Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Community POTW #94

Default Community POTW #94

Scrapped the RNG for this week. To celebrate the 13th anniversary of the creation of Serebii.net, the Pokémon of the Week is pretty obvious

It's Celebi, the time-traveling Pokémon.

While its Grass/Psychic-type means it has a fair few weaknesses, it can do some serious damage

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/251.shtml

Go nuts

Ability: Natural Cure
    Item: White Herb
    Moves: Leaf Storm, Psychic, Earth Power, AncientPower
        Spoiler:- Favourite Pokemon:

Nature: Modest/ Timed
    (252 sp.attack/ 252 speed/6 HP)

Moves:
    Nasty Plot
    Psychic
    Earth Power
    Energy Ball

Item: leftovers/ Life orb
    Last edited by extremhyper; 14th October 2012 at 5:11 PM.

It's ashame Celebi didn't get Psyshock to take on the blobs!

Counters: depending on the coverage move, Hydreigon and the Lati's can wall it and either set up on him or kill the pixie thing!

Item: Light Clay
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252 Spe / 252 HP / 4 Atk
    Moveset:
    - Light Screen
    - Reflect
    - Recover
    - U-Turn

Set up screens, in whatever order fits best. Then recover to get yourself to good health if not strong enough to set up the other screen. And u turn combines well with natural cure.
    I like a good fight, and I NEVER turn off the power when I'm about to lose a battle. Because of others doing this, and me not turning off, my record does not look how it should. It's shame that the pokemon world allows these cowards to escape a loss.

If more people don't do this, then pokemon battling will become more fair and fun.

If anyone wants to battle, I'm up for it. My Immence Salamences need their training.

This is something you'll hardly ever see, but someone in my clan suggested. PHYSICAL CELEBI!

Celebi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Seed Bomb
    - Sucker Punch
    - U-turn

Swords dance for setup, seed bomb for STAB, sucker punch for priority and U-turn for the fact that it works really well with natural cure

Credit to Shadow for the Buttons

Choice

Nature: Modest / Timid
    (252 Sp Attack / 252 speed /6 HP)

Moves:
    Nasty Plot
    Psyshock / Psychic
    Earth Power
    Leaf Storm

Item: Choice Scarf/Choice Specs

Baton Passer

Nature: Timid
    (252 Speed/ 252 Special Attack / 6 HP)

Moves:
    Calm mind / Nasty Plot
    Recover / Substitute
    Earth Power
    Baton Pass

Item: leftovers

Wall

Nature: Bold / Calm
    (252 Def / 252 Sp Def / Max HP)

Moves:
    Recover
    Calm Mind
    Earth Power
    Shadow Ball / Psyshock / Stored Power

Sub Seed

(252 Speed / Max HP)

Moves:
    Substitute
    Leech Seed
    Earth Power
    Psychic / Psyshock

NOTE: The 1st two sets should be used only if you have the celebi from the 14th movie event

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    It's ashame Celebi didn't get Psyshock to take on the blobs!

Counters: depending on the coverage move, Hydreigon and the Lati's can wall it and either set up on him or kill the pixie thing!
    Chansey can be walled to hell by max HP subseed Celebi. Chansey just won't get through the subs in a single Seismic Toss and Leech seed heals Celebi already more in 2 turns than its substitutes cost, without even counting in Leftovers. I don't know if it is still used much, but Celebi is one of the very few pokémon to get both Leech Seed and a reliable recovery move in Recover.
    Master balls are the cheapest thing ever invented. It's more fun catching everything with balls that can fail. 'caught Latios in the wild without master ball ftw'

Move Options
    -Physical: Seed Bomb, Zen Headbutt, Sucker Punch, U-Turn, Return, Secret Power, Facade, Aerial Ace
    -Special: Grass Knot, Psychic, Leaf Storm, Energy Ball, Giga Drain, Ancientpower, Earth Power, Silver Wind, Signal Beam, Water Pulse, Shock Wave, Charge Beam, Shadow Ball, Hidden Power
    -Status: Substitute, Calm Mind, Baton Pass, Recover, Leech Seed, Toxic, Rest, Heal Bell, Reflect, Light Screen, Safeguard, Thunder Wave, Swords Dance, Stealth Rock, Skill Swap, Worry Seed

What can we say about Base 100 Stats across the board that isn't obvious. There are 71 Pokemon (all forms included except those belonging to Arceus) that outrun Celebi, but few carry Bug Type Moves (which, STAB or not, will hurt a metric ****-ton with that Quad-Weakness), and 24 tie it in Base Speed.

On Abilities, you're always using Natural Cure. Natural Cure + Rest is an annoying combo to deal with. The Ability pairs wonderfully with U-Turn to get some chipping in or Baton Pass to transfer your buffs while making an escape.

On the notion of Baton Pass sets, Ancientpower and/or Silver Wind are options to consider, even with the mere 10% chance of buffs, and Charge Beam makes an excellent option as well. However, you'll mostly B.Pass Swords Dance or Calm Mind buffs instead of gambling on the buff chances, so they're low priority choices.
    Pokémon X Friend Safari: Snover, Bergmite, Piloswine.

Ever see a Corsola 1-shot an Uber? Arceus bless Pokemon Stadium 2...
    WARNING: Strong profanity and extreme hilarity in this video. Viewer discretion and pointing-and-laughing advised.

When you first look at Celebi, you may wonder why it has managed to stay in OU or above since its introduction. It has seven weaknesses and its stats sit at 100 each, which is rather average for OU. With the rise of Tornadus-T, it is even more pressed to stay in OU. Here's the answer: It has six resistances, all of which are very common attacking types. It also has a useful ability in Natural Cure, which allows it to acts as a status absorber. It has a decent movepool, which allows it to go offensive, defensive, or even a combination of both.

Ability
    Natural Cure: Cures status when switching out. This is great, as it gives you something to absorb Spore, Thunder Wave, and Will-O-Wisp fairly easily which would otherwise cripple teammates.

Nasty Plot
    Item: Life Orb / Leftovers
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    - Giga Drain / Grass Knot
    - Hidden Power Fire
    - Psychic / Earth Power / Recover
    - Nasty Plot

Nasty Plot was one of the gifts Gamefreak was kind enough to give Celebi. It brings Celebi's power to much high levels in a single turn. Giga Drain serves as Celebi's primary STAB, which also gives it a way of recovering health. Grass Knot is significantly more powerful, and gives it a better chance against Tyranitar. Hidden Power Fire is a need on this set, as it would otherwise have trouble getting passed Scizor, Skarmory, and Genesect. Psychic gives Celebi secondary STAB, and a way to get passed Conkeldurr, OHKOs Virizion even without Stealth Rock, and provides it with a powerful STAB move in general. Earth Power might be a bit more attractive though, as it gets better coverage and prevents Celebi from being setup bait against Heatran. Recove is an option if you are using Grass Knot in the first slot.
    DW Pokemon I can offer:

Its obviously ninjask....ninjask.jpg
    I love to breed and battle!

Who doesn't like a good castform?

Ah celebi still wish you could have been shiny, anyway
    Calm
    EV's 252hp, 200 sp.defense, 52speed
    Leftovers/grass gem
    Calm mind
    Psychic/HP FIRE/HP rock
    leaf storm/giga drain
    Charge beam/earth power

Leaf storm if you don't mind that you have to keep setting up or giga drain to get back some HP when you have built up enough offense and sp.defense HP fire or rock to take care of Celebi's major bug weakness and rock also covers against flying
    Fire does also cover ice charge beam also covers flying and you could get a sp.atk boost but with calm mind you already get the boost earth power can lower your opponents sp.def and Make Celebi's attacks more powerful and covers fire where as HP fore already covers fire but can't lower your opponents stats

Adamant/jolly
    EV's 252 attack, 204 speed, 48 defense/Hp
    Choice band/lice orb
    Seed bomb
    Zen headbutt
    Swords dance
    Sucker punch (if that's still allowed)/substitute

The basic physical celebi, noting else, choice band if you aren't going to set up life orb if hour not afraid of losing your HP
    Last edited by SmeargleRocks; 14th October 2012 at 5:10 PM.

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

Serebii (using jap. name just cause) @Choice Scarf
    Hasty
    4 Hp 252 Sp.Atk 252 Spe
    -U-Turn
    -Leaf Storm
    -Hidden Power Ice/Fire
    -Trick/Psychic

Celebi @Life Orb
    Modest
    232Hp 240Sp.Atk 36Spe
    -Thunder Wave
    -Leaf Storm
    -Hp Fire/Earth Power/Psychic
    -Recover/Leech Seed
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

pun moveset name; its time to celebirate!!
    said a almost 30 year old married guy who part time drives a van.

Celebi w/ Life Orb
    Natural Cure
    4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spd
    Modest (+SAtk, -Atk)/Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
    -Giga Drain/Leaf Storm
    -Psychic
    -Earth Power/Hidden Power Ice/Hidden Power Fire
    -Nasty Plot/Recover
    Last edited by grantholomew; 14th October 2012 at 6:23 PM.

Friend Code: 2492-4126-1302
    Friend Safari: Krabby, Floatzel, Frogadier

Sapphire Nuzlocke - COMPLETE!
    Team:
    Dead:

Soulsilver Nuzlocke - COMPLETE!
    Team: **
    Dead:

Platinum Nuzlocke
    Team:
    Dead:

It's been some time since I last posted. College kept me as busy as a cele-BEE. *gets hit on the head with a steel dish*

Defensive Cele-hornet
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP, 189 Def, 67 Sp. Def
    Item: Leftovers
    Moves:
    Calm Mind
    Giga Drain
    Baton Pass
    Leech Seed

Not the best of sets, but it will have to do.

My favorites happen to be mid-evolved poison types.

Ahh celebi. If only you dated and mrried Grovyle in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, pokemon may have had a love story and be a popular shipping debate other than the human shippings.

Anyways, Guess what, one of my legendary pokemon team members. Celebi! Remember her monstrous form in Movie 4? she got nasty plotted. But from experience using her, She (forgive me for giving legendaries genders) is very suitable for doubles and triples (if you wanted though, Rotation) with any set you could give to her. Whether she's a bag mined girl fighter or a patient status inducer or a team supporter.

Mixed set.
    -Giga drain
    -Leech seed
    -Shadow ball
    -U-turn

Aka. Fairy + (Saria + Link) = Celebi the time travelling cute fairy pokemon. Give him the master sword to kill Darkrai and big bad Emboar the Ganon. Please we could go with some Legend of Zelda Puns for Celebi, the LEGENDARY hero of time
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

LET'S DO THE TIME WARP AGAIN!

-Leaf Storm
    -Psychic
    -Earth Power
    -Signal Beam/Shadow Ball
    Item: Choice Specs
    EV's and Nature: 4 HP/252 Special Attack/252 Speed
    Modest (+ Special Attack, - Attack)/Timid (+ Speed, - Attack)

Not much to explain about how this set ought to be used. Leaf Storm for a powerful STAB move. 5 PP, less than perfect Accuracy, and lowers your own Special Attack with each hit; not the most ideal of moves, but since you will be switching around a lot, the Special Attack drop can be overlooked (not much to redeem the other problems though). Psychic is another STAB, one that's powerful and can lower the foe's Special Defense sometimes. Psyshock would've been good, however, to deal with Chansey and Blissy. Too bad Celebi can't learn it. Earth Power; last time Celebi was POTW the little fairy had nothing outside of Hidden Power to cover Steel types which tend to walk all over it, but now... Good power, occasionally lowers the foe's Special Defense like Psychic, it's a good attack. Specially Defensive Heatran sets will have to worry about running into a X4 Super Effective move that can, given enough hits, kill that good Special Defensive wall role, and Tyranitar also suffers a similar problem. Assuming, of course, that Celebi isn't destroyed by them but hey, at least now it has something that'll pose (something of) a threat to them! Signal Beam is for other Celebi, Hydreigon, and Latias/Latios, as well as other Psychic types in general. Shadow Ball basically does the same thing, just with slightly more power and also lowers the foe's Special Defense on occasion in exchange for a hit on Hydreigon. I thought about putting it as an option over Psychic due to the number of Dark types it'd give a free switch-in to, but like Venusaur's entry said, there's no such thing as too many Terrakion counters.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

-Take up thy cross and follow Christ Jesus.
    ~Don't underestimate my God~
    ♥I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.♥

I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar, "I don't use "uber" Pokemon," edited out by me because I do use "uber" Pokemon on occasion.)

Celebi@life orb
    modest
    220hp/252spa/36spe
    Nasty Plot
    Earth power
    giga drain
    hp fire

Credits to Sworn for the Banner, buttons to astral shadow, Drac Buttons to EG

The sites mascot this week??? Let's see...

Peaceful Traveler
    Nature: Hasty(+ Speed/- Defence)/Navie(+ Speed/- Sp Defence)
    EV's: 252 Speed/252 Sp Attack/4 HP
    Items: Life Orb
    Moves
    Healing Wish
    Perish Song
    Leaf Storm
    Hidden Power

The Advantage of this setup is that if Celebi gets low on HP, you can ether fully heal the next Pokemon or Force your opponent to faint in 3 turns after using Perish Song.

Friend Code: Listed in code spoiler!
    Pokémon Safari Type: Dark
    Pokémon in Safari: Liepard, Nuzleaf, Crawdaunt (Spiecal thanks to mwrspeedy29 and Shao-May)
        Spoiler:- Code Section:

Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    Ahh celebi. If only you dated and mrried Grovyle in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, pokemon may have had a love story and be a popular shipping debate other than the human shippings.

Anyways, Guess what, one of my legendary pokemon team members. Celebi! Remember her monstrous form in Movie 4? she got nasty plotted. But from experience using her, She (forgive me for giving legendaries genders) is very suitable for doubles and triples (if you wanted though, Rotation) with any set you could give to her. Whether she's a bag mined girl fighter or a patient status inducer or a team supporter.

Mixed set.
    -Giga drain
    -Leech seed
    -Shadow ball
    -U-turn

Aka. Fairy + (Saria + Link) = Celebi the time travelling cute fairy pokemon. Give him the master sword to kill Darkrai and big bad Emboar the Ganon. Please we could go with some Legend of Zelda Puns for Celebi, the LEGENDARY hero of time
    That would be funny if it could learn leaf blade and maybe psycho cut.

My favorites happen to be mid-evolved poison types.

Celebi- although having 7 weaknesses and a double one to bug it isn't a bad pokemon not at all it can be even a wall rain teams struggle against celebi (well maybe except hurricane) it can take hits and dish them 100 base stats all around.. A great movepool with al celebi needs (except physical moves.. but celebi doesn't REALLY need them right?) Recover,heal bell,rest and thunder wave are excellent utility moves, nasty plot and subtitute can bring nighmares, earth power and giga drain have good coverage actually but HP fire briings something better, surprisingly celebi is a good check to scitom core with HP fire it 0HKO scizor and rotom can barely touch celebi.

With the new genesect celebi is probably seeing a drop in usage since genesect can come on any celebi move except HP fire and KO it with U-turn, speaking of U-turn celebi have it and it can use it effectively with base 100 attack and speed to scout.
    Celebi's ability let it act like a status absorber T-wave and toxic don't scare celebi at all it can use rest to heal immediatly.

But celebi have some flaws 7 weaknesses means most pokemons have ways to do SE damage on celebi also bad offensive typing for the great stat and move pool celebi has.

Celebis' biggest pro is being this site mascot though lol..
    I think that celebi is the only grass type with recover and leech seed which is cool..

maybe this set can abuse it good enough didn't try it actually I just though of it..

@leftovers
    252 HP, 252 speed, 4 defense/ 80 speed, 176 sp.attack, 252 speed
    Timid
    Natural Cure
    -Recover
    -HP fire/Giga Drain
    -Leech Seed
    -Giga Drain/Subtitute

need testing actually but I think it can work if you like stall.. I prefer offense though..

@choice scarf
    252 sp.attack, 4 attack, 252 speed
    Mild/Naive/Timid/Modest
    Natural Cure
    -Leaf Storm/Giga Drain
    -HP fire/ice
    -Earth Power
    -U-turn/Giga Drain/psychic

A revenge killer Leaf Storm is a Stab move with 140 base power it can beat most water types which are allways there actually I see politoed damn too much.. Giga Drain is safer.. HP fire ferrothorn scizor and Co,HP ice dragons, Earth Power heatran and toxicroak, U-turn scouts. psychic is alternate Stab it can hit conkeldurr harder but not too much merit otherwise..

Genesect probably outclasses it now but.. celebi still have other things on his favor 100 base speed outspeed genesect, resist key types like water fighting and ground, don't die to most HP fires.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Quote Originally Posted by jr0904 View Post
    Choice

Nature: Modest / Timid
    (252 Sp Attack / 252 speed /6 HP)

Moves:
    Nasty Plot
    Psyshock / Psychic
    Earth Power
    Leaf Storm

Item: Choice Scarf/Choice Specs

Baton Passer

(252 Speed/ 252 Special Attack / 6 HP)

Moves:
    Calm mind / Nasty 䁐lot
    Recover / Substitute
    Earth Power
    Baton Pass

Wall

Nature: Bold / Calm
    (252 Def / 252 Sp Def / Max HP)

Moves:
    Recover
    Calm Mind
    Earth Power
    Shadow Ball / Psyshock / Stored Power

Sub Seed

(252 Speed / Max HP)

Moves:
    Substitute
    Leech Seed
    Earth Power
    Psychic / Psyshock

NOTE: The 1st two sets should be used only if you have the celebi from the 14th movie event
    I don't understand. Why would you run a boosting move on a choice set? They would just get locked into boosting.

Muscle/Choice Band
    Adamant w/ 204 Attack, 204 Speed, 102 HP
    Seed Bomb
    Zen Headbutt
    Aerial Ace
    U-Turn

Wise/Choice Specs
    Modest w/ 204 Sp Attack, 204 Speed, 102 HP
    Psychic
    Energy Ball/Magical Leaf
    Ancientpower/Shadow Ball
    Charge Beam/Earth Power

Personal (Mixed) Set
    Item: Big Root/Leftovers
    Any netual nature w/ 152 Sp Attack, 200 Attack, 102 Speed, 56 HP
    Energy Ball
    Psychic
    Aerial Ace
    Leech Seed

Partners:
    A high Defense & Sp Attack Fire-Type like Arcanine, Infernape, Heat Rotom, or Chandelure.

Countering:
    Pokemon with Fire/Flying/Ice/Poison/Dark/Bug-Type moves like Rapidash, Sap Sipper Sawsbuck/Boufflant/Zebstrika, Absol, Escavalier, Scizor, Gliscor, Sniper Drapion, Eelektross, Volcarona, Spiritomb, Hydreigon, Heat/Fan/Frost Rotom, Chandelure, Dragonite, and Togekiss.
    Shadow Tag/Mean Look/Spider Web-users like Galvantula, Dusknoir, Cofagrigus, Gothitelle, and Defiant Bisharp.
    Last edited by sbktdreed; 15th October 2012 at 8:22 AM.
    Got Pokémon X. Intend to get either Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire.
    No info about my Friend Safari.
    Vivillon Pattern: Polar
    Looking for nicknamed, shiny, and/or have a hidden ability in GTS and may battle at anytime.
    If interested, send a private message with your ID #.

First off, happy Bar-Mitzvah Serebii!
    Anyway, on to Celebi. Celebi is a pretty diverse pokemon. With a massive movepool and great stats overall, you can do just about anything. It has a nice ability, Natural Cure, which lets it sponge up statuses. Honestly, just do whatever you want with Celebi.

Natural Cure: Heals status when you switch out. It's very nice.

Though I constantly appear in different time lines, I'm usually quite calm.
    -Calm Mind
    -Psychic
    -Energy Ball/Giga Drain
    -Hidden Power Fire/Ice
    EVs and Nature: Modest (+Sp. Atk, -Atk)
    200 Hp/252 Sp. Atk/56 Spd
    Celebi's most common set out there, and there's certainly a reason for it. Calm Mind is to boost your Special Attack and Special Defense, making you decently bulky and really freaking strong. Psychic is very reliable STAB. Energy Ball is if you want the slight boost in power, but Giga Drain is recommended for the extra life-span. Hidden Power Fire is used more often for those other Grass types and those pesky Steel types, but Hidden Power Ice is nice for the every-present Dragons. The EVs are for bulk, but the Speed EVs are nice to outspeed some pokemon.

FIRE THE TIME BOMB
    -Leaf Storm
    -Psychic
    -Hidden Power Fire/Ice
    -U-Turn/Shadow Ball
    Item: Choice Specs
    EVs and Nature: Modest (+Sp. Atk, -Atk)
    252 Sp. Atk/252 Spd
    This set is purely to hit as hard as you can. Celebi has unique coverage with Psychic and Grass STAB, and there are few other Grass types in OU in general. Leaf Storm is to leave large dents around a team (though Grass isn't great offensive coverage). Psychic is also STAB. Hidden Power is for the same reason as before. Shadow Ball is for extra coverage, but U-Turn is nice for scouting. You can also change the EVs and Nature slightly to make it a Choice Scarf set.

Wat a sec... Two hands, a big head... I CAN PUNCH PEOPLE!
    -Zen Headbutt
    -Seed Bomb
    -Sucker Punch
    -U-Turn
    Item: Choice Band/Life Orb
    EVs and Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -Sp. Atk)
    252 Ak/252 Spd
    Though this set is rarely seen, it can be pretty efficient. STAB coverage, Sucker Punch to take down Gengar and the Lati twins, and U-Turn to get out of a bad situation. Simple, yet elegant.

I can heal people, too
    -Giga Drain
    -Heal Bell
    -Leech Seed
    -Protect
    EVs and Nature: Calm (+Sp. Def, -Atk)
    252 Hp/4 Def/252 Sp. Def
    This set is kind of a nuisance to go against. Leech Seed is to stall bit, Heal Bell to act as a cleric, and Protect to help with the stall. Giga Drain is to stop being Taunt bait and help with the healing.

Other Options
    Swords Dance can be incorporated into the Choice Band set to start a potential sweep.
    Thunder Wave can be used to cripple opponents.
    Perish Song can do... Something, I guess. Be creative with it.

Partners
    You want someone to take out Dragons and Heatran. Mamoswine works perfectly to fit these roles. You also want a good Grass counter. So Mamo again. Frankly, Mamoswine is the best partner for Celebi in general. You may also want Heatran, who can take Fire hits and take down Genesect, who walls and destroys Celebi.

Countering Celebi
    Heatran counters every single Celebi set out there. Mamo can do well to counter Celebi, as well as defend it. Unless Celebi is running Hidden Power Ice (which most don't), Latios can take Celebi down fairly easily. Also, now that Genesect is so common, he is a major threat to Celebi. As diverse as Celebi is, Grass just isn't that great of a type offensively, and with Ice and Fire being common move types, it isn't that great defensively either.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast