Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: “I'm looking for an anime that...” Anime Search Thread

I watched some trailers of Gintama and this one's on my watch list. I don't have seen much of Anime, since I'm new with it. But I have seen Naruto, Shipuuden as well, Hunter x Hunter, Fairy Tail, Darker then Black, and Ninja scroll.. and a few I 've forgotten the name of.

Then definitely go with Gintama and Jojo, then.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Alright thanks, I'm already started with Gintama. JoJo will be the next one
    FC: 0490 6144 8999 Ice type Delibird/Beartic/Lapras

Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum and/or any forum =p. I'm looking for an anime a saw ages ago! I've been all over google but i can't find anything! maybe my vague description is the problem but i remember very little of it and I can't remember the title =p. this is what i can remember... a scientist who created some sort of golden particle/atom, this particle is inside a big glass tube thing =p. this particle then brakes free and turns into a girl. this girl later grows to a woman or teen maybe =O but she has some abilities. i think one of them is that she can fly, she later finds out she has a little sister that came from he same atom and i think some people are after them. at some point she leaves home to buy groceries and leaves sister by herself. when she returns she turns into golden dust or particles an covers the entire room because she believes someone may have entered the room. when she re forms she finds a microphone behind a picture frame. thats all i can remember! (girl born from golden atom/particle, can fly and turn to dust, has a sister) =p i think the protagonists name sounded something like coral... idk! any help finding this anime would be awesome!!! thank you all! =D and sorry about my english and grammar =p

Quote Originally Posted by char44 View Post
    Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum and/or any forum =p. I'm looking for an anime a saw ages ago! I've been all over google but i can't find anything! maybe my vague description is the problem but i remember very little of it and I can't remember the title =p. this is what i can remember... a scientist who created some sort of golden particle/atom, this particle is inside a big glass tube thing =p. this particle then brakes free and turns into a girl. this girl later grows to a woman or teen maybe =O but she has some abilities. i think one of them is that she can fly, she later finds out she has a little sister that came from he same atom and i think some people are after them. at some point she leaves home to buy groceries and leaves sister by herself. when she returns she turns into golden dust or particles an covers the entire room because she believes someone may have entered the room. when she re forms she finds a microphone behind a picture frame. thats all i can remember! (girl born from golden atom/particle, can fly and turn to dust, has a sister) =p i think the protagonists name sounded something like coral... idk! any help finding this anime would be awesome!!! thank you all! =D and sorry about my english and grammar =p
    its good that you describe a lot of info about the anime you are looking but maybe i can help you if you know the airdate of when this anime is aired

if its a recent one then maybe i could help you, if its an oldie( 80.s or 90's) like someone form a few pages ago asked earlier, i'm afraid that it will take some time before you get to find the anime you are searching
    Well done and unexpectedly, Kumiko and Shuichi gets together at the end of the novel. Childhood friends are really trends huh

They're the same
        Spoiler:- nothing here:

There's nothing to see here

Quote Originally Posted by SerenaForTheWin View Post
    its good that you describe a lot of info about the anime you are looking but maybe i can help you if you know the airdate of when this anime is aired

if its a recent one then maybe i could help you, if its an oldie( 80.s or 90's) like someone form a few pages ago asked earlier, i'm afraid that it will take some time before you get to find the anime you are searching

i don't know if this is how I'm suppose to reply =p... hello and thank you so much for the quick reply! sadly i do not remember the air date but i remember around what yr i saw it in. it was 2011/2012 so it might have been an older anime.

edit: it might have been earlier than that. =/
    Last edited by char44; 3rd September 2014 at 10:13 AM. Reason: not sure about yr

i don't know if this is how I'm suppose to reply =p... hello and thank you so much for the quick reply! sadly i do not remember the air date but i remember around what yr i saw it in. it was 2011/2012 soit might have been an older anime.
    do you remember what channel you saw it, maybe i can help you then and also if you know the genre of the anime itself that will probably give me a big hint on what you are looking for

oh yeah you saw the anime in dub or sub, i need to know this one too
    Well done and unexpectedly, Kumiko and Shuichi gets together at the end of the novel. Childhood friends are really trends huh

They're the same

do you remember what channel you saw it, maybe i can help you then and also if you know the genre of the anime itself that will probably give me a big hint on what you are looking for

oh yeah you saw the anime in dub or sub, i need to know this one too
    I'm so sorry but my brain isn't collaborating. I'm pretty sure i saw it in netflix with english dub. as to the genre something around action/fantasy.
    I just remembered another part. later on in the anime they find other kids with abilities and the same people that are after the girls are capturing them.

I'm so sorry but my brain isn't collaborating. I'm pretty sure i saw it in netflix with english dub. as to the genre something around action/fantasy.
    I just remembered another part. later on in the anime they find other kids with abilities and the same people that are after the girls are capturing them.
    oh now i think i have an idea, though i'm not sure ifs Kami no Mizu Shiro Sekai/The World God Only Knows - but i'm pretty sure this isn't it, i'll try searching it more about it

They're the same

oh now i think i have an idea, though i'm not sure ifs Kami no Mizu Shiro Sekai/The World God Only Knows - but i'm pretty sure this isn't it, i'll try searching it more about it
    that is not it, but thank you so much for your time!. I believe the name of the anime is the name of the protagonist. something short. i can't remember =,( lol

Can anyone recommend some anime's for me similar to Death Note? I've watched Code Geass and Naoki Urasawa's Monster, but haven't been able to find anymore like it.

Mirai Nikki and Monster are the closest things to it. Monster is the better of the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Mirai Nikki and Monster are the closest things to it. Monster is the better of the two.
    Thanks i'll try Mirai Nikki out. I've just had a look at it and it sounds fairly interesting.

Monster had similar animation, realism, suspense and music - but that was it really, the plot was much different. It was really good though, i couldn't stop watching.

I really enjoyed Hoozuki no Reitetsu, and since I'm sad because I cannot located ANY form of the manga that has been translated past the episodes that were made, and there isn't going to be any more of the show until the OVAs are released next year, can someone please point me in the direction of a comedic, supernatural slice-of-life show centered around Japanese folklore and culture?

Sounds weirdly specific, so I'll also throw out a request for any fantasy anime with action. Romance is fine, but I really don't want a huge emphasis on it. Stuff I've seen that kinda fits that description includes FMA, Magi, and Kyo Kara Maoh (kinda).

Quote Originally Posted by Flavia View Post
    I really enjoyed Hoozuki no Reitetsu, and since I'm sad because I cannot located ANY form of the manga that has been translated past the episodes that were made, and there isn't going to be any more of the show until the OVAs are released next year, can someone please point me in the direction of a comedic, supernatural slice-of-life show centered around Japanese folklore and culture?

Sounds weirdly specific, so I'll also throw out a request for any fantasy anime with action. Romance is fine, but I really don't want a huge emphasis on it. Stuff I've seen that kinda fits that description includes FMA, Magi, and Kyo Kara Maoh (kinda).
    Perhaps you'll like The Eccentric Family (Uchouten Kazoku). I wouldn't really describe it as slice-of-life (even though MAL does), but add some mystery and it would seem to fit what you're looking for.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon X, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl and White 2 in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalPotato View Post
    Perhaps you'll like The Eccentric Family (Uchouten Kazoku). I wouldn't really describe it as slice-of-life (even though MAL does), but add some mystery and it would seem to fit what you're looking for.
    Sounds interesting, I'll be sure to check it out then.

On the other hand, I highly recommend Hoozuki no Reitetsu to anyone and everyone, because that show is amazing and hilarious, even more so if you understand Japanese culture and folklore.

Does anyone have any recommendations for two 21-year old girls who have never watched anime before (besides pokemon)...

...my best friend and I decided we want to watch one but we have no idea where to start. xD Preferably something on (Canadian) netflix? And easy to get into? We watch Once Upon A Time, Lost, The 100, uh... Gilmore Girls? xD

~ ~
    [721/721]
    Gen VI dex complete! ...but now there is gen VII. ;-;
    FC: 1048 - 8845 - 0258

Uh... not sure what's on Canadian Netflix, but if you've got access to the Crunchy Roll and Viz Media's anime section (both being free internet sites), there's a lot of stuff you might like. Sounds like some convoluted drama and chick flick type stuff might be up your alley; 'Honey and Clover' maybe (Viz)? It's kind of comedic slice of life, with a couple guys who like this short/younger girl, but one of them is unintentionally creepy. You could always try some of the classics with a large fan base; like 'Inuyasha' (High School girl falls through a well into another world, where she meets a half-dog demon), or 'Fullmetal Alchemist' (there's 2 versions, but they're both about the same two brothers who are looking for the alchemist stone).

I just started 'Another,' it's supposed to be like a horror/mystery, where the school is haunted. . . It seems really good so far.
    Blog: Problematic Paranormal Files
    Twitter: @CleverKraken

“Once, or twice, in a lifetime, if you're lucky, there are moments. Someone slices the world open,
    right down the middle and you can see the sky behind it. The true world. And you understand your purpose.”
    (Frances Booth - Channel Zero; Candle Cove)

Quote Originally Posted by Tangeh View Post
    Does anyone have any recommendations for two 21-year old girls who have never watched anime before (besides pokemon)...

...my best friend and I decided we want to watch one but we have no idea where to start. xD Preferably something on (Canadian) netflix? And easy to get into? We watch Once Upon A Time, Lost, The 100, uh... Gilmore Girls? xD
    question: do you have a genre you wish to watch, i can probably help you if you have a specific genre - like for example, if its romance - there's tons of anime that involve romance ( since its one of the major genre to anime according to the japanese)

They're the same

xerxes is offline ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ

Well since you gave me nothing except that you're both girls, I'll go ahead and recommend Free!. It has two seasons and a total of 25 episodes, not including the specials.

The story revolves around Haruka Nanase, a boy who has always loved to be immersed in water, and to swim in it. Before graduating from elementary school, he participated in a swimming tournament along with his fellow swimming club members, Makoto Tachibana, Nagisa Hazuki, and Rin Matsuoka. After achieving victory, each of the boys went their separate ways.

Time passed, and in the middle of their uneventful high school lives Rin appears and challenges Haruka to a match, showing Haruka his overwhelming power. Not wanting it to end like this, Haruka, gathers together Makoto and Nagisa once again and brings a new member named Rei Ryugazaki to create the Iwatobi High School Swimming Club in order to defeat Rin.
    ビビビビィト コンティニューズ!!!(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

latest shiny

DexNav @ 252 encounters

16/01/2017
    [ alpha sapphire ]

current hunt: marine life of hoenn, [moon ball] minior

Quote Originally Posted by VampirateMace View Post
    Uh... not sure what's on Canadian Netflix, but if you've got access to the Crunchy Roll and Viz Media's anime section (both being free internet sites), there's a lot of stuff you might like. Sounds like some convoluted drama and chick flick type stuff might be up your alley; 'Honey and Clover' maybe (Viz)? It's kind of comedic slice of life, with a couple guys who like this short/younger girl, but one of them is unintentionally creepy. You could always try some of the classics with a large fan base; like 'Inuyasha' (High School girl falls through a well into another world, where she meets a half-dog demon), or 'Fullmetal Alchemist' (there's 2 versions, but they're both about the same two brothers who are looking for the alchemist stone).

I just started 'Another,' it's supposed to be like a horror/mystery, where the school is haunted. . . It seems really good so far.
    SerenaForTheWin and xerxes - this was the kind of response I was looking for. I gave four examples of drama TV shows and said I've never watched anime before, so I was looking for responses with either drama-y anime or classic anime that most people tend to like. I've never watched anime so idk what kind of sub-genre I'd like, or what kind of sub-genres even exist. ^^;;;

Thanks for the responses VampirateMace and xerxes! I'll see if I can find your suggestions on netflix and go from there.
    Last edited by Tangeh; 1st December 2014 at 4:00 PM.

~ ~
    [721/721]
    Gen VI dex complete! ...but now there is gen VII. ;-;
    FC: 1048 - 8845 - 0258

Is there any shounen with a main female character, or is that magical girl anime?

Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Is there any shounen with a main female character, or is that magical girl anime?
    prtty sure there are a lot of anime involving those, mind specifying more about what anime you want to refer

if its magical girl anime, there's obviously a lot - though puella magi madoka magica i think is the most well known among them

They're the same

You can't go wrong with Slayers, Slayers NEXT, and Slayers TRY.

xerxes is offline ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ

Soul Eater, I guess? The girl is paired with a guy as her "weapon" but she still does most of the work.
    ビビビビィト コンティニューズ!!!(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

latest shiny

DexNav @ 252 encounters

16/01/2017
    [ alpha sapphire ]

current hunt: marine life of hoenn, [moon ball] minior

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast