View Poll Results: Who's club banner is the best? (see below)

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eeveelover824

6 11.54%
  • colorless-winter

0 0%
  • Sworn Metalhead

23 44.23%
  • Azulart

6 11.54%
  • Callie-Rose

1 1.92%
  • extroph

15 28.85%
  • Kutie Pie

1 1.92%
Page 67 of 107 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 2651

Thread: The Artist's Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Hands View Post
    I've made a lot of art...
    Regular Banner:

Frag Banner:

Split Userbars:

Those look awesome!! I love how you did those The colors are great and the text stands out very niceley, good work i think the last sprite banner is my favorite.
    Rexxaroo

Smudge banner with a twist!
    And by twist I mean text and C4Ds

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote_Dynamo View Post
    @Frost: I see what you are saying, I've seen those 50 x 50 ones before
    Yeah, Northern Lights is quite well known for them...it's where the leagues get the Pokemon badges.
    Regular Banner:

Frag Banner:

Split Userbars:

Nice for first tries, I think the frag banner could use a border along the frags and a bevel, but not bad, not bad at all. Though isn't that Extroph's style?

Regular Banner:

Frag Banner:

Split Userbars:

Those all look really awesome, nice work on the userbars

I also agree with what FrostStorm said about the frags, they would really pop then.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostStorm View Post
    Smudge banner with a twist!
    And by twist I mean text and C4Ds

Yeah, Northern Lights is quite well known for them...it's where the leagues get the Pokemon badges.

Nice for first tries, I think the frag banner could use a border along the frags and a bevel, but not bad, not bad at all. Though isn't that Extroph's style?
    I can't figure out how to do outlines on the frags on GIMP, or bevels!
    And yeah, that's Extroph's style, but Shadow uses it and he doesn't care

EDIT: Added an outline :O
    Last edited by Jazz™; 4th April 2013 at 6:17 PM.

I can't figure out how to do outlines on the frags on GIMP, or bevels!
    And yeah, that's Extroph's style, but Shadow uses it and he doesn't care

I'm just adding to everyone else who's commented but it looks much better with the borders. Jut make sure you remove the black line you've got going around the edge of the whole picture to properly show the gaps and you're good to go.

Agreed, looks great with the border
    Rexxaroo

If you want to outline irregularly-shaped images, it's easy. Duplicate the layer of the item you want to outline. On the lower layer, right click the item in the Layers Toolbox and click "Alpha to Selection". This will select all the visible items in that layer. Go up to Edit > Grow by 1 pixel. This will enlarge the selection. Fill the selection with any color of your choice (in this case, black) by pressing [Control] [Hyphen OR Plus Sign] [Comma] at the same time. This shortcut will use the Foreground color. Pressing [Period] instead of [Comma] will use the Background Color. Alternatively, you can fill the selection by going to Edit > Fill with FG/BG Color. When you've filled the selection, press [Control] [Shift] [A] to deselect everything. You're done! Well, mostly.

If you deselect the Eye Icon on the Layers Toolbox, you'll find that instead of an outline, you've made a solid silhouette and put it behind the image. Most of the time, I don't really care about this because the image I want is on top of the silhouette anyway, but if this bothers you, there's a fix. Go to the upper layer (the non-silhouette) and Alpha to Selection. Now that this is selected, activate the lower layer while the selection is still in effect. Once the lower layer is activated, simply go to Edit > Clear to delete this "unnecessary" space. Now you're free to move this bottom layer anywhere you want and it won't cover up your original image.

Keep in mind that when you're doing an outline, you'll need a few extra pixel spaces around your original image or else the outline will be cut off. I'm good with GIMP, any more questions you need, I'll try to answer.

And nice work on the outline, btw. Not sure if you did it the hard way with the paintbrush. And I still see some unneeded black outline on the non-fragmented areas, so clean that up.

It's nice to see all of these creative juices flowing today! I finally uploaded all of my sketches from art, so I think I'll showcase all of them to you guys.

Spoiler:- Ears:

Alright, I'm not a big fan of these. I feel like the eraser marks at the tips of the ears kind of ruined them, and the shading isn't all that great. Though, I think it's a good example of how ears can be done

Spoiler:- Eyes:

I love drawing eyes, I feel like they're my forte honestly. Though, I do have problems when it comes to eye lashes and under eye lashes. Also, pairs of eyes are really hard for me to draw.

Spoiler:- Mouth:

These were some of the most irritating things I've had to draw, personally. It took me a couple of hours just to get the noses and lips in the right places for just the female. I said screw it when I did the male mouth, so it's not that good...

Spoiler:- Lips:

Ahh, the lips. These are really fun to draw, in my personal opinion. They have so many different shading and lighting you can do for them. Also, I drew a boat as well trying to salvage one of my lips.

Spoiler:- Nose:

Rounding out my drawings with the noses, which I thought were really hard to draw. THe trick with drawing noses is that i's pure shading, no hard lines should really be in the nose, unlike other body parts like the eyes. Though, I really like the bottom one and how it turned out.

So guys, what do you think of my drawings? If anyone else has done stuff like this I really think it would be a wise idea to post them here, I'm sure we would all love to see that. Also, it would be a really good break from Graphical art...
    Last edited by Lost™; 4th April 2013 at 11:54 PM.

My humanity will corrode away... Until I'm just a monster...

Credit to EG for Banner.

@ Lost: Good work! Those are looking really good. The light direction is in the right direction and it really shows that youve been working hard to make sure they look realistic. Keep doing what you are doing you are definitley on the right track. the mouth with the teeth looks a little, funny i guess, but thats ok i understand what you were trying to convey these are great practice and study sketches i like them. Overall, though, you are shading a little too dark. otherwise, i love it. I do alot of shading and traditional art, you should check out some of my black and white graphite stuff. Shading and detail are my life Good work!
    Rexxaroo

wow lost those sketches are really good...keep up the good work...i need to work on my human drawing im not so good as i am with animals XD but that is normal i need you anatomy book -_-

IGN: Allie
    3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    PS Name: FairyWitch824

My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Deviant Art

I was just trying out some new style of shading, I think it looks a lot better then what it did.
    http://fav.me/d60duke

.: 3DS FC: 0490-5034-9209 :.
    .: DeviantART :: Graphics Thread :: Art Thread :: Art Shop :.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Red Absol View Post
    I was just trying out some new style of shading, I think it looks a lot better then what it did.
    Some nice drawings.
    I like em.
    Check out Dragon-Tamer club..had to remove it because sig was too big. (Mod: As was having the water club)

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[
    Need someone to train your pokemon or breed for one ? I will do it.

@Lost Good job, they are pretty good. It gets pretty tricky when doing natural lashes, just be careful that they don't end up looking like falses. Be careful with the philtrum (area between the upper lip and nose) it's best to rely on shading to create that, but the lips look really good. Also be careful when doing teeth, they tend to come out looking like veneers, I really like the bottom left lips. You are absolutely right about noses, use as few lines as possible it's all shading, they look pretty good. I agree with Rexxaroo you are shading a bit too dark, but otherwise they look good. Keep up the good work.

@Blood Red Absol They are really cute
    Last edited by Dreamy; 5th April 2013 at 1:31 PM.

Here's my 1st attempt at making an avatar.It's a simple one for now.

Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Red Absol View Post
    So far it is nice, though the shading is probably still to subtle and not quite there for my taste. I always thought that shading should bring out the colors and not just darkened primary color, and for the cute and simple chibi it is best to have a some what bubble, bright and vibrant shading to emphasize on their cuteness, that is what I think. You should try experimenting more with colors when you shade, don't just use a single darkened shading fore said your color u v u

Also I probably have said this a million times before, but lay off the bases already buddy lol keep using bases will get you nowhere, seriously >v>;;

ha, on the other side, have a little doodle I made in 15 minutes

I'm Arsenal fan mmkay >v> this is just me having fun with pencil/crayon style xD
    Last edited by goldensteambun; 6th April 2013 at 7:01 AM.

★ goldensteambun

looking for TRU or Movie11 Shaymin on Gen 5 game, please PM me for offer

Quote Originally Posted by Shayminlover123 View Post
    Here's my 1st attempt at making an avatar.It's a simple one for now.

It's good for a 1st attempt, it has pretty good composition
    Quote Originally Posted by goldensteambun View Post

ha, on the other side, have a little doodle I made in 15 minutes

I'm Arsenal fan mmkay >v> this is just me having fun with pencil/crayon style xD
    I like it, it's really cute, it's really good for a 15 minute doodle

I would like to say the reason I have not posted drawings in awhile.
    Well. may sketchbook is totaled..and that is just about the only thing I have to draw on.
    Check out Dragon-Tamer club..had to remove it because sig was too big. (Mod: As was having the water club)

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[

What happened to it?

I remember dropping mine in a mud puddle back in high school. All of my art homework and everything else was destroyed

I'm almost done with one about Rosa and Nate, but hands are hard, even legs, they're harder than arms.

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDragoniteHD View Post
    I would like to say the reason I have not posted drawings in awhile.
    Well. may sketchbook is totaled..and that is just about the only thing I have to draw on.
    lol somehow your reason sound like an excuse for not doing homework >v>

I never had a sketch book to tell the truth, I draw on whatever surface I had on hand whenever I have the urge to draw, be it my math text book or even the surface of the toilet paper holder lol. Ideal is like rain, they fall whenever so be there to catch it and put it down on paper if it come, that is what I think. It might slip away if you don't. You shouldn't just limit yourself on drawing just on your sketch book >v>;;;

★ goldensteambun

Quote Originally Posted by goldensteambun View Post
    lol somehow your reason sound like an excuse for not doing homework >v>

I never had a sketch book to tell the truth, I draw on whatever surface I had on hand whenever I have the urge to draw, be it my math text book or even the surface of the toilet paper holder lol. Ideal is like rain, they fall whenever so be there to catch it and put it down on paper if it come, that is what I think. It might slip away if you don't. You shouldn't just limit yourself on drawing just on your sketch book >v>;;;

I want it to look nice.
    So, pretty much I have to limit myself.

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[

I hope to god I'm still on the list....

Anyway,

http://s1164.photobucket.com/user/Hy...c9707.jpg.html I DREW LORD MIROKU <3 Such a adorable monk xP

Credit to Bru for my banners<3
    Quote Originally Posted by TayRanitar View Post
    Was wonder trading some starters yesterday and got a Bidoof called "JustinBieber". I then took it to the elite 4 to get mauled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajduk View Post
    You, sir, are a true hero. I would follow you to hell and back.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDragoniteHD View Post
    I want it to look nice.
    So, pretty much I have to limit myself.
    Are you saying that art can't be nice if it is not on sketchbook ? This thing is chalk drawing on sidewalk, and if it is not 'nice' then I have no ideal what is http://img.weburbanist.com/wp-conten...9023c64d_o.jpg >v>;;;; my dear, if you are going to limit yourself as an artist, it would be a horrible waste of ideals and talents. Experimenting and trying new things is extremely important to develop your artistic skills, to my opinion. However, if it is your choice made out of pure stubbornness to not to, it is understandable and respected that a few individuals do not desire advice from others and prefer to execute matter with their personal preference.

... Or you could just, get a new sketchbook lol >v>;;;;;;
    Last edited by goldensteambun; 7th April 2013 at 9:30 AM.

★ goldensteambun

I've done a lot of drawing recently. I even dusted offs tablet and used that. But didn't make much worth showing.

oh and the chalk on sidewalk would be good if the link worked....
    Last edited by Shade2000; 7th April 2013 at 8:46 AM.

lol link fail >v>

here have another crayon/pencil doodle, this one I made in 20 minutes because I was having too much fun with colors xD

★ goldensteambun

Page 67 of 107 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast