Thread: Soul Silver Team Kanto Region

Default Soul Silver Team Kanto Region

I am playing Soul Silver and wanted to know if my team is good. I also need help on my sixth Pokemon, if there is a need to get one. One thing is that I cannot change the Nature, but suggest any item for them to hold if there is a better one.

Typhlosion @ l53
    Nature: Timid
    Item: Amulet Coin
    Moves:
    Flamethrower
    Swift
    Quick Attack
    Flame Wheel

Togekiss @ l53
    Nature: Lonely
    Item: Expert Belt
    Moves:
    Aura Sphere
    Air Slash
    Extrasensory
    Wish

Gengar @ l53
    Nature: Timid
    Items: Choice Scarf
    Moves:
    Destiny Bond (Filler)
    Shadow Ball
    Thunder
    Focus Blast

Lapras @ l53
    Nature: Hardy
    Items: Leftovers
    Moves:
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Body Slam
    Safeguard

Golem @ l53
    Nature: Relaxed
    Items: Choice Band
    Moves:
    EQ
    Stone Edge
    Double-Edge
    Explosion

I have beaten Erica, Lt. Surge, Sabrina, and Janine, and am at Fuchsia City.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by azeem40; 11th October 2012 at 6:27 AM.
    In order to understand my train of thoughts,
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Togekiss replace extrasensory with thunder wave to flinch hax or body slam which will also cause paralysis (since he is lonely it should have decent attack).

Gengar replace thunder with thunder bolt and instead of destiny bond you can use energy ball. I wouldn't use choice scarf its fast as hell already. Wise glasses or life orb.

Lapras, Thunder bolt over body slam and I preffer psychic as my fourth move but if you want to use body slam or safeguard its fine.

Golem I think if you can would benefit from fire punch if you can get it, replace explosion.
    Fc: 5300-9702-8663 (in game name mike)
    Ice: spheal, Beartic and cloyster.

MM success so far,

I cannot get T-Bolt TM until I get into Cerulean Cave. How do I get Fire Punch? Is T-Wave a move tutor? Choice Scarf helps against the many speed reducers in the game. I could replace with Choice Specs or Wise Glasses though. How about Expert Belt?

What about my sixth Pokemon? I want to make the game a bit more challenging. Is making a second team fun (in the same playthrough)?
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Typhlosion should run
    -flamethrower
    -focus blast
    -thunderpunch
    -shadow claw
    Maybe have it hold expert belt?

Do you have some idea of what you want for your 6th slot? Like something powerful, or bulky, or something else?

I am not sure what I want. I was thinking of maybe Machamp?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

And I gave Typhlosion Brick Break, Sunny Day, Solarbeam, and Flamethrower.

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Leftovers > Band on Golem , for some staying power.
    sohryu is giving me a banner

I will make all the changes suggested soon enough, but some will take time like the Battle Frontier TMs. Is my last Pokemon ponder good?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

I don't see anything wrong with a machamp. Just make sure it has No Guard for its ability and you teach it dynamic punch.

And then you can use Payback / Stone Edge / DynamicPunch / Earthquake.
    sohryu is giving me a banner

swap togekiss Aura Sphere for Thunder Wave, as it is a better choice for togekiss. also, swap Typhlosion's Swift and Quick Attack for Shadow Claw and SolarBeam/Grass Knot. i'd also suggest swapping Flame Wheel for Sunny Day, as it boosts Flamethower/Eruption (either fire move you choose, they're both good, but with advantages and disadvantages) and SolarBeam, and also SolarBeam/Grass Knot cover all Typhlosions weaknesses. also, for a sixth pokemon, could i suggest maybe a good sinnoh sweeper. Lucario is a good choice. i just re-checked your Typhlosions moveset and think you made a good desicision. i also agree with Koosbane's choices, except maybe the Golem move as once you know it has expired, you may as well take the whole ship down with it as well other than that i think you've got a strong team going.
    Hey guys, please sign up to my RPG The Archetype, we need more members!

Spoiler:- text:

I am a proud member of Join the fight.
    Credit goes to Avenger Angel for making the RP's awesome banner. Thanks Bron and Neo for the awesome RP

I have T-Wave, Roost, Air Slash and Aura Sphere for Togekiss. Thanks everyone. Guess this is answered. I will just experiment with different Pokemon and start a new run.
    Last edited by azeem40; 14th October 2012 at 7:11 AM.

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.