View Poll Results: Who's club banner is the best? (see below)

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eeveelover824

6 11.54%
  • colorless-winter

0 0%
  • Sworn Metalhead

23 44.23%
  • Azulart

6 11.54%
  • Callie-Rose

1 1.92%
  • extroph

15 28.85%
  • Kutie Pie

1 1.92%
Page 60 of 107 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 2651

Thread: The Artist's Corner

Quote Originally Posted by FrostStorm View Post
    Did you lower the opacity of the text? It's almost invisible to me 0_0 Also It seems you're just putting the TCG art on it with background and brushes? You're doing something with that card to make it look professional...Well, still, your main area for improvement is text. Do you know how to outline and glow?

Also Dragonite try a spoiler or a link...but other than that, I don't think you're supposed to outline your shadows. Shadows don't have outlines...right?
    For the outlines, sort of. Not so much for the glow, I usually use brushes if that's the case. For the TCG...well sometimes they're hard to render, so the oppacity goes on full, but in generaal I use the brush that fades out to give it a smoother look :/ not really anything else unless you adjust the colouring
    Last edited by FrozenConstellation; 5th March 2013 at 2:38 AM.

So continuing the trend of people posting their work...

I finished my transcription which I showed in my previous post (but I don't think many people saw it). Here's the finished result, anyway. Thoughts, anyone?

[IMG]http://i48.*******.com/2aio37s.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by Poetry; 5th March 2013 at 6:35 PM.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Quote Originally Posted by ~BrightStarVictory~ View Post
    Something I did while being bored but eh, I think it came out better than what I thought :/ could still improve in...text <.>

if you want the text transparent looking still but still visable try adding a inner glow to it and some other effects so it can look more visible right now its hard to read stroking it and lower its opacity works sometimes...also make sure to use only soft light or overlay on text if you want it transparent...don't lower its opacity it will look weird and really not bad bright banner...i see major improvements
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 6th March 2013 at 6:01 AM.

This is rather smalll..but here are some short circles that I did :

This is just 3 because I was lazy.
    Check out Dragon-Tamer club..had to remove it because sig was too big. (Mod: As was having the water club)

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[
    Need someone to train your pokemon or breed for one ? I will do it.

They are good Definately getting better, the only thing is don't outline the shadow and then you maybe should try drawing jigglypuff

Quote Originally Posted by Shade2000 View Post
    They are good Definately getting better, the only thing is don't outline the shadow and then you maybe should try drawing jigglypuff
    Yeah.....I got don't draw the outline.
    But Jigglypuff's eyes are hard for me.
    Check out Dragon-Tamer club..had to remove it because sig was too big. (Mod: As was having the water club)

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDragoniteHD View Post
    Yeah.....I got don't draw the outline.
    But Jigglypuff's eyes are hard for me.
    sometimes drawing out lines can be bad espeically shading...one thing to think about though is don't press hard when drawing the image first...

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    sometimes drawing out lines can be bad espeically shading...one thing to think about though is don't press hard when drawing the image first...
    Well...I get the drawing out the line part.
    But I dun press hard when I draw it.

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[

Dragonite, I see you already replied to Shade about the shadow outline, and the reason we don't do that is because shadows do not have straight edges. If you look at a shadow, you'll see that it's kinda blurry at the edges. Also I think you're having trouble shading inside the lines? If it goes out simply erase along the edges. That's how I fill in stuff on paper XP

Poetry, your art is amazing. Like seriously. As for the one you posted by itself on a separate post (Okami?), I think the kimono is the best. The face looks a little strange to me. :/

Now I've been following some tutorials on YT and here they are (note the second one I went overboard with the black, and the text for the first two sucked IMO so I was kinda reluctant to put text on the last one :/ and then couldn't decide whether white or black (border) worked better for the last one):

Spoiler:

Dragonite, I see you already replied to Shade about the shadow outline, and the reason we don't do that is because shadows do not have straight edges. If you look at a shadow, you'll see that it's kinda blurry at the edges. Also I think you're having trouble shading inside the lines? If it goes out simply erase along the edges. That's how I fill in stuff on paper XP

Poetry, your art is amazing. Like seriously. As for the one you posted by itself on a separate post (Okami?), I think the kimono is the best. The face looks a little strange to me. :/

Now I've been following some tutorials on YT and here they are (note the second one I went overboard with the black, and the text for the first two sucked IMO so I was kinda reluctant to put text on the last one :/ and then couldn't decide whether white or black (border) worked better for the last one):

Spoiler:
    i find black border looks way better do to white is to bright and strange to the banner...trust me on this the banner looks better with black...i only use white when its more of a lighter color banner...your banner is darker so black would naturally look better...

Spoiler:
    Thank you! It's nice to finally get a response, and even more so to find that it's positive.

Yes, the face was the most difficult part. I obsessed for quite a long time getting the angles of the eyes correct in pencil but then I used too much water on my brush when painting and sort of... ruined it. Ah well, I guess the most simple things in art are the hardest to pull off successfully. Btw, it's not Okami, but a classical Japanese artist called Hokusai, who obviously had a lot of influence over Okami's incredible art style. I am planning to perhaps do some Okami work later on in my project, perhaps Queen Himiko or the Dragon Palace Queen (her name escapes me), so watch this space.

As your your art, I would only say perhaps the tone on Yoshi is a bit light/bright, especially towards the head, maybe saturate the colours a bit more? Other than that, they're really good. And yes, the black border looks a lot better on the last one.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Tried something new...smudging with a big brush is odd, but if you take 3d glasses the images sorta pops out...(squinting works but not so well)

either way right now it just makes me dizzy...if you just look at it. A friend thought they were drunk when they looked at it O_O

Okay wow. I have not posted here in a while. I apologize.

Could I please have some feedback on this? My own criticism is that I outlined the guy too darkly and he doesn't look so much like he's part of the scene.
    And if it's not obvious the idea of this drawing is that the wings are spray painted on the wall, while the guy is just leaning against the wall.
    IMGP0030.jpg

Hello curious reader! You know that at some point you've wished you could battle like a trainer in the Pokémon anime. You probably dismissed the thought as a passing fantasy, but did you know the Pokémon Anime Style Battling League allows you to do just that? It's true! Read up on how to get started, and if you have any questions the Q/A thread awaits.
    Hope to see you around the PASBL!

Quote Originally Posted by ~BrightStarVictory~ View Post
    Tried something new...smudging with a big brush is odd, but if you take 3d glasses the images sorta pops out...(squinting works but not so well)

either way right now it just makes me dizzy...if you just look at it. A friend thought they were drunk when they looked at it O_O
    ...All I see is red and green. Unless these 3D glasses fail me...which is just no. I think you still need work on text :P And the Gengar one just looks better to me...maybe Flygon needs a yellow/green background instead of blue? Well...Gengar looks like it's growing and reaching out. I have an urge to poke it.

Overall it's cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucario188 View Post
    Okay wow. I have not posted here in a while. I apologize.

Could I please have some feedback on this? My own criticism is that I outlined the guy too darkly and he doesn't look so much like he's part of the scene.
    And if it's not obvious the idea of this drawing is that the wings are spray painted on the wall, while the guy is just leaning against the wall.
    IMGP0030.jpg
    I think the wings should be higher. Wings ending at the waist/hips is a bit....:P. Don't they usually end at the bottom of the shoulder blade or something?

Poetry: Well a lot of people could be inspired by Okami...I have yet to see another game like it, with all the canvas and calligraphy stuff.

Poetry: Well a lot of people could be inspired by Okami...I have yet to see another game like it, with all the canvas and calligraphy stuff.
    It's such a shame that Okami is so overlooked when it really is a piece of art in its own right. Most people who I know play games always go on about The Wind Waker in terms of "playable art" but regardless of TWW's charm and beauty, Okami is truly a stunning artistic achievement and encapsulates the spirit of what "art" is better than most pieces of modern art I've seen.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Hi guys, uhm, I'm not dead //choke

I see we have a handful of new members and, a lot more people drawing, which I'm glad ^^

//shamelessly throw lineart WIP here

progress of a small collaboration drawing between me and a friend of our characters in Tangled version

the girl is supposed to be Rapunzel, and the boy is uhm, the evil mother //choke choke choke// and yes he is playing with her hair
    Last edited by goldensteambun; 10th March 2013 at 4:00 AM.

★ goldensteambun

looking for TRU or Movie11 Shaymin on Gen 5 game, please PM me for offer

Quote Originally Posted by goldensteambun View Post
    Hi guys, uhm, I'm not dead //choke

I see we have a handful of new members and, a lot more people drawing, which I'm glad ^^

//shamelessly throw lineart WIP here

progress of a small collaboration drawing between me and a friend
    Jun-Sempai that looks really adorable. Also, I really like all of the small accessories in there.

Yea, I'd like to welcome the new people as well! I need to show you guys my art class drawings!

I look sugary and sweet, but in reality I'm just hollow and rotten.
    Tumblr

...All I see is red and green. Unless these 3D glasses fail me...which is just no. I think you still need work on text :P And the Gengar one just looks better to me...maybe Flygon needs a yellow/green background instead of blue? Well...Gengar looks like it's growing and reaching out. I have an urge to poke it.

Overall it's cool.
    Flygon was the first one, did alot of experimenting on it. Gengar was somewhat better, after a few times of trying.

Thank you Lost-kun u v u And guys, if you have drawings don't hesitate to share, I would love to see everyone draw ^^

Done with flat coloring, now shading >v>;;

★ goldensteambun

Guys..I have some more drawings to show you :
    These were drawn yesterday and I tried shading the cast without using the outline.

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[

InsaneDragoniteHD if you are practicing shading blocks on traditional pencil tools, this might help http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/i/20..._x-d11w3vc.jpg

When you want to shade your blocks by smudge technique, I would advice not on using lines that are too defined, which shown in your drawing in the outline of the circular block. Try to make it soft like how you shade, in order to keep the consistency of the drawing together. And don't smudge too much, you will lose the texture.

★ goldensteambun

i find it better when it blends more when you use your fingers to smudge but not so much to the point that you see solid though...if that happens your doing it wrong but i do see your shading is getting better insane...i can start to see darker on one side

Holy crapola it's been a while. I haven't drawn in a few months =3=. College has been sucking the life out of me. Luckily were on spring break now and I can draw as much as I please, YAY! I'm sorry i've been gone so long >3<;

My boyfriend told me I should draw more Palletshipping because he's liked past Palletshipping doodles,and the Palletshipping fanclub is holding this quilt project for Palletshipping day so I decided what the hay, why not. [I used the word Palletshipping far to many times in that last sentence.]

Welp here it is. I haven't put it on DA yet but it will be going up there by tonight. The legs and hands came out crappy but I don't care its my art >D. At least the focal point looks good. Also..that curtain turned out amazingly. I didn't expect that. I was like 0o0 -sparkles- I normally don't do backgrounds and this is one of the few i've actually done. Its especially hard when you're drawing all these things from memory. Hopefully you like it as much as I do >w< I'm actually overall really proud of this one. I do see things that I could have done differently or made better but I'm fairly proud. Especially with Ash's hair. Do you know how hard that is to draw from a profile view, eash...

NNID: Antagonistgreen | 3DS FC: 4727-5570-4170

Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch | Deviant Art | Miiverse
    Palletshipping | Cafemochashipping | Namelessshipping

Quote Originally Posted by goldensteambun View Post
    InsaneDragoniteHD if you are practicing shading blocks on traditional pencil tools, this might help http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/i/20..._x-d11w3vc.jpg

When you want to shade your blocks by smudge technique, I would advice not on using lines that are too defined, which shown in your drawing in the outline of the circular block. Try to make it soft like how you shade, in order to keep the consistency of the drawing together. And don't smudge too much, you will lose the texture.
    Wait...so you are saying do not draw the circle too hard ?
    YOu are confusing me there.

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[

These are two people that wanted me to draw them. What do you guys think?

http://www.iaza.com/work/130313C/iaza17120125310900.jpg

http://www.iaza.com/work/130313C/iaza17120190234500.jpg

Page 60 of 107 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast