View Poll Results: Who's club banner is the best? (see below)

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eeveelover824

6 11.54%
  • colorless-winter

0 0%
  • Sworn Metalhead

23 44.23%
  • Azulart

6 11.54%
  • Callie-Rose

1 1.92%
  • extroph

15 28.85%
  • Kutie Pie

1 1.92%
Page 71 of 107 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 2651

Thread: The Artist's Corner

@Shadow♠ I think it's cool, though personally I like 48 or 36 better, in case they can't reach a computer.
    @Shadow♠ Scanlines can also add a nice effect on banners. Though in some cases you lower the opacity to get it right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffyy View Post
    Lool, thanks for the appreciation. Oh btw, not my first banner, I wish my first banner was this good xP. Yeah I do find the scanlines a bit odd, but eh..

Yeah, I guess. But some banners from legit professionals with scanlines look soo awesome. But I guess thats your opinion and mine.

edit; I really wanna see the artwork you guys do ;DD
    It't pretty good, though I would suggest either having Shadow (or a duplicate) as the top layer, or erasing the lines over him with a large fuzzy brush.

As for art, for digital art, click the Art link in my sig, it's my Photobucket. Flip through my library and the Art Shop album. For traditional, click deviantArt and knock yourself out.
    Last edited by Toyosatomimi no Miko; 19th April 2013 at 2:18 AM.

I actually like the scanlines in this case, since it takes the place of the obscuring splatter that was on the original and makes him look kind of murky without completely messing with the image. So I think that one's a YMMV thing! Maybe try it and see which one you think looks better?

Since we're linking stuff, my deviantART hasn't been updated in ages, though I'm hoping to post a new drawing soon. ...Ish. Soon-ish.

SHINY RAINBOWS BECKON YOU TO THE ARTIST'S CORNER

Trainer Name: Misha
    3DS FC: 5112-3720-5938
    Friend Safari: Fighting; Pancham, Machoke, Hariyama

[IMG]http://oi45.*******.com/5njdab.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://oi45.*******.com/14o4t9s.jpg[/IMG]

Lool, heres both.. I couldn't decide which to do because some likd scanlikes and some didn't. Anyways, I erased the scanlines on Shadow.. I gotta say.. erm, I like the scanlines better for no apparent reason. Anyways, thanks for your appreciation and tips guys! Really helped me gain more experience.. I will be experimenting more >

Credits Avenger Angel for banner

@Fluffyy I like the second design without the scanlines the best, but he needs to be sharper.

@Shadow I really like it, I like the fact it's all black, really suits Cynthia's chicness.

Quote Originally Posted by GloomyHaruka View Post
    Have you ever been commissioned to draw (or make graphics) before? If so, what?:
    I have never been commissioned to draw or make graphics before, though it's something I would be interested in doing.

@Fluffy- Nice banners, I like the one with the scan lines better because it makes Shadow darker and thus it matches not only his character but also the rest of the banner.

@Kaiserin- I like the work entitled "January" on your DA account; you have good details on the characters, especially the hair, and the whole picture has a whimsical feel.

Hello curious reader! You know that at some point you've wished you could battle like a trainer in the Pokémon anime. You probably dismissed the thought as a passing fantasy, but did you know the Pokémon Anime Style Battling League allows you to do just that? It's true! Read up on how to get started, and if you have any questions the Q/A thread awaits.
    Hope to see you around the PASBL!

So anyways guys I've gotten back into banner making for a little bit, and took some advice to my heart and worked it out into this. Any CC would be welcomed.

Have you ever been commissioned to draw (or make graphics) before? If so, what?

Well, if you mean commisioned as it is on dA, where you're paid to do a work, then no I have not. Though if you mean along the lines of the Fan Art Shops here on Serebii, then yes, I have done so. Most of them were userbars, pokeballs, and sprites. I'm also doing banners now, and I'm looking forward to expanding my art skills this year.

@Fluffy. I feel like the one without scan lines looks better, in my opinion. I don't like how the lines also cover shadow, so maybe you could rework your layers so Shadow is overlapping the Scanlines instead of him being under the scanlines. Also ,change the border to white or a lighter shade, it's sort of hard to see the border and the direct opposite color of the main color of the banner always has some striking results if used correctly. If not, stick to black or white.

I look sugary and sweet, but in reality I'm just hollow and rotten.
    Tumblr

@ Lost Requiem, I think it looks great, I like the colors, the texture, and it's very emotive.

I think we should do another colabo piece, like we did for the mascot. Anyone else like this idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote_Dynamo View Post
    I think we should do another colabo piece, like we did for the mascot. Anyone else like this idea?
    This could be fun, but we'd have to figure out how to allow everyone to participate regardless of medium. Any ideas? Maybe pairing up people who share the same specialty (i.e. banner makers with banner makers, freehand artists with freehand artists, etc.) would be one option...

SHINY RAINBOWS BECKON YOU TO THE ARTIST'S CORNER

Trainer Name: Misha
    3DS FC: 5112-3720-5938
    Friend Safari: Fighting; Pancham, Machoke, Hariyama

We can do collaboration art? It sounds like a lot of fun but it sounds like it would be pretty difficult to organise. I'm all for it otherwise.

All of the banners and art and stuff have been really fantastic since I've posted. I wish I could respond to everyone's pieces but it would be a ton of quoting. So... keep it up!

It seems like we haven't had a piece of traditional art for a while. I dug this old ditty out from my folders and have been spending some time re-touching it to make it pretty again as the chalk has smudged massively and it looks nowhere near as good as it did the first time... but nevertheless, I think it still looks ok.

[CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Requiem View Post
    So anyways guys I've gotten back into banner making for a little bit, and took some advice to my heart and worked it out into this. Any CC would be welcomed.

Well, if you mean commisioned as it is on dA, where you're paid to do a work, then no I have not. Though if you mean along the lines of the Fan Art Shops here on Serebii, then yes, I have done so. Most of them were userbars, pokeballs, and sprites. I'm also doing banners now, and I'm looking forward to expanding my art skills this year.

@Fluffy. I feel like the one without scan lines looks better, in my opinion. I don't like how the lines also cover shadow, so maybe you could rework your layers so Shadow is overlapping the Scanlines instead of him being under the scanlines. Also ,change the border to white or a lighter shade, it's sort of hard to see the border and the direct opposite color of the main color of the banner always has some striking results if used correctly. If not, stick to black or white.
    I love the colors! But it's hard to read the text. It blends in a little too much and it's very small. Maybe you could enlarge it a bit? Just a suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    We can do collaboration art? It sounds like a lot of fun but it sounds like it would be pretty difficult to organise. I'm all for it otherwise.

All of the banners and art and stuff have been really fantastic since I've posted. I wish I could respond to everyone's pieces but it would be a ton of quoting. So... keep it up!

It seems like we haven't had a piece of traditional art for a while. I dug this old ditty out from my folders and have been spending some time re-touching it to make it pretty again as the chalk has smudged massively and it looks nowhere near as good as it did the first time... but nevertheless, I think it still looks ok.

You do really well blending colors in together, like the sky goes from dark to light and the different shades of green on the tree. I'm curious as to what the image is about. What's the text on the bottom say?

| my anime list | anime reviews blog | photobucket | soundcloud |
    | ask me anything...no really! | level my sylveon! |
    | latest anime review: .hack//Sign |
    | currently watching: .hack//Tasogare no Udewa Densetsu // 07-Ghost // 11eyes // 2x2=Shinobuden // Inuyasha |

Omg that banner D: makes we want to get into it...(making banners that is).

It still looks nice o:

I'm so bad at criticism Dx

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny View Post
    You do really well blending colors in together, like the sky goes from dark to light and the different shades of green on the tree. I'm curious as to what the image is about. What's the text on the bottom say?
    Thank you!
    You have no idea how much grief the sky caused me when I was colouring it. I was smudging and blending the chalk so intently that by the end of the week my fingers were raw and the chalk was so ingrained into my skin it wouldn't fade away for weeks afterwards. It was worth it, though.

The scene is from a game called the Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, of this landscape (crappy quality, sorry). The text at the bottom says "Hyrule", which is the setting for the majority of the Zelda series written in Hylian script from the Twilight Princess era from Zelda (reference here).

I like Zelda, in case you haven't gathered yet =p

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow♠ View Post
    It still looks nice o:

I'm so bad at criticism Dx
    Any criticism, bad or good is welcomed! because really I'm just a massive egotist at heart.
    Last edited by Poetry; 19th April 2013 at 10:09 PM.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

@Fluffy Ohhh I really like that Shadow banner! o: And I agree, I love scan lines!xD
    Hmmm I do agree that I like the first one. (The one with scanlines in back of Shadow)
    It makes him stand out a bit more, since he's the main focus after all.xD Only suggestion I'd give would be to sharpen and blur out certain area's. Like, a camera angle.
    For example, if you look at this image; http://koleksifoto.com/images/wallpa...ography-32.jpg (It's just a random image by the way, doesn't belong to me)
    You'll see how the duck in the front is sharpened, while the other ones are blurred out. It's not only camera's that make this effect. But our eyes do it too!
    So, in my opinion, to make it stand out more next time, try sharpening certain area's while blurring out (not too much though) the rest. And note that, certain area's can be more sharpened/blurred out than other parts of the image.
    So, let's say I picked his fist as the main point, since it's closest to the viewer's eyes.
    I'd make that the strongest sharpened point. (Obviously, don't over due it until weird colours/pixels pop up.xD) Then, on the right side of his face, I'd make it sharpened, but it wouldn't be as strong as his fist. Still strong, but you would be able to tell that the fist is a lot more sharpened.
    Then, on the left side of his face, I'd LIGHTLY blur it out a bit.
    Same for his torso/body and legs (same strength) Then, finally, I'd blur out his left arm. Make sure to make this blur stronger than the rest of the body.
    Well, anyway's, I'm REALLY not a pro at this. But, I hope I helped out a bit. u u u
    But honestly, keep it up! Your graphics are lovely and I can't wait to see more!

Oh, also, on the last topic I asked. Yeah, I totally agree with most of you.xD I wouldn't be able to do it so much. I'd get so nervous for deadlines or if it doesn't meet the customer's standards. I wouldn't mind doing chibi's because they're generally pretty easy for me and don't take long at all. But if I was commissioned to do a legit drawing, I don't think I'd be able too.xD Well, not for now anyway's. I'm still not able to draw it very fast. But, I do think I'd be able to do it one day as my drawings will improve. So I do hope to maybe do a bit of commissions to get extra cash.xD
    But, I think my best bet would be to make T-shirts or prints or stuff like that. Well, when it comes to selling my stuff one day.
    Let's not forget that I also want to be a comic book artist/mangaka one day!>83 I know my art is so far away from that right now, but I hope to get there one day!

@Lost Wow, I am totally in love with the banner! o: The text is hard to read, but I like the effect on it. I'm just not too crazy about the font however.
    And, as I mentioned to Fluffy, I think you should blur out/sharpen certain area's to make the image stand out.:3
    But other than that, it looks fantastic! Keep it up!

@Poetry Woooooooooooow.; A ; It's so beautiful! I really love it! I love how you drew/coloured the sky and clouds! The whole picture seems so calming too!
    And ahaha, wow! I knew it looked familiar!xD I had this feeling of nostalgia without me realizing it! I think you did a great job capturing that. You made it nostalgic, but at the same time, different. The blending is just beautiful too. And the text brings this feeling of mystical mystery! If that makes any sense. lol
    Great job, looking forward to seeing more!

Also, I finished those omissions I was talking about last week.
    Not the best, but meh. I honestly got really lazy and frustrated near the end, so I coloured it in markers. I don't have copic markers, so I used those small Crayola markers.; u ;
    Again, not the best. But I actually think it turned all right. Not my proudest though. But urgh, I was so happy to see one of the hands looked good! Of course, that had to come to a price.>__> The other arm looks a bit too short, so because of that, the hand looked weird on that arm. Urgh. I couldn't sketch out the hand for some reason. I kept trying and trying and couldn't figure out why. Then, I said skrew it, and kept it like that. Then, as I was inking that arm, I realized it was too short and that's why the hand couldn't be drawn right.; ~ ;
    ghffyhdsiruggjfjguibreiofn
    Well, anyway's, I did my best. Hopefully they'll like it!
    I'll try to post it up next week.
    I also need to finish that b-day present.; u ; /sobs

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote_Dynamo View Post
    @ Lost Requiem, I think it looks great, I like the colors, the texture, and it's very emotive.
    Really!? That makes me really happy. I was actually making a one-shot about Reimu (The character in the picture) titled Chained Prayers, and this Zerochan image fitted it perfectly, I'm glad you liked that, especially since I only used bare bones layering (Four, to be exact), and only one texture (Which is the japanese text you can see on the left). Anyways I'm glad it was receipted well.

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny View Post
    I love the colors! But it's hard to read the text. It blends in a little too much and it's very small. Maybe you could enlarge it a bit? Just a suggestion.
    I personally feel like that if any changes to the text would make it detract from the banner itself. I wanted Reimu to be the focal point, and the text is easy to read in my opinion, and is really simple and clean, with only 50 % opacity and a glow with a stroke as well. When I went to brighten it I felt like even at 60% it was too bright, and if I enlarged it the glow would also go into Reimu, something I don't want

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow♠ View Post
    Omg that banner D: makes we want to get into it...(making banners that is).
    Thank you so much Shadow! It feels really nice hearing that from you

@Lost Wow, I am totally in love with the banner! o: The text is hard to read, but I like the effect on it. I'm just not too crazy about the font however.
    And, as I mentioned to Fluffy, I think you should blur out/sharpen certain area's to make the image stand out.:3
    But other than that, it looks fantastic! Keep it up!
    As I said with Savanny, the text is a little hard to change. The I chose the font as it's relatively simple and clean, but isn't too fancy. Something I feel like fits Reimu a lot when she isn't begging for money/food or being a quote on quote "Red and White Bitch" yea, that's said in the games surprisingly. I tried sharpening it and it looked really bad, and I actually gave the right a small blur, it gives a sort of fire effect mixed in with the red and white gradient I used. Thanks for the words of encouragement, nothing less~

As for the collaboration mentioned earlier, I really feel like it would be an excellent idea, to be honest. I think it would be a wise idea and would make the art community here get to know each other better and get friendlier with each other

Tumblr

@Lost Oh yeah, I just noticed that! I didn't notice the blur on the side. Nice touch.~
    Anyway's, it looks great!:3 And you're very welcome.~

And yeah, I think you guys should do it then.~ I don't think I'd be able to participate, but I'd love to see the results nonetheless!

@Lost Requiem, the banner looks very well done, its emotive and the colours mix very well. The text might need some work on it, because its rather hard to see what it says but overall, I really love it!

@Poetry, nice job.. actually very nice job! Lol, big fan of Zelda here and I thought it said "Hyrule".. yeah I suck at decoding words. Anyways, the piece looks calm, peaceful and mostly beautiful. Loved how you blended the colours so well and my favourite is the sky bit!

@GloomyHaruka, thanks for typing all that just for me xD? Anyways thanks for the tips, I think my banner is just perfect now with the sharpening and the blurring! Here's my (hopefully) final result.. I hope I didn't do too bad on the sharpening/blurring -_-

[IMG]http://oi33.*******.com/k1xqx1.jpg[/IMG]

Anyways, now.. thinking for more ideas for a new banner >_>

Credits Avenger Angel for banner

Okay that's just cool. I'm not exactly the biggest Zelda fan, but that's cool.

REIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU U! (don't tell me it's not)

Okay, anyway, it's very nice, I like the effects. This is your best yet. I do agree with Savanny that the text is a little hard to read, but the low opacity (or whatever) adds a nice...effect. I do wonder if making the text sort of scrambled around like rings of water (when a drop of water drops into a pool of water) would look nice. I'll have to try that some time on my own.

@Fluffyy Wait, blurring? Don't blur Shadow, he's your focal.
    Edits: I think his fist is too sharp. Unsharpen it a little and then duplicate the render layer, set the top one to Overlay or Hard Light, whichever looks better. Try setting the opacity lower too.

And I apparently can't get a coherent sentence out today.

@ Fluffyy: the banner is not bad for a simple banner one problem though add some red to banner it seems that black makes it blend with shadow and to me i feel it would look better with red to match shadow other color besides black...also blurring shadow i do agree kills him as the focal point...the image that is always the vocal point needs to stand out...

@lost: the banners is really nice but i find that banner is a bit dull to me on the lighting a bit to me its a bit needs a nice soft lighting to it which to me feeling really flat but thats my opinion like some way to add some depth to the focal point which is the girl and the text i do agree is hard to read >.> try using a better font to make the text more legiable.
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 20th April 2013 at 4:41 AM.

So I took your guy's advice and I made edits to the banner. I feel like the soft light Eve wanted makes the colors not pop out, and the text seems to attract attention now... Though, people have said it's better... Though overall I think it looks nice, not as good as the original but nice neverless

Tumblr

@Poetry Woooooooooooow.; A ; It's so beautiful! I really love it! I love how you drew/coloured the sky and clouds! The whole picture seems so calming too!
    And ahaha, wow! I knew it looked familiar!xD I had this feeling of nostalgia without me realizing it! I think you did a great job capturing that. You made it nostalgic, but at the same time, different. The blending is just beautiful too. And the text brings this feeling of mystical mystery! If that makes any sense. lol
    Great job, looking forward to seeing more!
    Haha, thanks! I'm glad the nostalgia is there because I've never actually played Majora's Mask all the way through before and so I've never actually experienced this portion of the game, I just had picture son the internet to go by.
    "Mystical mystery" - I had to read that through a couple of times before it processed fully in my head xD

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffyy View Post
    @Poetry, nice job.. actually very nice job! Lol, big fan of Zelda here and I thought it said "Hyrule".. yeah I suck at decoding words. Anyways, the piece looks calm, peaceful and mostly beautiful. Loved how you blended the colours so well and my favourite is the sky bit!
    Thank you! I've gotten a lot of compliments about the blending and have been contemplating a piece which focuses on Link flying his Loftwing against the sky, which would feature a lot of blending again - but this time I want to try oranges and yellows and reds, because in my opinion it's a real shame you can't ever see sunset in Skyward Sword, considering how pretty the game is. It would be ina similar format, with a plain white border, and perhaps "Skyloft" text at the bottom?

Quote Originally Posted by FrostStorm View Post
    Okay that's just cool. I'm not exactly the biggest Zelda fan, but that's cool.
    Cheers!

So I took your guy's advice and I made edits to the banner. I feel like the soft light Eve wanted makes the colors not pop out, and the text seems to attract attention now... Though, people have said it's better... Though overall I think it looks nice, not as good as the original but nice neverless
    I think I prefer the original, purely because of the fact that the colours in it are indeed much more saturated and pop out more than this one. I dunno but they look sort of watered down in this one, which additionally causes a sort of imbalance in the picture itself because the original had a consistent level of darkness throughout but this one appears to be darker on the left side. Great work on it nevertheless.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

I think I prefer the original, purely because of the fact that the colours in it are indeed much more saturated and pop out more than this one. I dunno but they look sort of watered down in this one, which additionally causes a sort of imbalance in the picture itself because the original had a consistent level of darkness throughout but this one appears to be darker on the left side. Great work on it nevertheless.
    That's what I was thinking as well, the banner didn't really need any more light edits to it, as it did what it was supposed to do. The text itself was supposed to fade into the banner, but tp some people it seemed to faded a little too well, but I think the text in the original was much better. I can't change the font, so people can't have there legible version of it sadly. I was doing this version following advice, but it didn't turn out as well. I feel like the colors are just tossed aside and the emotion has withered away.

I also made another one today, this time experimenting with darker coloring and text in different languages. To you non-Japanese speakers out there, it roughly translates to "Let it snow"

Tumblr

That's what I was thinking as well, the banner didn't really need any more light edits to it, as it did what it was supposed to do. The text itself was supposed to fade into the banner, but tp some people it seemed to faded a little too well, but I think the text in the original was much better. I can't change the font, so people can't have there legible version of it sadly. I was doing this version following advice, but it didn't turn out as well. I feel like the colors are just tossed aside and the emotion has withered away.

I also made another one today, this time experimenting with darker coloring and text in different languages. To you non-Japanese speakers out there, it roughly translates to "Let it snow"
    i personally like the lighter one a bit better but lost tone down it a bit though with the light it is a bit more bright now looking on here then on the white when you showed me on the xat chat and always need to balance your contrast and darkness, there is nothing wrong with adding more light to the banner its just you need to balance the right light effect, work with the intensity,color and hotspot to get the right lighting effect as well some lighting effects work better on certain focal points....also the next banner in my opnion is a bit bright like the one above i noticed just tone it a bit down and its should be alright, i like though how she has a mini spot light on her face but i think the lightness needs a bit tone down otherwise its nice good job kudos lost ^_^
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 20th April 2013 at 8:59 AM.

Looks really nice..and the text in different languages is nice,
    I am not really a good rater..lol XD
    Check out Dragon-Tamer club..had to remove it because sig was too big. (Mod: As was having the water club)

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[
    Need someone to train your pokemon or breed for one ? I will do it.

It seems like we haven't had a piece of traditional art for a while. I dug this old ditty out from my folders and have been spending some time re-touching it to make it pretty again
    I really like this. You did an exceptional job shading the sky smoothly; it looks really nice. I also like the text underneath, that's a cool idea. I didn't know it was from Zelda at first, but I think that makes it even more interesting.

I like the layout of this banner. The way the umbrella takes up the top right corner and how the girl is in the middle and how the text is positioned; it all works really well together. The lighting is also good, I think it focuses nicely on the girl but also shows the snow and highlights the umbrella.

I think it would be really cool to do collaboration art, but I'm not sure how that could be accomplished. Maybe for traditional artists people could get into pairs, and then each person draws a line drawing of something (a pokémon or any thing or scene) and they scan it and send it to their partner, who prints it and then colors it to complete it. So each person would do one line drawing and would then color the other person's line drawing. I'm not sure how digital artists could collaborate though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario188 View Post
    I really like this. You did an exceptional job shading the sky smoothly; it looks really nice. I also like the text underneath, that's a cool idea. I didn't know it was from Zelda at first, but I think that makes it even more interesting.

I like the layout of this banner. The way the umbrella takes up the top right corner and how the girl is in the middle and how the text is positioned; it all works really well together. The lighting is also good, I think it focuses nicely on the girl but also shows the snow and highlights the umbrella.

I think it would be really cool to do collaboration art, but I'm not sure how that could be accomplished. Maybe for traditional artists people could get into pairs, and then each person draws a line drawing of something (a pokémon or any thing or scene) and they scan it and send it to their partner, who prints it and then colors it to complete it. So each person would do one line drawing and would then color the other person's line drawing. I'm not sure how digital artists could collaborate though.

how would that work >.> i don't have scanners sadly that work so im out of lost with putting up my traditional art all i have is my banner art and graphics design sadly :/ that sounds crazy idea...tradional art can make a good cool abstract looking art

Page 71 of 107 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast