View Poll Results: Who's club banner is the best? (see below)

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eeveelover824

6 11.54%
  • colorless-winter

0 0%
  • Sworn Metalhead

23 44.23%
  • Azulart

6 11.54%
  • Callie-Rose

1 1.92%
  • extroph

15 28.85%
  • Kutie Pie

1 1.92%
Page 93 of 107 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 2651

Thread: The Artist's Corner

Here, have an Absol! lol xD

Shameless posting of my digital drawings xD
    Also did this one here as a DA adopt, I think I am getting better at drawing people :3
    http://abbysol.deviantart.com/art/Ma...tip1-414928693

.: 3DS FC: 0490-5034-9209 :.
    .: DeviantART :: Graphics Thread :: Art Thread :: Art Shop :.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Red Absol View Post
    Here, have an Absol! lol xD

Shameless posting of my digital drawings xD
    Also did this one here as a DA adopt, I think I am getting better at drawing people :3
    http://abbysol.deviantart.com/art/Ma...tip1-414928693
    Awww...that is so cute! X3 I really like how the eyes were shaded.

Oh, and only thing I would say about your adopt is that the hair is a bit off (I always hate that part) with the way the strands are. But overall, nice, I likey XP

So...I finishes a Princess Luna drawing D:<< Done on sai
    (again, outlining sucks a bit XD)
        Spoiler:- big image:

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenConstellation View Post
    So...I finishes a Princess Luna drawing D:<< Done on sai
    (again, outlining sucks a bit XD)
        Spoiler:- big image:

Oh my, that's really lovely! I really love how you did the hair and the shoes. You really made them look like they are sparkling, something I have yet to learn how to do. The background is also really nice. You could add more clouds if you wanted but i'm not sure if it would take away from Luna herself. The only technical thing I could think if is that her hind legs are a bit off. A horses legs never move out straight, there's always a slight bend and they always have a notch in the back. But then again these are candy-colored ponies and I can't draw horses worth a damn. Still really beautiful. I think it was a big success.

So yeah I haven't posted here in a few months. I blame X and Y as well as school. whoops...
    I have however been doodling. Recently my laptops battery died and I haven't had the money or time to get a new one -christmas ahoy- so I've been using my mac, that has no Sai on it. And it made me sad. I've been using Gimp for a while but I just didn't like it, at all.

Yesterday good ole tumblr introduced me to a free art program called Fire Alpaca. It's like this blend between Sai and Photoshop and it's for Mac or Windows so I downloaded it and i'm loving it to bits so far. It doesn't have any of my nifty brushes that I made in Sai, so I can't do cool cloud effects, but it works almost identical. I'm so glad I finally have a means of drawing on my Mac now. And to test out this new program I did some doodles of Sycamore in a team flare uniform -because i've been oddly obsessed with perfectworldshipping/team flare sycamore as of late. I'm a freak I know. Time to draw Lysandre and his glorious mane next.

Spoiler:- big picture incoming:

NNID: Antagonistgreen | 3DS FC: 4727-5570-4170

Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch | Deviant Art | Miiverse
    Palletshipping | Cafemochashipping | Namelessshipping

I really like FireAlpaca from what I've tried of it. I still prefer SAI for the brushes, but FireAlpaca is nice for sketching, and the interface is better IMO.

I think the only critique I can offer you, Dragoniss, is that Sycamore's face looks a little too long to me -- I would have probably nudged the space between his upper lip and nose up a little, because I think that's what's making it look so elongated. Maybe it's just the size of the picture, though. (Stupid sexy Team Flare professor.)

For FrozenConstellation, I absolutely adore the lighting on your drawing. You seem to understand how light works, and you didn't fall into the pillowshading trap, which is awesome. You also gave her tail and mane its own sort of weird, blacklight luminescent glow, which is really cool. The clouds in the background could probably stand to be defined a little better (really, just up the contrast on that layer and you'd be set), but it looks excellent!

SHINY RAINBOWS BECKON YOU TO THE ARTIST'S CORNER

Trainer Name: Misha
    3DS FC: 5112-3720-5938
    Friend Safari: Fighting; Pancham, Machoke, Hariyama

ultimate luna fan base unite!
    Ermigersh, itz luner!!!!! *slaps self*

Er, sorry 'bout the fangirling... Anywho, that looks amazing. I like how you didn't leave out the little details (NMM in the moon, her crown, sparkles), and the magic in her horn looks almost real, and her eyes are gorgeous... The only thing is that because she's flying, her back looks off (just a little), as far as angles are concerned. But I personally like how there re few clouds, because if there were too many, then the moon would be difficult to see, and I think it needs to be easily seen, so I'm glad the best pony Luna is flying with few clouds.

~*~*~

Well, I spent about the past six hours on this and I'm pretty darn proud of it, too!

Large-ish image

Spoiler:

The reason it took so long was because I had to:
    ~Try out about 100 different ideas of a "basic" idea
    ~find separate pictures of milotic & Wallace, then cut up milotic so it would look like she was wrapped around him (because there isn't a single rendered pic on Google of it, and I was too stubborn to give it up)
    ~I also had to render the milotic myself, and that took a while because I'm sill terrible at it
    ~Then when I downloaded the font for it, when I refreshed the fonts, GIMP quit working, shut don, didn't save, so I had to restart from scratch again
    ~And then photobucket didn't want to save it (but that's technically not in the process of making it)

To summarize, I went through h*ll and back to make this, but I'm glad it' done.
    Last edited by Keldminrachi91; 30th November 2013 at 10:48 AM.

~Back from hiatus (let's see how long this will last)~

@people
    Luna De Luz
    I know the perspective in this one is a little weird, but if you did this thing called a flip check (just invert the whole thing) you can pretty much see if it's right or not (yeah it's a tiny bit off)
    I also agree with the clouds thing, since I can't really do background well. As for the proportions and the notches in the back legs, because of the perspective you can't see them.

@Kelminrachi
    You really got a lot better at photo-manipulation :P I'm not really going to nitpick anything, but just a note about the quality of your images. I noticed a lot of times your resources seem to have been enlarged to the point where it starts pixelating. I would suggest you find a good, large image for bigger banners (at least 700 pixels across) so that it looks nice and clean. Other than that, a very good job ^_^

advice
    Did you mean just for this particular banner? Or some of the others (secretly stalking me, lol)? If you mean for just this one *sheepish grin* yea, I did. I had to resize Lapras & Wallace, and I had to do a little to Suicune, but I think the rest were either shortened or stayed the same. I think because I was making it specifically as a shop header, I was trying to make it big, so the images got a little wonky in the process. I'm probably wrong, (since I haven't slept in 24 hours, woo-hoo! XD) but since Wallace was the only one who I think was REALLY bad, I resized it, changed the text a little, and put it in my sig, it's not as noticeable. Like I said, I'm half asleep so I can't exactly put a lot of faith in what I'm typing now. XP But thanks, I'm glad I'm getting better at this stuff.

Also, as a question, what exactly is SAI? If it's an image manipulation program (like I think it is) that's available online, is it free (I can't get thing that aren't free, since I'm only twelve).
    Last edited by Keldminrachi91; 30th November 2013 at 2:37 PM.

~Back from hiatus (let's see how long this will last)~

Quote Originally Posted by Keldminrachi91 View Post
    whole lot of stuff
    ~experimenting is always good.
    ~persevere, sometimes you have to do some really stupid hard stuff to get what you want, but you'll feel good in the end (and this applies to shiny pokemon too I guess)
    ~In Google Images, try Search Tools > Color > Transparent.
    ~Try to save often, it happens. I really hate it. /ineversaveuntiltheendthoughbecausei'manidiot

Quote Originally Posted by Keldminrachi91 View Post

Also, as a question, what exactly is SAI? If it's an image manipulation program (like I think it is) that's available online, is it free (I can't get thing that aren't free, since I'm only twelve).
    When looking for a bigger size of an image in Google Images, when you click the image and the black box comes up, on the right there'll be a title/link, under that the source and some numbers that look like "432 x 565" (example). Click that.
    Then just find one that looks alright.

Paint Tool SAI is not for image manipulation like Photoshop, it's more of a digital drawing thing. I never touch it because a) I suck at digital drawing, and b) I'm poor and don't have a tablet and drawing with a mouse is...let's just leave it at "hard".
    It's not free, but you can get a 30 day trial for free if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Azure SolarFlyte™ View Post
    ~experimenting is always good.
    ~persevere, sometimes you have to do some really stupid hard stuff to get what you want, but you'll feel good in the end (and this applies to shiny pokemon too I guess)
    ~In Google Images, try Search Tools > Color > Transparent.
    ~Try to save often, it happens. I really hate it. /ineversaveuntiltheendthoughbecausei'manidiot

When looking for a bigger size of an image in Google Images, when you click the image and the black box comes up, on the right there'll be a title/link, under that the source and some numbers that look like "432 x 565" (example). Click that.
    Then just find one that looks alright.

Paint Tool SAI is not for image manipulation like Photoshop, it's more of a digital drawing thing. I never touch it because a) I suck at digital drawing, and b) I'm poor and don't have a tablet and drawing with a mouse is...let's just leave it at "hard".
    It's not free, but you can get a 30 day trial for free if you want.
    For the lisense in Sai it's very very cheap, it's only around a few bucks (If I recall correctly it's 3 or so)

And to solve your problem with the mouse, you make a linework layer, move it into the place you want it, and click. Perfect line, there you go.

I have started doing my visual novel project, I am in no hurry for it but I think it will be fun none the less.
    This is one of the characters, I think I am getting better a drawing people ^^;

Spoiler:- Adolph:

This is one of the characters, I think I am getting better a drawing people ^^;
    for anyone who's interested in drawing people: it's Andrew Loomis. and it's free. like. it's really good.

i'm trying to brush up on my PS skills because if all goes well with my study i'll be messing about with it a lot more next year. (fingers crossed)

but this is what i made. i think it's ok for a first try since i am rusty.

helpful tips? not so helpful tips? anything would be great.

zoroark cross with midna. Pretty cool huh XD

Friend Code
    4725-8753-8888

stars
    Not bad, good luck with the visual novel! :3
    Quote Originally Posted by orochi View Post
    :
    I can't even imagine the amount of time and effort it would take for me to make something like that. tbh I would probably die after an hour or so.
    But it looks great.

Returned to messing with Photoshop and out came...a tech ba- wait no, an animated banne- I mean a tech bann-
    Um, a mix. I have no idea what to call it.

I don't think it's much better than my previous sig though. Even though I used a buttload of brushes and did a whole lot of gif editing (there weren't very good gifs to begin with)...

talking about banners.

guys! check out this really cool new digital media contest, everyone should participate!

weeeeeeeeee

Quote Originally Posted by pupintheturd View Post
    for anyone who's interested in drawing people: it's Andrew Loomis. and it's free. like. it's really good.

i'm trying to brush up on my PS skills because if all goes well with my study i'll be messing about with it a lot more next year. (fingers crossed)

but this is what i made. i think it's ok for a first try since i am rusty.

helpful tips? not so helpful tips? anything would be great.
    Seems fine to me. Though I always like having a banner border.
    Quote Originally Posted by orochi View Post
    zoroark cross with midna. Pretty cool huh XD

Spoiler:- Image:
    o.o Damn
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure SolarFlyte™ View Post

Returned to messing with Photoshop and out came...a tech ba- wait no, an animated banne- I mean a tech bann-
    Um, a mix. I have no idea what to call it.

I don't think it's much better than my previous sig though. Even though I used a buttload of brushes and did a whole lot of gif editing (there weren't very good gifs to begin with)...
    It still looks nice.

Anyone got any blending tips or tutorials they've used about blending renders in a signature? I've noticed I can't use the same technique for every render/banner/background, and for some I just have no idea how to do it for certain signatures :L

Been redoing a lot of my sigs lately, which is why I haven't posted anything new.

Though here are some recent sprite things I have done.

Spoiler:- Sprite Things:

[IMG]http://i39.*******.com/vp7vx0.png[/IMG]
    [img]http://i40.*******.com/1zf08pg.png[/img] [img]http://i40.*******.com/2cf4l7d.png[/img] [img]http://i39.*******.com/2n7uaq.png[/img]

I decided to revamp my whole signature, and this is one of my decent banners. I made the background myself.

~ Credit to DaisyInari for the battlecut ~
    ~ I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself ~

I added another set of Chibis to my big group xD

In order from left to right they are:
    Abby (my pokemon OC)
    Marvel (my boyfriends pokemon OC)
    O (lead character in Demon Hunter)
    Luis (lead character in Demon Hunter)
    Senka (antagonist in Demon Hunter)
    Aarem (antagonist in Tenebris)
    Kaleb (lead character in Tenebris)
    Victoria (lead character in Tenebris)

aside from the first 2, all of these are characters from stories that I am working on, Demon Hunter being a Visual Novel and Tenebris being a Manga.

Sorry I have posted here in a while so I thought might as well. Some of this stuff is pretty old. Not too old but not recent.

My Pokemon OC,     Spoiler:

Here is comic I did a while back prior to the release of the games with the above OC fighting another OC of a friend of mine. So I didn't know Gardevoir could go Mega.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    .: DA | Tumblr | MAL :.

This is a badge case I made and probably the best one I made so far.

-00swms
    Last edited by 00swms; 23rd December 2013 at 5:34 AM.

**Credit to Sworn**

A sprite that I entered into the GWSC. I think it looks awesome: the challenge was to edit a sprite to look like Santa. Comments? Thanks.

EDIT:

I must've stared at the Zorark x Midna for 5 minutes. That's amazing!

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

http://voraciousamphy96.deviantart.c...-lol-420308909 <--My first drawing of a Pokemon, Deino~
    Tell me what you think,because i'd like some feedback on it xD
    Check out Dragon-Tamer club..had to remove it because sig was too big. (Mod: As was having the water club)

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[
    Need someone to train your pokemon or breed for one ? I will do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Izanagi View Post
    Sorry I have posted here in a while so I thought might as well. Some of this stuff is pretty old. Not too old but not recent.

Here is comic I did a while back prior to the release of the games with the above OC fighting another OC of a friend of mine. So I didn't know Gardevoir could go Mega.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Damn nice work! The way you portrayed the battles are really dramatic imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merciful Typhlosion View Post
    http://voraciousamphy96.deviantart.c...-lol-420308909 <--My first drawing of a Pokemon, Deino~
    Tell me what you think,because i'd like some feedback on it xD
    Not bad, but not great either.
    The head is really simple to draw, so it could easily be more well rounded.

"It's not god the people fear; people's fear is God."

Quote Originally Posted by Izanagi View Post

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Nice battle. You definitely need to show the Pokemon switching in though. Otherwise you'd be wondering where that Charizard came from. something like 'Go Charizard!' can be enough.

I think you should experiment with the camera angles. Because it might show some atmosphere. What if you show Tyrantrum in an over the shoulder shot while he bites Mawile. I think you know what I mean because you have done it the other way around (over the shoulder shots of Mawile are plenty in the story). But Tyrantrum is of course a lot larger than Mawile so you could really exxagerate that. (4 times as large actually!) Then it becomes very cool and dramatic for a small Pokemon like Mawile to take on such a Godzilla like Tyrantrum.

I think you should really abuse those dramatic shots you seem to have a good feeling for and exxagerate the props in the image even more to get truly exciting shots.

:]

I like it.

My tablet pen broke so I am >:C right now and waiting for my replacement to come in, but in the meantime, here is the WIP that ruined my pen in the first place. The lighting looks funny right now because it's going to be coming from behind, but I can't really... do anything more to emphasize that with my current predicament. :x

SHINY RAINBOWS BECKON YOU TO THE ARTIST'S CORNER

Trainer Name: Misha
    3DS FC: 5112-3720-5938
    Friend Safari: Fighting; Pancham, Machoke, Hariyama

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter of Charizard View Post
    -
    Not bad, though I think the body could have been shaded better (it's kind of flat right now, or maybe not, I'm going blind), and the background could have been transparent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merciful Typhlosion View Post
    _
    - The back of the head has a bump, Deino isn't supposed to have a bump. Try cutting off the bump by drawing an arc from where the bump starts to where it ends. Deino's head is like a circle, so if you want to start with basic shapes (pretty much the easiest way, I guess) try drawing the head as a circle, the neck as a short rectangle, and the body as a longer rectangle. They don't have to be perfect shapes (don't go out of your way to get a compass and a ruler and make the rectangles 4 inches by 8 inches - that's too much work), just enough so you can tell what they are. [or you could go hardcore and be weird like me and draw with no basic outlines or guidelines, freehanding everything because you think all that is too much work. whichever you prefer~]
    - The neck is way way way too long. It's almost the size of the body. Either move the head down or move the body up.
    - It's um...missing a leg.
    - Another issue with the legs is that one's plump, one's skinny, and one has a pointed foot. Try to keep them all the same.
    - And yet another, try placing the front right leg (the plump one) behind the belly. Draw the belly all the way to the neck, cutting off the leg. It'll make it look like the legs aren't all on one side.
    - The hair (or whatever you wanna call that thing) is a bit too rounded. I'm not saying the hair has to look like a knife, but sort of like a rounded triangle? With the roundness barely showing?
    Don't take it all offensively, or think I'm just picking out the faults. Just try some of those things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserin View Post
    =
    I hate when I'm drawing something and I run out of lead (graphite, whatever). I don't actually have my own box of lead/graphite (mom you said you'd buy some...;_; ), so all my lead that I use is from one of my classmates. But when I'm at home and I run out of lead it's basically the end of the world for me.

Page 93 of 107 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103 ... LastLast