View Poll Results: Who's club banner is the best? (see below)

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eeveelover824

6 11.54%
  • colorless-winter

0 0%
  • Sworn Metalhead

23 44.23%
  • Azulart

6 11.54%
  • Callie-Rose

1 1.92%
  • extroph

15 28.85%
  • Kutie Pie

1 1.92%
Page 83 of 107 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 2651

Thread: The Artist's Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Azure SolarFlyte™ View Post
    If it sticks out too much then it'd just be a pop-out banner.
    At the same time, blending it in too much isn't very good either.

For text...uh...I'm not quite sure, as I've never had the problem be that bad, but I guess an outline (1-2 px) would do well. Usually what I do.
    Yeah that's true.

Guess my problem was the bevel, it made the pixel problem worse

http://prntscr.com/1ombhh

Blended a bit more.
    Last edited by Astral Shadow; 1st September 2013 at 2:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dahrue View Post

Thoughts? Please?
    Is the bright spot that is only next to his shoulder intentional? It looks kinda empty compared to the rest of it to me... Otherwise it looks great

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

Quote Originally Posted by Astral Shadow View Post
    Yeah that's true.

Guess my problem was the bevel, it made the pixel problem worse

http://prntscr.com/1ombhh

Blended a bit more.
    Better. Much better.
    And it's not that bright...then again, nothing is really too bright for me

Thoughts? Please?
    The D is a little hard to see, that's my only complaint. Haven't seen FMA (It is, right?) yet though, so uh...

To above: It's for a light source... or the render's armor would look weird with a shine on a dark background.
    I think that's what it's for.
    Or for the text. Because I just woke up and a little fuzzy.
    Last edited by Toyosatomimi no Miko; 1st September 2013 at 3:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonicwari View Post
    Is the bright spot that is only next to his shoulder intentional? It looks kinda empty compared to the rest of it to me... Otherwise it looks great
    .-.

I should've worked over that layer of light, I didn't wanna make the text unreadable.

Another sprite dump of requests from my shop.

Better. Much better.
    And it's not that bright...then again, nothing is really too bright for me

The D is a little hard to see, that's my only complaint. Haven't seen FMA (It is, right?) yet though, so uh...

To above: It's for a light source... or the render's armor would look weird with a shine on a dark background.
    I think that's what it's for.
    Or for the text. Because I just woke up and a little fuzzy.
    I know. & FMA I just started watching this week and so far I love it! & I made the light source to make the render pop more. idk.

Thoughts? Please?
    I actually like this banner but i have to agree with azure the text is a bit hard to read...i think you may need some effects to brighten it up a bit to see it a bit better...as well it is a bit fuzzy what kind anti-aliasing did you use btw darhue? was it set to strong,crisp,none, sharp or smooth...if its none that makes it look fuzzy and horrible looking...also i find the lighting fine imo thats just me though if you do more it may over do it and if you make it darker it just look so as well....

also shadow loving those userbars

Thoughts? Please?
    Took me a while to figure out whats in the background. I think the bigger render of Ed in the BG makes the left part of the banner look crowded. Also, the whole name is barely readable except for the "hrue" part. Other than that, the right part of the banner seems perfect to me. Great use of scanlines, and I think the light source combined with the blown dust or dirt thing in the lower right corner is pretty cool.

"It's not god the people fear; people's fear is God."

Thoughts? Please?
    Looks pretty good! I'd say that the background picture whether it's of a homunculus or of Ed again, is too zoomed in. All I can make out is the eye. :/ Other than that, the image itself looks incredible and, the I like your choice of anime XD FMA is my favorite one

EDIT:

I do shiny cards sometimes and with my new computer screen installed i'm noticing it's very hard to see the background image, which is dissapointing because SCs are very simple and easy to make so IDK what's going on. I'd be happy if you could tell me that you can see the background image or if you can't. Thank you!

http://imageshack.us/a/img89/2943/shinycardex2.png

^Shiny Jirachi

http://imageshack.us/a/img703/9545/shinycardex1.png

^Shiny Charizard

http://imageshack.us/a/img189/538/shinycardex3.png

^Shiny Espeon

Please comment on 'em, thank you!
    Last edited by Chapter; 2nd September 2013 at 4:30 PM.

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

Quote Originally Posted by FairyWitch View Post
    I actually like this banner but i have to agree with azure the text is a bit hard to read...i think you may need some effects to brighten it up a bit to see it a bit better...as well it is a bit fuzzy what kind anti-aliasing did you use btw darhue? was it set to strong,crisp,none, sharp or smooth...if its none that makes it look fuzzy and horrible looking...also i find the lighting fine imo thats just me though if you do more it may over do it and if you make it darker it just look so as well....

also shadow loving those userbars
    Quote Originally Posted by AnakBaé View Post
    Took me a while to figure out whats in the background. I think the bigger render of Ed in the BG makes the left part of the banner look crowded. Also, the whole name is barely readable except for the "hrue" part. Other than that, the right part of the banner seems perfect to me. Great use of scanlines, and I think the light source combined with the blown dust or dirt thing in the lower right corner is pretty cool.
    Thanks so much guys, love the feedback. I'm having a really hard time with text. I don't know why. I should've simply just made the "DA" brighter when I did the gradient. I erased some of it that's why D:

Been having a lot of success mixing up Fractals and C4D's in one banner with very limited brush work. Thanks Azure for that inspiration (:

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter of Charizard View Post
    I do shiny cards sometimes and with my new computer screen installed i'm noticing it's very hard to see the background image, which is dissapointing because SCs are very simple and easy to make so IDK what's going on. I'd be happy if you could tell me that you can see the background image or if you can't. Thank you!

^Shiny Jirachi

^Shiny Charizard

^Shiny Espeon

What program do you use?

The only thing I can think of is either the opacity is turned down or the white background is on overlay. Which the latter doesn't even really make sense, now that I think.

@dahrue Happy to help ^+^

Looks pretty good! I'd say that the background picture whether it's of a homunculus or of Ed again, is too zoomed in. All I can make out is the eye. :/ Other than that, the image itself looks incredible and, the I like your choice of anime XD FMA is my favorite one

EDIT:

^Shiny Jirachi

^Shiny Charizard

^Shiny Espeon

Hey CoC. Would be nice to add more details and reduce the capacity of some items. They're all good for the basics, but there are lots of potential spaces. no. 2 would be my favorite simply because of the background color.

---

I'm currently experimenting with this thing and still unable to be satisfied by it. :[
    Any critics would be greatly appreciated.

Spoiler:- Thing:

EDIT:

^Shiny Jirachi

^Shiny Charizard

^Shiny Espeon

While this may just be me, I find the backgrounds too plain. You can hardly see the Pokemon back there, and the plain white area around them seems to really drain the color out. I would try filling that space and making the background Pokemon pop out a bit more.

FINNALY WORKED OUT ANIMATION BANNERS! (they take Ages TT_TT)

http://imageshack.us/a/img6/4118/ti.gif
    Any thoughts? Please!

EDIT:

^Shiny Jirachi

^Shiny Charizard

^Shiny Espeon

Nice But i agree with everyone else, The white background realy drains the colour, and makes it a bit... bland (if thats the word...) the charizard one is the best IMO simply because of the colour.

Sorry for bieng so inactive
    Last edited by Jazzy-Strings; 2nd September 2013 at 9:12 PM.

Agression, Destruction.
    Meowstic is officially mine!

Credit to SM

Quote Originally Posted by epicjirachifan View Post

Any thoughts? Please!
    (they actually don't, just take a little while if you don't know what you're doing)
    In the first two, I can see the edges in the gif. Which isn't good.
    You can a) use the eraser to erase the edges, or b) when resizing, make it fit the edges of the banner.
    Cause your Kagamine banner's gif doesn't even reach the top. And the edges on the first one are really obvious.
    And your text on the first one is cut off ._.

Last one is better than the other two, but you have some pixels on the right edge that are kind of distorted or something.

Thought it was finally time to join

Username: TurboPieFire
    Nickname: Turbo
    What art you enjoy doing: Digital, just drawing, I enjoy working with pastels, and I have been getting into Ceramics recently.
    How you became interested in art: I got into digital art by seeing the majority of people I know on here do art. I always been into art, probably started getting really interested when I won an award in 3rd grade...

Well I was going to critique for once but it looks every point I would have made for suggestions have been made already by someone else q.q

I have too much times on my hands so~

Spoiler:- Another Jecht Banner:

Spoiler:- Lulu :3:

Obviously there in my sig too, but it's a cycle of 3 so yeah.

Also thinking about doing a button for the club since we have a userbar(from SM).

Quote Originally Posted by TurboPieFire View Post
    Thought it was finally time to join

Username: TurboPieFire
    Nickname: Turbo
    What art you enjoy doing: Digital, just drawing, I enjoy working with pastels, and I have been getting into Ceramics recently.
    How you became interested in art: I got into digital art by seeing the majority of people I know on here do art. I always been into art, probably started getting really interested when I won an award in 3rd grade...
    Lots of members joining, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Astral Shadow View Post
    Well I was going to critique for once but it looks every point I would have made for suggestions have been made already by someone else q.q

Also thinking about doing a button for the club since we have a userbar(from SM).
    ...I'm not sure what to say to that. o_o

We also have a huge banner. Well, we used to.
    And the bars are made by Eevee (FairyWitch) not SM.

To your banners, Lulu is made pretty well, but to the other one, the render has some extraction marks.
    Not much though, and since it's cycling, I don't think you'll really notice it...

EDIT: epicjirachifan, there was actually text on your Kagamine banner? I swear, just noticed that now. I could barely read it cause it was black like the gif. Might want to outline it or make it a different color.
    Last edited by Toyosatomimi no Miko; 4th September 2013 at 3:58 AM.

Lots of members joining, huh?

...I'm not sure what to say to that. o_o

We also have a huge banner. Well, we used to.
    And the bars are made by Eevee (FairyWitch) not SM.

To your banners, Lulu is made pretty well, but to the other one, the render has some extraction marks.
    Not much though, and since it's cycling, I don't think you'll really notice it...
    Oh damn I didn't notice them >.< I didn't extract it myself. And I didn't want to use the same image as my other banner he's in.

I was thinking of this one he did when he was a part of this place.

Too bad no one uses Fairy's userbars that much :L they look good.

Quote Originally Posted by epicjirachifan View Post

Any thoughts? Please!

Nice But i agree with everyone else, The white background realy drains the colour, and makes it a bit... bland (if thats the word...) the charizard one is the best IMO simply because of the colour.

Sorry for bieng so inactive
    hey there epic and your animation banners are nice but only problem i have is that the transparency on one i can see the gif cut off which alot of people have a hard time is blending the gif in the banner mostly alot of layers and correct colors that blend with the image and gif works well...layers are the key for that....also this is just me i have a strange ocd about banner sizing but i feel the banner is really like a box >.> i find banners more rectangular just these banners to me are a bit off but that is just me though...not sure if its me the first banner text seems a bit cut off >.> not sure but the X i think is on the left is off the banner...as well as try adding stroke the banner for like a border...i find bordering with black or white gives nice touches to the banner and looks more finished imo...gifs can be smaller then the banner but it takes alot of work to not show its edges...good job though

edit: I think nick didn't save the banner for the club as well as the userbars so they got erased but shadow how did you get it >.> i could somehow though remake a banner again for you guys out my kindness though of my free time for the club....I feel bad though also yeah shadow i need to remake those userbars tbh i think i can do better now ...its up to you guys though about the new banner thing just let me know...
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 3rd September 2013 at 9:08 AM.

Not sure how I feel abut this one.

So I'll leave it up to you guys...

Only thing I would say is the text is too small imo. Otherwise I got nothing cause inexperience with sig making still.

I like the colors, but what's in the background? I can't tell. The text is a little small, but I can still read it.

| my anime list | anime reviews blog | photobucket | soundcloud |
    | ask me anything...no really! | level my sylveon! |
    | latest anime review: .hack//Sign |
    | currently watching: .hack//Tasogare no Udewa Densetsu // 07-Ghost // 11eyes // 2x2=Shinobuden // Inuyasha |

._.
    I can't find anything. The lighting n stuff. It's all good.
    Imo the text size and color is perfect. You don't want a big text that will absorb more attention than the actual work of that banner.
    Great work!

Page 83 of 107 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast