Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: “I'm looking for an anime that...” Anime Search Thread

Default “I'm looking for an anime that...” Anime Search Thread

Its like the Title suggest !
    Suppose You watch a Anime long time a ago.
    And You want to watch it again now But you don't remember that anime's name.
    You only remember few detail about the anime.
    Well , Then Post those hint here.
    If anyone know the Anime that fit your description they he/she will tell you that Anime name.
    Plus , If You have a story in your mind and want to know if there any anime based on that Story then you can ask here.
    For Example :
    I'm Looking for a Anime I seen in CN back in my childhood.

-It was a Mecha anime.

-It was about a war where the protagonist was fighting for a princess.

-At first the main character used a yellow color Mecha.

-There was another Mysterious White Mecha that could move without a Pilot.

-That Mecha Usually show up in middle of the battle where it turn itself into a White orb and fuse itself with various Mecha.

-Whenever it fuse with other Mecha , Those Mecha somehow transform into a Animal mecha.
    For example , When it fuse with the Protagonist first Mecha , It transform into a Tiger.
    And when if Fuse another character Mecha , His Mecha become a Dragon.

-Anyway , When the Dragon Mecha got seriously damage in a fight So The Mysterious Mecha somehow goes to the main character who was traped and chose him as its pilot

-Anyway , After that The protagonist can call upon that Mecha by using his knife.

-Also there was a guy who usually stay close to the princess. He was like a love rival but he betray the princess & her nation. He also defected the Protagonist's previous Mecha who was in its Tiger form.

I don't remember the name of this Anime.
    So Does anyone here Know that Anime ?

Poor grammar in the title of the thread!

Joking aside, I'm going to take a shot at this and guess "Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure" from what Google has given me.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Iirc "Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure" aired on TechTV aka G4TV, not Cartoon Network.

Anyway, was it Zoids or some Gundam series?

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Poor grammar in the title of the thread!

Joking aside, I'm going to take a shot at this and guess "Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure" from what Google has given me.
    Sorry , But The event of the Anime I'm looking for took place in future.
    Plus , There were other male who can use Mecha.
    I think there were 2 other male Protagonist beside the Main Protagonist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Iirc "Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure" aired on TechTV aka G4TV, not Cartoon Network.

No , I don't think it was Zoids .
    Because In the Anime I'm look for , The Mecha transform into a Anime when that Mysterious Mecha fuse with them.
    There was a gundam Protagonist who redeemable that Anime's Protagonist.
    But the Story is difference.
    Plus , I seen the anime so long ago that I might clearly remember the protagonist face.
    All I remember that he wears a sleeveless black outfit.
    Last edited by vodor; 14th October 2012 at 3:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    This actually ain't that bad of a thread idea. Seeing as every so often this kind of subject comes up it'd be good to have a general thread for it.
    I bet you $20 that those threads still get started every now and then.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Like I said, took a wild guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    I bet you $20 that those threads still get started every now and then.
    They do and let's hope this one does too, the title's got poor grammar.

Ah well, I fixed up the title a bit and turned it into a sticky. Maybe it'll get more recognition that way.

ONOMNOMNOM

Gif Credit | Amourshipping Contestshipping | Uta☆Pri fan

Play Shippers' Truth or Dare game with us!

Screw what the first guy said, I'm using this thread as a recommend me something thread. Looking for a show that will hook you from the get-go, has minimal fan service, a great amount of suspense, isn't filled to the brim with cliches, and has a legal stream.

^ lol

Anyway, the only anime I can think of that matches a great majority of your wants (I have no idea what you mean by "a legal stream", and I'm not sure if there are any clichés in the anime) is Monster. Fanservice is minimal because any fanservice that does exist (e.g. prostitutes) is shown as an ugly thing or is in an ugly situation, which you don't see often. Also has great characters, great atmosphere, and possibly the best villain ever. You can go with either the English sub or dub, both are great.

EDIT: Jb (below hi I come to you 20 minutes from the future) mentioned Crunchyroll. Though I don't think Monster is on Crunchyroll, it is on Hulu (have to be a member or pay, though), on YouTube under a channel, and a subbed version is available on Netflix.
    Last edited by Kutie Pie; 19th October 2012 at 2:09 AM.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Screw what the first guy said, I'm using this thread as a recommend me something thread. Looking for a show that will hook you from the get-go, has minimal fan service, a great amount of suspense, isn't filled to the brim with cliches, and has a legal stream.
    What do you mean by legal stream? Like watchable on Crunchyroll and the like?

Monster is also available on Viz Anime.

You live in the US, right?

Ga-Rei-Zero is an action-packed show about a defence group called the Supernatural Disaster Countermeasures Division. It has a great central relationship between the two leads, with a main character that really grows realistically as an individual. It opens fantastically (you're going to have to trust me on this, because elaborating would spoil it) - the first episode alone should convince you that the show will not depend on clichés to deliver impact. The show deals with duty, sacrifice and friendship, and is suspenseful in the sense that I couldn't always guess what was coming, and even when I could, I wanted to see how it was going to happen. Despite the tragic elements, it's not a show that drowns in melancholy. The series is available on FUNimation's YouTube channel.

Eden of the East is also very good. I can't really describe it better than themightydoof did, so I'll link to his recommendation here. It's also available on FUNimation's YouTube channel.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

Hm... I'm looking for an Anime.... like, all I remember are these plant like eyeballs... They're yellow and have vines but with eyeballs, BIG ones and, also these coins. They're huge... it's like big as a gong. They're gold coins. I believe there's two main characters. They're kids. A boy and a girl... that's all I remember actually.

Does anyone know what Anime this is? nya~

Was it dubbed or did you watch it in Japanese? Do you remember what channel it came on?

Quote Originally Posted by TotalPotato View Post
    You live in the US, right?

Ga-Rei-Zero is an action-packed show about a defence group called the Supernatural Disaster Countermeasures Division. It has a great central relationship between the two leads, with a main character that really grows realistically as an individual. It opens fantastically (you're going to have to trust me on this, because elaborating would spoil it) - the first episode alone should convince you that the show will not depend on clichés to deliver impact. The show deals with duty, sacrifice and friendship, and is suspenseful in the sense that I couldn't always guess what was coming, and even when I could, I wanted to see how it was going to happen. Despite the tragic elements, it's not a show that drowns in melancholy. The series is available on FUNimation's YouTube channel.

Eden of the East is also very good. I can't really describe it better than themightydoof did, so I'll link to his recommendation here. It's also available on FUNimation's YouTube channel.
    Canuck. I'll check them out and act from there.

For the best really. Now we don't have to worry about new threads asking about anime and Jolteon91 owes me $20.
    Like a sticky has ever stopped people making duplicate threads before.
    My Anime List

Was it dubbed or did you watch it in Japanese? Do you remember what channel it came on?
    Yer talking to me? Uhm, I don't quite rememeber coz I was lik 8 years old, and I dunno the plot or language of it...nya~

Like a sticky has ever stopped people making duplicate threads before.
    I'll give you this one. It does help make a person look more like an idiot when they do though.

Quote Originally Posted by PopPrincess_Lyra View Post
    Yer talking to me? Uhm, I don't quite rememeber coz I was lik 8 years old, and I dunno the plot or language of it...nya~
    That's helpful.

How many anime out there where the protagonist summon a Mecha by using a Knife ???

That's helpful.
    Well, I try... but it's like a kids Anime... so similar to PKMN and Mon Cole Knights...something like that >_< nya~

Monster Rancher?That has a character that looks like a yellow vine with an eyeball and involves the characters looking for discs to release monsters from.

I'm looking for Anime I watch some year ago in a relative's Tv.
    I only watch the last part of a episode So I don't even know it's story and Name.
    Here are the sign-

-It was a Korean Anime.

-It aried in Arriang's ""Cartoon time'''.

-The Protagonist had spiky hair

-He's partner was a big humanoid Pig.

-He has a major One-sided Crush on a girl with Blond hair and Ponytail.

-In the episode I watched , One of his friend was captured So he decide to go and rescue him.

-The reason he wanted to do this because he wanted to impress his crush.

-At the end of the episode , he ride on a dragon and head to save his friend.

-In the ending , He seen running but then a Blond hair boy with a big robot is seen running behind him.

I didn't had Arriang in my TV So I could see any other episode.
    And The show was over when I finally got Arriang in my TV.

Quote Originally Posted by vodor View Post
    -It was a Korean Anime.
    So it's not an anime?
    My Anime List

So it's not an anime?
    Off course , Its an Anime.
    However , It was made it Korea not Japan.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast