Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 314

Thread: “I'm looking for an anime that...” Anime Search Thread

  1. #251
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Universe 12
    Posts
    2,953

    Default

    I'm looking for an anime set in a rainy city/village/town. Can be any genre, just that it's pretty much raining at least 95% of the time.


  2. #252
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    Now that ufotable's Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works (UBW is one of the 3 routes in the F/SN visual novel source material) came out, many might recommend you watch that first and then see Fate/Zero as a prequel. But screw it, I'd say go ahead and watch F/Z. Don't give up after that first episode though, which can be a bit daunting.
    I feel like ufoTable has been doing UBW with the idea of it being a sequel to F/Z anyway, so I'd say the issue of order matters less now than it did when transitioning between the VN and Light Novel.

    F/Z to UBW feels like a more natural progression with the anime adaptations, to me.

  3. #253
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    831

    Default

    Hey! With Blood Blockade Battlefront coming to a close in a few weeks (sadly), I was wondering if anyone could recommend an anime with a similar world-building atmosphere? For specifics, I guess something with elements of sci-fi/sci-fi fantasy or cyberpunk. Maybe a balance between the comedy and drama? I've already seen Trigun and I'm in the process of completing Cowboy Bebop (if that helps with any recommending).

    And just putting it out there, is Space Dandy any good?

    .: credit :.
    I love these skeleton brothers and their relationship. I am not sorry.

  4. #254
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    I don't doubt they make their own animation, anime however refers specifically to animation from a Japanese studio.
    Actually, if you want to get detailed, anime is a japanese that refers to any animated medium. So technically, this includes Korean animation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Griff4815 View Post
    I'm looking for a good series similar to Gundam. Before you ask, I've seen every Gundam.
    If you want a mech anime, then I'd suggest Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
    Last edited by KillerDraco; 5th July 2015 at 1:09 AM. Reason: Merged double post

  5. #255
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,483

    Default

    Can anybody recommend me an anime like Mirai Nikki?

    A life and death kind of situational show. I really dig anything with Psychological, Action, Drama or Thriller elements to it.

  6. #256
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    12,609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter ゴースト View Post
    Can anybody recommend me an anime like Mirai Nikki?

    A life and death kind of situational show. I really dig anything with Psychological, Action, Drama or Thriller elements to it.
    Btooom! comes to mind. Similar concept to Mirai Nikki, participants involved in a death game.

    It has only 12 episodes! ^^


  7. #257
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Btooom! comes to mind. Similar concept to Mirai Nikki, participants involved in a death game.

    It has only 12 episodes! ^^
    Seen it and it's excellent!

    Yeah, i should probably mention i have watched a large majority of survival/drama like animes recently so it may be difficult to find one haha.

  8. #258
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    12,609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter ゴースト View Post
    Seen it and it's excellent!

    Yeah, i should probably mention i have watched a large majority of survival/drama like animes recently so it may be difficult to find one haha.
    Did you watch Fate/Zero yet? An excellent anime.

    Another is a similar anime except it's more of a creepy, mystery anime though it's not like Mirai Nikki where people are forced to kill each other.


  9. #259
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Did you watch Fate/Zero yet? An excellent anime.

    Another is a similar anime except it's more of a creepy, mystery anime though it's not like Mirai Nikki where people are forced to kill each other.
    Nah, ah i should really get around to it. I don't know why it just hasn't appealed to me that much - the action sequences look cool though. I think it's just a case of starting it. I maybe shouldn't mention this, but absolutely everybody online and in real life recommended Durarara to me for it's Gangster/Crime related story (something i love) and was extremely disappointed by it, i found it a chore to watch all the way through, so i think maybe that has had an impact on me beginning Fate Zero. Still though, i will definetly give it a chance... eventually haha.

    As for Another, man that show was great. I loved how everything went extreme for the final two eps.

  10. #260
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    12,609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter ゴースト View Post
    Nah, ah i should really get around to it. I don't know why it just hasn't appealed to me that much - the action sequences look cool though. I think it's just a case of starting it. I maybe shouldn't mention this, but absolutely everybody online and in real life recommended Durarara to me for it's Gangster/Crime related story (something i love) and was extremely disappointed by it, i found it a chore to watch all the way through, so i think maybe that has had an impact on me beginning Fate Zero. Still though, i will definetly give it a chance... eventually haha.
    I've heard good things about Durarara too, now I'm worried about watching it haha. :P

    But yes, just start watching Fate/zero and see if you like it. Once I started watching it, I could hardly wait before watching the next episode.

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter ゴースト View Post
    As for Another, man that show was great. I loved how everything went extreme for the final two eps.
    Agreed. Though personally, I preferred that part of Another when everything was still creepy and mysterious. ^^


  11. #261
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    I've heard good things about Durarara too, now I'm worried about watching it haha. :P
    Honestly, i wouldn't worry. I seem to be the only one who disliked it despite being somebody who loves that type of setting and genre haha.

    Most people love it, go for it ^ ^.

    But yes, just start watching Fate/zero and see if you like it. Once I started watching it, I could hardly wait before watching the next episode.
    Yeah, i'm really hoping for a gripping anime where i can't stop watching so i'll take your word for it. Recent animes i've watched have been quite slow to watch. Not that they weren't good, just that they couldn't pull me in like others.

    Agreed. Though personally, I preferred that part of Another when everything was still creepy and mysterious. ^^
    I did enjoy that, just the payoff at the end was brilliant and... insane (just like Mirai Nikki).

  12. #262
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Down the Rabbit Hole
    Posts
    6,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter ゴースト View Post
    Honestly, i wouldn't worry. I seem to be the only one who disliked it despite being somebody who loves that type of setting and genre haha.

    Most people love it, go for it ^ ^.



    Yeah, i'm really hoping for a gripping anime where i can't stop watching so i'll take your word for it. Recent animes i've watched have been quite slow to watch. Not that they weren't good, just that they couldn't pull me in like others.



    I did enjoy that, just the payoff at the end was brilliant and... insane (just like Mirai Nikki).
    I don't think I've met anyone who disliked Fate/Zero. First episode can be a bit daunting (watch it a second time), but stick with it.

  13. #263
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Black Isle, Scotland
    Posts
    1,781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter ゴースト View Post
    Can anybody recommend me an anime like Mirai Nikki?

    A life and death kind of situational show. I really dig anything with Psychological, Action, Drama or Thriller elements to it.
    Kaiji is light on action, but it's a pure thriller in which the main character is constantly hitting rock bottom, having to rely on only his wits to get him through high-stakes underground gambling events.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

    I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon X, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl and White 2 in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

  14. #264
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    I don't think I've met anyone who disliked Fate/Zero. First episode can be a bit daunting (watch it a second time), but stick with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TotalPotato View Post
    Kaiji is light on action, but it's a pure thriller in which the main character is constantly hitting rock bottom, having to rely on only his wits to get him through high-stakes underground gambling events.
    Both shows are on my plan to watch list - thanks guys.

  15. #265
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,428

    Default

    I'm looking for this anime: a group of kids wearing fox masks are in a building being chased by a monster.

  16. #266
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    12,609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WildHennaCharizard View Post
    I'm looking for this anime: a group of kids wearing fox masks are in a building being chased by a monster.
    Kakurenbo??

    myanimelist.net/anime/1192/Kakurenbo


  17. #267
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,428

    Default

    ^ yep that's it tank you!

  18. #268
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    851

    Default

    Looking for an anime similar to Neon Genesis Evangelion. Also wondering if anyone would recommend Jojo's Bizarre Adventure because a lot of people have been trying to get me to watch that lately.

  19. #269
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Down the Rabbit Hole
    Posts
    6,156

    Default

    Which one of these should I watch next:

    * Attack on Titan
    * Parasyte -the maxim-
    * No Game No Life
    * Golden Time

  20. #270
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fred FredburgerFred Fredburger
    Posts
    6,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    Which one of these should I watch next:

    * Attack on Titan
    * Parasyte -the maxim-
    * No Game No Life
    * Golden Time
    Parasyte or No Game No Life. AoT isn't as good as the hype says, and Golden Time isn't that great
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams



        Spoiler:- Spoiler:

  21. #271
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mogar View Post
    Looking for an anime similar to Neon Genesis Evangelion. Also wondering if anyone would recommend Jojo's Bizarre Adventure because a lot of people have been trying to get me to watch that lately.
    I haven't watched it myself yet, but I've heard Bokurano is a lot like Evangelion. In fact, it's supposedly even darker.

  22. #272
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,483

    Default

    Just thought i'd update people who helped recommend shows a while back.

    I watched Kaiji Series 1 and 2. Loved it, definetly one of my favourite shows. Gave it a 9/10. Everything about it was just intense and the thriller aspect was brilliant - i literally couldn't stop watching.

    Finally started Fate/Zero and have gotten to Episode 10 and if i'm being completely honest, i'm not really enjoying it. Finding it quite boring and the battles aren't as good as i'd hoped they were going to be. I was unsure about watching it but everywhere and anywhere was telling me to check it out so i have.

    I can appreciate that it's a good show, like the animation, music, story/lore is all good in perspective - i'm just not really enjoying it and unsure why. I love action/fighting anime as well so it has been quite disappointing/surprising. Currently i'd rate it 5 out of 10 based on enjoyment.
    Last edited by Haunter ゴースト; 8th August 2015 at 3:04 PM.

  23. #273
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Down the Rabbit Hole
    Posts
    6,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter ゴースト View Post
    Finally started Fate/Zero and have gotten to Episode 10 and if i'm being completely honest, i'm not really enjoying it. Finding it quite boring and the battles aren't as good as i'd hoped they were going to be. The whole magic/mage power thing never has been a big interest of mine so i was unsure about watching it but everywhere and anywhere was telling me to check it out so i have. I can appreciate that it's a good show, like the animation, music, story/lore is all good in perspective - i'm just not really enjoying it and unsure why. I love action/fighting anime as well so it has been quite disappointing/surprising. Currently i'd rate it 5 out of 10 based on enjoyment.
    Hmm, I mean I enjoyed the first half too, but I can sort of see why you might be feeling why it's slow. Don't stop watching. It gets better. Second half is definitely better than first half. Maybe part of the problem is that we overhyped the show for you, although it is considered one of the best anime.

  24. #274
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    Hmm, I mean I enjoyed the first half too, but I can sort of see why you might be feeling why it's slow. Don't stop watching. It gets better. Second half is definitely better than first half. Maybe part of the problem is that we overhyped the show for you, although it is considered one of the best anime.
    It has been hyped a lot, but i don't ever let hype kill things for me. I'm just not gripped by it. Other than Ryder, most characters aren't diverse enough or their personality relies on one trait or emotion.

    As well, a lot of conversations end up saying what needs to be said but lasting too long and becoming boring.

    I'll stick with it for the sake of saying i've seen such a high rated show though. It's weird I also didn't like Durarara! another highly viewed anime.
    Last edited by Haunter ゴースト; 8th August 2015 at 12:40 PM.

  25. #275
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    12,609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter ゴースト View Post
    I can appreciate that it's a good show, like the animation, music, story/lore is all good in perspective - i'm just not really enjoying it and unsure why. I love action/fighting anime as well so it has been quite disappointing/surprising. Currently i'd rate it 5 out of 10 based on enjoyment.
    Yeah, I get that. Sometimes you can recognize a show as well-written, well-directed and stuff but even so you will not necessarily find it enjoyable. As you said yourself, you don't enjoy the magic stuff all that much so it's understandable if you're not into the show.


Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •