Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you deal with people that make fun of you for play PKMN?

If it's some random person I ignore them. If it's one of my friends I laugh at them for playing their shallow shooters :P

I just laugh at them, ignore them, or tell them how much they're missing out on a great game! XD

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

I've never been bullied from it, just teased by my friends. Since all my friends tend to be pretty sarcastic towards each other, I honestly laugh when I'm teased. If someone was legitimately making fun of me I doubt I'd even listen to them. I tend to block out negative people which I suppose is kind of wrong, but it keeps animosity away.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

I show them Chandelure's Pokédex entry. Other than that, I really don't mind.

Pokémon Quiz Bowl. It's a thing.

Every time you have a bad day, just go to Advanced Search, enter "Him in the Court" in the User Name box, and voila.
    I claim Vanillite because it is best Pokémon.

PEOPLE OF EARTH -- WE ARE YOUR ZILTOIDIAN OVERLORDS.
    RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Quote Originally Posted by WaterTrainer121 View Post
    You win life. But really, this post actually made me LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by frogofdoom555 View Post
    It is better than COD. It reminds me of that Scumbag Steve Picture: "All Pokemon games are the same!" Buys every single COD game. Sure I haven't been made fun of it, and I know some friends with the same interest, but people are too busy playing those stupid war games where every 5 minutes there's this random 5-year old, and it's like the only Pokemon they know is Pikachu! And, COD gets repetitive. "Oh, we have to win this war! Quick! Kill these zombies that show up for no apparent reason whatsoever!" Eventually, they'll have to make up wars because they have no wars to base the game out of. I can see it now:"Call of Duty: Cold War Edition" (Google if you don't get it)! Gamefreak can create new Pokemon. They can create new regions and gyms. But you have to start a war to make a game based on a war. And nobody wants a Holocaust repeat. Plain and simple.

I agree with you, YokoKurama. Pokemon is the 2nd biggest franchise. If people want to say it's for babies, that's fine. But, again, would you rather have a game that's calm, and sort of teaches about friendship and has a fun, kid-friendly aspect, or do you want to play a game that makes you want to strangle the 5-year old that's crying over a game that he probably shouldn't be playing. It's their choice.
    I agree with you fully on that statement
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

I haven't had to deal with it, as I keep to myself. I only talk about pokemon around those who either don't care if I like it, or play it themselves. I guess you could say I play it in secrecy if you want. I would probably say who cares about your opinion, so piss off.

I'm really bothered by the intolerant gamers of today's generation. People can play what they want to, no matter what you say.
    Nothing interesting here. Carry on.
    Author's Profile

Luckily, all of my friends like Pokémon, but we do get teased occasionally. When we do, I just say that if they knew Pokémon well enough, they would like it too. And then I tell my friends that it's either that, or they all secretly like it too but just don't want to admit they like it when us girls do too.

~ Pokémon White Team ~ | ~ | ~ Pokémon White 2 Team ~ | ~ | ~ Pokémon Y Team ~
    . . ~ | ~ ~ | ~
    Friend Code: 2365 5104 6047 ~ | ~ Friend Code: 2624 0490 4722 ~ | ~ Friend Code: 1993 7426 4118
    - I have claimed the awesome Helioptile -

If someone says "Ha ha! You play Pokemon!" I reply with "So?"

Well I don't know what I'll do, it depends on what they say. I guess I'd mostly ignore them.

"I'm not rubbing it in your face and I can understand your opinion so are we on fair terms now?."
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

If they're just joking around, I point out something stupid that they seem to enjoy and razz them about it for a bit. Then we both laugh and go about our lives as normal.

Or, if they're seriously questioning my enjoyment of the game:

I start explaining the game mechanics to them.

That shuts them up in one heck of a hurry. AND ensures that they'll never open the subject again.

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by zozo View Post
    I start explaining the game mechanics to them.

That shuts them up in one heck of a hurry. AND ensures that they'll never open the subject again.
    That's what I did when I was in high school

Now that I'm uni it's quite funny as there's quite a lot of us that play the games.

because im a girl im picked on about it all the time and then i say its the 2nd biggest game franchise and i dont pick on you for what you like so why do it too me? so tshut the F*** up stick a straw in your little juicebox and suck it. then i feel better

banner made by Lucina Archealis (I don't think I spelt that right OTL)
    ^U^ I LOVE Crona from soul eater!
    owner of the silver fan club
    VM me and such if you wanna play some SSBB! im always up for a challange!

Quote Originally Posted by WaterTrainer121 View Post
    Or Gorebyss (shudder).
    Four Shinies now! Zara (Audino, female) (10/24/12), Kiki (Ledian, female) (10/16/13), Ivy (Carnivine, female) (10/31/13), Hoshi (Relicanth, male) (11/16/13)
    Friend Safari: Rock (Dwebble, Onix, and Shuckle)
    3DS FC: 2380-2837-4651 Name: Hy6507
    I have officially claimed Chespin!
    Current hunt: Chespin (MM) 200 eggs!

Yes, my mom's friend's daughter...

My xat avvie (c) me
    {~Friend Safari : GHOST : Pumpkaboo | Golurk | Lampent~}
    {~Fire Type Cloob~}{~TEF~}
    {~Total self-caught shinies: 82~} {~Most recent shiny : 2nd Shiny Treecko(MM)~}

3DS FC : 4012-3813-9306 IGN Emii(Y version)

Somebody will ask me "Are you seriously playing Pokemon?"
    I reply "yes"
    They go away.
    Problem solved. !HOORAY!

Magikarp used splash! It's a one-hit KO!

I kinda made it obvious I play Pokemon at my High School. We had homecoming in the end of September and we had a costume day. So me and some friends dressed up as Pokemon trainers.
    THIS IS FOR MY NINTENDO 3DS HANDHELD SYSTEM 2664-2984-6619
    THIS IS FOR MY POKEMON WHITE VIDEO GAME Mike-0218-6703-3716

There's so much more to these games than playing the newest COD/COD clone for hours, so really there's no reason for any of us not to be playing Pokemon and being proud of it.
    Game: Soul Silver
    Name: Agent X
    FC: 3955-1298-0022

Fire Red Team (0 badges):

Emerald Team (3 badges):

Soul Silver Team (16 badges):

I punch them in the face, declare myself the winner of the battle and steal all their money.

Just like Pokemon taught me!

I am only sad I don't have a giant moth with which to set their house ablaze

I haven't been made fun of in years (the college I go to is full of nerds anyway), but in high school, the few times someone did bring it up to make fun of it, I just ignored them, and I continued to openly play/draw Pokémon.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

I don't do anything. I'm like Pikachu. I won't let anyone change me

I will find you in real life and fall in love with you all over again.

I don't think I've ever actually been made fun of for liking Pokemon other than.. Maybe one time? Other than that, I don't EVER remember having it happen. (And hey, every single one of my friends, online or real life, all love Pokemon too. XD)

The one time it did happen, though, was at a park a couple years back, after the Unschooling conference I go to each year (Yes, I am unschooled. Shush. XP), me and my best friends were just walking along in the park, talking, well.. Pokemon, like we always do. (I'm not even kidding, we call ourselves the Four Poketeers sometimes. Yes, we're that silly. >.>) And these guys yell at us from a few feet away: "Charizard sucks! LOLOLOLOL"

And you know our response?

"It sure does! :D"

Just to screw with 'em. Don't get me wrong, Charizard is kinda cool, and it will always be my favourite Kanto starter, buuuut me and my best friends kinda have this hatred for the rabid Charizard fanboys, and will freely state that in all honesty? Charizard is hardly the best Pokemon around. XD
    I hate my username. Curse the fact that I made this account THREE YEARS AGO. Please.. Just call me Senna. Or Ghosty. Either one.

Black Team: (Braviary is Shiny, by the way~)

Soulsilver Team:

I sometimes use "uber" Pokémon. I sometimes calculate stat values. I never use cheating devices. I sometimes try to breed my way to perfection (and maybe fail), and I care about natures to an extent. But I like my Pokémon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
    (Adapted from Tyranitar's philosophy. Started by LadyMiir)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12