Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: “I'm looking for an anime that...” Anime Search Thread

Thanks for the suggestions, will give them a look. I realize asking for anime without girls in skimpy clothes or much in the way of comic releif is a bit of a tough one, let alone a fantasy one ¦P

A for horses
    B for mutton
    C for yourself

So, 20 years ago or so, probably when I was to young to be watching the show in question, we were allowed to watch some anime (or other nationality of cartoon) that:

- Revolved around a sword wielding hero (don’t so many of them?), and his companions.

- Was set in a post nuclear war world. Mostly barren, except for some giant man eating plants and monsters. They made a point of showing the shadows burned into the walls.

- There were ‘functionally’ immortals (they could be killed, but they didn’t die of old age or illness). They didn’t age, with exceptions related to radiation poisoning. And one with radiation poisoning sacrificed himself to save the heroes.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?
    Blog: Problematic Paranormal Files | Twitter: @CleverKraken

(Psssssttt... hey, you, yah you, HOLIDAYS2014 - gets you 10% off $15+ in my shop ^ )

Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, and/or Joyous Kwanzaa!
    (Or whatever else you may celebrate.)

that is as good as DBZ with fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by hajar View Post
    Hello there!
    I'm looking for an amime I watched about 7/8 years ago, it is set in the present.
    I remember a few scenes, but not well:

-A boy finds an abandoned house, inside the house he finds a wheelchair and a box with a lock blonde hair. He also finds a picture of a girl with long blond hair in a wheelchair with a professor standing behind her (I think it was her father). In the basement he finds a laboratory.

-A girl with short white hair in a kind of temple has a lot of flashbacks about the girl in the wheelchair, in one of those flashbacks the professor pushes the wheelchair with the girl of a cliff.
    And very often when ever you see the girl with white hair you see white doves flying, she also feeds those doves sometimes.

-A tower with a large computer/device ( I think it was built by the professor) was used by the boy and his friends to go to another world, it was kind of a game I guess.

This is all I remember about this anime, I hope someone can give me the name, I'll be really grateful!
    I may be wrong, but I think you may be talking about Deadman Wonderland. It even sounds like you could be talking about the Asylum episode in Hell Girl.

... But, like I said, I may be wrong... :P

Credit to
    SWORN METALHEAD
    for the sig!

So I'll be free for the next few days and I have a bit of time to watch animes. I'm going to try this season's one and maybe finish a series. I'd like some comedic romance because Nagi no Asukara is making me sadz.

Also, what are some of the better animes from this season and what are some to avoid? I'm not into ecchi or hentai :P

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Love Lab is a good one from a few seasons ago.

There's also Please Teacher!, Ano Natsu de Matteru (really good). D-Frag! is also a good one that's currently airing.

Alright, so first and foremost, I understand I'm kind of misusing this thread. I have a kind of specific question, and I don't know any other way through any of my usual means to get anything resembling an answer aside from serebii. There are no existing threads in here that I saw relating to the show in question, and given the choice between asking in this thread or making a new thread and creating clutter just to ask one question which probably won't even get answered, this seemed like the lesser of two evils.

I'm not looking for a show recommendation, but my question is still kind of similar. Aside from casually watching Pokemon and DBZ as a little kid, I have never sought out to watch anime. After a long time trying to get me on board however, a friend of mine who is very-much-so an anime fan recently showed me an anime called Steins;Gate. I fell in love, marathon'd the whole series in one sitting, blah blah blah. After watching the entirety of the series twice through the publisher's website, I'd like to purchase the series, both to support the creators and so I have my own copy for the future without ads and in better-than-postage-stamp-size quality. However, I don't own nor have any intention of owning a Blu-Ray player, and I don't conveniently have access to a DVD player. I'd also like to not have to bother with physical media. I'd prefer to get it through digital download. I can't, however, seem to find anywhere to purchase it in such a means. I'm guessing that since I can't find it digitally, asking one of you probably won't magically make it turn up, but I thought I'd ask and try. I did read something about iTunes maybe having it, but, and I'll try to say this without offending any Apple fans, that's a route I'd prefer to not go down.

tl;dr: I want to purchase a high-quality version of Steins;Gate, but I don't want to buy the DVD/Blu-Ray box set, and instead would like to buy it digitally, preferably not through iTunes. Is that possible, and if so, where?

Thanks for any help anyone can give me. Given how awesome Steins;Gate was compared to what I was expecting "real" anime to be like, I'm hoping this is my first of many.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    Alright, so first and foremost, I understand I'm kind of misusing this thread. I have a kind of specific question, and I don't know any other way through any of my usual means to get anything resembling an answer aside from serebii. There are no existing threads in here that I saw relating to the show in question, and given the choice between asking in this thread or making a new thread and creating clutter just to ask one question which probably won't even get answered, this seemed like the lesser of two evils.

I'm not looking for a show recommendation, but my question is still kind of similar. Aside from casually watching Pokemon and DBZ as a little kid, I have never sought out to watch anime. After a long time trying to get me on board however, a friend of mine who is very-much-so an anime fan recently showed me an anime called Steins;Gate. I fell in love, marathon'd the whole series in one sitting, blah blah blah. After watching the entirety of the series twice through the publisher's website, I'd like to purchase the series, both to support the creators and so I have my own copy for the future without ads and in better-than-postage-stamp-size quality. However, I don't own nor have any intention of owning a Blu-Ray player, and I don't conveniently have access to a DVD player. I'd also like to not have to bother with physical media. I'd prefer to get it through digital download. I can't, however, seem to find anywhere to purchase it in such a means. I'm guessing that since I can't find it digitally, asking one of you probably won't magically make it turn up, but I thought I'd ask and try. I did read something about iTunes maybe having it, but, and I'll try to say this without offending any Apple fans, that's a route I'd prefer to not go down.

tl;dr: I want to purchase a high-quality version of Steins;Gate, but I don't want to buy the DVD/Blu-Ray box set, and instead would like to buy it digitally, preferably not through iTunes. Is that possible, and if so, where?

Thanks for any help anyone can give me. Given how awesome Steins;Gate was compared to what I was expecting "real" anime to be like, I'm hoping this is my first of many.
    If you want to support the creators of the anime, importing would be your best bet as a good chunk of the profit from localized stuff goes to the localizationers
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

Steins;Gate doesn't have a digital download as of yet. The way anime releases works, is that they are usually physical so they the sellers can bundle extras like artwork in with it to encourage sales. You best bet for supporting the series, is to either buy physical, or watch on Funimations site buy subscribing to them. You'll get HD, commercial ad free viewing.

http://www.funimation.com/subscribe/anime

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Steins;Gate doesn't have a digital download as of yet. The way anime releases works, is that they are usually physical so they the sellers can bundle extras like artwork in with it to encourage sales. You best bet for supporting the series, is to either buy physical, or watch on Funimations site buy subscribing to them. You'll get HD, commercial ad free viewing.

http://www.funimation.com/subscribe/anime
    Steins;Gate is available on the iTunes store.

EDIT: Nevermind, just read the asker's post.
    Last edited by Ampy; 18th January 2014 at 8:40 AM.

Okay, I just finished watching "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" and I really like the feel of the show. Does anyone here have any recommendations? The show is fantasy but you rarely notice that fact, just on occasions the character will do things like: Jump through time, battle an alien, go to another dimension, stuff like that, but that doesn't happen very often, its more of a humor based show. So basically a humor based show with some Fantasy/Sci-fi elements in it.

EDIT: Oh, and (Call me uneducated or whatever) it would be great if the show had a Dub, I usually listen to shows and half watch them, so subs just don't work well for me.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Angel Beats will probably be the closest thing to Haruhi with a dub.

Other similar anime are Ano Natsu de Matteru and Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Neither of those have dubs though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Spock View Post
    Okay, I just finished watching "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" and I really like the feel of the show. Does anyone here have any recommendations? The show is fantasy but you rarely notice that fact, just on occasions the character will do things like: Jump through time, battle an alien, go to another dimension, stuff like that, but that doesn't happen very often, its more of a humor based show. So basically a humor based show with some Fantasy/Sci-fi elements in it.

EDIT: Oh, and (Call me uneducated or whatever) it would be great if the show had a Dub, I usually listen to shows and half watch them, so subs just don't work well for me.
    Well, there's the near 3-hour Haruhi movie that you have to see if you haven't already. Best part of the series.

This one is a bit different but Lucky Star is a fantastic follow up to Haruhi. There's a bunch of cameos and shout-outs to it, plus Lucky Star is just a great show.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Spock View Post

That's not uneducated, that's multi-tasking. I could in fact be associatied with being educated or productive, depending on what else you're doing.
    Blog: Problematic Paranormal Files | Twitter: @CleverKraken

(Psssssttt... hey, you, yah you, HOLIDAYS2014 - gets you 10% off $15+ in my shop ^ )

Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, and/or Joyous Kwanzaa!
    (Or whatever else you may celebrate.)

Anyone know the name of the show where a small boy who goes for an adventure looking for 9 orbs labelled with numbers? He is accompanied by a talking cat/small tiger and a fairy who supposed to have angel wings, but have bat wings instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Angel Beats will probably be the closest thing to Haruhi with a dub.

Other similar anime are Ano Natsu de Matteru and Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Neither of those have dubs though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Well, there's the near 3-hour Haruhi movie that you have to see if you haven't already. Best part of the series.

This one is a bit different but Lucky Star is a fantastic follow up to Haruhi. There's a bunch of cameos and shout-outs to it, plus Lucky Star is just a great show.
    Thanks, I'll take a look at those. ^_^
    And yeah, I've seen the movie, but I was stupid and when I came across it on Youtube, I just watched it, before I saw the show, so I'm actually going to re-watch it now that I've finished the show. XD

Quote Originally Posted by VampirateMace View Post
    That's not uneducated, that's multi-tasking. I could in fact be associatied with being educated or productive, depending on what else you're doing.
    Lol, thanks.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Quote Originally Posted by pikadon92 View Post
    Anyone know the name of the show where a small boy who goes for an adventure looking for 9 orbs labelled with numbers? He is accompanied by a talking cat/small tiger and a fairy who supposed to have angel wings, but have bat wings instead.
    Only thing I found similar to that description is Kenyuu Densetsu Yaiba. You would think with that much description, it would be easy to find

Quote Originally Posted by pikadon92 View Post
    It's prolly the Dragon Gob Orbs arc of Kenyuu Densetsu Yaiba like JB suggested, the only back-up I can think of is Fairy Tail, but that's just because of Natsu and Happy.

I'm a picky Anime watcher, I've only really enjoyed Fullmetal Alchemist. Could you guys recommend me one that:
    1. Is not overly-sexual
    2. Doesn't have giant muscle-bound people jumping at each other.
    3. Character Development
    4. Not too bloody.
    5. Not too...weird.

And please don't talk about Dragonball Z, I tried it, and hated it.

Love you

To dream the impossible dream, to fight the unbeatable foe
    To bear with unbearable sorrow. To run where the brave dare not go.
    To try when your arms are too weary. To reach the unreachable star!
    This is my quest! To follow that Star! No matter how hopeless, no matter how far
    To fight for the right, without question or pause, to be willing to march into hell for a heavenly cause!
    And The world will be better for this, that one man, scorned and covered with scars still strove to his last ounce of courage.
    To reach, that unreachable star!
    I have claimed Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Revan View Post
    I'm a picky Anime watcher, I've only really enjoyed Fullmetal Alchemist. Could you guys recommend me one that:
    1. Is not overly-sexual
    3. Character Development
    4. Not too bloody.
    5. Not too...weird.

Love you
    Aria the Animation
    One Piece
    Hidamari Sketch
    Gurren Lagann
    FLCL
    Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
    Bakuman
    Hunter x Hunter(2011)
    Toradora!
    Nagi no Asukara
    Kill la Kill
    Gintama
    D-Frag
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

help i have been looking for an anime for a while now and cant seem to find it
    it cam out on the syfy a long time ago and what happen in the beginning was these 3 people in skin tight suits where chase after a boy it seemed who was transforming into some brown and then someone came in and saved him in a skin tight suit then it changes setting to a dome where they took the boy to and that all i can remember also they can minipulatet stuff with there mind i remember some kind of human grabbing pole and turning it into a spear please help

1. Is not overly-sexual
    3. Character Development
    4. Not too bloody.
    5. Not too...weird.

Love you
    Angel Beats sounds what you're looking for, maybe. Maybe Naruto, not overly gory. Maybe Bleach? Blue Exorcist is also pretty awesome!

Mirrai Nikki and Deathnote have good character development but is kinda weird if you're not into it and kinda gory and no over sexualization. But those are just some of my favourites so of course I'll mention them :P
    Has left Serebii forums.

1. Is not overly-sexual
    3. Character Development
    4. Not too bloody.
    5. Not too...weird.

Love you

I dont know if you consider mecha weird but Eureka seven is a pretty good series with Character Development

Im looking for an anime that doesn't have too much suggestive content with lots of action, and no confusing plot. Anime that I like are Pokemon, Dragon Ball Z Kai, Naruto, Yugioh and Yugioh 5Ds.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Im looking for an anime that doesn't have too much suggestive content with lots of action, and no confusing plot. Anime that I like are Pokemon, Dragon Ball Z Kai, Naruto, Yugioh and Yugioh 5Ds.
    You might like sword art online, it has a very simple plot and a lot of action.
    I see you like Naruto, I personally am not a fan of neither Naruto or Sword Art Online but I have seen both. I see a lot of people who enjoy Naruto also enjoy Sword Art Online, so you might find it worthwhile to check out for a few episodes.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast