Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Robotic;Notes Discussion

Default Robotic;Notes Discussion

Hard to choose between this and Psycho-Pass, because both probably deserve a thread

I have mixed feelings about this first episode. Maybe it's because I didn't expect what I saw, or maybe it's because the MC did nothing, that made it seem more boring than it actually was. Akiho was interesting, but she doesn't really stand out like Okabe did in Steins;Gate.

Anyway, still looking forward to the next episode and hope it picks up.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

I think this got off to a really good start. It's more Chihayafuru than Steins;Gate but hey, the world would be a better place if more anime were like Chihayafuru.

The World Line number at the start was a nice touch for returning S;G fans, though.
    Done here.

Gonna start off by saying: People, don't expect another Steins;Gate. From what I've heard, if you do, you're just going to be disappointed.

That said I liked the first episode. Definitely sticking with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by themightydoof View Post
    The World Line number at the start was a nice touch for returning S;G fans, though.
    Yeah, I flipped out a little my **** when I saw that.

You would never know this series takes place in the same world as Steins;Gate based off the character designs.

Aki looks like a taller version of Popura from Wotking!! Just with shorter hair, and she seems pretty awesome so far.

Also, I wish I had the app on my iPhone and iPad, then there would be nekomimi maids errywhere.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    Aki looks like a taller version of Popura from Wotking!! Just with shorter hair, and she seems pretty awesome so far.
    I said the same thing in the other thread.

Also, I wish I had the app on my iPhone and iPad, then there would be nekomimi maids errywhere.
    "Oh, this thing's really good."

I wish I had one too.

I'm interested in seeing how Aki ropes the other 3 into joining her club, because we all know they ain't joining wilfully.
    My Anime List

Nice to see that Redhair Guyface is actually capable of taking action of his own volition.
    Done here.

Aki's definitely giving the other girls a run for their money this season, easily my favourite character in Robotic;Notes so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Aki's definitely giving the other girls a run for their money this season, easily my favourite character in Robotic;Notes so far.
    Something is wrong here, we generally have similar opinions of shows, but almost never the characters in those shows.
    My Anime List

To be fair, there's not a lot of competition yet since Kai's a bit of a jerk and no-one else is very prominent.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon White 2, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

"Finishers only work if you scream" Aki obviously wrote the script for every shounen battle anime ever.

As expected Subaru got black mailed into joining the club, though I imagined it would have been Aki doing the black mailing.
    My Anime List

That blackmail bit was a moment of greatness.

You know what the fight REALLY reminded me of? Katanagatari. Just in the set up with Aki kind of acting as the strategian who doesn't actually plan much like Togame and Kai being an expert fighter like Shichika. He even had a blunt Shichika moment when he pointed out Subaru's identity before the fight.

That blackmail bit was a moment of greatness.
    Agreed.

As far as the series goes, so far, each episode has improved over the previous one. It's no Steins;Gate, but mystery is being set up and I'm quite content with what we're getting as I'm becoming more fond of Kai. And I'm eager to know what is wrong with Aki and Kai and what happened to them in the past.
    Last edited by Janovy; 26th October 2012 at 4:02 PM.

Blackmail: the solution to all of life's problems! Also, they're going to JAXA!
    Done here.

Blackmail: the solution to all of life's problems! Also, they're going to JAXA!
    Too bad Mutta is in America.
    My Anime List

If they did SOME kind of Space Bros. crossover it would be a miracle. Like even just Mutta in the background turned around so you can't see his face or something. Or that one JAXA guy with the funny voice.

Man, I didn't like the opening much at first, but now that I've heard it a couple of more times, I love the song. o.o

If they did SOME kind of Space Bros. crossover it would be a miracle. Like even just Mutta in the background turned around so you can't see his face or something. Or that one JAXA guy with the funny voice.
    They should have kid Hibito and Mutta running around.
    My Anime List

Frau seems cool, though I can't help but wonder if those subs were legit, I mean "Make a thread about it" and "time to fap" just don't seem legit.
    My Anime List

Frau seems cool, though I can't help but wonder if those subs were legit, I mean "Make a thread about it" and "time to fap" just don't seem legit.
    I was thinking the exact same thing.

I think it's likely that she was spouting some untranslatable Japanese internet-gibberish so the subbers did their best to recreate what she was saying in an understandable way for English-speaking viewers. It's not like there isn't a precedent for internet-gibberish in the Semicolon franchise.

Anyway, it's been brought to my attention that September 11th 2010 (the day the mass fainting thing happened) is in real life the day that an advanced Japanese communications satellite was launched into space. Given the precedent for using real life tech stuff in Steins;Gate and the fact that JAXA has already been introduced in the show, it isn't impossible that this is somehow relevant.
    Done here.

I think it's likely that she was spouting some untranslatable Japanese internet-gibberish so the subbers did their best to recreate what she was saying in an understandable way for English-speaking viewers. It's not like there isn't a precedent for internet-gibberish in the Semicolon franchise.
    You're probably right, and if that's the case I'm willing to bet it's 2chan related.

Spoiler:- And who could ever forget this?:
    My Anime List

Anyway, it's been brought to my attention that September 11th 2010 (the day the mass fainting thing happened) is in real life the day that an advanced Japanese communications satellite was launched into space. Given the precedent for using real life tech stuff in Steins;Gate and the fact that JAXA has already been introduced in the show, it isn't impossible that this is somehow relevant.
    ****in' interesting!

Spoiler:- And who could ever forget this?:
    Which is STILL somehow better than Steins;Gates dub from what I've seen.

Which is STILL somehow better than Steins;Gates dub from what I've seen.
    This is not surprising to me in the least.
    My Anime List

Looks like **** is going to start getting serious soon, and it looks like we're going to get a lot of cliff hanger episodes just like Steins;Gate.

Also, I'm liking the OP more and more every time I here it.
    My Anime List

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast