less worried about.
    Check out Dragon-Tamer club..had to remove it because sig was too big. (Mod: As was having the water club)

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[
    Need someone to train your pokemon or breed for one ? I will do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    The neck piece I think is a little bit pointed and thinner in the official art, but that's just me being pedantic. Very accurate overall.
    Thanks. I used the official artwork on Bulbapedia as a reference so that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDragoniteHD View Post
    http://s1169.beta.photobucket.com/us...15538.jpg.html

This is just a bunch of shadings in a row..keep in mind that the one that is huge was not finished and cast shadows I am less worried about.

You should always at least finish your work in order to get the criticism you need. Seeing this, it's pretty rushed. And your light source isn't accurate. Remember that the bottom or the top or at least one side is the lightest shade as the other is the darkest. You shaded the darkest in the middle and you shade it light at both sides on one ball? Where's the light coming from? And why didn't you do the streak at the others like you did to one of them. But keep this as a tip to remember how real life things work.

See this.
    Last edited by Quilava42; 24th February 2013 at 5:00 PM.

[*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Thanks. I used the official artwork on Bulbapedia as a reference so that's why.

You should always at least finish your work in order to get the criticism you need. Seeing this, it's pretty rushed. And your light source isn't accurate. Remember that the bottom or the top or at least one side is the lightest shade as the other is the darkest. You shaded the darkest in the middle and you shade it light at both sides on one ball? Where's the light coming from? And why didn't you do the streak at the others like you did to one of them. But keep this as a tip to remember how real life things work.

See this.
    A paint tutorial ?
    This is on paper.
    Well,it was too big I realized after I started it...I do not get what you are saying..THe light is coming from the same spot.
    Check out Dragon-Tamer club..had to remove it because sig was too big. (Mod: As was having the water club)

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[

Well have you tried looking down at the tutorial. Regardless, it gives you an idea of how you should shade. And this isn't to insult you as well. And if you checked one ball you shaded lightly at two ends as a few were shaded lightly at one end. Yes it's confusing but you'll see later on.
    Last edited by Quilava42; 24th February 2013 at 5:22 PM.

Well have you tried looking down at the tutorial. Regardless, it gives you an idea of how you should shade. And this isn't to insult you as well. And if you checked one ball you shaded lightly at two ends as a few were shaded lightly at one end. Yes it's confusing but you'll see later on.
    Yeah. I did. It tells me how to shade in Paint.
    I do not even see the two ends being shaded lightly.

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[

I see the ball that's light on two sides.
    I'll make a sort of tutorial for you after I've eaten if that will help.

I see the ball that's light on two sides.
    I'll make a sort of tutorial for you after I've eaten if that will help.
    Thank you so much..this is like so confusing to me now.
    I dunno if I will get it for awhile.

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[

Ok I'm done with the tutorial. My handwriting is terrible, tell me you can't read it.
    http://i.imgur.com/xtuimBe.jpg

It might not be amazing.
    To get step 5 really well you might want to use an eraser.

Ok I'm done with the tutorial. My handwriting is terrible, tell me you can't read it.
    http://i.imgur.com/xtuimBe.jpg

It might not be amazing.
    To get step 5 really well you might want to use an eraser.
    Terrible handwriting ? You have nice hand writing. I can read it.
    Can you please take it from an angle that is not sideways ?
    Anyways..this seems like the same thing Ive been doing,,but I will use it.
    I was also told to to never shade in curves .

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[

Ok I rotated it.
    http://i.imgur.com/hYR3alN.jpg
    I colour in curves because it makes it look more real and 3d but if you don't want to, or have been told not to, that's fine.

Ok I rotated it.
    http://i.imgur.com/hYR3alN.jpg
    I colour in curves because it makes it look more real and 3d but if you don't want to, or have been told not to, that's fine.
    Well, they told me to shade using straight lines.
    That is what I have been doing.

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[

Aye, I'm sorry for not posting in a while. I swear... I can't really do anything without my phone ;^;

http://s1164.beta.photobucket.com/us...07eb1.jpg.html Ocean Temple Emblem :3
    Y IGN is Arkis, X IGN is Starvein, OR IGN is Arkis, AS IGN is Sabiah

Man, I haven't been here in forever. Though, I have continued my endeavors in spriting.

My two newest examples:

Those two sprites are of cookies, and a rabbit.

It's also great to see all of this traditional art. I need to get my work back from my art teacher...
    Last edited by Lost™; 24th February 2013 at 7:42 PM.

I look sugary and sweet, but in reality I'm just hollow and rotten.
    Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Requiem View Post
    Man, I haven't been here in forever. Though, I have continued my endeavors in spriting.

My two newest examples:

Those two sprites are of cookies, and a rabbit.

It's also great to see all of this traditional art. I need to get my work back from my art teacher...
    Cool. The cookies are awesome, I think it'd look nice in a userbar...also the rabbit looks a little evil which I'm not sure if it's supposed to be...but I like evil bunnies so it's cool.

Also now that I have SAI I have no idea how it works....what canvas size do you recommend? I played around with it and can't find one that works for me :x

Page 57 of 107 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast