Thread: Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card Arc

Default Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card Arc

SO they are coming out with new Cardcaptor Sakura episodes in January 2018.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...y-2018/.109204

http://comicbook.com/2016/11/04/new-...ime-announced/

The following are returning for cast:

Sakura Tange as Sakura Kinomoto
    Aya Hisakawa as Keroberos
    Junko Iwao as Tomoyo Daidōji
    Motoko Kumai as Syaoran Li
    Megumi Ogata as Yukito Tsukishiro
    Tomokazu Seki as Tōya Kinomoto

"Back in June, fans were treated to a new manga series which follows Sakura Kinomoto after she graduates from Tomoeda Elementary School. The hero, who moonlights as cardcaptor tasked with corralling 52 lost Clow Cards, is now in her first year of junior high. The sequel follows Sakura after she has a very strange dream and learns of an incident that will change her life forever."

I'm curious on a few levels:
    Will someone have created more cards by chance under the name Clear Cards? Is there a clear card that is missing from Sakura's cards? I haven't looked into the manga and have yet to find out the premise on it.

Do we have any Cardcaptor Sakura fans here?

I'm actually surprised they got back the main cast, I thought they were only going to get back Sakura Tange since she's the title character. So there's that--but I still don't like Sakura's squeaky voice, something about it bothers me. I've struggled with it watching the sub and I'm just going to continue struggling with it here.

Anyway, I still don't feel like Clear Card is necessary, so I haven't been reading the manga either, but Madhouse has proven in that PV that the art-style transitions beautifully to digital. So if anything, I'm looking forward to seeing how everything looks in the OVA. I'm honestly still not sure if I want to watch the TV series just yet, I'm just going to use the OVA as testing ground.
    Winner of Best Non-Pokémon Fic of 2016 in the Shipping Oscars
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 8 - 3/10/16 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

Wow I've haven't thought about this series in forever. Not since the awful dub; glad I read the manga. As for the new series I have to wait and see, as for the clear cards what makes them different from the regular clow cards?.....

Muh childhood :O

Interested in this. Still got the first movie on VHS somewhere.
    When the squad has had just about enough of your ****

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3939-2078 | Woody (Sun) | Chitoge (Moon)

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    I'm actually surprised they got back the main cast, I thought they were only going to get back Sakura Tange since she's the title character. So there's that--but I still don't like Sakura's squeaky voice, something about it bothers me. I've struggled with it watching the sub and I'm just going to continue struggling with it here.

Anyway, I still don't feel like Clear Card is necessary, so I haven't been reading the manga either, but Madhouse has proven in that PV that the art-style transitions beautifully to digital. So if anything, I'm looking forward to seeing how everything looks in the OVA. I'm honestly still not sure if I want to watch the TV series just yet, I'm just going to use the OVA as testing ground.
    I'm pretty surprised as well. They're all pretty active still in their careers though, but with all probably being busy, it's nice they came back. I've never noticed her voice being squeaky tbh :P Yeah im really confused about where they'll go with this and everything but It'll be nice to see what Sakura is doing after that last movie

Quote Originally Posted by WildHennaCharizard View Post
    Wow I've haven't thought about this series in forever. Not since the awful dub; glad I read the manga. As for the new series I have to wait and see, as for the clear cards what makes them different from the regular clow cards?.....
    the dub was just a tragedy... not even worth mentioning :P they messed everything up!

Quote Originally Posted by Frozocrone View Post
    Muh childhood :O

Interested in this. Still got the first movie on VHS somewhere.
    if you've only seen the dub then you need to see the subs! much better :P

Cut me some slack, I watched the dub because we only had dial up internet at the time and it was years ago!
    When the squad has had just about enough of your ****

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3939-2078 | Woody (Sun) | Chitoge (Moon)

Cardcaptor Sakura! I remember reading the manga of these back in middle school. Still have them in my manga books collection. The memories. I'm excited to see a sequel to this. It was a fun series and one I think back to from time to time. And while there was lots of magic and mystical stuff in it the thing I always remember most are the characters. Rika and her teacher are still things I think about.
    Moon/Glovehead Berlitz! Make it a reality for a Berlitz reunion celebration!

In all honesty, I didn't mind the Ocean dub. So they changed up some things and maybe cut out like one or two small scenes per episode, I don't see how it "ruined" the entire show. Ocean actually dubbed all the episodes, Kids WB screwed things up by being picky as to what episodes they would show and advertising it more for boys than for girls.

I just wish NIS America actually did a re-dub instead of using the Animax dub >_>. Because they didn't do that, I have no idea how Clear Card is going to be brought out here--sub-only, perhaps, but still...
    Winner of Best Non-Pokémon Fic of 2016 in the Shipping Oscars
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 8 - 3/10/16 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

If madhouse is doing it, it might be kind of good. It needs some serious polishing when you look at the older episodes.