View Poll Results: Who's club banner is the best? (see below)

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eeveelover824

6 11.54%
  • colorless-winter

0 0%
  • Sworn Metalhead

23 44.23%
  • Azulart

6 11.54%
  • Callie-Rose

1 1.92%
  • extroph

15 28.85%
  • Kutie Pie

1 1.92%
Page 82 of 107 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 2651

Thread: The Artist's Corner

Hello everyone! What do you think of my latest userbars??

I really like that one ^^

I found a good .gif file for that one ^^

The .gif files in this one are slower and I think it's because I used two on one image, though, the slow down has never happened to me before ^^

Please comment Thanks!

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

Quote Originally Posted by dahrue View Post
    I thought i was really good. I suck :/ I literally just sit on Photoshop and just mess around everyday for hours.
    That's not exactly what I see XD Definitely more than that.
    (considering I was also out of inspiration at the time which is really sad (but to me, it just means to watch more anime cause I'm a total...hikkikomori...thing.)
    I guess being on vacation and having nothing to work with made me better. In a way. Not exactly one I'm proud of. -_-
    And it's probably not the best I've done. Well, I recently deleted a whole lot of stuff off my Photobucket to clear space, so some things got lost. So I don't know what my best is. For now, I guess it's that one (and compared to the majority of the people on here it's really sad XD).
    Quote Originally Posted by Astral Shadow View Post
    That's usually what I do *points to sig banner*

You can discover techniques that way so :P
    Yeah...you're getting better, though I think if you duplicated your render layer and set the duplication on Overlay (or soft light, and mess with the opacity too), it'll make it stick out more. Kind of. You can also blur the duplicated layer to sharpen it (blurring to sharpen, makes no sense at all ._.).
    That's how I figured pretty much everything out on GIMP (had some help with Ps (thank you)). Well, when I still had GIMP.

-wadder
    I hear Gurren Lagann is epic. Never watched it myself.
    But even more so, I hear Kamina is epic.
    I think the only thing I dislike is how...don't want to say plain, some great works are done with Arial or Times New Roman, but the text just seems a little too sticky-outy.

If that (or anything in this post) made any sense.

-Chapter
    Some of your sprites are a little blurry. Remember to never ever ever resize them. Other than that, nice.
    Last edited by Toyosatomimi no Miko; 31st August 2013 at 3:57 AM. Reason: got ninja'd. twice.

@Azure I REALLY like your style. I don't know why. Much better than me (view my shop StarStruck Studios).

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter of Charizard View Post
    Hello everyone! What do you think of my latest userbars??

I really like that one ^^

I found a good .gif file for that one ^^

The .gif files in this one are slower and I think it's because I used two on one image, though, the slow down has never happened to me before ^^

Please comment Thanks!
    They look alright, nice and simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure SolarFlyte™ View Post
    Yeah...you're getting better, though I think if you duplicated your render layer and set the duplication on Overlay (or soft light, and mess with the opacity too), it'll make it stick out more. Kind of. You can also blur the duplicated layer to sharpen it (blurring to sharpen, makes no sense at all ._.).
    That's how I figured pretty much everything out on GIMP (had some help with Ps (thank you)). Well, when I still had GIMP.
    Wish I kept a .psd of the banner >.> I always do it for banners I don't need to and don't do it for ones I should fix.

All I did with the render was opacity drop :L

Wish I kept a .psd of the banner >.> I always do it for banners I don't need to and don't do it for ones I should fix.

The render definitely needs to blend more. Maybe putting a layer over/above the render and adding brush effects w/blending options to make the render blend more.

EDIT: Even working with layers between Render and Render copies. Depending on what you want...locking and unlocking the transparency.
    Last edited by Latch; 31st August 2013 at 4:14 AM.

@Azure I REALLY like your style. I don't know why. Much better than me (view my shop StarStruck Studios).
    I'm considering opening a shop again (last one failed horribly (go me =D)), thing is, I don't know if I have the time or the inspiration. Cause I have no idea what to name it, even if it will exist.
    My style isn't really anything, it really is just a render, a wallpaper, two C4Ds/fractals (depends on the situation), and a font (or two). I actually haven't used a brush since...well, a long time ago. Somewhere around the age of Ran Yakumo.
    So really, it doesn't take much.

**A lot of my inspiration comes from anime. When I say a lot, I seriously mean a lot. Another one is from Touhou, which is where Tenshi, Ran, Mokou, and all those other people come from.
    So when I run out of inspiration, it takes a while to get more. Considering a 24 ep anime takes 12 hours.**

lol I don't save something unless I know that I'll want to change it later. And that's a hunch cause I still don't know myself very well.
    But in cases such as my Tenshi sig, I was an idiot and didn't save it. And now the peach in the corner looks kinda awkward.

I'm considering opening a shop again (last one failed horribly (go me =D)), thing is, I don't know if I have the time or the inspiration. Cause I have no idea what to name it, even if it will exist.
    My style isn't really anything, it really is just a render, a wallpaper, two C4Ds/fractals (depends on the situation), and a font (or two). I actually haven't used a brush since...well, a long time ago. Somewhere around the age of Ran Yakumo.
    So really, it doesn't take much.

**A lot of my inspiration comes from anime. When I say a lot, I seriously mean a lot. Another one is from Touhou, which is where Tenshi, Ran, Mokou, and all those other people come from.
    So when I run out of inspiration, it takes a while to get more. Considering a 24 ep anime takes 12 hours.**

lol I don't save something unless I know that I'll want to change it later. And that's a hunch cause I still don't know myself very well.
    But in cases such as my Tenshi sig, I was an idiot and didn't save it. And now the peach in the corner looks kinda awkward.
    What do you use for wallpapers? & I can't find good C4Ds anyhwere...

What do you use for wallpapers? & I can't find good C4Ds anyhwere...
    If this surprises you, then uh...

I use...Google. Google Images.
    Really, you can type just about anything into the search box and then add "wallpaper" at the end. In the Tenshi banner it was "heaven" because she's a celestial and tenshi means angel and all that stuff.

For C4Ds, it's just a name of a color and then c4d.
    With Tenshi that was blue and pink.
    With Ran that was yellow.
    With Mokou it's red and white (though there's not much white, so more so just red.)

Google's search tools are also useful. You can filter out transparent images, animated gifs, etc.

If this surprises you, then uh...

I use...Google. Google Images.
    Really, you can type just about anything into the search box and then add "wallpaper" at the end. In the Tenshi banner it was "heaven" because she's a celestial and tenshi means angel and all that stuff.

For C4Ds, it's just a name of a color and then c4d.
    With Tenshi that was blue and pink.
    With Ran that was yellow.
    With Mokou it's red and white (though there's not much white, so more so just red.)

Google's search tools are also useful. You can filter out transparent images, animated gifs, etc.
    Really? I have a hard time with C4Ds on Google Images..

Really? I have a hard time with C4Ds on Google Images..
    There are also sites with kind of a special section with them, like renders graphics (the french one).

Usually it's just Google Images. I search it up, find a nice one that I think fits (sparkles for Tenshi! woot), and then usually just copy and paste because the things are so giant it doesn't really matter if it's transparent or not.

There are also sites with kind of a special section with them, like renders graphics (the french one).

Usually it's just Google Images. I search it up, find a nice one that I think fits (sparkles for Tenshi! woot), and then usually just copy and paste because the things are so giant it doesn't really matter if it's transparent or not.
    Attempt at straight C4Ds (some fractal and brush work).

You inspired me, I guess.

EDIT: this too..

Last edited by Latch; 31st August 2013 at 6:54 AM.

Attempt at straight C4Ds (some fractal and brush work).

You inspired me, I guess.

EDIT: this too..

Great as it is 90% of the time.

I might have made the render in #2 stick out more though. Possibly. I'd have to try and see.
    First one is pretty epic though.

Great as it is 90% of the time.

I might have made the render in #2 stick out more though. Possibly. I'd have to try and see.
    First one is pretty epic though.
    You like them? Really?

C4Ds are confusing. Sometimes they're quite diificult to render and such~
    And yo, those look good.

Made this for my shop, I tried a cleaner look than I usually do this time. I'm not sure how some people *coughSMcough* get that blending ting going on while looking so neat.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenConstellation View Post
    And yo, those look good.

Made this for my shop, I tried a cleaner look than I usually do this time. I'm not sure how some people *coughSMcough* get that blending ting going on while looking so neat.
    Thanks!

& SM is a genius that's why..

And yo, those look good.

Am I allowed to post yet?

I think it looks pretty good :x maybe I'm just to new to know the difference?

Also, finally re figured out how to make my old neon images. Trying to decide if I like them better with the black background or without:

Spoiler:- opinions plz:

Just realized I never sized them down....

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonicwari View Post
    Am I allowed to post yet?

I think it looks pretty good :x maybe I'm just to new to know the difference?

Also, finally re figured out how to make my old neon images. Trying to decide if I like them better with the black background or without:

Spoiler:- opinions plz:

Just realized I never sized them down....
    I love these. Just Kingdra's nose got cut off.

And yo, those look good.

...You don't render them, they just come rendered o.o Only like, effect C4Ds and bubble C4Ds don't, and for those you just directly use them.

Anyway, not bad, and I suppose it takes...practice, knowledge of Ps and some other something.
    I'm not sure if I think the render is too big. Not sure. It looks good this way, but something feels off. ._.

@Dragonic
    I guess you should wait for actual acceptance (well, most don't anyway and I can't see why you wouldn't be accepted), but it doesn't really matter.
    If you're gonna make a transparent image, nothing should be cut off. Not the outline, not the image. If there's a straight edge then the canvas needs to be bigger.
    Or something important might be cut off.

↓↓↓↓ Welcome~
    Last edited by Toyosatomimi no Miko; 1st September 2013 at 12:15 AM.

Wow I didn't know that this kind of club is even exist

I'd like to join the Artist's Corner!

Username: AnakBae
    Nickname: Anak or Bae, both are fine lol
    What art you enjoy doing: Graphite drawing, painting, banners, & ubs.
    How you became interested in art: For digital art, it was the inability to wait for an available spot in Serebii art shops gave me the desire to make my own stuff instead of waiting. And I'm a big fan of Extroph's art btw :3

"It's not god the people fear; people's fear is God."

Quote Originally Posted by AnakBaé View Post
    Wow I didn't know that this kind of club is even exist

I'd like to join the Artist's Corner!

Username: AnakBae
    Nickname: Anak or Bae, both are fine lol
    What art you enjoy doing: Graphite drawing, painting, banners, & ubs.
    How you became interested in art: For digital art, it was the inability to wait for an available spot in Serebii art shops gave me the desire to make my own stuff instead of waiting. And I'm a big fan of Extroph's art btw :3
    Welcome! I've seen your work before! I'm a fan!

↓↓↓↓ Welcome~
    Welcome! I've seen your work before! I'm a fan!
    Oh woww really xD Thanks for the welcomes. I will post some stuff that I made for fun sometime.

"It's not god the people fear; people's fear is God."

Quote Originally Posted by AnakBaé View Post
    Oh woww really xD Thanks for the welcomes. I will post some stuff that I made for fun sometime.
    You do a pretty good job from what I've seen.

[---]

http://prntscr.com/1olntt Working on this right now in Photoshop.

Not sure what else to change D: (Though maybe it's a little bright). Also I could use some border advice. Either I use just a plain black border or I do what I did to my current banner in my sig.

And if anyone wants to use my fractals for banners or something, go ahead(just give some kind of credit when you do :P). They're on my DA, which is linked in my sig.

Next time I post I'll put in some new userbars or something.

You do a pretty good job from what I've seen.

[---]

http://prntscr.com/1olntt Working on this right now in Photoshop.

Not sure what else to change D: (Though maybe it's a little bright). Also I could use some border advice. Either I use just a plain black border or I do what I did to my current banner in my sig.

And if anyone wants to use my fractals for banners or something, go ahead(just give some kind of credit when you do :P). They're on my DA, which is linked in my sig.

Next time I post I'll put in some new userbars or something.
    Smaller font. Make the renders blend more. An easy trick I use sometimes is adding a color balance (using colors from you back ground) and applying it directly to your render. Than, lower your opacity to fitting.

Smaller font. Make the renders blend more. An easy trick I use sometimes is adding a color balance (using colors from you back ground) and applying it directly to your render. Than, lower your opacity to fitting.
    I guess I prefer my renders to stick out more :L http://prntscr.com/1oly63 I personally don't like how this looks.

I don't know how much you wanted me to blend it in XP

Text seems a bit pixely now that I look closer at it...problem seem to happen a lot when I do banners.

I guess I prefer my renders to stick out more :L http://prntscr.com/1oly63 I personally don't like how this looks.

I don't know how much you wanted me to blend it in XP

Text seems a bit pixely now that I look closer at it...problem seem to happen a lot when I do banners.
    If it sticks out too much then it'd just be a pop-out banner.
    At the same time, blending it in too much isn't very good either.

For text...uh...I'm not quite sure, as I've never had the problem be that bad, but I guess an outline (1-2 px) would do well. Usually what I do.

Page 82 of 107 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast