View Poll Results: Who's club banner is the best? (see below)

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eeveelover824

6 11.54%
  • colorless-winter

0 0%
  • Sworn Metalhead

23 44.23%
  • Azulart

6 11.54%
  • Callie-Rose

1 1.92%
  • extroph

15 28.85%
  • Kutie Pie

1 1.92%
Page 72 of 107 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 2651

Thread: The Artist's Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Requiem View Post
    That's what I was thinking as well, the banner didn't really need any more light edits to it, as it did what it was supposed to do. The text itself was supposed to fade into the banner, but tp some people it seemed to faded a little too well, but I think the text in the original was much better. I can't change the font, so people can't have there legible version of it sadly. I was doing this version following advice, but it didn't turn out as well. I feel like the colors are just tossed aside and the emotion has withered away.

I also made another one today, this time experimenting with darker coloring and text in different languages. To you non-Japanese speakers out there, it roughly translates to "Let it snow"
    Not bad...It's Sanae, yes? Honestly I don't have much to say about this one...and as for the Japanese, I find it sad that you can't write other languages in fonts. The snow glyph or word is the same as it is in Chinese, so I figured that much out.

As a side note, I really like your signature. Probably more Sanae.

The half transparent glyphs in the Reimu banner are a bit unnecessary imo, but it makes sense cause she's a shrine maiden...

Collaboration thing: It's a good idea, but some of us do traditional and some do digital. How do we mix the two?

Yes Frost, both of those banners are Sanae. I don't know why but I've started to like Sanae a lot. She's up there with Chen, Youmu, and Reisen for me. Anyways yea, it does sort of suck you can't type in other languages, it sort of does loose an appeal.

Also, thanks for the words Luka! I really used a lot of burning and blurring with the umbrella, so I hoped it worked out really well.

Alright, this Youmu banner was a complete experiment with wispy textures and color burn. I added the small white glow to help brighten up the banner a little bit.

For the traditional and digital thing, how about the traditional draw images where the digital can make graphics out of them? It would be a very interesting idea, to say the least.
    Last edited by Lost™; 20th April 2013 at 10:58 PM.

My humanity will corrode away... Until I'm just a monster...

Credit to EG for Banner.

Yes Frost, both of those banners are Sanae. I don't know why but I've started to like Sanae a lot. She's up there with Chen, Youmu, and Reisen for me. Anyways yea, it does sort of suck you can't type in other languages, it sort of does loose an appeal.

Also, thanks for the words Luka! I really used a lot of burning and blurring with the umbrella, so I hoped it worked out really well.

Alright, this Youmu banner was a complete experiment with wispy textures and color burn. I added the small white glow to help brighten up the banner a little bit.

For the traditional and digital thing, how about the traditional draw images where the digital can make graphics out of them? It would be a very interesting idea, to say the least.
    OMG I love Youmu! Lol this probably goes in a VM...

Anyway your banners are really nice, I love the grunge you used. Though I can't really read the cursive well...I've always been bad at cursive. You used a fuzzy brush to erase some of her? The phantom looks transparent, then again, they are transparent. I'm not sure if the cherry blossom tree belongs with her though, maybe a darker leafed tree would work better.

Honestly I'm surprised no one orders your banners.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostStorm View Post

Anyway your banners are really nice, I love the grunge you used. Though I can't really read the cursive well...I've always been bad at cursive. You used a fuzzy brush to erase some of her? The phantom looks transparent, then again, they are transparent. I'm not sure if the cherry blossom tree belongs with her though, maybe a darker leafed tree would work better.

thats what i say really frost i find it insulting no one orders banners from lost its mostly kyogreblue when im closed and open...i like lost's banners as well as my other worker kyogreblue...i do agree about the font though its still hard to read i see he likes cursive fonts but he always picks the more fine ones that are harder to read on banners...

If you like sailor moon click on the banner and join the club!
    IGN: Allie
    3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    PS Name: FairyWitch824
    master league and shadow star league fairy gym leader and SV is 1846
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Deviant Art~Fire Type Club

Quote Originally Posted by FrostStorm View Post

I used CAC Champagne as the font because of I wanted it to be sort of elegant, but I can change the font if you want. Also, the Cherry Tree was in the image with her, so I can't really do anything about that. Also, that grunge effect is actually a fog texture I found. It adds a really nice hazy look to the picture, symbolizing Youmu is half ghost.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    thats what i say really frost i find it insulting no one orders banners from lost its mostly kyogreblue when im closed and open...i like lost's banners as well as my other worker kyogreblue...i do agree about the font though its still hard to read i see he likes cursive fonts but he always picks the more fine ones that are harder to read on banners...
    I think why most people don't really order from me is because I can't make Banners with renders for the life of me. I'm the best with manipulation of images. Also , most people don't know the magical thing called Zerochan. Anyways all other critiques and comments to all my old and new banner shall now go to my new graphics thread which I shall open up today. Anything you want to say can go there now guys!

My humanity will corrode away... Until I'm just a monster...

Credit to EG for Banner.

I really like how you make the text green so it constrasts with the mostly purple banner there...the colour combination it self was really nice, along with the light and dark shades.
    I'm not sure how people find the text on your banners not legible, I myself have no problem seeing it :/

Anyways, havent posted in a while..
    a request:

It really had a soft, sad feeling to it, but the person wanted it dark also, so I had to put lighter shades to keep the feeling.

Another..dark...ehhh...

Silhouettes confuse me. not sure if there is too little/too much since I have seen variations where there was more brushwork compared to zero.

Quote Originally Posted by ~BrightStarVictory~ View Post
    I really like how you make the text green so it constrasts with the mostly purple banner there...the colour combination it self was really nice, along with the light and dark shades.
    I'm not sure how people find the text on your banners not legible, I myself have no problem seeing it :/

Anyways, havent posted in a while..
    a request:

It really had a soft, sad feeling to it, but the person wanted it dark also, so I had to put lighter shades to keep the feeling.

Another..dark...ehhh...

Silhouettes confuse me. not sure if there is too little/too much since I have seen variations where there was more brushwork compared to zero.
    Pretty jealous of that art..lol XD
    Looks really nice.
    Check out Dragon-Tamer club..had to remove it because sig was too big. (Mod: As was having the water club)

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[
    Need someone to train your pokemon or breed for one ? I will do it.

Quote Originally Posted by ~BrightStarVictory~ View Post
    Youmu mainly wears green so you would expect...The purple/darkness would be fro, the phantom half.

Banner one: Canvas cutoff on the right and bottom. If you daon't have space for the drop shadow, expand canvas size by about 10 pxls on both width and height.
    Banner two: Nice and creepy but the earth-is-shaking effect is a little too strong...
    banner three: Best of batch. Having the head on the stomach/leg though...@_@

BrightStarVictory: I think with the third banner, it'd be better to move the image of Lugia's face up a bit, so it doesn't look so funny to look at at just a glance. It's a great idea, though.

Also, I come bringing art that took me far longer than necessary!! Scaled down a bit for better forum viewing.

SHINY RAINBOWS BECKON YOU TO THE ARTIST'S CORNER

Trainer Name: Misha
    3DS FC: 5112-3720-5938
    Friend Safari: Fighting; Pancham, Machoke, Hariyama

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserin View Post
    BrightStarVictory: I think with the third banner, it'd be better to move the image of Lugia's face up a bit, so it doesn't look so funny to look at at just a glance. It's a great idea, though.

Also, I come bringing art that took me far longer than necessary!! Scaled down a bit for better forum viewing.

my goodness kaisern that work is pretty did you use prisma markers what materials did you use to make it i love the shading of the dress as well as i love the hair with the highlights of the light refelction...its really hard to tell what to improve really...the from the collar bone though to the neck seems a bit wide to me but otherwise really nice

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Deviant Art~Fire Type Club

@Fluffyy, Looks much better, I would call that finished

I'm going to try and comment on everyone's pieces, but I don't have the time at this second.

@Lost, Good work with the blurring and burning, it looks great, though I'm not sure I like the placement of the text. It does draw your eye to her eyes, which is nice, but they pull you in enough without any help.

@BrightStar, I love the Ninetales/vulpix piece, very beautiful, but I would like it if the text were a tad smaller, but great piece in general.

The second one, I like the concept, but it's way too blurry, it takes away from the creepiness. The blur adds it's own touch of creepiness, but not in the right way for me.

The third one, I love silhouettes, and this is pretty good, but it loses it somewhere for me. It seems a bit clunky, I think one with both wings visible would have been stronger, but good work.

@Kaiserin, Very beautifully done, I've got to get a drawing tablet for myself, I agree with Eevee that the collar bone is a little wide, other than that I really don't have anything else.
    Last edited by Dreamy; 22nd April 2013 at 7:49 PM.

Hey, Eevee, remember what I said about not quoting large images where not necessary...?

It's digitally colored, actually! I suck too much with traditional to churn out something the same way I can with a tablet and Paint Tool SAI. Oddly, you're the second person who's mentioned the neck area -- I used a real-person reference for this one, so I'm kind of stumped, actually! I probably just need a little space away from it and then I'll see what everyone's talking about, but as of now I'm like. "What, the neck is fine, you're all silly! D<"

Hey, Eevee, remember what I said about not quoting large images where not necessary...?

It's digitally colored, actually! I suck too much with traditional to churn out something the same way I can with a tablet and Paint Tool SAI. Oddly, you're the second person who's mentioned the neck area -- I used a real-person reference for this one, so I'm kind of stumped, actually! I probably just need a little space away from it and then I'll see what everyone's talking about, but as of now I'm like. "What, the neck is fine, you're all silly! D<"
    acutally i don't remember you saying anything about quoting large images sorry and i see and i see maybe that person may of had a longer neck then normal thats probably what it is from your reference...when you look at refrences at times peoples heads,arms,legs and etc may be long then normal not everyone is the same size...i learned that in cermaics class in college...

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008

Ah, sorry, you probably missed it, then. Yeah, that's a new rule I put in; just remember it for next time, okay? (Alternatively, go in and edit your post, ehehe.)

I must be really anatomy-blind, because I honestly don't see it -- but then, it might be creator's knowledge, because I know how her head is supposed to be angled, and it's not so much angled as tilted. It's sort of hard to describe... But ehh, necks tend to be one of my lesser weaknesses, so I will still keep it in mind to watch the length. :U

That is absolutely true what you said about proportions, though. Rosa is slender and curvy, really hourglassy, and her limbs are also very thin and delicate. I wound up having to thin her waist a bit, because it just looked too big on her figure the way it was. So point definitely taken.

Hi guys! I have another little somethin'-somethin' here I'd like some feedback/constructive criticism on:

| my anime list | anime reviews blog | photobucket | soundcloud |
    | ask me anything...no really! | level my sylveon! |
    | latest anime review: .hack//Sign |
    | currently watching: .hack//Tasogare no Udewa Densetsu // 07-Ghost // 11eyes // 2x2=Shinobuden // Inuyasha |

Ah, sorry, you probably missed it, then. Yeah, that's a new rule I put in; just remember it for next time, okay? (Alternatively, go in and edit your post, ehehe.)

I must be really anatomy-blind, because I honestly don't see it -- but then, it might be creator's knowledge, because I know how her head is supposed to be angled, and it's not so much angled as tilted. It's sort of hard to describe... But ehh, necks tend to be one of my lesser weaknesses, so I will still keep it in mind to watch the length. :U

That is absolutely true what you said about proportions, though. Rosa is slender and curvy, really hourglassy, and her limbs are also very thin and delicate. I wound up having to thin her waist a bit, because it just looked too big on her figure the way it was. So point definitely taken.
    yeah i did miss it sorry about that i hope this qoute isn't too big...also savanny its cute i think the font blending a bit to much with the image but i like it ^_^

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008

@Savanny, Looks really cool, definitely gives Volcarona a god-like presence

yeah i did miss it sorry about that i hope this qoute isn't too big...also savanny its cute i think the font blending a bit to much with the image but i like it ^_^
    I did tell you to go back and edit it... :|a

I guess the font could be a little more visible... Maybe by darkening the image a bit and leaving the font to glow?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote_Dynamo View Post
    @Savanny, Looks really cool, definitely gives Volcarona a god-like presence
    Thank you.

This is a banner I made this morning. I'm having an obsession with fire Pokemon lately. @.@

| my anime list | anime reviews blog | photobucket | soundcloud |
    | ask me anything...no really! | level my sylveon! |
    | latest anime review: .hack//Sign |
    | currently watching: .hack//Tasogare no Udewa Densetsu // 07-Ghost // 11eyes // 2x2=Shinobuden // Inuyasha |

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny View Post
    I guess the font could be a little more visible... Maybe by darkening the image a bit and leaving the font to glow?

Thank you.

This is a banner I made this morning. I'm having an obsession with fire Pokemon lately. @.@
    Really cute Savanny !
    I love it !
    Check out Dragon-Tamer club..had to remove it because sig was too big. (Mod: As was having the water club)

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[

@Savanny, ^I agree, it is very cute and I don't know if you intended it, but the font of the text echoes the curls in Vulpix's tuft, very well thought out *applause*

@Kaiserin IT'S SO BEAUTIFULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!; A ; I LOVE IT!!
    The detailing is incredible and the colouring is really nice and fresh! And the dress is really cute! She's such a cutie.xD
    And I actually like the neck. It looks fine. Hmmm I think some people may think it looks off is because it's thicker. Typically (not all), anime character's tend to have slimmer necks. But I personally enjoy thicker necks, as they look more realistic. And the length is also good. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with the neck. I really like it actually.
    My favourite was how you coloured/shined the dark pink on the dress. u//u//u It's a perfect amount of shine. Not too much or too little.
    fgdesjwgfrhdejsw okay, over all, I find this superrrrrrr cute!!; A ;

@Fluffy MAN OH MAN, IT LOOKS SO SO COOL!! ((I'm so glad that you found my advice useful though. /cries out rainbows of happiness))
    It totally looks like it's popping out! You did an awesome job on it! I really like it.> u < I can't waiiiiiiiiiiiit too see more!!

All right, so I have a little something to share this time.; u ;

I was watching Black Jack the other day, and I felt like doodling him because I have this HUGE crush on him.
    But I also felt like playing around with SAI. Sadly, I don't have a tablet yet, so I was stuck using the mouse...again.; u ;
    I typically draw it on paper first, then colour it. But I sketched it out digitally because to be honest, I didn't feel like getting up.xD Wow.

Anyway's, yes, I am aware that the proportions are REALLY off. Please forgive me.; A ; Once I get a tabelt, I'll make better stuff. u u u
    (Urgh, I hate the eyes and hair kill meeeeeeeeeee)

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'M SORRY. I'm so ashamed.;___; The eyes bug the crap out of me. Ewwwww.
    I should have sketched it out in pencil first rather than using the mouse rgfhdejuswghfdujeks.
    But, I will say this; I'm getting used to SAI a bit. And I liked how the skin came out. I do prefer Photoshop for other things. But I think I'll be using SAI every once in a while. Plus, IT DOESN'T LAG! Defiantly gonna use SAI when sketching when I get that tablet! <3 ghfujdiswghyrfudjs

Gloomy: I tried to make it look like satin, which is shiny, but not glossy. It's a hard balance to strike, so I'm glad you think I captured it. C: Your response is really flattering, haha. You're right that I purposely made the neck thicker, because I personally prefer my necks not to be stick-thin, but the style doesn't always lend itself to that.

Also, BROWNIE POINTS FOR BLACK JACK, EEEEE. I think your issue with the eyes could be fixed by using a darker pink for the tear ducts and shading the eyeball itself a little darker. I'd also suggest practicing with A) shading whitish colors, and B) varying your line width -- the face looks good, but the lines all appear to be the same thickness, which makes lines that should be thinner and less apparent (the upper curve of the chin, the detail on the nose and upper lip, etc.) stand out in a weird way. I really love how you made him look ~manry~, though, and goddamn you did a good job with the sideburns and lower parts of his hair. C:
    Last edited by Kaiserin; 27th April 2013 at 12:19 AM.

@GloomyHaruka, ^everything that Kaiserin said, yeah the eyes are a little off, the right-hand eye is bigger than the left, but you have the shape pretty good. You could think about trying to create the nose with fewer lines or smaller lines. I think the hair isn't that bad, at least it doesn't look totally like a wig. Good work.

Quote Originally Posted by GloomyHaruka View Post
    @Kaiserin IT'S SO BEAUTIFULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!; A ; I LOVE IT!!
    The detailing is incredible and the colouring is really nice and fresh! And the dress is really cute! She's such a cutie.xD
    And I actually like the neck. It looks fine. Hmmm I think some people may think it looks off is because it's thicker. Typically (not all), anime character's tend to have slimmer necks. But I personally enjoy thicker necks, as they look more realistic. And the length is also good. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with the neck. I really like it actually.
    My favourite was how you coloured/shined the dark pink on the dress. u//u//u It's a perfect amount of shine. Not too much or too little.
    fgdesjwgfrhdejsw okay, over all, I find this superrrrrrr cute!!; A ;

@Fluffy MAN OH MAN, IT LOOKS SO SO COOL!! ((I'm so glad that you found my advice useful though. /cries out rainbows of happiness))
    It totally looks like it's popping out! You did an awesome job on it! I really like it.> u < I can't waiiiiiiiiiiiit too see more!!

All right, so I have a little something to share this time.; u ;

I was watching Black Jack the other day, and I felt like doodling him because I have this HUGE crush on him.
    But I also felt like playing around with SAI. Sadly, I don't have a tablet yet, so I was stuck using the mouse...again.; u ;
    I typically draw it on paper first, then colour it. But I sketched it out digitally because to be honest, I didn't feel like getting up.xD Wow.

Anyway's, yes, I am aware that the proportions are REALLY off. Please forgive me.; A ; Once I get a tabelt, I'll make better stuff. u u u
    (Urgh, I hate the eyes and hair kill meeeeeeeeeee)

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'M SORRY. I'm so ashamed.;___; The eyes bug the crap out of me. Ewwwww.
    I should have sketched it out in pencil first rather than using the mouse rgfhdejuswghfdujeks.
    But, I will say this; I'm getting used to SAI a bit. And I liked how the skin came out. I do prefer Photoshop for other things. But I think I'll be using SAI every once in a while. Plus, IT DOESN'T LAG! Defiantly gonna use SAI when sketching when I get that tablet! <3 ghfujdiswghyrfudjs
    It does not even look that bad.
    The eyes look kinda nice.

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[

Page 72 of 107 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast