Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: “I'm looking for an anime that...” Anime Search Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Yeah, I get that. Sometimes you can recognize a show as well-written, well-directed and stuff but even so you will not necessarily find it enjoyable. As you said yourself, you don't enjoy the magic stuff all that much so it's understandable if you're not into the show.
    Yeah cheers, a lot of people would tell me where to shove it and get better taste in shows. I don't know why i said i didn't like magic type stuff because i do i take that back, i was tired last night though. I like it, it's just dependant on how it's executed, and i do like some kind of explanation for magic existing, FMA and FMAB are two of my favourite anime's of all time and as most know, the magic aspect is treated as alchemy and the laws of it all make sense that nothing can be made without an equal sacifice.

I appreciate the recommendation, i did need/want to check it out because of it's popularity. I've finished S1 now anyway, i'll get to S2 sometime this week.
    Last edited by Haunter ゴースト; 8th August 2015 at 3:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter ゴースト View Post
    Yeah cheers, a lot of people would tell me where to shove it and get better taste in shows. I don't know why i said i didn't like magic type stuff because i do i take that back, i was tired last night though. I like it, it's just dependant on how it's executed, and i do like some kind of explanation for magic existing, FMA and FMAB are two of my favourite anime's of all time and as most know, the magic aspect is treated as alchemy and the laws of it all make sense that nothing can be made without an equal sacifice.

I appreciate the recommendation, i did need/want to check it out because of it's popularity. I've finished S1 now anyway, i'll get to S2 sometime this week.
    I felt the same way when I first watched Fate/Zero. I changed my mind when I rewatched it after I finished UBW. Fate Zero is a lot more enjoyable if you have some Fate/stay night knowledge. Now Fate Zero is one of my favorites with Saber and Rider being my favorite characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter ゴースト View Post
    Can anybody recommend me an anime like Mirai Nikki?

A life and death kind of situational show. I really dig anything with Psychological, Action, Drama or Thriller elements to it.
    You could check out Elfen Lied. I dislike both Mirai and Elfen, but many people who love Mirai Nikki seem to also love Elfen Lied, since both anime have similar vipe. The heroine in both anime are Yandere type. Check out this link for more recommendations: http://myanimelist.net/anime/10620/M..._(TV)/userrecs

Quote Originally Posted by Mogar View Post
    Looking for an anime similar to Neon Genesis Evangelion. Also wondering if anyone would recommend Jojo's Bizarre Adventure because a lot of people have been trying to get me to watch that lately.
    Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica. Both are, dark, mature, and unique stories which aren't afraid to extend the boundaries of their genres + Interesting characters with unique motives, emotions, and interests yet you can still relate to them. I'm a fan of both NGE and Madoka.
    Last edited by Nodame; 10th August 2015 at 3:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MonMonCandie View Post
    Hey! With Blood Blockade Battlefront coming to a close in a few weeks (sadly), I was wondering if anyone could recommend an anime with a similar world-building atmosphere? For specifics, I guess something with elements of sci-fi/sci-fi fantasy or cyberpunk. Maybe a balance between the comedy and drama? I've already seen Trigun and I'm in the process of completing Cowboy Bebop (if that helps with any recommending).

And just putting it out there, is Space Dandy any good?
    If you're looking for all that then Gintama is a good recommendation. But be ready the comedy is heavy on it, but it
    is still a brilliant show. As for Space Dandy I haven't really watched it yet, but it seems good.

Don't worry gastly you'll be an artist soon enough D:

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Anyone know of some good comedy? Sabagebu! wasn't enough for me I need something funnier. Here's the ones I have seen.
    Gintama again. Engaged to the Unidentified is a comedy that you haven't seen. Also, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

I can't really say much more, though
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Anyone know of some good comedy? Sabagebu! wasn't enough for me I need something funnier. Here's the ones I have seen.
    It's a pretty subjective topic, but I liked Potemayo and Hayate the Combat Butler. Potemayo has a surprising variety of humour beneath its cute exterior, and Hayate goes for the random and parody angles.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon X, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl and White 2 in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

[Wild Challenger appears!]

I think Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo is one of the funniest anime I've seen in a long while due to how bizarre it is, even though it's mindless entertainment because nothing's going to make sense--which is part of the charm. Of course, unless you truly understand Japanese pop culture and get their humor (and you'll hear Koyasu Takehito as the main character), go with the dub (and you'll hear Richard Epcar as the main character).

I also thought Assassination Classroom was funny. That's along the same lines as Sabagebu!, but more entertaining. (I liked both shows, but I do prefer AssClass.)
    Winner of Best Non-Pokémon Fic of 2016 in the Shipping Oscars
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 8 - 3/10/16 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

An anime that I remember watching, but don't remember the name of, was on Cartoon Network I think, maybe some other Saturday morning channel in the 2000's

-Main character was male, blond, had glasses.
    - All the characters went to a private school
    - I think they fought ailiens or something, and when they were done, they used this machine that I think restarted the day or erased everyone's memories of the event

I know it's hardly anything at all to go off of, but could someone help me remember this show?

Thanks to Archangel Armada for the banner!

Boy I like your tastes in comedy anime haha.
    Try out Prison School, Shimoneta, shokugeki no soma, Himouto-Umaru Chan, even fairy tail is good comedy.

Note: Shimoneta and Prison School are slightly ecchi so be aware it's NSFW
    Last edited by MrRoo; 1st December 2015 at 7:29 PM.

Thanks for the input everyone. I think I'll check out Engaged to the Unidentified, and Shimoneta since I had prior interest to those but never ended up watching them. Is Himouto-Umaru Chan good?

As a side note I did read the Prison School manga but didn't watch the anime because what's the point if it's not the blu rays?

Thanks for the input everyone. I think I'll check out Engaged to the Unidentified, and Shimoneta since I had prior interest to those but never ended up watching them. Is Himouto-Umaru Chan good?

As a side note I did read the Prison School manga but didn't watch the anime because what's the point if it's not the blu rays?
    That's true with the blu rays, the uncensored version makes almost every ecchi anime awesome for "plot" purposes LOL...Himouto-umaru chan is pretty funny. I enjoyed it despite being a moe/slice of life/comedy; which is pretty out of my genre. I would give it the basic 3 episode rule to see if you like it or not. There's also a sports comedy anime I liked too which was eyeshield 21...one of my personal favorites that got me into anime in the first place.

Speaking of which I'm looking for a sports anime that involves some comedy and romance anyone know any?

Quote Originally Posted by MrRoo View Post
    Speaking of which I'm looking for a sports anime that involves some comedy and romance anyone know any?
    Hajime no Ippo, though the romance goes nowhere so...

Chihayafuru is another great "sports" anime.

i am looking for an anime i can remember only the beginning.....two boys go to a girls home to give her the lessons she missed because she was sick..and they end up having sex in the sallon.....any ideas of the title?

Quote Originally Posted by bjackx View Post
    i am looking for an anime i can remember only the beginning.....two boys go to a girls home to give her the lessons she missed because she was sick..and they end up having sex in the sallon.....any ideas of the title?
    In all honesty I really don't know. If it involves sex then it's considered a hentai which is not my specialty. Well anyways I'm looking for an anime that's really similar to D-Frag. I loved the comedy and the games in that show and I want to see something like that.

I am looking for the anime, it is an anime about Link from the legend of Zolda cartoons.
    I forget what the name of the anime is but it has Link in it talking to the king and the king keeps talking about dinner, can anyone tell me the name of this anime?
    It also features a character called Hardudo who screams "Squadallah!" when riding on his flying machine, if that helps

There's only, like, one Zelda anime.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Gwonam View Post
    I forget what the name of the anime is but it has Link in it talking to the king and the king keeps talking about dinner, can anyone tell me the name of this anime?
    It also features a character called Hardudo who screams "Squadallah!" when riding on his flying machine, if that helps
    That's not an anime. It's from one of the Zelda CDI games.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRoo View Post
    Well anyways I'm looking for an anime that's really similar to D-Frag. I loved the comedy and the games in that show and I want to see something like that.
    So like, school-based comedy? There's Mikakuni de Shinkoukei, which aired in the same season but is more of a romcom than pure comedy. If you just want a pure school comedy, I'd recommend both Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou and Nichijou.
    MyAnimeList | School Idol Tomodachi
    < - (Banner's mine)

Does anybody know of any good old school shoujo? The older the better! Recently fell in love with Rose of Versailles and wondering if there was anything else in the same vein. (:

thanks a lot to goggled petilil for diviner camilla~

The only thing coming to mind is Ace wo Nerae! (it has 26 episodes) and Oniisama e..., although that's from the 90s (the manga's older, though, so...), and the former's from the 70s alongside Rose of Versailles.
    Winner of Best Non-Pokémon Fic of 2016 in the Shipping Oscars
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 8 - 3/10/16 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

Does anyone know from which anime these are?

Anime.jpg

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RoySceptile View Post
    Does anyone know from which anime these are?

Anime.jpg

Thanks
    That's from Tales of Zestiria, a Tales of game for the PS3/PS4/PC

However, it'll have an anime this summer called Tales of Zestiria the X
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Darkness View Post
    That's from Tales of Zestiria, a Tales of game for the PS3/PS4/PC

However, it'll have an anime this summer called Tales of Zestiria the X
    Ah, alright; looks interesting.
    Thanks!

I'm looking for a mecha anime with a male lead and romantic interest that goes somewhere (mostly stress kissing, not sure if they progressed further). Towards the end, the male lead goes to space to save the world. Has ecchi elements but I'm not sure if it's listed as one of the genres. Released pre-2008, not sure exactly when.

I need some help with finding two anime I'll try to be as descriptive as possible to help you out

The first one is an older style series similar to wolfs rain all I remember is a scene where everyone is in a large court room and are talking about a certain type of people with a worm like parasite inside there chest a scientist and a women wearing a silver full body suit stand out and as the judge si questioning the women about these people she stands up and says 'because I have one too' and presses this button on her chest that opens up a ball shaped projection of the parasite inside her I do remember everyone who had this parasite had this same projection set up and it was colored red however the womans was colored blue as well as the 'red' parasites would be moving around a lot while hers was not

The second one is a movie with a lot of CGI elements to it I remember it started out with three soldiers walking through a forest and find trees with pods on them and only one had a girl inside while the others were all boys one soldier ended up killing the other two to save the girl and ended up raising her as his own daughter they live in a dystopia type world where the city is rested on the back of a giant robot and a group of rebels live on top of another robot and past these 'cities' is nothing but barren wasteland after some scenes of escaping and such the girl finds out she is the only one who can pilot the robots however she gets captured and this strange guy with giant leaches literally attached to him sucks out her blood he then is able to pilot the robots but when he does the robot slowly falls apart the girl then pilots the other one and defeats him and after her victory flowers start to grow outside of the cities and thats the end of it I remember something about the word arc being used regularly and the girls mother was also able to pilot these robots and she would have several children but only one girl and the rest boys the girl being the only one to inherent her ability also they literally use there lives to power these robots in other words they sacrifice themselves to even simply power up the robots I do remember certain scenes during the final fight where you 'see' them inside the robots they're suspended in nothing but a black void with a sort of aura like glow about them

hopefully I gave you enough detail I tried to find them on my own in many different ways I'm simply burnt out and need some help

Exactly the thread i was looking for.
    There's thus anime that used to air on animax here it goes like this,

There's a boy controlling a small mecha bot which evolves into a more giant stronger versions as the anime progresses that robot was red or carmine and had a flag whose design i cannot recall.thats all folks! I remember nothing beyond that.i was a kid of 7 then.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast