Thread: Pokemon Black 2 Team of Evil.

Default Pokemon Black 2 Team of Evil.

When I got Black2 I decided that I would choose Pokemon that I have never used before. Normally when I create a team I use the pattern: Grass/Fire/Water/Electric/Flying/Random and I slowly started piecing together what I wanted in my team. My starter would be Serperior, I would make use of the under leveled Mandibuzz, and the version exclusive Magmortar. I loved the look of these pokemon together and decided to deviate from my normal set up. I still needed a Surfer but none of the water Pokemon really fit besides Floatzel and I had already used one. Then I noticed Beartic could surf and I added that. I've always loved Aggron but have never used one and he fit so I added him. The last one was a hard choice between Zoroark and Krookodile. Both are good, this is one thing I'd like to be advised upon. I have Zoroark in my main team but I've listed a move pool for a Krookodile. If you want to suggest other Pokemon to take this 6 slot I'm open to it as long as it fits my theme. I KNOW my team is weak to Rock and a little bit to Fighting so if you want to help with that it would be great.

Keep in mind this is up to the elite four. No egg moves, no TMs that are unobtainable up to that point.

Serperior (Jalorda)
    Ability: Overgrow
    ~Giga Drain (Level 44)
    ~Dragon Pulse (10 Blue Shards)
    ~Aqua Tail (8 Blue Shards)
    ~Aerial Ace/Leech Seed/Return (TM40/Level 20/TM27)
    Serperior is going to be my main defense against Rock types with both Aqua Tail and Giga Drain. Normally for the last move I would use Return or Leech Seed but I'm thinking Arial Ace to cover the Fighting Type weakness in my team.

Magmortar (Booburn)
    Ability: Flame Body
    ~Flamethrower/Fire Blast (Level 49/Level 55)
    ~Thunderbolt (TM24)
    ~Psychic (TM29)
    ~Confuse Ray (Level 26)
    Magmortar has a pretty balanced move set. The first move is basically on what do I want to gamble power vs accuracy wise. I'll probably settle with Flamethrower and get Heatwave if I get the shard for it. I'm pretty set on Thunderbolt and Psychic being there.

Zoroark (Zoroark)
    Ability: Illusion
    ~Dark Pulse/Night Daze (10 Blue Shards/Level 64)
    ~Flamethrower (TM35)
    ~Grass Knot (TM86)
    ~Aerial Ace/Bounce (TM40/4 Red Shards)
    The first move it has basically depends on the level it gets to before the big battle. Flamethrower is to give it a wide viraety of moves. Grass Knot is to counter the heavy rock and ground types. The last move would be used to counter the fighting types that are coming for it, I can't decide between the two.

Mandibuzz (Barujiina)
    Ability: Weak Armor
    ~Air Slash (Level 41)
    ~Dark Pulse (Level 46)
    ~Tailwind (Level 37)
    ~Bone Rush (Level 51)
    Mandibuzz's move set is probably the hardest to come up with. It has a limited move pool and can't be as defensive in game as it would be competitively. I tried to play to it's strengths with these moves, I am completely open to any suggestions you might have for it.

Aggron (Bossgodora)
    Ability: Rock Head
    ~Iron Tail (Level 40)
    ~Bulldoze (TM78)
    ~Magnet Rise (4 Blue Shards)
    ~Ice Punch (10 Red Shards)
    I gave him Iron Tail as a good steel move to give him some STAB. Earthquake as a nice ground type move to make the most out of it's large base attack stat. Magnet Rise will be used to take out any ground type competitors. The last move is another move that's up in the air.

Beartic (Tunbear)
    Ability: Snow Cloak
    ~Icicle Crash (Level 37)
    ~Superpower (Move Relearner)
    ~Rock Slide (TM80)
    ~Surf (HM06)
    The first move is to give him a good STAB attack. Superpower will help the team take out Rock/Steel/Dark types. Rockslide to give him good coverage against other types. And Surf because he is going to be my main surfer. He is pretty set.

Krookodile (Waruvial)
    Ability: Moxie
    ~Earthquake (Level 54)
    ~Crunch (Level 28)
    ~Rock Slide (TM80)
    ~Bulk Up (TM08)
    I haven't given much thought to the move set. It's pretty balanced as a physical sweeper but I'm not sure if I should use him due to him basically being Aggron. I might put him in rotation just for the hell of it.
    Last edited by KnightofRawr; 14th October 2012 at 4:04 AM.
    Pokemon Y FC: 3668-8625-7027
    Combee, Volbeat, Pinsir

ello friend, I see your also raising a Magmortar, Focus Blast will and should be that last move you need.

This is what im using
    Magmortar@Lifeorb/Choice Scarf/Choice Specs
    Ability:Insomnia
    Nature:Modest or Timid
    Ev's: 252 Speed 252 Sp. Attack
    -Fire blast
    -Focus Blast
    -Thunderbolt
    -Hidden Power Ice
    Sarkhan

Tortarus Malfegor GlacierExpediaLucifer Optimus

If you had read my post you would have seen that I said "Keep in mind this is up to the elite four. No egg moves, no TMs that are unobtainable up to that point. "

The only way Magmortar can learn Focus Blast is through TM52 which is only obtainable at Well Spring cave with in Black2 is far after the Elite Four. So your post doesn't help me in the slightest.
    Combee, Volbeat, Pinsir

Oh sorry, Clear Smog might come in handy for those annoying Double Teams, or you can use Confuse ray for hax.
    Sarkhan

Tortarus Malfegor GlacierExpediaLucifer Optimus

Return doesn't add anything for krookodile, so use Bulk Up/Swords Dance.

Stone Edge over Iron tail on Aggron. It goes better with Bulldoze and covers more types. It's also more accurate.
    Use the Sturdy ability, Rock Head is useless without Head Smash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by NidokingJ View Post
    Oh sorry, Clear Smog might come in handy for those annoying Double Teams, or you can use Confuse ray for hax.
    I like the idea of Confuse Ray as there isn't very many Double Teams as there are Single Teams in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurawarrior8 View Post
    Return doesn't add anything for krookodile, so use Bulk Up/Swords Dance.

Stone Edge over Iron tail on Aggron. It goes better with Bulldoze and covers more types. It's also more accurate.
    Use the Sturdy ability, Rock Head is useless without Head Smash.
    Krookodile can't learn Swords Dance :P but I like Bulk Up on it.

Aggron can't access Stone Edge until after the Elite Four so that does not help me in the slightest. I'm keeping the ability the same due to the eventual addition of Head Smash.
    Combee, Volbeat, Pinsir