Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Beauties Battling for Pride and Prestige! (759)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    I would say this episode was passable but not good.

Also after seeing this episode, i can think only one reason why the writers made this episode, and it was simply to make Ash dress as a girl. There is no other reason i can think of for the writers to create an episode like this. The story felt completely random.
    I get the feeling they are giving each pokemon of Ash's one last thing to do before the League. This was Snivy's turn.

I didn't mind Iris commanding Snivy, at least she asked for her. It was just a weird episode. It had some funny parts but it wasn't memorable. I'm just happy Snivy did something.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    When is Ash getting his turn?
    He did, against 8 gym leaders and Iris during the Junior Cup. Maybe you missed those episodes.

Part of me was hoping that one of these girls were Snivy's original trainer that she ditched. Oh well, Snivy retains her HBIC persona. :P

Quote Originally Posted by octopusG44 View Post
    Doesn't change the fact that the episode is lame.
    Doesn't change the fact "lame" is subjective. One person's trash is another's treasure.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Wow, lighten up people.

I thought this episode was hilarious, and a welcome break after some intense arcs. Ash and Cilan's girl mannerisms were great and I always laughed when Iris did her snooty cackle. I'm also glad that Snivy somewhat got the spotlight.
    Last edited by Shneak; 11th October 2012 at 10:39 PM.

Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

This episode was Ok with me. I like the crossdressing because it funny to see Ash emabrassed about this crossdressing thing. i love that they made Pignite and Oshawott fight agian and that answers some of my questions from before this episode. Really I thought they going to be a Snivy and Emolga rivalary thing, but I saw them laughting together after they beat Maya. i love see both Snivy and Emolga dodging those move so gracely and awesomely. I love that Iris focused Ash and Clian to crossdress and they look faboo in them. Iris was the faboo in this episode and I love the hair. It like that it can hide food in there Lols. I don't have any problems with this episode and I'll give 6 faboo Iris' hair out of 10.

Best BW episode beside the Litwick mansion story. If only Iwane'd swapped and animated this ep instead of last week's... thing.

The dialogue was so utterly refreshing that I watched without fast-forwarding here and there for the first time in ages. The usual "Yay let's go", "Yay league", "Yay battles" stuff we get to hear about every other week was quickly dealt with in the beginning of the ep, leaving lots of room for hilarious lines and antics once the story got rolling.

I can't remember the last episode that did such a good job at keeping the trio in-character while showing unusual sides of them at the same time. Okay, making 2/3 of them crossdress might have helped tremendously, but still ;P Given that Iris was the star this time, it must've been tempting to not put much effort into the rather minor roles the boys played and make their lines similar, but they made sure Ash's and Cilan's reactions to the whole ordeal had different nuances.

There isn't much to say about Cilan. As far as I'm concerned he's awesomeness personified and this episode was no different. Interesting that they made him and Pansage fail twice, and quite mercilessly at that. Crossdressing doesn't seem to bring him much luck, huh? XD Mamoru Miyano's attempt at saying "**~*~+BULLET SEED+~*~**" had me in stitches.

Iris was the ultimate beast this time and I loved every second of it. She developed a grudge, hurled herself at it and clung to it like a maniac all the way until a punishment was dished out that she deemed satisfactory. That's what I adore about her character: She's definitely a kind person, but she also doesn't let others get away with bull****. Granted, it's never been as pronounced as today, but there's a distinct "meanness" (in a good way!) about her that makes her a more convincing and realistic character. The boys are definitely tamer in that regard, so I appreciate this trait a lot.

Ash was the cutest of the three (c'mon, 3 ribbons!). I was so unhappy about the generic, ever-recurring lines he'd been getting in the vast majority of previous episodes, so seeing such a colorful palette of expressions and tones made me all the more ecstatic. He was the only one who never managed to fully adapt to the situation and spent lots of time looking uncomfortable as hell. He's usually not the sarcastic type, but his grumpy muttering definitely made for some dry humor. I was a bit puzzled why they couldn't have all three of them battle by giving the first or second battle to Ash and Snivy. That way, Iris would've still starred since she was facing the leader of the opera troupe and she would've taken revenge with the Pokémon whose honor she wanted to defend most, Emolga. It would've required a title edit, but who cares.

Still, while the Iris-Cilan-Iris setup seemed a little nonsensical, I have no objections about the way it came to be. Iris may have butted in on Ash a little when she asked to borrow Snivy, but this whole revenge plot was more about Iris than the others to begin with. Snivy was insulted by the girls too, but Ash was ready to let it go while Iris was the one who insisted on kicking their sorry butts. This was her fight and I'm happy they made Ash recognize how important it was to her by stepping aside without much hesitation. As wonderfully silly as this episode was, one cannot deny that it's a HUGE deal for Ash to be unfazed by the fact that both of his friends get to battle, one of them even twice, while he watches on the sidelines.

Finally - greatest ending ever. The boys' cover remained intact till the very end which I didn't expect, plus the hasty "Uh, we're done here so bye" exit without a single exchange of niceties is quite uncommon for this anime. Bonus points to Ash for being considerate and asking Iris if she was feeling better PLUS complimenting Cilan for his girly performance. Lulzy stuff.
    Last edited by Sushi; 11th October 2012 at 11:51 PM.

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

Pretty good filler, funny premise plus some decent battling, and it's nice to see Snivy getting a workout. My only complaint is that she could've really used a new move there.

Alright I might be biased but i completely LOVED this episode...I didn't get much of the mud-slinging (pun fully intended) but watching snivy dominate that useless rodent and its arrogant as hell trainer was enough to make this an awesome episode for me. I don't know why but I just didn't like this cincinno even though I really like cincinno as a pokemon...The only disheartening part was that pansage was used as the fall guy BOTH times...poor pansage...I mean how is a monkey less agile than a walking rose bush?! One last thing...Finally, I think this really is the last nail in the coffin in regards to pikachu's gender...he's a dude people, not a chick turned lesbian, a DUDE...also, cool seed bomb animation on lilligant...
    Last edited by XXD17; 12th October 2012 at 12:22 AM.
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Omega Ruby Team:

Yay Mijumaru got pwned!!!!! :P.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    Granted, it's never been as pronounced as today, but there's a distinct "meanness" (in a good way!) about her that makes her a more convincing and realistic character.
    I love that about her too. I especially love that this "meanness" trait being shared with Georgia is what inspires both their rivalry and gradual bonding. ^_^

Oshawott got owned son

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    I get the feeling they are giving each pokemon of Ash's one last thing to do before the League. This was Snivy's turn.

I didn't mind Iris commanding Snivy, at least she asked for her. It was just a weird episode. It had some funny parts but it wasn't memorable. I'm just happy Snivy did something.
    It was more a statement then a question.. It wasn't as if she said: Can I fight with Snivy? She basically said: I'm going to fight her! And Ash was like: 'uhh, yeah.. Suuuure.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    Best BW episode beside the Litwick mansion story. If only Iwane'd swapped and animated this ep instead of last week's... thing.

The dialogue was so utterly refreshing that I watched without fast-forwarding here and there for the first time in ages. The usual "Yay let's go", "Yay league", "Yay battles" stuff we get to hear about every other week was quickly dealt with in the beginning of the ep, leaving lots of room for hilarious lines and antics once the story got rolling.

I can't remember the last episode that did such a good job at keeping the trio in-character while showing unusual sides of them at the same time. Okay, making 2/3 of them crossdress might have helped tremendously, but still ;P Given that Iris was the star this time, it must've been tempting to not put much effort into the rather minor roles the boys played and make their lines similar, but they made sure Ash's and Cilan's reactions to the whole ordeal had different nuances.

There isn't much to say about Cilan. As far as I'm concerned he's awesomeness personified and this episode was no different. Interesting that they made him and Pansage fail twice, and quite mercilessly at that. Crossdressing doesn't seem to bring him much luck, huh? XD Mamoru Miyano's attempt at saying "**~*~+BULLET SEED+~*~**" had me in stitches.

Iris was the ultimate beast this time and I loved every second of it. She developed a grudge, hurled herself at it and clung to it like a maniac all the way until a punishment was dished out that she deemed satisfactory. That's what I adore about her character: She's definitely a kind person, but she also doesn't let others get away with bull****. Granted, it's never been as pronounced as today, but there's a distinct "meanness" (in a good way!) about her that makes her a more convincing and realistic character. The boys are definitely tamer in that regard, so I appreciate this trait a lot.

Ash was the cutest of the three (c'mon, 3 ribbons!). I was so unhappy about the generic, ever-recurring lines he'd been getting in the vast majority of previous episodes, so seeing such a colorful palette of expressions and tones made me all the more ecstatic. He was the only one who never managed to fully adapt to the situation and spent lots of time looking uncomfortable as hell. He's usually not the sarcastic type, but his grumpy muttering definitely made for some dry humor. I was a bit puzzled why they couldn't have all three of them battle by giving the first or second battle to Ash and Snivy. That way, Iris would've still starred since she was facing the leader of the opera troupe and she would've taken revenge with the Pokémon whose honor she wanted to defend most, Emolga. It would've required a title edit, but who cares.

Still, while the Iris-Cilan-Iris setup seemed a little nonsensical, I have no objections about the way it came to be. Iris may have butted in on Ash a little when she asked to borrow Snivy, but this whole revenge plot was more about Iris than the others to begin with. Snivy was insulted by the girls too, but Ash was ready to let it go while Iris was the one who insisted on kicking their sorry butts. This was her fight and I'm happy they made Ash recognize how important it was to her by stepping aside without much hesitation. As wonderfully silly as this episode was, one cannot deny that it's a HUGE deal for Ash to be unfazed by the fact that both of his friends get to battle, one of them even twice, while he watches on the sidelines.

Finally - greatest ending ever. The boys' cover remained intact till the very end which I didn't expect, plus the hasty "Uh, we're done here so bye" exit without a single exchange of niceties is quite uncommon for this anime. Bonus points to Ash for being considerate and asking Iris if she was feeling better PLUS complimenting Cilan for his girly performance. Lulzy stuff.
    Still don't agree.. I felt nothing at the end of this episode.. The nonsense in letting Iris take Ash's spot was just too much for me. Ash-Cilan-Iris would've made much more sense and I thought this really let the episode down..
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Girl Ash should of stayed longer nad had more focus. so freaking adorable! Nice episode one of my new favs

the only thing i learned from this episode is that snivy apparently is better at facing female pokemon than males, weird don't ya think?

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    It was more a statement then a question.. It wasn't as if she said: Can I fight with Snivy? She basically said: I'm going to fight her! And Ash was like: 'uhh, yeah.. Suuuure.. -.-

Still don't agree.. I felt nothing at the end of this episode.. The nonsense in letting Iris take Ash's spot was just too much for me. Ash-Cilan-Iris would've made much more sense and I thought this really let the episode down..
    But this wasn't about Ash, this was Iris' problems she had to deal with. She didn't take any spot of Ash.

I wonder why Ash nearly didn't get Pikachu to battle the snobbish group's Pokemon... Or at least, use his Unfezant (it's female anyway), things would be more interesting. :P

i'm in shock e-electric shock!

{ twitter // tumblr // shop // credit to f(x) }

Also after seeing this episode, i can think only one reason why the writers made this episode, and it was simply to make Ash dress as a girl. There is no other reason i can think of for the writers to create an episode like this. The story felt completely random.
    You've got to be kidding me. What about giving Snivy and Emolga more screentime? What about Cinccino and Lilligant getting a properly featured episode? This was definitely not pointless.

The characters of this show always dress so tacky...it's like Sailor Moon gone bad

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Moon View Post
    I wonder why Ash nearly didn't get Pikachu to battle the snobbish group's Pokemon... Or at least, use his Unfezant (it's female anyway), things would be more interesting. :P
    Snivy is female, they were going 3vs3 he wasn't going to use another pokemon just like Iris and Dent didn't either, neither did the girls...

This was supposed to be an episode to show Snivy strenght not Pikachu or Unfezant.

Unfezant just appeared in the TR special and is owning a Braviary next week.

Like Dax said, besides Palpitoad they seem to be giving every pokemon on his team a deciding moment to show their strength before the league, this was Snivy episode.

-----------

After watching the episode got to say it was a fun episode, nothing amazing but it was fun enough that I could enjoy it, like I've said before would have been nice if Snivy learned something but beating a Cincinno is still nice.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 12th October 2012 at 1:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeRhymeBeat View Post
    Ash makes a prettier girl then Iris XD
    Iris is a prettier girl then Ash, but Ash looks much better being a guy even though he still looks good even as a girl. Snivy was perfect in this episode which proves she is strong enough and ready for the Pokemon League.
    Last edited by sereb devil; 12th October 2012 at 3:00 PM.

Did Iris remind anyone else of Kanto Misty in this episode? I swear, if any episode made Iris seem very similar to Misty, it was this one.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Did Iris remind anyone else of Kanto Misty in this episode? I swear, if any episode made Iris seem very similar to Misty, it was this one.

Iris and Misty are nothing alike. They share character tropes, but are two different people.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    The only thing that is the same is that they are both tomboys in a way and get mad when people call them ugly.

Random : PokéRadar

The greatest thing in this episode was Satoshi and Dent were cross-dressing for almost the entire plot.

Their female analysis were Satomi and Denmi. Also I say it's about time we got more fun Iris episodes.

I actually expected Dento to be a bit more comfortable with the crossdress...nothing of consequence happene dthis episode..but yeah I like how they showed Snivy to be strong (against Lilligant)

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast