Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cartoons that are way more popular than you think they should be

Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    Anything from the 90's whether it's a western cartoon, or an anime, receives more praise than any of them deserve.
    I disagree. Most of these shows have been forgotten and get next to no recognition. It's only the handful of them that everyone keeps bringing up. (A lot of times the whole 90s kid thing is more selective memory and/or trying to be cool than actually enjoying cartoons)

Anyway for some 90s cartoons that do belong on here, Rocket Power. It isn't terrible and is kind of a guilty pleasure, but I am utterly shocked that some people legitimately bring this up as the best of "90s cartoons."
    Last edited by Zazie; 12th October 2012 at 2:54 PM.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

When it comes to the 90's it inspired many great things that got people into what they like now. Pokemon, yu-gi-oh, DBZ, Toonami, One piece are examples of the best.

Although some shows were better left off the air like time squad, mike lu og, and power rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudnugget1 View Post
    I would have to agree that the 90s were great, but that's because I idolize Jim Cummings, one of the most versatile cartoon voice actors known to man. Most of the 21st century in general was awful, but it worsened I would say in the latter half.
    He did some of the voices in the Garbage Pail kids movie (sorry, I had to bring it up, I just watched the Nostalgia Critic's top most hated movies that he has reviewed).
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Pokemon, Sword Art Online. (anime)

also, My Little Pony.

they be overrated.

(and Pokemon is pretty bad, as well.)

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    I have another thought that I think most people will disagree with, but I don't care.

A lot of people seem to put the 90's cartoons on a pedestal, but I don't think they're that great. Sure, there was good stuff back then, but the way people talk about them, you'd think they were masterpieces on the same level of greatness as the classic Disney and Looney Tunes cartoons and, of course, vastly superior to all modern cartoons in every way possible. So, yeah. In a way, I do think 90's cartoons are kind of overrated.
    I agree 100%
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Quote Originally Posted by pupintheturd View Post
    (and Pokemon is pretty bad, as well.)
    So much this. IDK why it's popular anymore, it's such a boring cartoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    So much this. IDK why it's popular anymore, it's such a boring cartoon.
    because the games are good...?

But yeah that and don't get me wrong MLP is alright but it doesn't deserve as much popularity as it's getting.
    岩根雅明=♡

You know Pokemon is bad when a 6 minute trailer beats anything the anime has done in the last 10 years.

Adventure Time and Regular Show. What the heck?

Spoiler:- Some Things:

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    You know Pokemon is bad when a 6 minute trailer beats anything the anime has done in the last 10 years.
    More like it beats anything the anime's done ever.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Care to expand? I'm curious.

Also, that's not the worst part of Pokemon's fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    because the games are good...?
    This I can agree on. To boot, the franchise it at its peak with the latest instalments. The first two generations people need to look beyond this and see that what they have now is a great RPG.

Then there's the competitive side, the most horrid part of the fan base. They're downright cruel at times and will shut you down for one mis...oh wait, this is about cartoons.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Care to expand? I'm curious.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAInQ2nBZKg

Oh yeah. They need to drop the anime and adapt Adventures badly. Give the kids some good tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Oh yeah. They need to drop the anime and adapt Adventures badly. Give the kids some good tastes.
    If the PokeSpe! became an anime...think about the success they'd have.

Spoiler:- Some Things:

My Little Pony. I have nothing against bronies or whoever likes the show, but I just never really understood what's so good about this show. I watched a few episodes and couldn't stand it so yeah. I just don't get why it's so popular at all.

Family Guy. It was never funny. Ever.

Adventure Time. After like 3 episodes or so I've just about had it with this show. And no, I'm not watching any more if people tell me I should.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Absol View Post
    If the PokeSpe! became an anime...think about the success they'd have.
    To boot, knowing how the arcs are to an extent episodic, it would work with the wait for new seasons. That said, the Pokemon company would probably still get their hands on the dub.

As for Adventure Time, I like the show and have found it to be funny but it's not that great and I don't get the fan base behind it either. At least it isn't too annoying.

I definitely have to say Adventure Time. Whenever I ask for the time, someone always has to answer with "Adventure Time". -_-' I have found it funny many times, but I wouldn't consider it too be really funny to be that popular. I don't know, it's probably just me.

Shingeki no Kyojin | Jean Kirstein
    FF.Net
    * Tumblr

Spoiler:- Credit:

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Wolf View Post
    My Little Pony. I have nothing against bronies or whoever likes the show, but I just never really understood what's so good about this show. I watched a few episodes and couldn't stand it so yeah. I just don't get why it's so popular at all.
    As a broney I will try to explain why mlp is so popular while not trying to sound like I'm trying to convert you. Now bare with me and I promise I will not try to stuff the whole "love and tolerate" mind set into you:

You see the series is presents a very innocent and loving atmosphere that many (guys(broines) including) really like and well want to have that kind of world around them. I can not say how or when the broines exactly movement started but the moment it became known that guys could watch and enjoy a series that appeals to everyones more sensative side. This show has taught many people the many values of being a true friend to others and yet still present such a cartoony and enjoyable show that it just drew people in.

Not only that but some have claimed that the show has helped them through tough times in their lives and why they love it. This , and this pretty much explains why Its so cool.

I can't force your decesion on why its popular just trying to explain in my own p.o.v why its great. your opnion is all up to you.

Adventure time, Spongebob are overrated plus in SB case is a draining the life out of the cartoon indusrty and needs to die!

Regular Show
    Spongebob

I know this has already been said, but it immediately came to my mind upon reading the title of this thread:
    Spongebob

Also that old CN show Chowder.

Hello curious reader! You know that at some point you've wished you could battle like a trainer in the Pokémon anime. You probably dismissed the thought as a passing fantasy, but did you know the Pokémon Anime Style Battling League allows you to do just that? It's true! Read up on how to get started, and if you have any questions the Q/A thread awaits.
    Hope to see you around the PASBL!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario188 View Post
    Also that old CN show Chowder.
    OMG, yes. IDK what anyone saw in that show, it was little more than a bunch of random jokes and lame food puns.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario188 View Post
    I know this has already been said, but it immediately came to my mind upon reading the title of this thread:
    Spongebob
    Especially the newer ones.

The first thing that came to mind was the Regular Show and Adventure Time. Now, I like both those shows, but they're not the next Johnny Bravo or Mickey Mouse or something like that.

"i know how to use a sword!" - tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder and tales of the abyss

Family Guy was never really funny. My Roommate watches that show, but I can't really argue over that because we have one of those nasty Cloud DVRs. And, you know, he pays the bills.

I am loathe to admit that I used to watch it, but common sense eventually broke through. Now I can see that Seth Macfarlane is an Atheist prick who cares only for himself and his singing career. Futurama was better.

Creating sentience is simple. Accepting it, however, is harder than it looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudnugget1 View Post
    Family Guy was never really funny. My Roommate watches that show, but I can't really argue over that because we have one of those nasty Cloud DVRs. And, you know, he pays the bills.

I am loathe to admit that I used to watch it, but common sense eventually broke through. Now I can see that Seth Macfarlane is an Atheist prick who cares only for himself and his singing career. Futurama was better.
    You're not alone. Why does this crap still air? Speaking of which, along with the Simpsons, Futurama has gone downhill. That and I always loved it when they poked fun at MacFarlane's works.

Out of curiosity, why aren't cartoons like these more popular?
    Last edited by ParaChomp; 15th October 2012 at 9:24 PM. Reason: found something on YouTube that made me smile

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast