View Poll Results: Who's club banner is the best? (see below)

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eeveelover824

6 11.54%
  • colorless-winter

0 0%
  • Sworn Metalhead

23 44.23%
  • Azulart

6 11.54%
  • Callie-Rose

1 1.92%
  • extroph

15 28.85%
  • Kutie Pie

1 1.92%
Page 65 of 107 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 2651

Thread: The Artist's Corner

Quote Originally Posted by FrostStorm View Post
    Well the second one looks very nice, but I think the word Charm is a little hard to read because of the spark below it. At least, the r is hard to read. So for this I'd say the first.

And lol Cheetos XD Cheese addict >.>
    Aww.. crap I just realized the top is cut off on my words.. >:c

I still likey though XD Not changing it ):<

Yesss... a cheetos addict >:3 I no likey <_>

Quote Originally Posted by Lucina Archaelis View Post
    It reminds me of.... cheetos <.> Its like it ate a lot of them that powder from the cheetos accumulated on it XD But I do love how it turned out >:3

The badge is lovely ^_^

Okie so I couldn't choose between these two to put on my sig XP The wording is the one I couldn't choose from I mean. One is with the semi transparent wording and the other is bold wording. I added a new brush that was grass themed and loved how it blended in as texture... if thats how I can describe it <.> The whole banner... surprisingly too me a whole week to put together x.x

@_@ JGVGFHMG>JKKHJGFGDFH HOLY CRAP THAT IS AWESOME XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    I really like the colour scheme yo~ it just seems to glow O_O

Quote Originally Posted by ~BrightStarVictory~ View Post
    @_@ JGVGFHMG>JKKHJGFGDFH HOLY CRAP THAT IS AWESOME XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    I really like the colour scheme yo~ it just seems to glow O_O
    You got a heart attack >: LOL Thanks ^_^
    Actually yesness I was really going for a bright banner since I usually go dark and stuffesis <.> I tried to make something glow faintly or even brightly as long as I got some kind of glow going. I thought I had messed up with a lot of the images on Hard Light, but then I decided to add Lightning Effects and smooth it out P:

My love for grass types definitely shows X3

Slight change <.> Since Venusaur seemed blocked >.>

Last edited by Archangel Armada; 27th March 2013 at 6:12 AM.

You got a heart attack >: LOL Thanks ^_^
    Actually yesness I was really going for a bright banner since I usually go dark and stuffesis <.> I tried to make something glow faintly or even brightly as long as I got some kind of glow going. I thought I had messed up with a lot of the images on Hard Light, but then I decided to add Lightning Effects and smooth it out P:

My love for grass types definitely shows X3

Slight change <.> Since Venusaur seemed blocked >.>

love the banner luciana its bright vibrant and show alot of contrast but one problem that bothers me is that the text seems so big for the banner and its seems the placement is a bit off...its covering lilligant which the images are the main attraction of the banner...

master league fairy gym leader
    TEF Guild~TEF Spreedsheet~ TEF Tournaments~TEF Xat~5th gen rngs ~4th gen rng ~ RNG events~ Yugioh Club
    Black wfc: 4298-2266-7507~White 2 wfc:4513-8374-0005~Y/3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008~ PS Name: FairyWitch824

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    love the banner luciana its bright vibrant and show alot of contrast but one problem that bothers me is that the text seems so big for the banner and its seems the placement is a bit off...its covering lilligant which the images are the main attraction of the banner...
    I actually decided to make the images blend in. the main attraction to moi is Monotari since the phrase has something to do with him <.>
    Maybe I should have made the backgrounds Grain Merge more than Hard Light them <.> >.>

Thanks though XP

I actually decided to make the images blend in. the main attraction to moi is Monotari since the phrase has something to do with him <.>
    Maybe I should have made the backgrounds Grain Merge more than Hard Light them <.> >.>

Thanks though XP
    okay yeah its fine to blend images in but backgrounds are just important as the main focus...never want to add to much images in the banner or it starts to get more tricky...its a nice idea with the fading just i find it the text ruins the beauty and your most welcome

TEF Guild~TEF Spreedsheet~ TEF Tournaments~TEF Xat~5th gen rngs ~4th gen rng ~ RNG events~ Yugioh Club
    Black wfc: 4298-2266-7507~White 2 wfc:4513-8374-0005~Y/3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008~ PS Name: FairyWitch824

okay yeah its fine to blend images in but backgrounds are just important as the main focus...never want to add to much images in the banner or it starts to get more tricky...its a nice idea with the fading just i find it the text ruins the beauty and your most welcome
    yeah I know, like always its better to experiment on how things turn out XP I actually was adding too many images, deleted a few and I liked how this one ended up :3 It was hard to choose >.<

yeah I know, like always its better to experiment on how things turn out XP I actually was adding too many images, deleted a few and I liked how this one ended up :3 It was hard to choose >.<
    in the end though its your banner as long as your happy that is fine and also yeah i try to that as well with my shop...eventhough something bugs that heck out of me, as long as my customer is happy with the result to come back...im happy with it I know how you feel sometimes i did that before with a banner i wanted to add a background image but it was hard to choose XD the banner does look nice though i do see major improvements in the vibrant category...its more clearer...

@Gloomy: I'll be sure to show the entry if I ever finish it, heh.

@Rexx: You're welcome. And yeah, that's pretty much how I ended up an artist in the first place; I liked the stuff others drew and then one day decided to try it myself. Now I just gotta practice shading by hand BY

@Lucina: I actually like the fact that the Pokémon in the background aren't that visible. If they stood out too much, the banner would probably appear very crowded. I love the color theme you've got going on too, but I gotta say the Petilil looks sort of... out of place. Like, everything else is all glowing and shiny and it's not. Even when you compare it to the guy whose shoulder it's sitting on, the two's color themes and shading styles are so different it makes the Petilil look like it doesn't belong. Maybe add some shinyness to it too?

So, anyway, been around six years since I last made any sort of banner (and the ones back then sucked ass), so I figured I'd try my hand at it again. Made these three, which are rotating in my sig right now:

Spoiler:- clicky:

I still don't think I'm too good at this but eh, it's a huge improvement to the stuff I made way back back when. Seriously, I used Paint for my banners back then. I don't even.

Have to try a fragmentation banner next. But first, back to 3D-modeling project work. Ack.
    TumblrdeviantArt

"So collect your scars and wear them well.
    Your blood's a good an ink as any.
    Go scratch your name into the clouds and pull them all... down."

Current rps
    | TSoAM | CotVK|

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenHouou View Post
    @Gloomy: I'll be sure to show the entry if I ever finish it, heh.

@Rexx: You're welcome. And yeah, that's pretty much how I ended up an artist in the first place; I liked the stuff others drew and then one day decided to try it myself. Now I just gotta practice shading by hand BY

@Lucina: I actually like the fact that the Pokémon in the background aren't that visible. If they stood out too much, the banner would probably appear very crowded. I love the color theme you've got going on too, but I gotta say the Petilil looks sort of... out of place. Like, everything else is all glowing and shiny and it's not. Even when you compare it to the guy whose shoulder it's sitting on, the two's color themes and shading styles are so different it makes the Petilil look like it doesn't belong. Maybe add some shinyness to it too?

So, anyway, been around six years since I last made any sort of banner (and the ones back then sucked ass), so I figured I'd try my hand at it again. Made these three, which are rotating in my sig right now:

I still don't think I'm too good at this but eh, it's a huge improvement to the stuff I made way back back when. Seriously, I used Paint for my banners back then. I don't even.

Have to try a fragmentation banner next. But first, back to 3D-modeling project work. Ack.

@ Golden: Oh Man, your banners are so cool!! I love them all they look really great. That last one though, the text is a little small so it is hard to read but otherwise it looks really great. the red color plays off the white making a really nice contrast Good work!
    Rexxaroo

@Rexx: Hey, thanks! Playing around with the red was fun. I also kind of tried to give his fingertips and the area under it a sort of red hue in places without making it too glaringly red or bloody. And about the text, heh, it's actually meant to be intangible and is just for added effect. The words don't make proper sentences either, they're just random words and sentences associated with the guy to fill space. I'd be really surprised if someone could make out the individual words; I know what they are and still can't. Watch people try after I said that.

Also, actually noticed the Ho-Oh banner had some leftover colors coming out the right side. Fixed that in the one I have in my sig, but too lazy to edit the post above. I also think the first banner could use some more color, but hm.
    TumblrdeviantArt

Current rps
    | TSoAM | CotVK|

@Rexx: Hey, thanks! Playing around with the red was fun. I also kind of tried to give his fingertips and the area under it a sort of red hue in places without making it too glaringly red or bloody. And about the text, heh, it's actually meant to be intangible and is just for added effect. The words don't make proper sentences either, they're just random words and sentences associated with the guy to fill space. I'd be really surprised if someone could make out the individual words; I know what they are and still can't. Watch people try after I said that.

Also, actually noticed the Ho-Oh banner had some leftover colors coming out the right side. Fixed that in the one I have in my sig, but too lazy to edit the post above. I also think the first banner could use some more color, but hm.
    Ha! Thats really clever! And very cool I do really love what youve done with them all they look fantastic. i am just starting to play around with making some, i am intimidated by the whole thing but i am trying
    Rexxaroo

in the end though its your banner as long as your happy that is fine and also yeah i try to that as well with my shop...eventhough something bugs that heck out of me, as long as my customer is happy with the result to come back...im happy with it I know how you feel sometimes i did that before with a banner i wanted to add a background image but it was hard to choose XD the banner does look nice though i do see major improvements in the vibrant category...its more clearer...
    Yesness <.> I am happy with it XP

Yeah I had realized that when I was doing it P: Too cluttered would have pretty much ruined it <.>
    Petilil gave me a lot of problems. I tried a lot of things to make it blend well with Motonari, but kinda left it alone when it went too dark or too bright so... ;^; This is why I just tried to put the drop shadow with both of them to make them equal and I guess Petilil still looks out of place XP Its okie though <.> I still likey how it turned out :3

I love those banners X3 Especially the Ho-oh one. Its soo vibrant X3 majestic looking
    Also really like the Starraptor one <.> Its like it stands out but with the colors it just blends well too :P

@Rexx: Heh, don't be intimidated. Start with something simple and then build the banner from there. When I made those three I just thought up a basic concept and then kind of added stuff and effects on a whim. Basically, just have fun with it and see where it leads you. \look at me giving advice when I've only made a handful of banners in my entire life fsst. Oh, tutorials probably help a lot too. I just found an awesome one for those fragmentations I've been meaning to try for ages but didn't have an idea as to how.

@Lucina: Yeah, it's still an awesome banner and it's not like the Petilil sticks out horribly, I mainly just pointed it out in case you hadn't noticed/wanted some constructive criticism, heh. And hey, thanks! the Ho-Oh one is probably my favorite too mainly because it has a Ho-Oh in it cough. About the Staraptor one, I was kinda on the edge on whether or not I should add more colors, but seems like it's fine the way it is too.
    TumblrdeviantArt

Current rps
    | TSoAM | CotVK|

@Lucina Oh wow, great job!!!^ 0 ^ I totally love it!! I defiantly love the glow-ish effect goin' on in there. And I like how you blended in the Pokemon's in the background! I think if you made them stand out too much, it would have made it too crowded and whatnot. So I defiantly like how you blended that in and had the male character be the main focus.
    Few things that bothered me though was the Petilil. The colouring style (shading, etc) and drawing style itself is different from the male character. So it makes it seem out of place, as Golden has mentioned. And the quality of the image looks slightly blurred out while the male character is nice and crisp. Another thing for me would have to be the text. I do find it pretty, but at the same time, I find it too big. But that's just my own personal taste, lol. But the actual font and effects on it are great and go very well with the image! And one last thing. At the top near the left side, I find the green brush you used just sticks out too much and doesn't blend in with the rest of the texture. It just sort of sticks out.; A ;
    But other than that, I am seriously IN LOVE with the texture and whatnot!! You did a REALLY good job on this. I seriously just can't stop looking at it.xD It's really cute and wonderful!
    Great job, keep it up! Can't wait to see some more from you in the future!!:3

@Golden I am SERIOUSLY in love with the Ho-Oh one~ It's so pretty and has a lot of nice colours! Only thing I'd suggest would be the text/font and some additional effects or something. But other than that, I REALLY like it!xD And I just looooove how it sticks out you know?xD
    The first one does seem a bit plain. I think all it needs are some additional effects like brushes, C4D's and a bit more colour's blend in there. But other than that, great job!!
    Ahhh Pandora Heart's, it's been so long!!!xD LOL. I really how it turned out!! And I love the tiny text you added! Those are always neat/fun! I find they always add charm to graphics.xD I also liked the brushes/texture you used on it! Great job, you're defiantly great at this. So keep it up!! ^ 0 ^ And I can't wait for that drawing too. <3
    Also, I hear ya' about that last part.xD My graphics were poor too. I used crappy programs and sites to make them. LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GloomyHaruka View Post
    @Lucina Oh wow, great job!!!^ 0 ^ I totally love it!! I defiantly love the glow-ish effect goin' on in there. And I like how you blended in the Pokemon's in the background! I think if you made them stand out too much, it would have made it too crowded and whatnot. So I defiantly like how you blended that in and had the male character be the main focus.
    Few things that bothered me though was the Petilil. The colouring style (shading, etc) and drawing style itself is different from the male character. So it makes it seem out of place, as Golden has mentioned. And the quality of the image looks slightly blurred out while the male character is nice and crisp. Another thing for me would have to be the text. I do find it pretty, but at the same time, I find it too big. But that's just my own personal taste, lol. But the actual font and effects on it are great and go very well with the image! And one last thing. At the top near the left side, I find the green brush you used just sticks out too much and doesn't blend in with the rest of the texture. It just sort of sticks out.; A ;
    But other than that, I am seriously IN LOVE with the texture and whatnot!! You did a REALLY good job on this. I seriously just can't stop looking at it.xD It's really cute and wonderful!
    Great job, keep it up! Can't wait to see some more from you in the future!!:3
    I know Petilil seems out of place <.> I tried really really hard to make it blend well in contrast/brightness with Motonari. but they just have different art styles that I kinda left it like that >.> To me looks blended ;^;
    The vine at the top was just something out of the blue <_> its like... it felt empty in that space so I added that P:
    Glad you still likey though X3 I can't stop looking at it either <_>'

Made a request for someone in one of the shops I do art <_>
    Took no time but still a bit. I experimented a lot with Lightning Effects on this one P:

also I experimented with Full gradient on a team pose thingy on the other shop I do art. <.> It was quite difficult to keep the gradient vibrant while merging the layers down so I had to add and colorize a lot on it >.<

Last edited by Archangel Armada; 28th March 2013 at 5:08 AM.

I know Petilil seems out of place <.> I tried really really hard to make it blend well in contrast/brightness with Motonari. but they just have different art styles that I kinda left it like that >.> To me looks blended ;^;
    The vine at the top was just something out of the blue <_> its like... it felt empty in that space so I added that P:
    Glad you still likey though X3 I can't stop looking at it either <_>'

Made a request for someone in one of the shops I do art <_>
    Took no time but still a bit. I experimented a lot with Lightning Effects on this one P:

also I experimented with Full gradient on a team pose thingy on the other shop I do art. <.> It was quite difficult to keep the gradient vibrant while merging the layers down so I had to add and colorize a lot on it >.<

I like the concept of the first one, I really like the lightsource used on Landorus, but I'm not quite sure about Hippowdon, maybe it needs to be more in the light or something. Really cool though, great work.

I really love the team pose, it suits Eeveelutions very well, the only change I think I would make would be to rearrange them to correspond with the color they are standing on, but maybe not this works too.

On a side note, wow I've been away from The Corner for quite a while, but I plan on being more active starting now; if you'll have me back ^_^ lol
    Last edited by Dreamy; 28th March 2013 at 5:43 PM.

Hey people! I know i have been a little bit lost since the last time i was here but i was really sick (head, throat and tummy ache) however i maneged to draw another picture (Yes, again a pokemon theme) for a contest in facebook (Lolz)

Spoiler:- Drawing:

I have to sign so much my own drawings but it was one of the rules (weird i know) however i dont think im gonna win since its not a "cute" drawing and it has no eeveelutions (and not, it was not in to the rules and not in to the suggestions -facepalm- just the admin told us later that he really like the eevee family...) But well, at least i have fun trying new species (Meganium and Togekiss) and specially with Meganium leaves/petals

Sorry i just need to write it down xD

Quote Originally Posted by yasei View Post
    Hey people! I know i have been a little bit lost since the last time i was here but i was really sick (head, throat and tummy ache) however i maneged to draw another picture (Yes, again a pokemon theme) for a contest in facebook (Lolz)

Spoiler:- Drawing:

I have to sign so much my own drawings but it was one of the rules (weird i know) however i dont think im gonna win since its not a "cute" drawing and it has no eeveelutions (and not, it was not in to the rules and not in to the suggestions -facepalm- just the admin told us later that he really like the eevee family...) But well, at least i have fun trying new species (Meganium and Togekiss) and specially with Meganium leaves/petals

Sorry i just need to write it down xD

@Yasei: Glad to see some more of your work~ Your anatomy is getting better, and i do like the concept of this drawing alot. I will give you my suggestions though.

Ok, so where arcanines back feet are, it seem as though you are trying to make it seem as if he is coming towards the viewer? That is a good concept, i like that alot Although it is good in theory, the anatomy does not perfectly align with that specific pose though. But that will come in due time, and it looks good other wise. Which kind of ties in with the meganium, where he is using vine whip to muzzle his mouth closed. What i cant seem to find in this picture, is an actual form of reference for a "ground" where they are standing off of. Meganium looks as if he is falling almost, leaning away and slipping off the image a little. I do like how you executed his petals though, very good for a first try The vines do look a little like they were "stuck on" though where they meet his body. Perhaps you could have hidden them behind the petals to look as if they came from somewhere beneath the foilage? That is just a suggestion Again with togekiss> very good for a first try! I like his plumage alot, though the wings dont quite match up, and not in that pose at all either. Raichu is in a wonderful position, i love those legs alot, though the toes really should be slightly curved to show the curvature of arcanines back and sides, as he is not a 2 dimensional flat being as your shading is trying to suggest. I do apologize if i sound harsh I am trying to give some constructive criticism I do love this picture alot really You did a great job with it, especially going out of your comfort zone with some new ones you havent tried before. Well done overall, antomy could use some work but otherwise, i really like what you have done
    Rexxaroo

I really hate watercolours. Like seriously, I despise them. Possibly the most frustrating material I've ever used in my artistic career. I'm not even sure if I have the willpower to finish this.

[IMG]http://i45.*******.com/f2nb10.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    I really hate watercolours. Like seriously, I despise them. Possibly the most frustrating material I've ever used in my artistic career. I'm not even sure if I have the willpower to finish this.

[IMG]http://i45.*******.com/f2nb10.jpg[/IMG]
    They are pretty finicky to work with, but just stick with it and it'll pay off in the end. Looking good so far, can't wait to see the finished piece.

I haven't played a ton of Metroid, so I'm no expert, but the only thing that sticks out to me is Samus' arm cannon looks a little off, it seems to be too far to the left, it should be closer to her body. This will require closer inspection, so just keep going with it.
    Last edited by Dreamy; 1st April 2013 at 1:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote_Dynamo View Post
    They are pretty finicky to work with, but just stick with it and it'll pay off in the end. Looking good so far, can't wait to see the finished piece.
    Thanks, but they really are driving me insane right now.

Even though a finished piece made by someone who knows how to work then looks really good, it's so much effort to get them to work. Like, there's so many pitfalls associated with them compared to other materials. You've got to take into consideration the correct amount of control of water on your brush and the paper, the correct mixing of colours (and this gets me so much; I swear to god I've never mixed exactly the same colour twice in a row), and not to mention the fact that once you've put brush to paper, that's it, you can't do anything about it or erase it or go over it (well, most of the time). I'm struggling to figure out if its worth the effort, really. I probably will end up finishing this piece, simply because of the fact that I've put about a week's worth of work into it anyhow, but it'll be a while before I use watercolours again. Especially for faces. God, I hate doing faces.

Oh water colors o v o I admired people who do full colors traditional art greatly, partly because it is so difficult to get it right without the undo button > v >;;

and uhm, I'm not dead > v > here is one I'm working on, just finished the lineart. It is a gijinka version of a feraligatr ^7^

is it just me or totodile's line gave out a very tribal hiphop impression lol
    Last edited by goldensteambun; 1st April 2013 at 2:32 PM.

★ goldensteambun

looking for TRU or Movie11 Shaymin on Gen 5 game, please PM me for offer

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    Thanks, but they really are driving me insane right now.

Even though a finished piece made by someone who knows how to work then looks really good, it's so much effort to get them to work. Like, there's so many pitfalls associated with them compared to other materials. You've got to take into consideration the correct amount of control of water on your brush and the paper, the correct mixing of colours (and this gets me so much; I swear to god I've never mixed exactly the same colour twice in a row), and not to mention the fact that once you've put brush to paper, that's it, you can't do anything about it or erase it or go over it (well, most of the time). I'm struggling to figure out if its worth the effort, really. I probably will end up finishing this piece, simply because of the fact that I've put about a week's worth of work into it anyhow, but it'll be a while before I use watercolours again. Especially for faces. God, I hate doing faces.
    Don't give up, it took me two years to get used to watercolors, I still struggle with them.

Quote Originally Posted by goldensteambun View Post
    Oh water colors o v o I admired people who do full colors traditional art greatly, partly because it is so difficult to get it right without the undo button > v >;;

and uhm, I'm not dead > v > here is one I'm working on, just finished the lineart. It is a gijinka version of a feraligatr ^7^

is it just me or totodile's line gave out a very tribal hiphop impression lol
    I wish my pencil had an undo button lol I don't dislike CG art, it just doesn't excite me as much as traditional art, not that I value it any less though.

Nice work, can't wait to see it in color
    Last edited by Dreamy; 1st April 2013 at 9:16 PM.

@Poetry: Water colors are truly a great medium, even with their downfalls. I use a lot of watercolors in my art when i actually decide to color my works. The goal with watercolors is really to use good brushes. Some hold more water than others and this can cause some issues if you just want to merry two colors together instead of overpowering one. You can also use a dry brush or a small piece of paper towel to lift some color away. I really like where youre going with the piece though, it looks great so far. Im a huge fan of the metroid series, but i agree with coyote, the arm does look off.
    here is one ive done in water color. Just keep working at it , you can do it!
    wildogs.jpg

@ Golden: I love your feraligator so much, i cant even handle how cute that is. The line work is very very clean which just adds to its beauty, cant wait to see the finished piece!
    Rexxaroo

Page 65 of 107 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast