View Poll Results: Who's club banner is the best? (see below)

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eeveelover824

6 11.54%
  • colorless-winter

0 0%
  • Sworn Metalhead

23 44.23%
  • Azulart

6 11.54%
  • Callie-Rose

1 1.92%
  • extroph

15 28.85%
  • Kutie Pie

1 1.92%
Page 81 of 107 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 2651

Thread: The Artist's Corner

Quote Originally Posted by dahrue View Post
    Those videos help?

I can link you to some smudge brushes if you want?
    They did yeah.

I just use my smudge tool XD, works alright. Might post a smudge banner later.

Claims: Gardevoir and Lulu(FFX)

Quote Originally Posted by orochi View Post
    One of first attempt with digital/traditional art. I don't have a scanner so I had to take a picture of each pokemon and edit them XD

Looks a little blurry? Maybe it uploaded funny?

Try using "blending options" on individual brushs (assuming your using Photoshop).

Looks a little blurry? Maybe it uploaded funny?

Try using "blending options" on individual brushs (assuming your using Photoshop).
    I'm using gimp

My Deviantart *^*

Art by me
    3DS fc: 4725 8753 8888
    FS: Nosepass, Pupitar, Barbaracle

Quote Originally Posted by orochi View Post
    I'm using gimp
    I believe there's an equivalent to 'blending options' in GIMP. Haven't used GIMP in awhile, so I'm not sure what it's called. It can't be much different.

I suppose this qualifies as a simple banner. I magically forgot to add text XD.

This would be the smudge banner. Managed to darken the glow through other means. Text still doesn't look great :L
    Last edited by Astral Shadow; 19th August 2013 at 4:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Astral Shadow View Post

I suppose this qualifies as a simple banner. I magically forgot to add text XD.

This would be the smudge banner. Managed to darken the glow through other means. Text still doesn't look great :L
    Try making your renders blend in with your background. You can literally use the smudge tool over the render and it will give it somewhat of a blend.

EDIT: This is so people can see the improvement in my animated banners.

Way better compared to my Raikou one.
    Last edited by Latch; 19th August 2013 at 8:49 AM.

Changed the simple banner into a frag banner. Fragmentation was random but oh well.

Reworked the text on my smudge banner. Should have made the border a bit less boring :L

Showed my friend the Axel banner since he loves him. He asked for a Roxas banner, so I made this :P

Changed the simple banner into a frag banner. Fragmentation was random but oh well.

Reworked the text on my smudge banner. Should have made the border a bit less boring :L

Showed my friend the Axel banner since he loves him. He asked for a Roxas banner, so I made this :P
    Great improvement. Try working with smaller height dimension, like a signature size. I use (425 x 125) I think. than you can use smaller texts which are easier to work with. I love the Roxas and the Frag banner.

Great improvement. Try working with smaller height dimension, like a signature size. I use (425 x 125) I think. than you can use smaller texts which are easier to work with. I love the Roxas and the Frag banner.
    Yeah not sure why I made them so big XD, especially since I always have buttons in my sig, so even less room :P

Not sure if I want to try animated banners or not.

Yeah not sure why I made them so big XD, especially since I always have buttons in my sig, so even less room :P

Not sure if I want to try animated banners or not.
    Well, think of it this way: you'll never get in practice if you don't at least try, right? C: Even if it comes out not how you'd like it to, you can try again, and again and again after that if need be, and you'll get better at it.

SHINY RAINBOWS BECKON YOU TO THE ARTIST'S CORNER

Trainer Name: Misha
    3DS FC: 5112-3720-5938
    Friend Safari: Fighting; Pancham, Machoke, Hariyama

I'm not a big fan of animated banners tbh. I don't think trading quality for a 3 second clip is worth it.
    I mean I'l probably feel different about them in the future, if the APNG format ever becomes more accepted...

TBTF EGC ACbay deviantART RNtMA
    Friend Safari: Shellgon, Gabite, Druddigon

3DS FC: 2320 6135 5667
    NN ID: TheUglyBarnacle

omg your showing much improvement shadow wonderful job keep at it but only thing you many need to work on for me is the banners seem a bit flat still the light and contrast if you know what i mean the banners quality i can see is getting much better though keep up the good work also i think you need to start working on blending the images within the banner itself right now they just look like they were put on but shadow my god your doing great keep it up practice makes perfect im proud of you sorry i haven't posted in awhile been really busy...also what happen to our opening banner? It was really nice looking too >.>

I know I haven't posted in a while, and i'm sorry but I did do something yesterday.
    So i'e gotten into role playing on tumblr and I created an Ash muse who is obviously older and what not. I kinda wanted to personalize him a bit, seeing as how I bumped him up to 21 he wouldn't look like the same little kid anymore,so I ended up making this as his main image.
    Yes I did peek at a ref for it, bite me.

Spoiler:- yeah:

So yup.
    I know it's sketchy, but honestly my sketchier looking works look better than my finished ones. I've come to realize this. I think it's because it feels so loose and free, where when I finish something it gets stiff and closed in.
    Last edited by Dragoniss; 28th August 2013 at 10:05 AM.

NNID: Antagonistgreen | 3DS FC: 4727-5570-4170

Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch | Deviant Art | Miiverse
    Palletshipping | Cafemochashipping | Namelessshipping

Username: Dragonicwari
    Nickname: Drag, Dragon, Wari, Drago, I dunno, you think of something and I'll respond.
    What art you enjoy doing: Banners mostly
    How you became interested in art: Saw some of the things various art shops have done and thought it was really cool. I don't like relying on other people doing stuff for me so occasionally I try making things for myself and other people who have asked. A few people have made me fairly decent after I asked for help (or at least a lot better than I was, shout outs to SwornMetalhead, FairyWitch, Lucina Archaellis, and a youtuber named Billy Ker). I'm hoping to learn lots more and help others when I have the chance to

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniss View Post
    So yup.
    I know it's sketchy, but honestly my sketchier looking works look better than my finished ones. I've come to realize this. I think it's because it feels so loose and free, where when I finish something it gets stiff and closed in.
    I always feel that my sketch versions are better, cause I can't for the life of me draw a straight line with a pen/sharpie/whatever else I'm using that's not a pencil. It always comes out bumpy and rough...I know that doing it faster makes it straighter but I can't draw (or trace) fast either (slow at everything except learning, woot).
    Just one of my personal problems. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonicwari View Post
    Username: Dragonicwari
    Nickname: Drag, Dragon, Wari, Drago, I dunno, you think of something and I'll respond.
    What art you enjoy doing: Banners mostly
    How you became interested in art: Saw some of the things various art shops have done and thought it was really cool. I don't like relying on other people doing stuff for me so occasionally I try making things for myself and other people who have asked. A few people have made me fairly decent after I asked for help (or at least a lot better than I was, shout outs to SwornMetalhead, FairyWitch, Lucina Archaellis, and a youtuber named Billy Ker). I'm hoping to learn lots more and help others when I have the chance to
    This place is mostly where I get all of my help. Well, I don't need as much as I used to, but whatever.

So....I made my return to Photoshop and went messing with everything. And because I've been using 400 x 150 for a long time now, 500 x 200 looks huge. Like, really huge.
    And that is the result of me messing around in attempt to remember everything again.
    Last edited by Toyosatomimi no Miko; 30th August 2013 at 2:48 AM.

^Well, if that was you messing around I can't imagine how great your other stuff looks! I've been trying to work really small. Like the one in my signature.

Welcome melonjaywalk and Dragonicwari and welcome back Kelz!

>darue- I think your Glaceon banner is a big improvement over the Raikou one!

>Dargoniss- Very attractive looking! I like it though I would make the small critique that his body is a little boxy looking and the bottom of his right arm should be a little lower.

>orochi- I read your new comic and I really like it! (I read Blood Type P a while ago too.) I'm thinking of starting my own pokémon comic and you're an inspiration.

Hello curious reader! You know that at some point you've wished you could battle like a trainer in the Pokémon anime. You probably dismissed the thought as a passing fantasy, but did you know the Pokémon Anime Style Battling League allows you to do just that? It's true! Read up on how to get started, and if you have any questions the Q/A thread awaits.
    Hope to see you around the PASBL!

After a few months of absence (not intended), I'm back! Hello friends, both new and old.

| my anime list | anime reviews blog | photobucket | soundcloud |
    | ask me anything...no really! | level my sylveon! |
    | latest anime review: .hack//Sign |
    | currently watching: .hack//Tasogare no Udewa Densetsu // 07-Ghost // 11eyes // 2x2=Shinobuden // Inuyasha |

I'd like to join the Artist's Corner!

Username: wadder2
    Nickname: Wadd, Wadder
    What art you enjoy doing: Signatures, Icons
    How you became interested in art: By seeing other people post amazing art here on Serebii
    PokeYami
    Make sure Wadder is your refferer!
    i don't want this moment, to ever end
    when everything is nothing, without you

Tumblr--EGC--My Anime List
    Giving away shinies/dw/event? I'll take them

^Well, if that was you messing around I can't imagine how great your other stuff looks! I've been trying to work really small. Like the one in my signature.
    Haha, my stuff is horrible >.> That was the most successful one in the messing around process. The one where I remembered to do everything. Though I do regret not taking out the peach in the corner...it's her sword. I know it's a peach sword and it's weird shut up

My sig was also mixed into the process of messing around. Somehow. Can't find good renders these days. So now she looks like a pyromaniac. .-.
    Quote Originally Posted by Savanny Killersaurus View Post
    After a few months of absence (not intended), I'm back! Hello friends, both new and old.
    Welcome back~!
    Quote Originally Posted by wadder2 View Post
    I'd like to join the Artist's Corner!

Username: wadder2
    Nickname: Wadd, Wadder
    What art you enjoy doing: Signatures, Icons
    How you became interested in art: By seeing other people post amazing art here on Serebii
    Hello!

You notice how the majority of everyone is inspired by a Serebii user.
    Including myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Azure SolarFlyte™ View Post
    Haha, my stuff is horrible >.> That was the most successful one in the messing around process. The one where I remembered to do everything. Though I do regret not taking out the peach in the corner...it's her sword. I know it's a peach sword and it's weird shut up

My sig was also mixed into the process of messing around. Somehow. Can't find good renders these days. So now she looks like a pyromaniac. .-.

Welcome back~!

Hello!

You notice how the majority of everyone is inspired by a Serebii user.
    Including myself.
    I thought i was really good. I suck :/ I literally just sit on Photoshop and just mess around everyday for hours.

I thought i was really good. I suck :/ I literally just sit on Photoshop and just mess around everyday for hours.
    That's usually what I do *points to sig banner*

You can discover techniques that way so :P

That's usually what I do *points to sig banner*

You can discover techniques that way so :P
    I forgot to compliment you on yours, it looks really good!

Try adding light sources.

Hey guy's how's my latest banner?

PokeYami
    Make sure Wadder is your refferer!
    i don't want this moment, to ever end
    when everything is nothing, without you

Tumblr--EGC--My Anime List
    Giving away shinies/dw/event? I'll take them

Quote Originally Posted by wadder2 View Post
    Hey guy's how's my latest banner?

OOOOOO, I really like it. What, if you did use any filters??

Page 81 of 107 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast