View Poll Results: Who's club banner is the best? (see below)

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eeveelover824

6 11.54%
  • colorless-winter

0 0%
  • Sworn Metalhead

23 44.23%
  • Azulart

6 11.54%
  • Callie-Rose

1 1.92%
  • extroph

15 28.85%
  • Kutie Pie

1 1.92%
Page 89 of 107 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 2651

Thread: The Artist's Corner

Quote Originally Posted by AWildMew View Post
    Consider giving Meowstic a glow effect or something to make it stand out of the background.

The text blends a bit too much. Have you considered giving it an outline? I usually just zoom in and make outlines, pixel by pixel.

Otherwise, I think it looks good... if a bit... messy... I think the main problem is cleanliness.
    Oh...If you're doing it pixel by pixel, it'll take a LONG time to do one for that font.
    Or BIRTH OF A HERO. That...no, there's a trick for outlining text. If you still want to do it pixel style, try doing that only for pixel text.

(This is for GIMP because I'm assuming all y'alls are using GIMP)
    Make a new layer under the text layer. It should be transparent.
    On the text layer, right click, "Alpha to Selection".
    On the new transparent layer, go to Select > Grow > the desired width of your outline (1 for pixel text)
    Now select your outline color and paintbucket on the layer under the text layer.
    Select > Deselect or just Ctrl + Shift + A (command for macs, I guess)
    If you want you can also add a glow instead of an outline by going on the outline layer Filters > Gaussian Blur.

Spoiler:- Banners again:

My better sigs from the past week or so. I feel the last 2 are some of the best that I've ever done.

I love using white and black brushes overlayed over colors, makes for some cool looking stuff :3

Also, I use a lot of song lyrics for my text on banners >.> so yeah.

And... I finally made a Greninja Sprite!

[IMG]http://i44.*******.com/w71mxw.png[/IMG]

It is slightly untidy, though...

I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Astral Shadow View Post
    Also, I use a lot of song lyrics for my text on banners >.> so yeah.
    Last one is pretty epic.
    Black and white overlay is similar to Avenger Angel's style. Gives off a nice chrome-y feeling.
    And as for songs...90% of all my usertitles are the names of songs, and all my inspiration comes from songs or anime. Heck, Camouflage is a song. :P

Also, I think you just need to work on text/font a little. Everything else is pretty darn good.
    Loving this sprite. :3

Another banner:

[img]http://i42.*******.com/kb69m1.png[/img]

And an evolutionary line silhouette chain:

[img]http://i39.*******.com/28jz7yf.gif[/img]

And a lot of XY Sprites:

Updated Mega Lucario:

[img]http://i39.*******.com/2ihxekj.png[/img]

Female Meowstic:

[img]http://i42.*******.com/mlnl2c.png[/img]

Fennekin:

[img]http://i43.*******.com/in65py.png[/img]

Dragalge:

[img]http://i39.*******.com/207kjex.png[/img]

Tyantrum:

[img]http://i44.*******.com/2j3p5p5.png[/img]

The BEST one, Aegislash:

[img]http://i43.*******.com/zohtw.png[/img]

Honedge:

[img]http://i43.*******.com/2nkm8aq.png[/img]

Vivillon:

[img]http://i44.*******.com/8xn7rq.png[/img]

Fletchinder:

Also, have the spriters here noticed the XY Sprites Thread?

I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself.

I really like this one. It stands above the rest of the banners. Great work!

Another banner:

[img]http://i42.*******.com/kb69m1.png[/img]
    Wow nice one. Some gradient to the text would even make it better.

---

Finally found a usable render for this badass pokemon, critiques are welcome:

"It's not god the people fear; people's fear is God."

Just some quick questions for you guys. I wouldn't call myself a artist yet but im learning through self-teaching and was just wondering how have you guys become good ? Did you just continue to beat on your craft ? Im currently trying to learn to draw better at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Kamran11 View Post
    Just some quick questions for you guys. I wouldn't call myself a artist yet but im learning through self-teaching and was just wondering how have you guys become good ? Did you just continue to beat on your craft ? Im currently trying to learn to draw better at the moment
    Pretty much self-taught.
    I've learnt how to make stuff by observing great people's arts and make arts just like them. Though the results will not be the same, you will see improvements and that's what you're looking for. Keep doing that for months and you will be good at it without even realizing it.
    Good luck!

Favorite has to be Vivillion. Or Meowstic.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnakBaé View Post
    Nice, though some edges on Aggron were rough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamran11 View Post
    You probably should join before posting but whatever

Steps I took:
    1. See people make awesome things
    2. want to make awesome things
    3. go to YouTube and watch a million and a half tutorials
    4. experiment with GIMP
    5. Get CS2
    6. Watch more tutorials
    7. Practice A LOT

Basically.

So I tried a new style in making these icons. What do you think?
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

Quote Originally Posted by Azure SolarFlyte™ View Post
    Last one is pretty epic.
    Black and white overlay is similar to Avenger Angel's style. Gives off a nice chrome-y feeling.
    And as for songs...90% of all my usertitles are the names of songs, and all my inspiration comes from songs or anime. Heck, Camouflage is a song. :P

Also, I think you just need to work on text/font a little. Everything else is pretty darn good.
    Anything in particular about text I should work on? (I'm guessing font choice).
    Finally found a usable render for this badass pokemon, critiques are welcome:
        Spoiler:- Mega Aggron Banner:
    That is a very cool looking banner. I like how it's brightest in the middle and then darkest on the edges. Though I wouldn't have as much black on the edges, but that's just me.

I wonder if I can do something similar with lighting effects in Photoshop...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayminslicker View Post
        Spoiler:- Heatran Icon:

So I tried a new style in making these icons. What do you think?
    It looks alright to me. The text border looks a bit pixely however.

----------------------

Thinking about trying profile pics, though not sure where to start. x.x

I don't think we've had this question so here goes nothing...Do you have any favorite fonts?

Mine is easily this, I just love how it looks. Though the apostrophe doesn't look great.

Nice, though some edges on Aggron were rough.
    Anything in particular about text I should work on? (I'm guessing font choice).

That is a very cool looking banner. I like how it's brightest in the middle and then darkest on the edges. Though I wouldn't have as much black on the edges, but that's just me.

Hey thanks! Yeah I noticed, here is the final forme:
    (tried to smoothen the edges, but the render quality is bad.)

I wonder if I can do something similar with lighting effects in Photoshop...
    I hope this is an accurate feedback to that statement. It's easy. Use the gradient, set the shape to radial, grab black & white, and apply that to the banner.
    here is how the banner looks like in the most basic form with the radial gradient.

I don't think we've had this question so here goes nothing...Do you have any favorite fonts?

Mine is easily this, I just love how it looks. Though the apostrophe doesn't look great.
    Yeah, these two are my favorites. I use them a LOT.
    Headliner and Optimus Princeps
    Reasons: Don't ask.

How I started profile pics was just opening a 100x100 canvas and then...playing.

Favorite fonts: BIRTH OF A HERO, Moonlight Shadow, Defused, Visitor, etc etc etc. I'm not actually sure. But definitely Moonlight Shadow. I use that EVERYWHERE. Well, almost.

I once did something like that on GIMP, with a radial gradient and all that, but then I messed up the contrast.

How I started profile pics was just opening a 100x100 canvas and then...playing.

Favorite fonts: BIRTH OF A HERO, Moonlight Shadow, Defused, Visitor, etc etc etc. I'm not actually sure. But definitely Moonlight Shadow. I use that EVERYWHERE. Well, almost.

I once did something like that on GIMP, with a radial gradient and all that, but then I messed up the contrast.
    I've got 3 of those already installed...might have to look at Defused.

Aside from all the banner/icon/button/sprites/etc.

look! It took a while to make, but its an origami bird for my sisters b-day.

Oh! and to the guy who made the mega aggron banner.......BOOO YAHHHH. Aggron is badas*! nice banner
    Friend Code
    4725-8753-8888

Quote Originally Posted by orochi View Post

Hey that's fantastic.
    What kind of materials did you use? I assume you didn't use any glues for that o.o. It's great to see something different lol.

Oh! and to the guy who made the mega aggron banner.......BOOO YAHHHH. Aggron is badas*! nice banner
    IKR Mega Aggron is badass lolll. Thanks ;]

I love that bird. It brings back memories of making an origami dragon in 5th grade.

Actually, I don't think it's glued. I know someone who got an American flag made like that (well, before I totally broke it), and it's actually triangles (or some shape) on top of triangles on top of triangles...on and on. They're stuck together by the folds of each piece of paper.

Although, sadly, I have little to no patience, so I'm not going to make origami for a while. I also only remember how to make a simple dragon head. Which isn't amazing at all. :P

Hey that's fantastic.
    What kind of materials did you use? I assume you didn't use any glues for that o.o. It's great to see something different lol.

IKR Mega Aggron is badass lolll. Thanks ;]
    Its cardstock paper. I didn't have normal construction paper and I had to make it fast.

I love that bird. It brings back memories of making an origami dragon in 5th grade.

Actually, I don't think it's glued. I know someone who got an American flag made like that (well, before I totally broke it), and it's actually triangles (or some shape) on top of triangles on top of triangles...on and on. They're stuck together by the folds of each piece of paper.

Although, sadly, I have little to no patience, so I'm not going to make origami for a while. I also only remember how to make a simple dragon head. Which isn't amazing at all. :P
    You are right! Its triangles on top of triangles XD LOTS AND LOTS OF TRIANGLES! So I got
    Really pissed of because the base kept fallin apart. That's when I whipped yout my hot glue gun and glued that sucker together XD.
    Friend Code
    4725-8753-8888

Well within 2 days I did banners of all the members of Organization XIII from Kingdom Hearts. Xion's came out the best imo, so only posting her's here.

Today I went crazy looking at abstract and grunge brushes, spent around 5 hours downloading them @.@ got about 800 sets to filter through.

Well, I've been lurking about for the past week in the section with all the tuts, and I found one for DW Sprite Fusing. It seemed fun, so I tried it, and made about four or five really quickly. This one was probably the best:

It's a little large, but whatever.

And, I feel pretty accomplished because after about an hour of Youtube tutorials and trial-and-error, I made a banner on GIMP and made a background for it. I'm all happy now.

Next thing to figure out: sizing XD

Today I went crazy looking at abstract and grunge brushes, spent around 5 hours downloading them @.@ got about 800 sets to filter through.
    I'm just wondering; how do you download brushes (for GIMP, if possible). Like, where do you find them? I've heard people talking about it, and I just discovered how to download fonts, so I'm still a noob with the program. :P
    Last edited by Keldminrachi91; 27th October 2013 at 5:25 PM.

~Back from hiatus (let's see how long this will last)~

Its cardstock paper. I didn't have normal construction paper and I had to make it fast.

You are right! Its triangles on top of triangles XD LOTS AND LOTS OF TRIANGLES! So I got
    Really pissed of because the base kept fallin apart. That's when I whipped yout my hot glue gun and glued that sucker together XD.
    I wish someone did that with the flag. Then I would know not to try pulling it to see what would happen.
    In other words, people, if you pull out a single triangle you can't really fix it.
    I once did that with GIMP.
    I had a bunch of zipped folders in my downloads folder and was busy extracting and moving for a long while.
    Though I never had an interest in grunges. Got a folder full of abstractness and fireworks and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keldminrachi91 View Post
    I'm just wondering; how do you download brushes (for GIMP, if possible). Like, where do you find them? I've heard people talking about it, and I just discovered how to download fonts, so I'm still a noob with the program. :P
    It's a little pixelly. Slightly blur the edges.

Amaura (jeez x/y couldn't you have made Pokemon with easy to spell names?) has a white border. It's not cut very well.
    If you're doing it in Gimp, go Magic Wand > Select > Grow > 1 > Select > Feather > 1 > Cut. If there's still something there then repeat.
    Better if you just find an already rendered image. Gimp has a cool function that can open an image from a URL, so you don't have to save it.

Brushes: just Google them. deviantArt has a lot.

It's a little pixelly. Slightly blur the edges.

Amaura (jeez x/y couldn't you have made Pokemon with easy to spell names?) has a white border. It's not cut very well.
    If you're doing it in Gimp, go Magic Wand > Select > Grow > 1 > Select > Feather > 1 > Cut. If there's still something there then repeat.
    Better if you just find an already rendered image. Gimp has a cool function that can open an image from a URL, so you don't have to save it.

Brushes: just Google them. deviantArt has a lot.
    Alright thanks. Just one thing: now that I have the brushes, how do I get them into GIMP? I downloaded them, went into my programs and such with the GIMP brushes folder, put the individual brushes there like it said, but they won't come up in GIMP. :< The only thing is that it said put into GIMP 2.6 or 2.8 folder, not 2.0, but I didn't have either of them. Do I need to update GIMP?

~Back from hiatus (let's see how long this will last)~

Quote Originally Posted by Keldminrachi91 View Post
    Alright thanks. Just one thing: now that I have the brushes, how do I get them into GIMP? I downloaded them, went into my programs and such with the GIMP brushes folder, put the individual brushes there like it said, but they won't come up in GIMP. :< The only thing is that it said put into GIMP 2.6 or 2.8 folder, not 2.0, but I didn't have either of them. Do I need to update GIMP?
    No, you're not doing anything wrong. No updates needed.
    Extract the brushes from the zipped folder into a new folder.
    Go into the folder, and select everything.
    Move them here:
    Local Disk (C > Users > [your name] > .gimp-2.8 (or whatever version you have) > brushes.

Or at least, that's what I do. I'm not sure if there's another way. You can do this with Pshop brushes too.

Couple more banners to post now that I sorted all of my new brushes.

Going to be working on a new style of banner(Chromish). It'll look like Avenger Angel's banner.

A very belated welcome to Keldminrachi91! I'm so sorry it took so long to get you on the list; I've been in Disney World and otherwise really preoccupied by life events, but I should be a little more active now. Apologies!

A little more on topic: does anyone have any recommendations for good Photoshop brushes and/or Paint Tool SAI brush settings/textures? I've lost most of my collection of neat stuff in swapping my computer out a few years ago, and I'm finally looking to replenish them. Which ones do you guys use, particularly the banner makers who use Photoshop and people who draw with SAI?

SHINY RAINBOWS BECKON YOU TO THE ARTIST'S CORNER

Trainer Name: Misha
    3DS FC: 5112-3720-5938
    Friend Safari: Fighting; Pancham, Machoke, Hariyama

Page 89 of 107 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast