Thread: Pre/Post E4 Platinum Team

Threaded View

Default Pre/Post E4 Platinum Team

I'm a first time platinum player, barely mucked with the fourth gen because I couldn't get off my high horse about the old generations until recently. I did play HG/SS though and I dabbled with Black version.

I have very little idea about the Pokemon in this region and I definitely don't know their move sets, but I know the mechanics and type match ups pretty well.

That said, here's a team. It doesn't seem to have any glaring resistance issues that I can see, but I don't know if there are better alternatives either that are more powerful, can be obtained easier or have better moves. I don't even know the NAMES of most of the 4th gen pokemon.

Torterra
    Adamant
    - Rock Polish
    - Earthquake
    - Wood Hammer
    - Stone Edge

Machamp
    Adamant
    No Guard
    - Dynamic Punch
    - Ice Punch
    - Thunderpunch
    - Substitute

Houndoom
    Timid
    Flash Fire
    - Flamethrower
    - Nasty Plot
    - Dark Pulse
    - Substitute

Alakazam
    Timid
    Inner Focus
    - Psyhic
    - Focus Blast
    - Energy Ball
    - Shadow Ball

Gengar
    Timid
    Levitate
    - Shadow Ball
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hypnosis
    - Focus Blast

Garchomp
    Jolly
    - Swords Dance
    - Dragon Claw
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide

So that's my sad little list. As you can see I don't really have any idea what I'm doing. I do have a Jirachi I can trade over somewhere, I don't know what level or nature though (it was through some event, I might not have even picked it up from the delivery man, I know I never used it)

Everything is flexible, I haven't actually started yet. This is just my blue print for when I get to the E4 or complete the game.

So, do what I hear you do best, rip my hopes and dreams to shreds and help me come up with a better team. Thank you.
    Last edited by MurkySnow; 15th October 2012 at 9:59 AM.