Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: “I'm looking for an anime that...” Anime Search Thread

Quote Originally Posted by vodor View Post
    Off course , Its an Anime.
    However , It was made it Korea not Japan.
    If it was made in Korea it's not anime.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

This is why I use the term cartoon; because the fans get unnecessarily prissy at a common and understandable mistake of confusing slang with style. Don't let it get to you vodor, just now you know.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    If it was made in Korea it's not anime.
    Who said that ?
    Korea also make anime's like Japen.
    If you don't believe me then check it on Internet .

Who said that ?
    Korea also make anime's like Japen.
    If you don't believe me then check it on Internet .
    I don't doubt they make their own animation, anime however refers specifically to animation from a Japanese studio.
    My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    I don't doubt they make their own animation, anime however refers specifically to animation from a Japanese studio.
    However Korean Animation also consider as Anime.
    Anyway , Does anybody knows the anime I have been looking for .
    It seem we gone off-Topic!

...and someone yet again ignores my advice.

DON'T LET THE FAN-BOYS SHOW THEIR FANGS! I GOT BEATEN UP BY ONE ONCE!

Does anybody knows the anime I have been looking for.
    To be blunt, no. What Jolteon is pretty much saying is, "anime" in the english sense, means/refers to animation from Japan. This is the anime section. Most people who post here watch ''anime'', ie., anime from Japan, not Korea. Calling it anime, and correcting someone on that doesn't make you a fan-boy, you're simply correcting someone. I mean, the rule of this section say
    Please discuss only Japanese-animation here.
    "

In short, Jolteon is right, Parachomp, no one is a fan-boy for correcting someone who for this current situation, is wrong.

To answer you're question, this might not be the best place to get an answer.

...you get the point, it's a common mistake! Vodor, listen up, they're angry.

I assure you, I am in no absolute way angry.

Please point out whatever part of my post gives you the impression I'm angry.
    My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Exodd View Post
    Monster Rancher?That has a character that looks like a yellow vine with an eyeball and involves the characters looking for discs to release monsters from.
    DARN D: I just found out today about it from my two workmates...wished I knew it sooner... it WAS Monster Rancher XD Thanks anyway ^^ nya~

this one's a bit hard to explain... i remember watching an anime dvd (possibly vhs) like ten years ago and i would like to know the title just for the sake of it. i don't remember a lot but i sort of remember the bits and pieces of one episode.

the main two characters were a school girl and a guy who i believe had either the ability to shape-shift into a monster or some other super natural powers since the two were sort of a tag team that went around killing monsters that spawned. they lived at the girl's place in a traditional japanese home (possibly with the girl's grandpa). at this point i would assume it was inuyasha but i remember that the guy had short black hair and had anger management issues and would often get out of control once he started fighting (though i haven't actually watched inuyasha so don't actually know what it's about). the monsters would possess people and make them kill others or something like that.

in one episode there were some girls playing tennis/volleyball (dunno, a sport that is played with a net) after school at sunset. one of them went up to the teacher's room and there was a teacher waiting for her who ended up "infecting" her. she turned into a big-*** purple tentacle monster with the naked girl as its core.

god, this sounds ridiculous.

“... even if the world line changes, as long as you don't forget me, i'm there.”
    myanimelist || hummingbird || vndb || tumblr || last.fm

oh wow. i honestly didn't expect that anyone would find the title. thanks man haha.

“... even if the world line changes, as long as you don't forget me, i'm there.”
    myanimelist || hummingbird || vndb || tumblr || last.fm

I'm looking for something similar to Death Note, Code Geass and Gantz. Something that completely screws with your mind and you can't wait to watch the next episode

I recommend you Steins;gate, it is about time travel but not in a trivial way. A group of friends made a timetravel machine modifying a microwave oven, they can only send sms back to the past but...
    The plot is really interesting, there is a lot of psychological depth of the characters and is really enjoying to see how things change every time they send a "d-mail", a sms back to the past. In the first episode they show you like 5 or 6 unexplicable misteries and some of them are explained only in the last 2 episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by AhTreyYou View Post
    I'm looking for something similar to Death Note, Code Geass and Gantz. Something that completely screws with your mind and you can't wait to watch the next episode
    I would recommend Angel Beats. The story is about an amnesiac who ends up in the afterlife. There is a major plot twist about every 3rd episode, the characterization is mostly good, although they could do better on some characters. The action is good, and there are some emotionally moving moments.

Black FC: 0433-2525-5010
    Black 2 FC: 5201 0405 6565

Quote Originally Posted by AhTreyYou View Post
    Kaiji, a psychological drama about a man who goes into dept but is given the offer to gamble it off. It takes a few episodes to pick up but once it gets going, it hooks you in real good. The gambles are a bit weird though (like playing rock-paper-scissors using cards) and they always have another layer to them which always hits you really hard. The antagonists can be so corrupt at times. Bar the titular character, the series does severely lack in the character development but aside from that and the very unique art-style; it's an outstanding series. Everyone I have shown this series to has always come out satisfied.

Im looking for an anime that is mostly plot focused and has some nice action scenes, something similar to the last airbender. Please no blood/gore and suggestive themes.
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL ~ Kid Icarus club ~ Attack on Titan club ~ Xat New Leaf dream code: 4800 2561 7674

Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    Im looking for an anime that is mostly plot focused and has some nice action scenes, something similar to the last airbender. Please no blood/gore and suggestive themes.
    Ugh...considering how the medium is, that's going to be tricky to find. People, don't pick on her for the example, they did nothing wrong. Can you be a bit more detailed on what you're looking for?

I would suggest Zestun no tempest! really interesting plot with good action scenes
    I believe in Fairys Do you?

Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    That'd be kind of hard, but if you want something similar to TLA, try The Legend of Korra. Fairy Tail might be a good one for you to watch, there are some nice action scenes and it is quite plot focused so...

Quote Originally Posted by fizzay View Post
    That'd be kind of hard, but if you want something similar to TLA, try The Legend of Korra.

I'm not complaining, it's a good follow-up to Avatar: the Last Airbender but watch your slang around these parts before people explode with fan fuelled fury.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzay View Post
    Fairy Tail might be a good one for you to watch, there are some nice action scenes and it is quite plot focused so...
    No, Fairy Tail's plot is horrid and is more episodic fun. Predictable episodic fun to boot, nothing's unique and the girls...well, at least they're better than the other ones in that other show. A note to people in general, read reviews before posting or checking out something someone has recommended you. In case of Fairy Tail, here you go (scroll down for the reviews and click on the links to open them).

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post

I'm not complaining, it's a good follow-up to Avatar: the Last Airbender but watch your slang around these parts before people explode with fan fuelled fury.

No, Fairy Tail's plot is horrid and is more episodic fun. Predictable episodic fun to boot, nothing's unique and the girls...well, at least they're better than the other ones in that other show. A note to people in general, read reviews before posting or checking out something someone has recommended you. In case of Fairy Tail, here you go (scroll down for the reviews and click on the links to open them).
    I'm just saying that if he liked ATLA, then he check out LoK, that's all.

I don't think that, but you do. I will agree, though, that Fairy Tail does play more on the episodic fun factor over the plot. The plot is cool though, in my opinion.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast