View Poll Results: Who's club banner is the best? (see below)

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eeveelover824

6 11.54%
  • colorless-winter

0 0%
  • Sworn Metalhead

23 44.23%
  • Azulart

6 11.54%
  • Callie-Rose

1 1.92%
  • extroph

15 28.85%
  • Kutie Pie

1 1.92%
Page 90 of 107 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 2651

Thread: The Artist's Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserin View Post
    A very belated welcome to Keldminrachi91! I'm so sorry it took so long to get you on the list; I've been in Disney World and otherwise really preoccupied by life events, but I should be a little more active now. Apologies!

A little more on topic: does anyone have any recommendations for good Photoshop brushes and/or Paint Tool SAI brush settings/textures? I've lost most of my collection of neat stuff in swapping my computer out a few years ago, and I'm finally looking to replenish them. Which ones do you guys use, particularly the banner makers who use Photoshop and people who draw with SAI?
    I just use DeviantArt and Brusheezy for Photoshop brushes.

Claims: Gardevoir and Lulu(FFX)

A little more on topic: does anyone have any recommendations for good Photoshop brushes and/or Paint Tool SAI brush settings/textures? I've lost most of my collection of neat stuff in swapping my computer out a few years ago, and I'm finally looking to replenish them. Which ones do you guys use, particularly the banner makers who use Photoshop and people who draw with SAI?
    I mostly use grunge and vector brushes, and some randoms. Here is some of em:

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Grunge-24328881
    http://www.deviantart.com/art/Halftone-brushes-80790955
    http://noise-less.deviantart.com/art...ushes-83975723

Quote Originally Posted by AnakBaé View Post
    Going to have to try the Cloud Smudge and Halftone brushes tomorrow. I already have those Grunge brushes lol.

I don't really like any of my current smudge brushes .-. I just end up using some sort of abstract brush for smudging currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Astral Shadow View Post
    Going to have to try the Cloud Smudge and Halftone brushes tomorrow. I already have those Grunge brushes lol.

I don't really like any of my current smudge brushes .-. I just end up using some sort of abstract brush for smudging currently.
    Hm, for smudging I just use a fuzzy brush. With GIMP there was a special default brush I used but I don't have GIMP anymore.

In all honesty this is how I get brushes:
    Go to Google and type "photoshop brushes" (replace w/ gimp or some other program if needed)
    Click on a random link
    Download the coolest looking thing on that page
    See a cool looking thing in the "related" box
    Click it
    Download it
    Click it
    Download
    Just...repeat. A lot.

Although now I rarely if ever use brushes (only for my special watermark thingamajig), and even so they are custom (and horrible) or default. Don't do much with brushwork these days, unless it's for an animated banner or something.

Avenger Angel's style looks cool and metallic/chromeish, but it requires quite a lot of brushwork.

I don't use smudge that much now, but when I do, that cloud brush is the one that I used the most lol. But it's goood, someone might like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Azure SolarFlyte™ View Post
    Go to Google and type "photoshop brushes" (replace w/ gimp or some other program if needed)
    Click on a random link
    Click it
    Download it
    Click it
    Download
    Just...repeat. A lot.
    Sadly it doesn't apply to an uber picky person like me who hates having a crap load amount of filler brushes on my list LOL. Whenever I'm out looking for a specific brush set, I always ended up with one set and that set will stay in my list forever. Here is what I do:

1. Download one set.
    2. Try it out.
    3. If its bad, delete and go back to #1.
    4. Found a good brush set, but not the best? Keep it and go back to #1.
    5. Found the best set, delete the "good" set.
    5. Found the best brush set that will always stay useful until you're tired of using it.

Hm, for smudging I just use a fuzzy brush. With GIMP there was a special default brush I used but I don't have GIMP anymore.

Click on a random link
    Click it
    Download it
    Click it
    Download
    Just...repeat. A lot.

Although now I rarely if ever use brushes (only for my special watermark thingamajig), and even so they are custom (and horrible) or default. Don't do much with brushwork these days, unless it's for an animated banner or something.

Avenger Angel's style looks cool and metallic/chromeish, but it requires quite a lot of brushwork.
    I tend to do that with smudging. Just need to remember to select those type of brushes anytime I go for smudging. I don't do much smudging in the first place though.

Yeah it's easy to go on download overload when you do that on DA @.@

I'm hoping it look like his somewhat, but who knows if I'll get close even.
    I don't use smudge that much now, but when I do, that cloud brush is the one that I used the most lol. But it's goood, someone might like it.

Sadly it doesn't apply to an uber picky person like me who hates having a crap load amount of filler brushes on my list LOL. Whenever I'm out looking for a specific brush set, I always ended up with one set and that set will stay in my list forever. Here is what I do:

1. Download one set.
    2. Try it out.
    3. If its bad, delete and go back to #1.
    4. Found a good brush set, but not the best? Keep it and go back to #1.
    5. Found the best set, delete the "good" set.
    5. Found the best brush set that will always stay useful until you're tired of using it.
    Guess I didn't care much for those brushes :L course I'm picky too about them.

Do you have any favorite fonts?
    Hmm, well I like Birth of a Hero, but I think my favorite is Moon Star:
    http://www.dafont.com/moon-star.font...ist%27s+Corner

It isn't good for every banner, but I think I like it because it's a fancy/cutesy font (lol, my inner girly teen is coming out). But seriously, I like it, as well as Moonlight Shadow. Apparently, I have some tastes in common with Azure SolarFlyte.

*Siggie under construction*

I'm hoping it look like his somewhat, but who knows if I'll get close even.
    It's not actually that hard. It's only a lot of brushwork in black and white on two layer effects, Soft Light and Overlay. On a layer of clouds. I like keeping the amount of layers of black the same as the amount of white, but I guess it doesn't matter too much.
    For Example:
    7. White on Overlay
    6. White on Overlay
    5. White on Overlay
    4. Black on Soft Light
    3. Black on Soft Light
    2. Black on Soft Light
    1. Clouds

1 being at the bottom. After that it's just adding color with Color Balance and it's done. You can use any brush you want, there's a lot of freedom with it.

all that © Avenger Angel
    Quote Originally Posted by Keldminrachi91 View Post
    fonts~!
    I have something in common with 90% of everyone, it's actually a little scary, tbh. :x

Pretty much any of these fonts (by this guy) is awesome.

It's not actually that hard. It's only a lot of brushwork in black and white on two layer effects, Soft Light and Overlay. On a layer of clouds. I like keeping the amount of layers of black the same as the amount of white, but I guess it doesn't matter too much.
    For Example:
    7. White on Overlay
    6. White on Overlay
    5. White on Overlay
    4. Black on Soft Light
    3. Black on Soft Light
    2. Black on Soft Light
    1. Clouds

1 being at the bottom. After that it's just adding color with Color Balance and it's done. You can use any brush you want, there's a lot of freedom with it.

all that © Avenger Angel

I have something in common with 90% of everyone, it's actually a little scary, tbh. :x

Pretty much any of these fonts (by this guy) is awesome.
    Yeah that's what I've noticed. Never tried it with clouds as the first layer though.

One of my better banners:

[img]http://i39.*******.com/25z1jma.png[/img]

I have officially claimed Mew.

Quote Originally Posted by AWildMew View Post
    One of my better banners:

[img]http://i39.*******.com/25z1jma.png[/img]
    Cool! I like the swirly-looking brush effect behind the Pokemon. Although the more I look at it, the more Gardevoir seems to kind of "fall behind" Scizor and the background. I don't know if it's due to the many bright colors surrounding Gardevoir, but she just seems to blend in a little bit. Other than that, I like it a lot. (Also, if you don't mind me asking, what font did you use?"

-------------------------------------

And thanks to Azure SolarFlyte, I think the cutting on this banner is much better than the Amaura one (and I think I'm finally getting the hang of the different GIMP techniques, yay!). Although there's a few gray pixels by her hair that bug me. XP

And thanks to Azure SolarFlyte, I think the cutting on this banner is much better than the Amaura one (and I think I'm finally getting the hang of the different GIMP techniques, yay!). Although there's a few gray pixels by her hair that bug me. XP

Banner is overall dark :s might look better if the text was a lighter color.

Try and take the eraser to it with brush mode on(assuming GIMP has that like Photoshop does). It's what I use to take out leftover white/background. http://prntscr.com/212cvn Eraser in Photoshop Elements.

Banner is overall dark :s might look better if the text was a lighter color.

Try and take the eraser to it with brush mode on(assuming GIMP has that like Photoshop does). It's what I use to take out leftover white/background. http://prntscr.com/212cvn Eraser in Photoshop Elements.
    Hmm, I don't think GIMP does. :/ But the banner is supposed to be kind of dark, I guess. (The game it's based off of is a sad apocalypse game, so I guess I'm all depressed an wanted to make something all grim and dark, plus the fact that I made about five really clunky banners that were really bright, so I don't know.) XD Tbh, I'm not really proud of it. The cutting is still terrible, there's annoying little green pixels in the background, and where the text at the bottom is, there's a white line after the "e" in "the". And the saddest part, is that I don't see these things on photobucket or on GIMP, so I don't realize it until it's on Serebii. XP

*see the Amaura banner* Dat imrovementttttttttttttttt........
    Yeah I think one of the few problems is the render cleanliness.
    Also, I see that you use the Dissolve mode for the brushes if I'm correct. That's fine for experimental purposes, but Dissolve usually don't make good mode to choose for most banners.
    Overall good work and Keep it up!

Hmm, I don't think GIMP does. :/ But the banner is supposed to be kind of dark, I guess. (The game it's based off of is a sad apocalypse game, so I guess I'm all depressed an wanted to make something all grim and dark, plus the fact that I made about five really clunky banners that were really bright, so I don't know.) XD Tbh, I'm not really proud of it. The cutting is still terrible, there's annoying little green pixels in the background, and where the text at the bottom is, there's a white line after the "e" in "the". And the saddest part, is that I don't see these things on photobucket or on GIMP, so I don't realize it until it's on Serebii. XP
    It's just the eraser tool. Select it, then select a brush from the toolbox on the right (or wherever you put it).

AWildMew, try duplicating Gardevoir's layer and then setting the top one on Soft Light or Overlay. It'll make it stick out more so it doesn't really fade in with the background.

Great news, I'm not dead. yet.

First in a series of fictional location-based posters. It's messy, hopelessly derivative and overall just quite unremarkable, but frankly I think the fact that I'm doing anything at all is an achievement in itself, given my recent artistic inactivity. Hopefully I'll find it in me to do the Ecruteak, Zanarkand, Skyloft and Thunderhead ones soon as well.

[IMG]http://i44.*******.com/30a51g0.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by Poetry; 1st November 2013 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    Hopefully I'll find it in me to do the Ecruteak, Zanarkand, Skyloft and Thunderhead ones soon as well.
    i hope you do.

Thanks for the recommendations, guys!

Poetry: AHHHHH so pretty!! It really does look like Cocoon, and it's simple yet beautiful. C: I have no concrit for you, but I'd love to see what else you can produce in the same style!

SHINY RAINBOWS BECKON YOU TO THE ARTIST'S CORNER

Trainer Name: Misha
    3DS FC: 5112-3720-5938
    Friend Safari: Fighting; Pancham, Machoke, Hariyama

All the people doing the photomanipulation (aka banners) makes me sorta want to start doing it again XD

sadly I will probably not ever again/shot ;-;

http://frozenconstellation.deviantar...etch-411040015

starting a new project~ I feel like most of the time the sketches have more character than the actual drawing itself ;-; maybe it's the lines, giving it expression and whatnot.

*see the Amaura banner* Dat imrovementttttttttttttttt........
    Yeah I think one of the few problems is the render cleanliness.
    Also, I see that you use the Dissolve mode for the brushes if I'm correct. That's fine for experimental purposes, but Dissolve usually don't make good mode to choose for most banners.
    Overall good work and Keep it up!
    XD, and thank you. I think my problem is that I just suck at rendering stuff, or maybe I'm going blind. XP I just don't see the little things like the bad pixels while I'm working with it on GIMP, and they are still pretty darn hard to see on the photobucket page. So I don't catch them until they're actually on Serebii, and by then it's a little late, sadly. Although I heard there's some type of "red screen" thing on GIMP where you can overview the image on a red screen, so that you can catch little things like that. Is it true, and how can you get to it if it is (if you know how, that is)?

(Why are my replies so darn long???)

It's just the eraser tool. Select it, then select a brush from the toolbox on the right (or wherever you put it).

AWildMew, try duplicating Gardevoir's layer and then setting the top one on Soft Light or Overlay. It'll make it stick out more so it doesn't really fade in with the background.
    Oh, okay.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenConstellation View Post
    All the people doing the photomanipulation (aka banners) makes me sorta want to start doing it again XD

sadly I will probably not ever again/shot ;-;

http://frozenconstellation.deviantar...etch-411040015

starting a new project~ I feel like most of the time the sketches have more character than the actual drawing itself ;-; maybe it's the lines, giving it expression and whatnot.
    Dat sketch... *sigh*
    I wish I could draw... XD
    But seriously, that's awesome.

Dat sketch... *sigh*
    I wish I could draw... XD
    But seriously, that's awesome.
    Red screen? never heard of that...
    But when cutting, open the image in a new canvas (transparent), then cut it, then make a new layer under that and fill it with black. You can see the whites more easily (probably, I don't use GIMP anymore but it sort of works for Pshop).

I wish I could draw, that's definte. But I don't have a tablet, so all of it would be done with this mouse. I can do small things ( http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...67-d6sqpwm.png l|l http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...67-d609c2d.png)
    but once it gets big I have a hard time. I did once draw a Pikachu on PShop for a club at my school though, and it was pretty well received, so I guess I'm not terrible.
    It's just...I prefer paper.

XD, and thank you. I think my problem is that I just suck at rendering stuff, or maybe I'm going blind. XP I just don't see the little things like the bad pixels while I'm working with it on GIMP, and they are still pretty darn hard to see on the photobucket page. So I don't catch them until they're actually on Serebii, and by then it's a little late, sadly. Although I heard there's some type of "red screen" thing on GIMP where you can overview the image on a red screen, so that you can catch little things like that. Is it true, and how can you get to it if it is (if you know how, that is)?
    Me too lol. Took me hours to render an image. I cut em manually with erasers -.-
    Red screen? You mean like this?

Spoiler:- WARNING BIG IMAGE:

If yes then you can get that from adjusting the channels:

Gotta love these badges. The drop shadows are a bit too intense but the designs are really nice.

http://sta.sh/0akbsaef8z0

I have been working on some new character designs, I have started on this one, it is just a rough sketch I did quickly in MS paint, but I am not really happy with it, it just really feels like she is missing something, especially on the armored design... any thoughts? ~

.: 3DS FC: 0490-5034-9209 :.
    .: DeviantART :: Graphics Thread :: Art Thread :: Art Shop :.

Poetry: AHHHHH so pretty!! It really does look like Cocoon, and it's simple yet beautiful. C: I have no concrit for you, but I'd love to see what else you can produce in the same style!
    Thanks, Kaiserin! I'm glad you like it.

I produced two more posters in a sorta similar style, but due to a range of factors neither of them match up to the Cocoon one in terms of design and quality. In fact, I'd go as far as to say these are pretty awful. Damn you, watercolours.

Spoiler:- Tower of the Gods:

Spoiler:- Ecruteak:
    Last edited by Poetry; 4th November 2013 at 9:41 AM.

i think these are a lot more interesting than random blue watercolour strokes (i am being blunt, i know. but i hope i can get you to agree with that statement).

i don't think you should fret over details like symmetry or perfectly straight lines. it's fine to show the way you draw, it might actually add a lot, if you give it a chance. if you're worried about symmetry, maybe do a pencil sketch first and make sure you have everything the way you want it before you start to paint.

also, random watercolour tips, regardless of wether you know them or not; it's better to have your brush be too wet than too dry. since you can just dap out the watercolour with toilet paper if you mess up. which isn't possible if the paint is already dry. also, wait for the paint to dry before you go over it with another colour.

for the ecruteak one. the surrounding black parts might actually help the image. for example, what happens if you cut off the image on the right on the middle of the beam? you know? that kind of voyeuristic way of looking at it might actually be interesting.

sorry if my critique is too harsh (or not harsh enough...?). not trying to insult, just trying to give good criticism. if you don't like it, i can stop.

regardless, i hope i helped and i wish you good luck. bye.

Page 90 of 107 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast