Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: “I'm looking for an anime that...” Anime Search Thread

Hmmm...

Im searching a romantic comedy anime, without girl fanservice (I don't like girl fanservice), mostly fantasy.

im looking for a mecha anime i saw as a kid. if i remember right it had giant mechas that fought each other but they were controlled funny, instead of a cockpit they were put in this yellow stuff and then the mecha did whatever the pilot did. any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by GiganticMelon View Post
    Hmmm...

Im searching a romantic comedy anime, without girl fanservice (I don't like girl fanservice), mostly fantasy.
    I'm not sure what you mean by 'girl fanservice'... Do you mean like the occasional 'bishounen' moment or just shoujo-y things? Umm, it's not much of a romantic comedy (though it has it's funny moments), but it does have a 'historical fantasy' setting: Yona of the Dawn. The anime is slow in the beginning (I think it was episode 6 where it really kicks off), but it's good.

I am also looking for a new anime to watch since most of my shows are nearly finished/won't continue until April. Could someone please recommend me a psychological/nice plot twists anime? Maybe something with a maximum of 26 episodes or closer. You can recommend a few and based on their summaries, I'll decide if it's my cup-of-tea psychological anime. Thanks!

.: credit :.
    I love these skeleton brothers and their relationship. I am not sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by MonMonCandie View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by 'girl fanservice'... Do you mean like the occasional 'bishounen' moment or just shoujo-y things? Umm, it's not much of a romantic comedy (though it has it's funny moments), but it does have a 'historical fantasy' setting: Yona of the Dawn. The anime is slow in the beginning (I think it was episode 6 where it really kicks off), but it's good.

I am also looking for a new anime to watch since most of my shows are nearly finished/won't continue until April. Could someone please recommend me a psychological/nice plot twists anime? Maybe something with a maximum of 26 episodes or closer. You can recommend a few and based on their summaries, I'll decide if it's my cup-of-tea psychological anime. Thanks!
    If you don't mind action then I think Jormungand is a good show to watch. It isn't the most plot-twisty, but it does make the viewer think, in my opinion. Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex (2 seasons of 26 episodes each) is also a really, really good psychological-action anime. It probably fits that tag more than Jormungand does, anyway. If philosophy and ethics are two subjects you like then Ghost in the Shell is right up your alley.

Note: Both Jormungand and Ghost in the Shell are heavy on the blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinosea View Post
    If you don't mind action then I think Jormungand is a good show to watch. It isn't the most plot-twisty, but it does make the viewer think, in my opinion. Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex (2 seasons of 26 episodes each) is also a really, really good psychological-action anime. It probably fits that tag more than Jormungand does, anyway. If philosophy and ethics are two subjects you like then Ghost in the Shell is right up your alley.

Note: Both Jormungand and Ghost in the Shell are heavy on the blood.
    After watching Psycho-Pass, I gladly welcome action/psychological thrillers. I've been thinking about Ghost in the Shell after watching Neon Genesis Evangelion, so I'll give it a shot! I also read a small synopsis on Jormungand, so I will get that a try too; it sounds interesting. Thanks for the recommendations!

What is this cutie?
    If someone can explain me what this is and what kind of anime it comes from, I will appreciate it. ^^
    Claimed Scyther

PASBL explained
    Prologue and chapter one posted. Draft chapter two in production

Banner, Button and Profile Picture made by Astral Shadow. Thanks a lot ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Harzard View Post
    What is this cutie?
    If someone can explain me what this is and what kind of anime it comes from, I will appreciate it. ^^
    i'm surprised... some still don't know who that is

oh well, never mind - anyway that's kyubey while the title of anime is puella magi madoka magica/ mahou shoujo madoka magica
    Well done and unexpectedly, Kumiko and Shuichi gets together at the end of the novel. Childhood friends are really trends huh

They're the same
        Spoiler:- nothing here:

There's nothing to see here

Quote Originally Posted by SerenaForTheWin View Post
    i'm surprised... some still don't know who that is

oh well, never mind - anyway that's kyubey while the title of anime is puella magi madoka magica/ mahou shoujo madoka magica
    Yes people like that exist My goodness, what a heck of a title O_O. What is this anime about? Maybe I'm going to watch it (if I have the time for it). I'm not a fan of romantic stuff and horror, so I try to avoid that.
    Claimed Scyther

PASBL explained

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Harzard View Post
    Yes people like that exist My goodness, what a heck of a title O_O. What is this anime about? Maybe I'm going to watch it (if I have the time for it). I'm not a fan of romantic stuff and horror, so I try to avoid that.
    its about the story of a girl named madoka kaname as she become a magical girl to hunt for witches , or you can check the ann for the plot summary

btw this show doesn't involve romance, its more on the action and horror if you have to ask me

- if you want to watch it, go ahead - its mostly suitable for the teenagers anyway
    Well done and unexpectedly, Kumiko and Shuichi gets together at the end of the novel. Childhood friends are really trends huh

They're the same
        Spoiler:- nothing here:

There's nothing to see here

Quote Originally Posted by SerenaForTheWin View Post
    its about the story of a girl named madoka kaname as she become a magical girl to hunt for witches , or you can check the ann for the plot summary

btw this show doesn't involve romance, its more on the action and horror if you have to ask me

- if you want to watch it, go ahead - its mostly suitable for the teenagers anyway
    Thanks for your help. I have enough information now. ^^
    Claimed Scyther

PASBL explained

Anyone know where this is from?

Quote Originally Posted by nosam197 View Post
    im looking for a mecha anime i saw as a kid. if i remember right it had giant mechas that fought each other but they were controlled funny, instead of a cockpit they were put in this yellow stuff and then the mecha did whatever the pilot did. any ideas?
    What your describing sounds like Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Quote Originally Posted by RoySceptile View Post
    That's a really good question; I'm curious myself. Unfortunately, Google doesn't seem to show up any results with the image search, so I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by RoySceptile View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MonMonCandie View Post
    That's a really good question; I'm curious myself. Unfortunately, Google doesn't seem to show up any results with the image search, so I have no idea.
    HunterxHunter

^ Thanks! I should really watch that/read the manga.

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a new dramatic/action kind of anime - Similar in tone to things like Attack on Titan, Death Note, Monster, Psycho Pass etc. Almost dark in it's style that more so than often leaves you in suspense or with a cliffhanger at the end of each episode.

Any recomendations would be great. I'm not really into the whole 'moei' kind of thing like Madoka (even though i watched it just to see the hype) so i probably won't watch any recommendations like that.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter ゴースト View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm looking for a new dramatic/action kind of anime - Similar in tone to things like Attack on Titan, Death Note, Monster, Psycho Pass etc. Almost dark in it's style that more so than often leaves you in suspense or with a cliffhanger at the end of each episode.

Any recomendations would be great. I'm not really into the whole 'moei' kind of thing like Madoka (even though i watched it just to see the hype) so i probably won't watch any recommendations like that.

Cheers!
    Fate/Zero de facto answer.

Fate/Zero, agreed. Very well-written, mature anime. You'll love it.

Hey guys,

Cheers!
    Terror in Resonance is another excellent choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    Fate/Zero de facto answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Fate/Zero, agreed. Very well-written, mature anime. You'll love it.
    Well i'll be giving Fate/Zero a shot then! A friend recommended this once but not out of specifications - he simply mentioned it was a good anime. Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by Xionea View Post
    Terror in Resonance is another excellent choice.
    Seen it and yes, it is excellent - a personal favourite of mine actually. Thanks anyhow

'Another' might also be something you'd like.
    Blog: Problematic Paranormal Files
    Twitter: @CleverKraken

“Once, or twice, in a lifetime, if you're lucky, there are moments. Someone slices the world open,
    right down the middle and you can see the sky behind it. The true world. And you understand your purpose.”
    (Frances Booth - Channel Zero; Candle Cove)

Hey guys,

Cheers!
    You might like Mirai Nikki (Future Diary), Gokukoku no Brynhildr (starts out great but the pacing get's kinda bad) or Elfen Lied (although this one can get REALLY gory)
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Sun Team:

We giving Haunter horror recommendations now? Higurashi no Naku Koro ni is the way to go, man, moé style be damned. Also fits in with the dramatic/suspenseful traits with a mystery feel. I'd second Gokukoku no Brynhildr if the payoff hadn't been disappointing. Even then, it's basically Elfen Lied, just slightly better.
    Winner of Best Non-Pokémon Fic of 2016 in the Shipping Oscars
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 8 - 3/10/16 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

Quote Originally Posted by VampirateMace View Post
    'Another' might also be something you'd like.
    Another looks interesting, i'll put that on my to watch list. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by XXD17 View Post
    You might like Mirai Nikki (Future Diary), Gokukoku no Brynhildr (starts out great but the pacing get's kinda bad) or Elfen Lied (although this one can get REALLY gory)
    Mirai Nikki has always looked interesting to me and Elfen Lied for that matter - i've not heard of Gokukoku no Brynhildr but i'll definetly check it out. Thanks i'll be sure to get around to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    We giving Haunter horror recommendations now? Higurashi no Naku Koro ni is the way to go, man, moé style be damned. Also fits in with the dramatic/suspenseful traits with a mystery feel. I'd second Gokukoku no Brynhildr if the payoff hadn't been disappointing. Even then, it's basically Elfen Lied, just slightly better.
    Well i gave them and look on images alone and i think i have to agree with the moe style be damned part - a 'certain' picture looked shocking/interesting. I'll get around to them, thanks!

Well i'll be giving Fate/Zero a shot then! A friend recommended this once but not out of specifications - he simply mentioned it was a good anime. Thanks guys
    Now that ufotable's Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works (UBW is one of the 3 routes in the F/SN visual novel source material) came out, many might recommend you watch that first and then see Fate/Zero as a prequel. But screw it, I'd say go ahead and watch F/Z. Don't give up after that first episode though, which can be a bit daunting.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast