View Poll Results: Who's club banner is the best? (see below)

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eeveelover824

6 11.54%
  • colorless-winter

0 0%
  • Sworn Metalhead

23 44.23%
  • Azulart

6 11.54%
  • Callie-Rose

1 1.92%
  • extroph

15 28.85%
  • Kutie Pie

1 1.92%
Page 68 of 107 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 2651

Thread: The Artist's Corner

Quote Originally Posted by goldensteambun View Post
    Are you saying that art can't be nice if it is not on sketchbook ? This thing is chalk drawing on sidewalk, and if it is not 'nice' then I have no ideal what is http://img.weburbanist.com/wp-conten...9023c64d_o.jpg >v>;;;; my dear, if you are going to limit yourself as an artist, it would be a horrible waste of ideals and talents. Experimenting and trying new things is extremely important to develop your artistic skills, to my opinion. However, if it is your choice made out of pure stubbornness to not to, it is understandable and respected that a few individuals do not desire advice from others and prefer to execute matter with their personal preference.

... Or you could just, get a new sketchbook lol >v>;;;;;;
    It is my preference..but I am considering drawing on regular paper..because I have not drawn anything in weeks.
    And maybe that hindered me..idk.
    Check out Dragon-Tamer club..had to remove it because sig was too big. (Mod: As was having the water club)

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[
    Need someone to train your pokemon or breed for one ? I will do it.

Quote Originally Posted by goldensteambun View Post
    Are you saying that art can't be nice if it is not on sketchbook ? This thing is chalk drawing on sidewalk, and if it is not 'nice' then I have no ideal what is http://img.weburbanist.com/wp-conten...9023c64d_o.jpg >v>;;;; my dear, if you are going to limit yourself as an artist, it would be a horrible waste of ideals and talents. Experimenting and trying new things is extremely important to develop your artistic skills, to my opinion. However, if it is your choice made out of pure stubbornness to not to, it is understandable and respected that a few individuals do not desire advice from others and prefer to execute matter with their personal preference.

... Or you could just, get a new sketchbook lol >v>;;;;;;
    I'm really glad you brought up the chalk drawing, because in the town I'm from they have an Art Festival every year and chalk drawing is a big draw. I pretty much agree with everything you said, for example look at Michelangelo's work, he didn't have any of the modern conveniences we have and yet he created some of the best known art in the world. You can't limit yourself just because you don't think you have the necessary tools, work with what you've got, you might surprise yourself.

Hey guys. I'm back to Serebii, yet again. cx I'm looking for a bit of advice with the banner in my signature. So, I really like how it turned out and whatnot, just with the text, well... I really wanted the word LIVE to stand out from the rest of it, so I made it white, and tanned the rest of it. I couldn't find a color that worked for the text besides tan, which I don't particularly like. Any ideas on other font colors, OR different ways I can make LIVE stand out?

I drew this, because I wanted to and it's not digital, and that first drawing was not supposed to do what he's doing, I was just trying to make him create a ball or something. Another digital drawing I submitted on dA, but one person noted my errors(about the hair standing out, the anatomy and the shading I did by following an overlay tutorial)

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

well this is my first attempt to badges and i swear trying to draw with my laptop touch mouse sucks >.> i practically redid the drawing like 20 times and still fussing over the badge -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    well this is my first attempt to badges and i swear trying to draw with my laptop touch mouse sucks >.> i practically redid the drawing like 20 times and still fussing over the badge -_-

Well...Its head is a little...wide...but I can see how as it was a mousepad...I use a computer mouse, and I draw the lineart at like 200 x 200 or 300 x 300. Then shrink it down to a smaller size. And chain link it so the dimensions don't look awkward. =)
    Also make sure the outer glow is inside too, it looks sharper.

For Eeveevolutions, I think the most important parts to draw are the head and the tail, as that is the most important.

Hey my first try wasn't really awesome either XD practice makes better (not perfect cause no one's perfect).

Also, the lineart, (from goldensteambun's digital drawing tutorial) you can make a layer, sketch, lower opacity, make new layer, sketch, lower opacity, wash, rinse, repeat. Apply knowledge from everywhere! =)
    Last edited by Toyosatomimi no Miko; 8th April 2013 at 6:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostStorm View Post
    Well...Its head is a little...wide...but I can see how as it was a mousepad...I use a computer mouse, and I draw the lineart at like 200 x 200 or 300 x 300. Then shrink it down to a smaller size. And chain link it so the dimensions don't look awkward. =)
    Also make sure the outer glow is inside too, it looks sharper.

For Eeveevolutions, I think the most important parts to draw are the head and the tail, as that is the most important.

Hey my first try wasn't really awesome either XD practice makes better (not perfect cause no one's perfect).

Also, the lineart, (from goldensteambun's digital drawing tutorial) you can make a layer, sketch, lower opacity, make new layer, sketch, lower opacity, wash, rinse, repeat. Apply knowledge from everywhere! =)
    thanks frost and yeah i know its wide that what i was fussing about cauz i know i can draw leafeon better then that free hand -_- also yeah i was thinking about the glow but i forgot about that...

I won a signature of the week contest, yaaaaayyyy!!!!!
    Now I won the beginners signature of the week, I can enter other signatures of the weeks now too!
    Theme: Magical anime girls.
    3DS FC: 4656-6673-5632.

Well done. I never new there was a signature competition. Normally I would go find it straight away, but.....
    I haven't made any graphic stuff for ages. Only drawing. I need to order some markers off the Internet.

When you draw traditionally do use generally use markers or pencils to colour or not at all?

There isn't a signature competition at Serebii, lol.
    But at other places there is.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade2000 View Post
    Well done. I never new there was a signature competition. Normally I would go find it straight away, but.....
    I haven't made any graphic stuff for ages. Only drawing. I need to order some markers off the Internet.

When you draw traditionally do use generally use markers or pencils to colour or not at all?
    I actually was experimenting long ago with colors when I drew. I actually didn't like it at all. I prefer to have no color at all on my drawings since it kinda seems.. more.. magical @_@

My dad taught me how to add color without fully coloring a drawing by just coloring the inner corner... I need to find an example to make sense on this =_= But it was in the picture drawing along the edges of said drawing P:

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenPhoenix96 View Post
    There isn't a signature competition at Serebii, lol.
    But at other places there is.
    I wanna see with what banner you won the contest! D:
    Also congrats :P
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

Credit to Sworn Metalhead

I use markers on the outline and pencils for the filling in part. I have this kit thing with like 1000 colored pencils inside, with like 10 shades of each one color...
    Also I gotta check this banner competition out... :3

Quote Originally Posted by Lucina Archaelis View Post
    I actually was experimenting long ago with colors when I drew. I actually didn't like it at all. I prefer to have no color at all on my drawings since it kinda seems.. more.. magical @_@

My dad taught me how to add color without fully coloring a drawing by just coloring the inner corner... I need to find an example to make sense on this =_= But it was in the picture drawing along the edges of said drawing P:
    I know what you mean, I did a drawing like that for art class in High School

Quote Originally Posted by FrostStorm View Post
    I use markers on the outline and pencils for the filling in part. I have this kit thing with like 1000 colored pencils inside, with like 10 shades of each one color...
    Also I gotta check this banner competition out... :3
    I'll have to give that a try for my manga inspired pieces, I usually do a black out-line this way I can do a color out-line easier. (Also, note-to-self, find giant colored pencil set, mine's a little shabby)

My coloured pencil set is ok. Apart from the fact it has no standard pink or purple. I use them for a lot of requests or school work or good drawings, but if I'm just drawing for fun I'll generally use mine or my dads box of assorted pencils.
    I usually colour using pencils inside a black outline, with thicker around the outside.
    I'm gonna be doing a bit of banners and stuff since I got a request at my art shop. I wanna close it though, but then I'll feel bad for my workers, because they're really good, but they are only in my art shop because I'm a friend.....

I've never used markers to outline a drawing before colouring it in... but then again I rarely use colouring pencils; partly because I've never really bought a comprehensive set of colours so I can never get the right shade or tone of the colour I want, and also partly because I've always sort of hated colouring pencils anyway. I think it stems back to some early childhood memory where I drew stuff in class with a plain HB pencil and teachers would always nag me to colour it in to "finish" it, even though I would insist it was already finished and pencils would just ruin it... stupid totalitarian primary school.

But yeah, I don't use markers but I do paint black outlines frequently on my paintings, usually makes things a whole lot easier to do.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    I've never used markers to outline a drawing before colouring it in... but then again I rarely use colouring pencils; partly because I've never really bought a comprehensive set of colours so I can never get the right shade or tone of the colour I want, and also partly because I've always sort of hated colouring pencils anyway. I think it stems back to some early childhood memory where I drew stuff in class with a plain HB pencil and teachers would always nag me to colour it in to "finish" it, even though I would insist it was already finished and pencils would just ruin it... stupid totalitarian primary school.

But yeah, I don't use markers but I do paint black outlines frequently on my paintings, usually makes things a whole lot easier to do.
    God...I dun hate coloring...I just don't require it.
    They never forced me to do anything.
    Check out Dragon-Tamer club..had to remove it because sig was too big. (Mod: As was having the water club)

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[

haha I'm one of those people who have to made the lines very defined in drawing, traditional or digital >v>;;

anyway something I have been working on today, just finished the line a while ago u v u

anatomy why huhu

★ goldensteambun

looking for TRU or Movie11 Shaymin on Gen 5 game, please PM me for offer

Quote Originally Posted by Lucina Archaelis View Post

I wanna see with what banner you won the contest! D:
    Also congrats :P
    Okay.
    Here it is.

Now I won beginner signature of the week, I can also participate in the other signature of the weeks, so I'm participating in a signature of the week contest, I already made mine and sended it, I only need to wait till the start of the voting, and then at the end I will see if I win.
    Here is the one which I'm going to use in the normal Signature Of The Week:

Okay.
    Here it is.

Now I won beginner signature of the week, I can also participate in the other signature of the weeks, so I'm participating in a signature of the week contest, I already made mine and sended it, I only need to wait till the start of the voting, and then at the end I will see if I win.
    The first one is alright, though that URL on the side...um...do they make you put that?

The second one - I think there's WAY too much text. The second line from the top, you can't really read it, it's small and the glow kinda makes it harder. Notice the slanted text goes over Meta Knight's wing. Usually, be it smudge banners or frag banners, you want nothing over your render. Your render is the most important part of the entire signature, as signatures are mostly photo manipulation. Also, there's negative space on top of and below the slanted text. Do they let you use C4Ds in these contests? Because C4Ds add nice effects, such as leaves being blown away. Really they're just abstract shapes, but they help. If anyone remembers my HTTYD (Deadly Nadder) smudge, that blue light thing next to it is a C4D. I would suggest using brushes there, then using a C4D as a somewhat large clipping mask. Aside from that...I think the render needs to grow a bit. And some Hard Light. duplicate the layer and set the top one to Hard Light or Soft Light (if hard then mess with the opacity until you like it). Also your "quotes" have a glow and a really REALLY faint drop shadow, but the main text (Meta Knight) has no effects at all (well other than a low opacity drop shadow, give it an outline or something...)?

All in all it's alright but there are places for improvement. Although it's not bad.

*goes to that forum*

Stiff competition...eheheh 0 - 0
    Seriously...They got some really good artists over there. Probably all armed with Photoshop CS6. 0_+
    I mean seriously. Even if I tried really hard and used a million C4Ds (don't try that, too many ruins the siggy) I don't think I would have beaten even one of them...don't back down.
    I wish you luck though.

I don't color my drawings...so I dunno yet.
    I may do it later though.

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[

Okay.
    Here it is.

Well the top one looks nice :P
    Too transparent for me though <.>

The second one... like Frosty said, it has too many words and they are a bit hard to read P:

Good luck on those contests though XP

Now today I just finished a dragon team.. XD I mean my favorite Dragons.
    I was planning on drawing them full body, but after I drew Dragonite.. it just seemed to big so I went with their heads with a little more of what makes them stand out P:

Blue flames for awesomeness >:3

Spoiler:- Dragon Team:

I still can't get the hang of coloring >.>
    and. htis is pretty much what I was talking about when drawing in the edges only slightly different P:
    Last edited by Archangel Armada; 10th April 2013 at 9:54 PM.
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

Credit to Sworn Metalhead

Ahhh it's been a while since I came here. u u u
    gfhdejswghfdjuesk such lovely things!!!; A ; I love them all so much!
    Sadly, I have nothing to show. ;___; I do have 3 WIP's. One's barley started, the other one is more like a doodle/vent art really, so it's crap. while the other one is NSFW.
    So obviously, I can only post 2 of them up.; u ;

So yeah, barely started. I haven't done digital art in a pretty long time. So I decieded to give it another go! This will be a headshot, a late b-day gift for a friend. Guess I'll post a better WIP later.

A reallllllly shitty vent art/doodle I did the other day while I was bored. I'm just too lazy to scan right now. huuuu

I should really start finishing on my stuff, eh?

GloomyHaruka It would be interesting to see your full non-doodled works, since I really can't tell from just doodles hehe u v u;;

Good to see everyone have been drawing ! Or at least, some >v>

I finished the damn thing

★ goldensteambun

looking for TRU or Movie11 Shaymin on Gen 5 game, please PM me for offer

Ahaha yes, I should! u u u Just haven't had much time to finish things these days. Plus, when I do get the time, I usually have the urge to draw something NSFW.; u ; /sobs
    And wooooooooooooooooooooow gfdesjwgfdyhsujiagfhdjski it's so so sooooo cute!!; A ; I just gtfrdhejswghfrdjuek love the colouring!!!!> u <
    And dat lineart! <3 So crisp! I totally love it!
    Great job!

Also, newer WIP?; u ;

I don't do much digital work, so it sucks. lol. I decided to go for thicker lines and then colour the lines a different colour instead of black. I usally go for thinner lines, but meh.
    I find the shoulders and neck look off. And I sort of hate how the eyes came out. And the fact that the hair is not as flow-ish as the sketch. But considering I did this with mouse and epn-tool, I'm pretty proud of how this came out actually.; u ;
    I'm in the colour stages now. Gonna start colouring the skin first because I really enjoy colouring the skin digitally actually! (It's funny, I hate colouring skin traditionally, but digitally, I love it! Even though I do VERY little digital and a lot more traditional. /shot)
    Ahaha, but I'm actually having fun with this one! I do wish that I can pull off making lineart better though. Hopefully I can get a tablet one day so I can make a nicer flow~

I've been working with sprites a lot recently, and made some team poses. just really wanted to show them off:

Credit to Shadow for the Buttons

Page 68 of 107 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast