View Poll Results: Who's club banner is the best? (see below)

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eeveelover824

6 11.54%
  • colorless-winter

0 0%
  • Sworn Metalhead

23 44.23%
  • Azulart

6 11.54%
  • Callie-Rose

1 1.92%
  • extroph

15 28.85%
  • Kutie Pie

1 1.92%
Page 25 of 107 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast

Thread: The Artist's Corner

Quote Originally Posted by pokeram View Post
    I'm not sure if I would work well...
    I'm best at userbars...
    PM me some examples?

heres a banner i threw together today i hope you guys like it. if theres anything i could fix please tell me. oh and tell me if the text is hard to read or not to me its not but i want your opinions.

Attached Images Attached Images

banner made by Lucina Archealis (I don't think I spelt that right OTL)
    ^U^ I LOVE Crona from soul eater!
    owner of the silver fan club
    VM me and such if you wanna play some SSBB! im always up for a challange!

i think it looks good. should just be cleaned up a little bit

It looks great! I would clean up the shadow lugia's rendering, and make the text a lighter color so it can be read more easily.

Does anyone know where I can find the "base" to make a image like this one?
    By base, I mean the circle where the Pokémon are standing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    Does anyone know where I can find the "base" to make a image like this one?
    By base, I mean the circle where the Pokémon are standing.

Straight from my Photobucket(though I obviously didn't rip them). I haven't found any 5th gen bases :L

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    true im just trying to say if someone comments on your stuff its whatever...i don't really care...i just state my opnion if you disagree im cool with it...don't let anyone discourage you from your work...its just a opinion...i normally let it go now...
    A little late, but... this is completely missing the point. The idea of getting other opinions is to listen to them and look at what they're saying, and then use it to fix any mistakes you might be prone to. It has nothing to do with discouraging you from making anything else, or attacking your work. If you really don't care what anyone else has to say and are only looking for praise, there's really no point in posting your art on the internet, much less in a club full of fellow artists.

Frankly, I'm starting to want to pull out of this club if it's full of graphic artists who think this way about feedback. It's extremely discouraging, and above all, I seem to be a black sheep in a club full of graphic artists to begin with since I'm not one, unfortunately. I didn't realize the proportion of graphic artists to all others was going to get so out of balance...

SHINY RAINBOWS BECKON YOU TO THE ARTIST'S CORNER

Trainer Name: Misha
    3DS FC: 5112-3720-5938
    Friend Safari: Fighting; Pancham, Machoke, Hariyama

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserin View Post
    A little late, but... this is completely missing the point. The idea of getting other opinions is to listen to them and look at what they're saying, and then use it to fix any mistakes you might be prone to. It has nothing to do with discouraging you from making anything else, or attacking your work. If you really don't care what anyone else has to say and are only looking for praise, there's really no point in posting your art on the internet, much less in a club full of fellow artists.

Frankly, I'm starting to want to pull out of this club if it's full of graphic artists who think this way about feedback. It's extremely discouraging, and above all, I seem to be a black sheep in a club full of graphic artists to begin with since I'm not one, unfortunately. I didn't realize the proportion of graphic artists to all others was going to get so out of balance...
    since he never took me off the rooster which i should been off like two days ago i quit the club, yet since im still on it ill just post one more im not saying that way...im saying yes its trying to help you get better but in the way it is discouraging to some people to me if someone freaks about me helping then i ignore it but if they take the advice thats good...im just saying that people take things way to offensive here and its to dramatic here also another reason why i quit i can't really say cuaz i don't want to make even more drama to this club...i hate drama and don't want to be in it...i just trying stop all this drama...we need stop taking offensive remarks with critiquing which to me annoying...don't get me wrong i take people critiques but i don't listen to everyone's cuaz most of are just plain little small nit picks which are petty to me...what im looking for is good critiquing like azul does with my artwork...this is my last post the club and i mean it this time....so guys sorry but i quit this just to much drama here...also kaisein your right its depressing here...so thats another reason why i left...I wish there was more traditional artist here it would be nicer place...i just had to get this off my back...i just want everyone to understand critiquing is not hurtful, it should be helpful...

edit: i just saying i worded it wrongly i meant this way i just said above ^
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 29th October 2012 at 10:02 PM.

If you like sailor moon click on the banner and join the club!
    IGN: Allie
    3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    PS Name: FairyWitch824
    master league and shadow star league fairy gym leader and SV is 1846
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Deviant Art~Fire Type Club

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow♠ View Post
    Straight from my Photobucket(though I obviously didn't rip them). I haven't found any 5th gen bases :L

hey thanks for these. i was looking too, but do you have to change the size of the sprites or can you just use the ones on elite2000, the regular size

Quote Originally Posted by trident20 View Post
    hey thanks for these. i was looking too, but do you have to change the size of the sprites or can you just use the ones on elite2000, the regular size
    You mean change the size of the bases or the Pokemon sprites? I don't change either size, so fitting lots of big Pokemon can be a real pain.

What you reckon guys?

Thank you, Shadow♠!

Hi guys sorry for being soo inactive, i have learned to do userbars i just am not good at making a background (like a design). Could somebody maybe help me?

FC:1891-1694-6992

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny_Wooper View Post
    Hi guys sorry for being soo inactive, i have learned to do userbars i just am not good at making a background (like a design). Could somebody maybe help me?
    what program are you using? if its gimp i can help but i cant if its not. ^-^''

oh and nice banner sm. it looks really good the way you make everything go together like that

i made this. what do you all think?
    Last edited by trident20; 30th October 2012 at 3:22 AM.

Ah well tried my hand at another banner where I had to rescale the image and this is what I did:

I tried making it from memory on the steps I learned from vids, but my mind went blank >.> and this is the result of it <.>
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

Source of images

Quote Originally Posted by AwakeningLeafIcarus View Post
    Ah well tried my hand at another banner where I had to rescale the image and this is what I did:

I tried making it from memory on the steps I learned from vids, but my mind went blank >.> and this is the result of it <.>
    Take notes! :P Youtube tutorials are extremely useful for polishing up banners and even getting them to look good from the beginning. This looks pretty decent anyway though

so how big are profile pics? i want to make one with the right size

Quote Originally Posted by trident20 View Post
    so how big are profile pics? i want to make one with the right size
    Max size for a profile pic is 100 x 100px.

Quote Originally Posted by Sworn Metalhead View Post
    Max size for a profile pic is 100 x 100px.
    ok thanks!!

I made this sometime during my lifetime:     Spoiler:- Derp:

I use this kind of pictures as desktop wallpapers etc. though, as they are a bit too detailed for signature-purpose

Quote Originally Posted by Sworn Metalhead View Post
    Take notes! :P Youtube tutorials are extremely useful for polishing up banners and even getting them to look good from the beginning. This looks pretty decent anyway though
    Ah well thank you ^_^ And I am a very visual person, but I will try to take notes. Seems like a great idea I never thought about <.>

Now I need to learn how to add to images to a banner <.> I want to that D: hmm.. like a fade banner..? <.> one image faded the other one clearly visible <.>
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

Source of images

Quote Originally Posted by AwakeningLeafIcarus View Post
    Ah well thank you ^_^ And I am a very visual person, but I will try to take notes. Seems like a great idea I never thought about <.>

Now I need to learn how to add to images to a banner <.> I want to that D: hmm.. like a fade banner..? <.> one image faded the other one clearly visible <.>
    layers ^U^ with your program make each picture a different layer and adjust opacity to how much visibility you want the picture so you can see part of whats behind it. oh and to add images try google images (unless you want to draw it) copy and if you have that option click paste as new layer and your good to go with that. also some cleaning may need to be done when you make the white background of the image. i hope this helped
    Last edited by colorless-winter; 30th October 2012 at 11:18 PM. Reason: TYPOS!!!!

Hey guys I've been thinking about something.
    My school is opening up its magazine again after a few years. Its an art magazine with photographs, writing, drawing, paintings, ect. I want to do two pieces and one of them is pokemon related, but I'm not sure what to make. In school, I always hear the conflict between those who like only the first couple generations an those who like all of them. I wanted to make a picture that demonstrates that idea. I though that talking about it would help give me inspiration and motivation ^^' So if anyone has any cool ideas or just wants to comment about it please do so. I'll put it up on here after I'm done with it. The closing date for the magazine is on November 9 so I gotta think fast.

My Deviantart *^*

Art by me
    3DS fc: 4725 8753 8888
    FS: Nosepass, Pupitar, Barbaracle

Quote Originally Posted by orochi View Post
    Hey guys I've been thinking about something.
    My school is opening up its magazine again after a few years. Its an art magazine with photographs, writing, drawing, paintings, ect. I want to do two pieces and one of them is pokemon related, but I'm not sure what to make. In school, I always hear the conflict between those who like only the first couple generations an those who like all of them. I wanted to make a picture that demonstrates that idea. I though that talking about it would help give me inspiration and motivation ^^' So if anyone has any cool ideas or just wants to comment about it please do so. I'll put it up on here after I'm done with it. The closing date for the magazine is on November 9 so I gotta think fast.
    maybe have n and original gba pokemon on the left and some newer pokemon on the right with some text saying ''one or the other they're all still pokemon either way'' is that a good idea? i just pictured it in my head heres a sketch of what i think it could look like

n poke poster.jpg

my doodly fail i hope this helps give you some ideas

Page 25 of 107 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast