Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you deal with people that make fun of you for play PKMN?

Default How do you deal with people that make fun of you for play PKMN?

I get lots of flack from friends and such. Most are the "The only good ones were R/B/Y, wasn't 150 enough?" or "Pokemon is just for kids, are you a kid?" etc.

Just yesterday when I went with a friend to pick Black 2 up once I picked it out he started laughing saying "You're into kiddie games? Do you really like games for kids?". He went on for about 5 minutes.

How do you deal with it?

Shrug and ignore.
    Under Construction

I only know one man with enough pure concentrated testosterone to challenge the egometer of my tenacity, and he is kind enough to be a seasonal hazard. He happens to "Live" cross county, and visits sporadically to suck up my only visible sustenance for socialization in reality. He displays the typical "LAUGHOUTLOUD I'M TOO OLD" Jive, but is polite enough to ignore me as much as I ignore him daily. I loathe him with every fiber of my being, but thankfully have the leisure of ignoring him freely, as he does not actually live with me.

So how do I deal with it? I go here.

Creating sentience is simple. Accepting it, however, is harder than it looks.

Ignore and mind my own business. Or just laugh at them. Not like it happens that often anyway.

I saw "naw, the videogames are still good" and laugh it off. I can't remember the last time it happened though. Even if they think that of me, at least they won't say it to my face XD

Spoiler:- Credits:

I just laugh at them for thinking that taunting me will make the slightest bit of difference.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

I beat them senselessly with a bat I'm serious (-_-)

People say it now, but they fail to realize that Pokemon is the second biggest game in the world. They can say what they want.

I say its better than COD

I ignore them. Most of them like CoD and Black Ops, so it's not like their video game taste is "better" than mine.

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

Shrug and ignore, pretty much. Beats first person shooters by a long shot.

*CoughIRipTheirBodyApartUsingOnlyATeaSpoonCough*

I either smile and ask if they play mindless shooting games like CoD, which normally shuts them up.

Or enter into a friendly but firmly discussion that you should not judged people on what they like, but on what the person themselves is like.
    Remember, don't worry about the choices that you make now. Because you will 100% regret anything your younger self did/said whatever it was when you grow up some. So go on, aim for your dreams and enjoy the present~

Play Pokemon privately and don't advertise it. If all of your friends feel that way, why would you plan to pick up Black 2 when you're with one of them?

Oddly, I play Pokemon openly in school and am usually never bothered. When I am, I just point out that Pokemon is the best-selling JRPG ever, and that to dismiss its existence because of its atmosphere is pure ignorance.

I'm not usually bothered. The girls think Pokemon are cute, and the guys can f*ck off. It *is* the worlds's second most popular video game franchise, and has made more than COD or any other first person shooter could dream of making.
    ~Author's Profile ||~|| <Fly High Graphics> ~
    ~rTTL: Chapter 3: 31% ||~|~|~|| rAVT : Chapter 2: 0%~

I am not bothered either, but if someone taunts me I say" Rated E for Everyone, why can't you read !

I usually just change the subject. if they really taunted me i would be like, "I have my hobbies, you have yours. i don't judge yours, so why should you judge mine?"

Quote Originally Posted by Shayminlover123 View Post
    I say its better than COD
    It is better than COD. It reminds me of that Scumbag Steve Picture: "All Pokemon games are the same!" Buys every single COD game. Sure I haven't been made fun of it, and I know some friends with the same interest, but people are too busy playing those stupid war games where every 5 minutes there's this random 5-year old, and it's like the only Pokemon they know is Pikachu! And, COD gets repetitive. "Oh, we have to win this war! Quick! Kill these zombies that show up for no apparent reason whatsoever!" Eventually, they'll have to make up wars because they have no wars to base the game out of. I can see it now:"Call of Duty: Cold War Edition" (Google if you don't get it)! Gamefreak can create new Pokemon. They can create new regions and gyms. But you have to start a war to make a game based on a war. And nobody wants a Holocaust repeat. Plain and simple.

I agree with you, YokoKurama. Pokemon is the 2nd biggest franchise. If people want to say it's for babies, that's fine. But, again, would you rather have a game that's calm, and sort of teaches about friendship and has a fun, kid-friendly aspect, or do you want to play a game that makes you want to strangle the 5-year old that's crying over a game that he probably shouldn't be playing. It's their choice.

What's Under YOUR Bed?

FC: 2466-2305-3359
    IGN: Jayrad

Call of Duty isn't just the same in terms of concept, it's the same in terms of mechanics. Every last game of late has been using the exact same engine, with all the same bugs, glitches and problems. Why? Because the company doesn't care. It's the same thing with John Madden Football and Guitar/DJ hero. Same engine, different rosters/maps/songs. It's all just an intensive ploy to exploit the masses for profit.

I only know this because my best friend used to be into that kind of thing. As I said before, only one man has enough will to challenge the idea that I play Pokemon, and he is my best friend's family friend. Who plays COD.

Like I said, I go here. It's the best form of ignorance = bliss.
    Last edited by Spudnugget1; 14th October 2012 at 4:22 AM. Reason: Needs more relevance.

Creating sentience is simple. Accepting it, however, is harder than it looks.

I chase them down and kill them. XD JK. The truth is that you aren't supposed to care what others think of you if it's bad.

I hate people that are obcessed with COD and hate pokemon. Xbox steals young gamers from the wonders of nintendo. COD is a fish btw XD....

What is the first btw? Imo Pokemon should be.

Oh, it's mario.... : /

Well, at least we know Nintendo is the best COMPANY.
    Last edited by Pokemon Robot; 16th October 2012 at 6:46 AM.
    You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become a villain. -Harvey Dent
    Look closely, because the closer you think you are, the easier it is to fool you. -Thaddeus Bradley
    You can take away my toys, gadgets, and even my armor. But there is one thing you can't take away from me: Who I am. -Tony Stark
    I may not remember who I am, but there is one thing I remember. I don't take orders. -Letty Ortiz

"Hmph."

---------------

this makes me laugh cuz they don't even know what they r talking about
    it's not like they know what is the real pokemon
    I am Red. I conquered the Pokemon World more times that you have ever battled. I stand upon the top of the world from Mt. Silver. Indeed, I am the Living Legend as well as The Undefeated Battler. Millions have groveled under my Smash Pass. I am the Revolutionary Smashpasser! Now, bow down before your master! Do you have what it takes to have me as your Leader?
    (12:48:55) ±Porygon: Your rank in Wifi Ubers is 1/36151 [1789 points / 1695 battles]!
    WON THE 2011 POKEMON WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP.

this makes me laugh cuz they don't even know what they r talking about
    it's not like they know what is the real pokemon
    I am Red. I conquered the Pokemon World more times that you have ever battled. I stand upon the top of the world from Mt. Silver. Indeed, I am the Living Legend as well as The Undefeated Battler. Millions have groveled under my Smash Pass. I am the Revolutionary Smashpasser! Now, bow down before your master! Do you have what it takes to have me as your Leader?
    (12:48:55) ±Porygon: Your rank in Wifi Ubers is 1/36151 [1789 points / 1695 battles]!
    WON THE 2011 POKEMON WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP.

I make fun of the games they play

Well... No one makes fun of what I do or what I don't do on my life.

I just don't care. I can think of at least 5 people my around my age that still play the new games, so either we're all really strange or we just don't care and do what we like. One girl told me I was too old to play. I asked if she was too old to watch the Little Mermaid. She stopped bothering me after that. You just gotta be yourself. If you like to play Pokémon, then play it.
    Yellow Team

Current Pokémon Y Team Members
    Greninja, Venusaur, Blaziken, Raichu, Tyrantrum, Mr. Mime

Pokémon X Planned Team Members
    Chesnaught, Charizard, Vespiquen, Jynx, Jolteon, Lucario

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast