Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: “I'm looking for an anime that...” Anime Search Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    Im looking for an anime that is mostly plot focused and has some nice action scenes, something similar to the last airbender. Please no blood/gore and suggestive themes.
    I'm struggling to think up series that fit those specifications perfectly that are on par with the Avatar series. I can, however, recommend Summer Wars. It's a movie rather than a series (about two hours long), but the virtual world is wonderfully colourful and has some sweet action scenes, the diversity and depth of the enormous family is insane for such a running time, and it grows in scale quickly without seeming rushed, which adds to the delightful sense of everyone pulling together for victory by the end.
    Last edited by TotalPotato; 12th January 2013 at 11:42 PM.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon White 2, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

Im looking for an anime that is mostly plot focused and has some nice action scenes, something similar to the last airbender. Please no blood/gore and suggestive themes.
    Perhaps you could try Accel World.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Thanks for all the sugestions.

BTW I have seen LoK and I am eagerly awaiting season2
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

Well, I finally have some spare time to watch anime. However, I saw a couple eps of this one show some time ago, but I forgot the name. I think it's a bishounen anime that focuses around samurai. There's a lot of different samurai/princes and they're overly dressed up in armour and jewels. One guy has blonde hair and he looks like he's a prince that comes from Europe or something. That's all I can remember for now. I don't even remember the plot. :/

EDIT: Never mind. After a long search, I've found it. It's called Sengoku Paradise Kiwami.
    Last edited by Pacifist3000; 15th January 2013 at 7:23 PM.

Now I know what I was thinking of, Gundam 00. The Gundam franchise is a series of science fiction war dramas where the main line of offence being massive robots. 00's pretty good but maybe start off with Wing first.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I'm looking for a good series similar to Gundam. Before you ask, I've seen every Gundam.
    Claimed: Grovyle - November 10th, 2013
    Chapter 21 is up.

Hey, i am lookin for an anime i was watching about 5-7 years ago,maybe.All i can remember from it is that the main protagonist was a blond boxer that was always wearing a red outfit.the plot revolved around 7 colored crystals that gave their holders specific powers and when they fused with the crystals they changed their apperance drastically.there were 7 crystals and one additioonal black one which belonged to the villain,who was also a boxer(i think,not sure) . one of the crystal owner was a samurai. that is all i can remember . hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by CR0WN66; 15th January 2013 at 7:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Griff4815 View Post
    I'm looking for a good series similar to Gundam. Before you ask, I've seen every Gundam.
    By "similar to Gundam" do you mean something in the mecha or military genre? I'll recommend you some that I've already seen, but keep in mind that I am a huge fan for dramas/psychological thrillers. Off the top of my head:

-Eureka Seven
    -Neon Genesis Evangelion
    -Code Geass
    -Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo 2040 (I've only seen the remake. Iirc, it doesn't have giant flying robots, but it does have a mecha/police theme)
    -RahXephon
    -Heroman still waiting for an Ultimo anime >.>
    -Power Dolls (Meh, it's an oav and kinda old)

Here's some that I've heard/know of, but didn't see:

-Shin Mazinger Shogeki!
    -Patlabor

Quote Originally Posted by CR0WN66 View Post
    Hey, i am lookin for an anime i was watching about 5-7 years ago,maybe.All i can remember from it is that the main protagonist was a blond boxer that was always wearing a red outfit.the plot revolved around 7 colored crystals that gave their holders specific powers and when they fused with the crystals they changed their apperance drastically.there were 7 crystals and one additioonal black one which belonged to the villain,who was also a boxer(i think,not sure) . one of the crystal owner was a samurai. that is all i can remember . hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance!
    The first thing that popped up in my head is Power Stone. Don't know though.

Unsure if this is related to the thread, but did they ever dub the two Gurren Lagann movies?

3DS Friend Code: 2337-4608-0376
    Most Recent Shiny: - 868 eggs | Current Hunt:

Quote Originally Posted by Green Blockhead View Post
    Unsure if this is related to the thread, but did they ever dub the two Gurren Lagann movies?
    Nope. You can check this kind of thing on Anime News Network or MyAnimeList.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon White 2, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

I'm looking for an Anime with a love-triangle like Digimon Adventure 02 !
    In other word ,
    I want the protagonist to be love with girl who extremely close to the rival which make the protagonist jealous .
    Like Davis , Kari & Tk.
    However , The difference is that the Protagonist manage to get the girl despite the overwhelming disadvantage.
    I want the Heroin & Rival to be as close as Kari & TK.
    However , I want the Protagonist to be more competent then Devis !
    I prefer somebody like Red (Adventure) or Gold (Adventure).
    So ,
    Is there any anime like that ???
    May be , I should make a fan-fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    0__0

Ugh boy...ugh...phew. Okay, don't look for love triangles because it's not just a love triangle, it's some other weird shape and when one of the girls has a fetish for another one of the girls (usually the one with big boobs)...oh god...

DO NOT LOOK INTO JAPANESE CARTOONS WITH LOVE TRIANGLES (or other weirder shapes)!
    Now, what else are you looking for?
    what is wrong with you

@vodor:
    ano hi mita hana no namae wo bokutachi wa mada shiranai. -- i'd suggest this one the most, short but generally considered a masterpiece, slice of life with fantasy elements,
    ano natsu de matteru -- same as above but not as good,
    kimi ni todoke -- incredibly slow, two seasons, has a love triangle but the rivals aren't friends, slice of life / school,
    shakugan no shana -- action, fantasy, romance, three seasons,
    toradora! -- one of my personal favourites, two friends have a crush on person x and y and they help each other get a date, slice of life / school,
    if you're brave and want to watch something retarded, you can watch school days (slice of life / school). involves sex scenes (tho you can't see anything) and violence. just throwing it out there because someone has to.

these are all triangles between a male and two females btw. i can't recall any with two guys going for a girl.
    Last edited by xerxes; 23rd January 2013 at 6:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    0__0

Ugh boy...ugh...phew. Okay, don't look for love triangles because it's not just a love triangle, it's some other weird shape and when one of the girls has a fetish for another one of the girls (usually the one with big boobs)...oh god...

DO NOT LOOK INTO JAPANESE CARTOONS WITH LOVE TRIANGLES (or other weirder shapes)!

Now, what else are you looking for?
    What is this i dont even

He made it really clear what he wanted >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by vodor View Post
    I'm looking for an Anime with a love-triangle like Digimon Adventure 02 !
    In other word ,
    I want the protagonist to be love with girl who extremely close to the rival which make the protagonist jealous .
    Like Davis , Kari & Tk.
    However , The difference is that the Protagonist manage to get the girl despite the overwhelming disadvantage.
    I want the Heroin & Rival to be as close as Kari & TK.
    However , I want the Protagonist to be more competent then Devis !
    I prefer somebody like Red (Adventure) or Gold (Adventure).
    So ,
    Is there any anime like that ???
    May be , I should make a fan-fiction.
    Ai Yori Aoshi
    is exactly what your looking for.

You also tryClannad: Another World, Kyou Chapter.
    You may not know the characters if you didn't watch Clannad but it's still good and only one episode.

[URL="http://myanimelist.net/anime/330/Midori_no_Hibi"]Midori Midori Days is also similar, with a good twist though.

There is also Peach girl. Same think you mentioned except the gender roles have been reversed.

Default good anime

What are good anime shows that have science fiction/ fantasy characters in them?

Hai durr people ^0^ I've ran out of anime to watch and im wondering if anyone knows any good horror anime apart from Hellsing, Gantz and Death note. I've seen almost everything so please dont name insanely popular ones either haha

thanks~
    Sig edited due to breaking image size limits. Read the signature rules!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaMooMooMilk View Post
    Hai durr people ^0^ I've ran out of anime to watch and im wondering if anyone knows any good horror anime apart from Hellsing, Gantz and Death note. I've seen almost everything so please dont name insanely popular ones either haha

thanks~
    Perhaps Another?
    My Anime List

thanks~
    first off, i hope you watched hellsing ultimate rather than the 12 episode tv adaption.

deadman wonderland? i'm not really sure it that's considered popular or not lol, the manga is definitely better though. there's also dance in the vampire bund and ookamikakushi but don't watch those because they're stupid.

but if you don't mind manga i would greatly reccomend litchi hikari club, dogs: bullets & carnage and battle royale. the former has an anime adaption but it's a (bad) parody of itself, db&c has one too but it's only a short four episode adaption about the characters' stories. in general, if you want to see gore, you should read manga instead since it's often filtered in anime.

thanks~
    Most probably are old but worth looking at. You see, my favorite horror shows aren't called horror even though they are. peace

it's some other weird shape and when one of the girls has a fetish for another one of the girls (usually the one with big boobs)...oh god...
    Are you jealous of the well endowded girls with unusual lust for other women?
    Last edited by ven?; 29th January 2013 at 5:02 PM.
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

thanks~
    I see your top ten list and it lacked Higurashi. So I'm assuming you haven't seen it?
    Quote Originally Posted by mephistopheles. View Post
    first off, i hope you watched hellsing ultimate rather than the 12 episode tv adaption.

deadman wonderland? i'm not really sure it that's considered popular or not lol, the manga is definitely better though. there's also dance in the vampire bund and ookamikakushi but don't watch those because they're stupid.

but if you don't mind manga i would greatly reccomend litchi hikari club, dogs: bullets & carnage and battle royale. the former has an anime adaption but it's a (bad) parody of itself, db&c has one too but it's only a short four episode adaption about the characters' stories. in general, if you want to see gore, you should read manga instead since it's often filtered in anime.
    Ookami Kakushi is bad. Plus he sat through Gantz which is terrible so Ookami_Kakushi is a pretty good choice.

thanks~
    Concurring with Jb that Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni would be a good thing for you to watch.
    Done here.

i was actually going to say higurashi as their first choice but then i figured they've already seen it since it's so popular.

I'm looking to watch a anime like death note and code geass where the main character is smart and thinks his way out stuff and its really suspensful haha
    Last edited by wingzx; 2nd February 2013 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    I'm looking to watch a anime like death note and code geass where the main character is smart and thinks his way out stuff and its really suspensful haha
    Legend of the Galactic Heroes.
    My Anime List

ok so, I'm looking for an anime that can make me cry (even a single teardrop would be enough xP), pretty simple huh?
    it would probably be best if its more tragic than romance focused
    and just so you know, I already tried Elfen Lied, Chrono Crusade and Grave of the Fireflies (some of the google results I got for "tragic animes") and no reaction from my eyes occurred~
    Last edited by Layton's Apprentice; 12th February 2013 at 1:30 AM.
    Cofagrigus....
    .....is watching

Inb4 try Clannad.

But seriously, try Clannad, H20: Footprints in the Sand. Ef: Tales of Memories/Melodies and Kimi ga Nozomu Eien.

And you watched Grave of the Fireflies and shed not one tear? How?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast