Thread: my old diamond team

Cool my old diamond team

well here is my main team from diamond version which I made back when diamond and pearl first came out unfortunately this team isnt that great mainly because I havent played this game in a while and I wasnt as familiar with the whole wifi world and team build scenario at the time which is why it is only a so so team and it isnt a lv 100 team.
    nontheless please enjoy looking at it and please give me your honest yet polite opinions on it.
    1.luxray lv73
    hardy
    magnet
    intimidate
    strength
    iron tail
    thunder fang
    crunch

2.staraptor lv72
    brave
    fist plate
    intimidate
    close combat
    fly
    steel wing
    defog......

3.weavile lv72
    careful
    icicle plate
    pressure
    night slash
    slash
    avalanche
    surf

4.floatzel lv72
    brave
    mystic water
    swift swim
    waterfall
    crunch
    ice beam
    rock smash

5.garchomp lv72
    docile
    earth plate
    sand veil
    dragon claw
    earthquake
    crunch
    rock climb

6.infernape lv72
    bold
    charcoal
    blaze
    grass knot
    cut....
    flamethrower
    brick break

so what do you think? Like I said before this team isnt perfect and it was made before I became truly familiar with the whole strategy thing. heck it was made before I made a serebii account.
    anyway the main purpose of this team is to have fun and occasionally take on the battle tower. so give me your opinions and please be polite but honest.
    and yes incase anyones wondering I havent restarted my diamond version save file even though it is my first save file for generation 4.made back in 2007.
    Last edited by pokedigijedi; 15th October 2012 at 3:43 AM.
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

Staraptor
    -brave bird
    -close combat
    -return
    -fly

weavile
    -night slash
    -brick break
    -ice punch
    -ice shard

Floatzel
    -ice fang
    -aqua jet
    -waterfall
    -crunch
    Fc: 5300-9702-8663 (in game name mike)
    Ice: spheal, Beartic and cloyster.

MM success so far,

I'm going to leave the HM moves presuming that you can't do to much about them - too bad....

On staraptor, close combat and steel wing to redundant super effective damage and really, the only reason you're using steel wing is to hit those ice and rock types right??
    Return > steel wing. It's also kinda funny because a steel wing on a pokemon like glaceon would do less damage than return

Infernape has a bold nature which ever so slightly lowers attack (and presuming you have somewhat equal EV's and IV's) so using a special move would be better. Focus blast is an option but not it does
    have mediocre accuracy. If you're really that worried, then just stick with brick break

avalanche is only good when you attack second which I doubt weavil will be doing with its speed of 130 <
    brick break > avalanche so you can get great neutral coverage

I think that's all that immediately stood out.... good luck on the team :D

Quote Originally Posted by Purple_Tangrowth View Post
    I'm going to leave the HM moves presuming that you can't do to much about them - too bad....

On staraptor, close combat and steel wing to redundant super effective damage and really, the only reason you're using steel wing is to hit those ice and rock types right??
    Return > steel wing. It's also kinda funny because a steel wing on a pokemon like glaceon would do less damage than return

Infernape has a bold nature which ever so slightly lowers attack (and presuming you have somewhat equal EV's and IV's) so using a special move would be better. Focus blast is an option but not it does
    have mediocre accuracy. If you're really that worried, then just stick with brick break

avalanche is only good when you attack second which I doubt weavil will be doing with its speed of 130 <
    brick break > avalanche so you can get great neutral coverage

I think that's all that immediately stood out.... good luck on the team
    thanks for the advice guys and yes I do intend to remove some of the hm moves whenever I get serious about training these guys again such as cut and defog those moves get to be removed where as surf and rock climb I will probably keep.
    so does anyone else have any suggestions?
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

Weavile:
    Ice Shard
    Ice Punch
    Night Slash
    Swords Dance/Brick Break

Luxray
    Spark
    Crunch
    Substitute/Thunder Wave
    Iron Tail

Floatzel
    Ice Punch
    Aqua Jet
    Waterfall
    Bulk Up

Staraptor
    Brave Bird
    Double Edge/Return
    Close Combat
    U-Turn

Infernape
    Flamethrower
    Vacuum Wave
    Grass Knot
    HP Ice
    In order to understand my train of thoughts,
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

@azeem Again , Weavile might as well use Ice Punch , it has a Base Speed of 130 , so Ice Shard isn't needed.

That Infernape is also weird , Vacuum Wave is not needed so Brick Break / Close Combat >>>> it.

hmu on xbox !!!!

For some reason I cannot edit my messages, but if you really want to, you could just get out the HM slave when you need it. Just use Bidoof and Tropius for your Slaves.
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Sensai View Post
    @azeem Again , Weavile might as well use Ice Punch , it has a Base Speed of 130 , so Ice Shard isn't needed.

That Infernape is also weird , Vacuum Wave is not needed so Brick Break / Close Combat >>>> it.
    Well, it has a Sat negative nature, so I thought it would be better. Also, Ice Shard is for picking off weakened foes. Weavile has a sparse Physical Movepool.

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Yeah, I posted pretty much the same weavile set. I agree, ice shard works, especially in the bt or competitive.
    Fc: 5300-9702-8663 (in game name mike)
    Ice: spheal, Beartic and cloyster.

MM success so far,