View Poll Results: Who's club banner is the best? (see below)

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eeveelover824

6 11.54%
  • colorless-winter

0 0%
  • Sworn Metalhead

23 44.23%
  • Azulart

6 11.54%
  • Callie-Rose

1 1.92%
  • extroph

15 28.85%
  • Kutie Pie

1 1.92%
Page 84 of 107 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 2651

Thread: The Artist's Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Azure SolarFlyte™ View Post
    What program do you use?

The only thing I can think of is either the opacity is turned down or the white background is on overlay. Which the latter doesn't even really make sense, now that I think.

@dahrue Happy to help ^+^
    I Use both GIMP and Paint, but mostly Paint. And yeah try the opacity.

@AnakBae

No I didn't want them to be commented on I wanted to know how to fix the background's paleness, er, like, whiteness. Cause its hard to see the pokemon in the BG

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

BURSTS IN THROUGH THE WINDOW WITH STARBUCKS

Okay, first order of business. Welcome Dragonicwari, wadder2, TurboPieFire, and AnakBae!

dahrue: Your banner looks a little bit busy, but not so much that it's distracting, at least. I think that's the problem when it comes to "what's that in the background?" -- there's so much going on that it's hard to focus on one single point over others.

Azure SolarFlyte: Yeah, it got removed from Photobucket, so I sadly had to remove it. I don't even remember if I PMed Sworn Metalhead about it, but ehhh. We could always just open up submissions for club banners, and not limit it to just one. It's a lot easier and less messy than a competition, you know? (I just personally don't feel art needs to be a competition at all, heh.)

SHINY RAINBOWS BECKON YOU TO THE ARTIST'S CORNER

Trainer Name: Misha
    3DS FC: 5112-3720-5938
    Friend Safari: Fighting; Pancham, Machoke, Hariyama

Thanks for the awesome feedback guys. The back ground is the actual render with a ripple effect. I'm gunna fix it.

Club button I came up with. I love using light colors for buttons and userbars.

Also posting a meh banner.

Quote Originally Posted by Astral Shadow View Post

Club button I came up with. I love using light colors for buttons and userbars.

Also posting a meh banner.
    The button looks very nice! The background colors are neat and cute. I prefer simple designs over more complex ones, so it's more of my style. But, the text is a little too close to the border at the top so it makes the apostrophe kinda stick out. You should be able to see what I mean. Otherwise, it's very clean. :3

The banner looks perfect in my opinion. It's not too busy in the background that it takes away the main focus on the characters up front. Very nice!

| my anime list | anime reviews blog | photobucket | soundcloud |
    | ask me anything...no really! | level my sylveon! |
    | latest anime review: .hack//Sign |
    | currently watching: .hack//Tasogare no Udewa Densetsu // 07-Ghost // 11eyes // 2x2=Shinobuden // Inuyasha |

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny Killersaurus View Post
    The button looks very nice! The background colors are neat and cute. I prefer simple designs over more complex ones, so it's more of my style. But, the text is a little too close to the border at the top so it makes the apostrophe kinda stick out. You should be able to see what I mean. Otherwise, it's very clean. :3

The banner looks perfect in my opinion. It's not too busy in the background that it takes away the main focus on the characters up front. Very nice!
    I always leave button text in the same spot so that happens :L might have to make an exception this time.

Last edited by Astral Shadow; 5th September 2013 at 4:06 AM.

I'd like to join the Artist's Corner!

Username:KyuremFreeze
    Nickname:Kyurem,Freeze,Freezie, any of those are fine.
    What art you enjoy doing: pokemon fusions.
    How you became interested in art: well, my friend cloneydew owns an artshop. i asked him to teach me how to sprite, and bam. here i am.
    i also want to start making simple banners and then go into advanced-ish banners(sort of like awildmew, but his are too big.) also, sometimes when i rectangle select a fusion on paint.net and magic wand it, part of the sprite goes with it. halp plz.
    https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...rches/0Kw8LKfX

Everybody, sign this. Churches need to be taxed.

Could NOT think of text for this...

Feedback?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserin View Post
    BURSTS IN THROUGH THE WINDOW WITH STARBUCKS

Okay, first order of business. Welcome Dragonicwari, wadder2, TurboPieFire, and AnakBae!

dahrue: Your banner looks a little bit busy, but not so much that it's distracting, at least. I think that's the problem when it comes to "what's that in the background?" -- there's so much going on that it's hard to focus on one single point over others.

Azure SolarFlyte: Yeah, it got removed from Photobucket, so I sadly had to remove it. I don't even remember if I PMed Sworn Metalhead about it, but ehhh. We could always just open up submissions for club banners, and not limit it to just one. It's a lot easier and less messy than a competition, you know? (I just personally don't feel art needs to be a competition at all, heh.)
    your absolutely right though it shouldn't be a competition espeically on serebii but i think it would be cool if we all had like some way to rotate banners so like all the graphic artist here have a chance to have there banners desplayed on the front i think everyone here deserves a spot on that front and welcome all the new members

shadow that link button is lovely

Quote Originally Posted by dahrue View Post

Feedback?

I think it would look even better if you faded the background out a little bit and made the character pop a little more... But I do love the colors. Very bright and...active? Is that the word I'm looking for?

| my anime list | anime reviews blog | photobucket | soundcloud |
    | ask me anything...no really! | level my sylveon! |
    | latest anime review: .hack//Sign |
    | currently watching: .hack//Tasogare no Udewa Densetsu // 07-Ghost // 11eyes // 2x2=Shinobuden // Inuyasha |

Feedback?

Pretty much what Savanny said...
    I guess you could duplicate Samus (Metroid is epic =D) multiple times and align them so that when you turn the opacity down it looks like she's coming forward? Dunno if you know what I mean.

And sometimes the best banners are textless, so keep in mind that there doesn't always have to be text.

Username: ɹoʇǝɐɹd
    Nickname: Praetor, Jason
    What art you enjoy doing: Any kind of art. Fragmentation, Animated, smudge etc..
    How you became interested in art: Tired of waiting for artshop in the past and figured that i should make my own art so that i don't have to wait
    Self made banner

Percy Jackson, Son of Poseidon in Percy Jackson & Heroes of Olympus Series
    Currently reading Mark of Athena book.

Hi. Imma just... roll on in here.

Username: Equal-to-Heaven
    Nickname: EtH, Equal, Screwdriver, or Monkey. Pick whichever tickles your fancy.
    What art you enjoy doing: Mostly digital work with FireAlpaca and GIMP. But I can also doodle traditionally. I usually stick to a more cartoony style, but I've recently started to try dabbling around with speedpainting.
    How you became interested in art: I've been drawing for as long as I could hold a pencil. My parents used to tell my 5 year old self that my doodles sucked, so being the headstrong jackwad what I am, I go out of my way to prove them wrong. :p

So, heya~ I do all those fancy clock animated thingies.
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/30nc01x.png[/IMG]

PASBL
    | Clock shop on Hiatus | Tumblr
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/swtmiw.gif[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Ding Ding Sparkle Sparkle:

Quote Originally Posted by ɹoʇǝɐɹd View Post

Username: ɹoʇǝɐɹd
    Nickname: Praetor, Jason
    What art you enjoy doing: Any kind of art. Fragmentation, Animated, smudge etc..
    How you became interested in art: Tired of waiting for artshop in the past and figured that i should make my own art so that i don't have to wait
    Thank you for the comments.
    But I'd also like to point out that your sig's gif has a straight edge near the middle of the top. Something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Equal-to-Heaven View Post
    Hi. Imma just... roll on in here.

Username: Equal-to-Heaven
    Nickname: EtH, Equal, Screwdriver, or Monkey. Pick whichever tickles your fancy.
    What art you enjoy doing: Mostly digital work with FireAlpaca and GIMP. But I can also doodle traditionally. I usually stick to a more cartoony style, but I've recently started to try dabbling around with speedpainting.
    How you became interested in art: I've been drawing for as long as I could hold a pencil. My parents used to tell my 5 year old self that my doodles sucked, so being the headstrong jackwad what I am, I go out of my way to prove them wrong.

So, heya~ I do all those fancy clock animated thingies.
    Screwdriver...?

Ah well, your clocks are epic.
    My parents put my failure of a giraffe on the refrigerator.
    I have no idea where it is anymore.

Screwdriver...?

Ah well, your clocks are epic.
    It comes from my Tumblr. Some people still call me by that even though I don't use the account much anymore. ^-^'

And thank you~!

PASBL

I always leave button text in the same spot so that happens :L might have to make an exception this time.

Mind if I put this in the OP? C:

Also, welcome KyuremFreeze, Praetor (LMAO I AM NOT GOING TO TRY TYPING THAT), and Equal-to-Heaven!

SHINY RAINBOWS BECKON YOU TO THE ARTIST'S CORNER

Trainer Name: Misha
    3DS FC: 5112-3720-5938
    Friend Safari: Fighting; Pancham, Machoke, Hariyama

So, does anyone here know much about digital/speed painting?

I've been trying recently to dabble around a bit with a more 'painted' drawing style and this was my first attempt:

[IMG]http://oi40.*******.com/wi3tcz.jpg[/IMG]

It's obviously nowhere near finished (since this is maybe only about 15-20ish minutes worth of work), but I'm pretty happy with it so far. I'd just like to request a little bit of critique or maybe some pointers? This is so new to me and I'd love to learn as many little tricks to improve as I can. :3

PASBL

I've been trying recently to dabble around a bit with a more 'painted' drawing style and this was my first attempt:

It's obviously nowhere near finished (since this is maybe only about 15-20ish minutes worth of work), but I'm pretty happy with it so far. I'd just like to request a little bit of critique or maybe some pointers? This is so new to me and I'd love to learn as many little tricks to improve as I can. :3
    I've tried drawing something on Photoshop before.
    And I failed at it. Horridly.

Well, mostly cause I don't have a tablet, so everything was done with a computer mouse...What I did was draw something on paper, take a picture of it (because I also don't have a scanner), open it in Photoshop, then take a default circular brush and trace.

Once the trace layer was done, I made a layer under that. And used the magic wand and colored/paint bucketed. Since that doesn't quite fill it up though, I expanded the selection by one or two (it's okay because the trace was kind of thick and it was below that layer anyway) and then paint bucketed again.

Repeat for basically the entire thing.

That's what I did, but if we're talking about those pros on YouTube who speed their videos up a whole lot then show them drawing something that ends up all professional and painting and realistic like, I got nothing.

Better experiences with Photoshop drawing include the making of badges, Northern Lights style.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserin View Post
    Mind if I put this in the OP? C:

Also, welcome KyuremFreeze, Praetor (LMAO I AM NOT GOING TO TRY TYPING THAT), and Equal-to-Heaven!
    That's what it was posted for :P

I dun have a lot of new art right now, so I'll save it for another time.

Busy saving renders for the future and doing a shop request.

Feedback?

It's pretty good, although I feel like the left side needs to be a bit more subtle. Also I think the contrast needs to be either increased a little or decreased a little. It's kind of in that awkward middle area. But it's good overall.

TBTF EGC ACbay deviantART RNtMA
    Friend Safari: Shellgon, Gabite, Druddigon

3DS FC: 2320 6135 5667
    NN ID: TheUglyBarnacle

That's what it was posted for :P

I dun have a lot of new art right now, so I'll save it for another time.

Busy saving renders for the future and doing a shop request.
    When I save renders I usually have what I want to in mind. Because my short-term memory is a little...bad is an understatement, let's just leave it at that.

So I usually only save two or three at a time.

Make sure with each render you know what you want to do and then don't forget it like i do.
    I feel like the worst kind of situation there is when making banners and stuff is when you have a nice render but don't know what to do with it to make it look nice.
    Which is why I always record it in some form of text (dA journals, occasionally), so I don't do what I normally do (get an idea, two seconds later when I'm on Google I forget it and then sit there like an idiot in front of Google's home page).

And I think it really is the third time changing my sig this month (this one is not up for comments).

When I save renders I usually have what I want to in mind. Because my short-term memory is a little...bad is an understatement, let's just leave it at that.

So I usually only save two or three at a time.

Make sure with each render you know what you want to do and then don't forget it like i do.
    I feel like the worst kind of situation there is when making banners and stuff is when you have a nice render but don't know what to do with it to make it look nice.
    Which is why I always record it in some form of text (dA journals, occasionally), so I don't do what I normally do (get an idea, two seconds later when I'm on Google I forget it and then sit there like an idiot in front of Google's home page).

And I think it really is the third time changing my sig this month (this one is not up for comments).
    I just like to have these particular ones on hand at any time instead of looking for them when I want to use them.

Used one of the renders I found here. I want to call it a smudge banner since I used my smudge tool but I don't think it's noticeable that I did use it.

Going to stick it in my sig over my other banners when I'm satisfied with it.

I change my sig like 3 times a week soooo.
    Last edited by Astral Shadow; 9th September 2013 at 5:51 AM. Reason: Grammar

[IMG]http://oi40.*******.com/wi3tcz.jpg[/IMG]

That looks good! I like the details, especially the hair.
    How about adding outlines especially around its eyes & mouth and a darker outline around it's body, because I think purple is not dark enough. I know its not finished, but those are the only few things that I think this image lacks. Great work!

"It's not god the people fear; people's fear is God."

Username: Namelesskitty
    Nickname: skitty, nameless (whatever you want so I can know it's me)
    What art you enjoy doing: Mainly banners and such, I suppose I could do some other stuff but I haven't gotten interested in it much.
    How you became interested in art: I've always respected people who can make good art (I've never been sure that mine is all that good) but as of late I've been trying to improve and I figured that input from quite a few artists who are, let's be real, much better than me could help me along.

I make signature banners, if you'd like one VM me and I'll see if I can get back to you.

Made this for my sig. Very simple but, I really like the way it came out.

Page 84 of 107 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast