Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teams you made that you will never forget :)

Default Teams you made that you will never forget :)

So I was reading a thread on a certain other Pokemon forum about nostalgic moments and got to thinking about a team that I made that I will never forget: I would say it was a "huge achievement" for me in Pokemon Gold because they were all relatively rare Pokes: I had a team of Meganium, Typhlosion, Blastoise, Ho-oh, Lugia, and Mewtwo. I'll never forget it

What about y'all? What are those teams that you made that just seemed to click so well and stay in your mind? A couple of my other faves include:

the all-Pikachu team I made in Sapphire after quite some time trekking in the Safari Zone

the all-Pikachu-variations team in the same game (Pikachu, Pichu, Raichu, Plusle, Minun, Marill)

Even though it's not a full team, my Samurott, Stoutland, and Leavanny are always on my White Team and I can't bear to get rid of them. It was the first time I really trained more than one Pokemon at the same time rather than just pushing my starter to insane levels
    John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life

My mane pokeymanz in x
    facebook.com/geeksforjesus
    2ds friend code - 4613 7899 0504
    Looking for: purified shadow pokemon, pokemon in hg/ss exclusive pokeballs, y exclusive mega stones

Through out my late Blue and early Fire Red play throughs, I always used Charizard, Vaporeon, Raichu, Alakazam, Machamp and either Pidgeot or Dugtrio, which I've used so many times it's ingrained onto my memory.

The movesets were awful though.

All this and more on my tumblr!
    I can breed premier ball Johto starters.
    3DS: 1160-9852-7611
    Will-Powered Spriter

in pokémon platinum I used a full fighting type team,itsmy favorite type.wow we both picked oshawott!
    my team was Infernape, Medicham, Gallade, and Lucario. i wanted to use machop too though it requires evolution by trades. heracross--enough said. or how duranteater says it: 'nuff said. couldnt find croagunk anywhere
    Last edited by Ferrin; 12th October 2012 at 6:11 AM.

in ss my team was an all dark type....sure i lost a lot but....
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me or take a look at the information in my profile.

My original Pokemon Yellow team from my first playthrough [R.I.P. ] The team consisted of: Pikachu, Dugtrio, Dewgong, Zapdos and I don't remember the other 2. That was years ago and I remember that team till this day because of how long I used it and how it got me to my first Yellow E4 victory.

HeartGold: Meganium- Megan, Crobat-Nightning, Ampharos-Lucia, Forretress-Boom Bug (My best one), Mamoswine-Blizzard and Dragonite-HaxDragon.

Black 1: Emboar-Ganonpork, Krookodile-Krok N' Roll, Ferrothorn-Barbara (yep soloing to the 6th gym. ), Eelektross-Eelektion, Jellicent-St. Elmo and Hydreigon-Dark Ones.
    Yeah..... I changed my signature....

In Silver, I had a team of Feraligatr/Lugia/Ho-Oh that I beat Red with. Not too good considering how good I was.

God....I dunno.

In my Firered and Emerald games, I just caught whatever. I matured by the time Pearl came out. In Sinnoh games, I always like to have a Bibarel and Luxray on my team. In White, I like to have a Stoutland and a Krookodile every time. In Heartgold, I....can't remember. I think I just caught different Pokemon on each playthrough.

I really liked my first SS team:
    Meganium
    Noctowl ( Replaced by Lugia)
    Ampharos
    Heracross
    Feraligatr
    Houndoom
    1st X run:

Oh gosh xD The first game I ever bought was Sapphire, and my team was gimpy, to say the least. I always remember it though because I played that game for over 200 hours!

I had a Blaziken, Swellow, Delcatty (The one you trade!) and Metagross (the one you evolve from Steven). Somehow they got Pokerus and worked out a lot better than they should have. Small and simple, but always got the job done

My Rain team I made on Ruby and then transfered to Colosseum. It was an in-game team and Kyogre (transferred from my sister's Sapphire) was so godly in doubles. That's why I love doubles now xD Anyway, that team was transferred to Diamond, then to Platinum and now it's in Black. Always with me ^^

My competitive double sun team in Platinum was good too. Ihope my current teams can achieve the "legend" status too, but that Rain team is just my "one".

Spoiler:- Friend Code and Safari Info:

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W47 L20

*Credit to Astral Shadow from The Under for the userbar*

Well my fondest memories come from Yellow and Crystal. I liked the fact that you could catch Jigglypuff just up from the first route on crystal (possibly gold or silver, hazy). That made my team all the way through the game. I also remember being amazed when fisheman Ralph rang to say that there was an outbreak of Qwilfish. At the time I didnt even know what a Qwilfish looked like so I was really excited to get one. Anyway, my team for that game was:

Typhlosion
    Wigglytuff
    Qwilfish
    Golem (traded with my best friend for my Victreebel)
    Pidgeot
    Ampharos

Somehow managed to beat the game with this team, good times.

(On phone)

'I just wanted to say im not a window cleaner! No, Noooo, I work in IT! Yeah, yeah with computers and all that. Mac's? No, I really just work with Windows.'

I tend to not forget my monotype teams, since they are quite unique. But besides them, four Pokémon of my Black team are unforgettable:

Haxorus
    Bisharp
    Volcarona
    Lilligant

These aren't even favorites of mine, but I really like this team.

My HeartGold team of Typhlosion, Ariados, Hypno, Gyarados, Alakazam, and Noctowl

I usually get really attached to my teams, so most of them are memorable... But I'll name two I really liked:
    • Emerald: Sceptile, Pelipper, Gardevoir, Flygon, Cradily, Milotic
    • SoulSilver: Feraligatr, Ampharos, Heracross, Mismagius, Skarmory, Houndoom

I love those two teams!
        Spoiler:- Signature: 3DS FC & in-game character:

My very first Diamond team.

Empoleon
    Roselia
    Onix
    Uxie
    Drifblim
    Manaphy?

My first HeartGold team:

- Meganium
    - Magcargo
    - Mantine
    - Weavile
    - Pidgeot
    - Furret

Mercy
    Without understanding, it is merely an excuse
    for the weak to escape Judgement

Red: Charizard, Butterfree, Snorlax, Jynx, Haunter(couldn't evolve it..), Jolteon was the very first team I used. Of course pokemon in all of my teams were eventually replaced by Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres, and Mewtwo so once I got to the Elite Four, my team consisted of Charizard, Snorlax, Jolteon, Zapdoes, Articuno, and Moltres. Eventually Haunter was repaced by Mewtwo. My favorite team and the one I was most proud of however consisted of Blastoise, Dragonite, Tauros, Chansey, Scyther, and Kangaskhan. I spent a really long time in the Safari Zone...

The more recent games are kind of a no-brainer since the teams are still fresh in my mind.
    Last edited by Poliwhirl'sMittens; 13th October 2012 at 9:59 AM.

My Platinum team was by far the best so far.

Leafeon was probably the worst of the team, but with that massive defence and decent all round stats, it made for a good team player. it was also my first Grass type, proving they can be useful.

Luxray was 2nd worst. Still, Intimidate meant it had great physical bulk and was a great member early on.

Staraptor was next and just shows how good the team was. I'm sure anyone who raises one of these will tell you it is fantastic. High attack and speed, a great levelup movepool, Intimidate and very powerful moves. Brave Bird, Close Combat , Return/Double Edge is all you need. It also had brlliant synergy with Luxray and was my best Flying type ever.

Gastrodon was the glue that held the team together thanks to it's fantastic bulk. It was also bred, but crucially it was Modest and 31 in HP and Spatk IVs and was my first egg. Not to mention that Yawn meant it could handle any pokemon and was a massive help when catching Giratina.

Garchomp is tied for first. Though it evolved late, it was practically invincible. After teaching it Earthquake and learning Dragon Claw, that was it for the rest of the game. It was crucial in winning the final battle against Cynthia, as it was the only thing that could survive an attack from Milotic and give me a chance to attack.

Infernape. Jesus Navas this guy was amazing. No opponent would dare to stand the incredible might of the Garchomp/Infernape duo. Along with Gastrodon they formed an impenetrable 3-man strike team, covering almost every pokemon in the game.

Most importantly is that in HGSS, I lost to Whitney. In BW I lost to Elesa.
    With this team, I never lost a battle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

My monotype electric in-game team in FireRed, 25% grinding, 15% achievement, and 60% pain.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChedWick View Post
    I'm not a racist; I get called a racist but I consider myself an equal opportunity hater.

I remember when I was younger, my team in Pokemon Stadium and Stadium 2 would be:

-Starmie
    -Jolteon
    -Flareon
    -Articuno
    -Zapdos
    -Moltres

6 Jigglypuffs. Too embarrassing to ever forget.

And another one was:
    Arcanine
    Houndoom
    Suicune
    Torterra
    Lucario
    Nidoking

That was my HG team. I really liked it and it was probably my best team ever, but I lost it when I started over. Oh well.

My most unforgettable team is my emerald team. My blaziken and my friend's dodrio (nicknamed "diglett") kicked butt in double battles, while my Azumarill (named Mar, rose him up from level 4) saved my hide in the elite 4 champion battle. mew is just awesome for any team, and Slaking's *cough*useless*cough* but a tank. the 6th one was a Wailord i named Spout, and that is 1 team i'm never gonna forget.

in W2, last night my team officially became unforgettable. Magnemite, Tepig, Munna, Mareep, Psyduck, and Drifloon helped me catch my first ever SHINY pokemon (level 10 Patrat, caught him in a great ball, replaced Munna with him).

All my other teams had no lasting impact and/or are too weak/unbalanced to mention.
    Emerald Team
    Gold Team (Thanks to memory blackout)
    Heartgold team
    White 2 team (<-- SHINY!)

More teams to come soon!

The only team I have made that's worth mentioning is my White 2 team.
    -Samurott
    -Arcanine
    -Umbreon
    -Flygon
    -Galvantula
    -Sawsbuck
    I've had a great time playing through the game with this team and it made me realize how awesome some of these pokemon are.

I've always used a Miltoic and Gardevoir. And my Volcarona never leaves my side. It's great for hatching eggs, and it's a great Poke overall. I use those 3 for Single battles.

a very important video - tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder and tales of the abyss

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast