Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 56 HP / 200 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Earth Power
    - Giga Drain
    - Heal Bell
    - Recover
    Bulky Special sweeper
    Normally you could add more hp and take away more speed but from experience i know several pokemon that can out speed celebi and OHKO it.

Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    First off, happy Bar-Mitzvah Serebii!
    Anyway, on to Celebi. Celebi is a pretty diverse pokemon. With a massive movepool and great stats overall, you can do just about anything. It has a nice ability, Natural Cure, which lets it sponge up statuses. Honestly, just do whatever you want with Celebi.

Natural Cure: Heals status when you switch out. It's very nice.

Though I constantly appear in different time lines, I'm usually quite calm.
    -Calm Mind
    -Psychic
    -Energy Ball/Giga Drain
    -Hidden Power Fire/Ice
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs and Nature: Modest (+Sp. Atk, -Atk)
    200 Hp/252 Sp. Atk/56 Spd
    Celebi's most common set out there, and there's certainly a reason for it. Calm Mind is to boost your Special Attack and Special Defense, making you decently bulky and really freaking strong. Psychic is very reliable STAB. Energy Ball is if you want the slight boost in power, but Giga Drain is recommended for the extra life-span. Hidden Power Fire is used more often for those other Grass types and those pesky Steel types, but Hidden Power Ice is nice for the every-present Dragons. The EVs are for bulk, but the Speed EVs are nice to outspeed some pokemon.

FIRE THE TIME BOMB
    -Leaf Storm
    -Psychic
    -Hidden Power Fire/Ice
    -U-Turn/Shadow Ball
    Item: Choice Specs
    EVs and Nature: Modest (+Sp. Atk, -Atk)
    252 Sp. Atk/252 Spd
    This set is purely to hit as hard as you can. Celebi has unique coverage with Psychic and Grass STAB, and there are few other Grass types in OU in general. Leaf Storm is to leave large dents around a team (though Grass isn't great offensive coverage). Psychic is also STAB. Hidden Power is for the same reason as before. Shadow Ball is for extra coverage, but U-Turn is nice for scouting. You can also change the EVs and Nature slightly to make it a Choice Scarf set.

Wat a sec... Two hands, a big head... I CAN PUNCH PEOPLE!
    -Zen Headbutt
    -Seed Bomb
    -Sucker Punch
    -U-Turn
    Item: Choice Band/Life Orb
    EVs and Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -Sp. Atk)
    252 Ak/252 Spd
    Though this set is rarely seen, it can be pretty efficient. STAB coverage, Sucker Punch to take down Gengar and the Lati twins, and U-Turn to get out of a bad situation. Simple, yet elegant.

I can heal people, too
    -Giga Drain
    -Heal Bell
    -Leech Seed
    -Protect
    Item: Leftovers
    EVs and Nature: Calm (+Sp. Def, -Atk)
    252 Hp/4 Def/252 Sp. Def
    This set is kind of a nuisance to go against. Leech Seed is to stall bit, Heal Bell to act as a cleric, and Protect to help with the stall. Giga Drain is to stop being Taunt bait and help with the healing.

Other Options
    Swords Dance can be incorporated into the Choice Band set to start a potential sweep.
    Thunder Wave can be used to cripple opponents.
    Perish Song can do... Something, I guess. Be creative with it.

Partners
    You want someone to take out Dragons and Heatran. Mamoswine works perfectly to fit these roles. You also want a good Grass counter. So Mamo again. Frankly, Mamoswine is the best partner for Celebi in general. You may also want Heatran, who can take Fire hits and take down Genesect, who walls and destroys Celebi.

Countering Celebi
    Heatran counters every single Celebi set out there. Mamo can do well to counter Celebi, as well as defend it. Unless Celebi is running Hidden Power Ice (which most don't), Latios can take Celebi down fairly easily. Also, now that Genesect is so common, he is a major threat to Celebi. As diverse as Celebi is, Grass just isn't that great of a type offensively, and with Ice and Fire being common move types, it isn't that great defensively either.

LOL didn't think about Bar Mitzvah..
    Just a note.. Giga Drain is 99% of the time better than energy ball recovery is always a good thing specially on a CM set..
    not sure if celebi should use CM though nasty plot gives much more power and celebi have lots of counters..

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    LOL didn't think about Bar Mitzvah..
    Just a note.. Giga Drain is 99% of the time better than energy ball recovery is always a good thing specially on a CM set..
    not sure if celebi should use CM though nasty plot gives much more power and celebi have lots of counters..
    Well yeah, but some people may want the extra power. Giga Drain is definitely better imo.
    And I didn't realize it had NP. I haven't encountered that many Celebis as of late tbh.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

WALLEBI
    Pokemon: Celebi
    Nature: Modest/Timid
    Item: Light Clay
    Moves:
    -Giga Drain
    -Light Screen
    -Reflect
    -Recover

This Celebi set the two walls Light Screen and Reflect to raise both defences and the I can switch in another pokemon, after that i can start sweeping or i can go for the recover if i am weak after setting th walls or the main move, Giga Drain for recover some HP and with this move i am not a taunt bait. With the Light Clay the walss stay longer.
    This are my female pokemon with the Dream World Ability:
    If you want one of this pokemons send me a private message.Tell me what do you offer or what do you want.
        Spoiler:- DW Females:

FC: 1593 5500 2865

Make It Nasty:

Celebi @ Leftovers
    Natural Cure
    Modest Nature; 202 Sp. Attack, 128 Def, 128 Sp. Def, 50 Speed
    Role: Setup sweeper
    -Nasty Plot
    -Leaf Storm/Giga Drain
    -Psyshock
    -Earth Power

Nasty Plot raises your Sp. Attack two stages, putting you in a good position to sweep. Leaf Storm is there if you want sheer power, though it will decrease your Sp. Attack two stages, meaning that you lose the boost given by Nasty Plot. Giga Drain is good if you need to recover some HP after taking a hit while Nasty Plotting. Psyshock targets the foes Defense stat, which is good if your opponent sends out a Special wall. Lastly, Earth Power is to take out Steel-types like Heatran, Ferrothorn, or even Scizor.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    Make It Nasty:

Celebi @ Leftovers
    Natural Cure
    Modest Nature; 202 Sp. Attack, 128 Def, 128 Sp. Def, 50 Speed
    Role: Setup sweeper
    -Nasty Plot
    -Leaf Storm/Giga Drain
    -Psyshock
    -Earth Power

Nasty Plot raises your Sp. Attack two stages, putting you in a good position to sweep. Leaf Storm is there if you want sheer power, though it will decrease your Sp. Attack two stages, meaning that you lose the boost given by Nasty Plot. Giga Drain is good if you need to recover some HP after taking a hit while Nasty Plotting. Psyshock targets the foes Defense stat, which is good if your opponent sends out a Special wall. Lastly, Earth Power is to take out Steel-types like Heatran, Ferrothorn, or even Scizor.
    Celebi doesn't get Psyshock. It would be nice though!

Counters
    Counters are rare, but checks and annoyances are quite common. While uncommon, Liquid Ooze Tentacruel can put a nasty taste in Celebi's mouth if it uses Giga Drain and/or Leech Seed. However, 'cruel can't last long against Grass Neutrality and a Psychic Weakness, even with its Sp.Def (especially if you face the semi-rare Physical Celebi).

Grass Types enjoy immunity to Leech Seed, but Celebi has access to Bug Type Moves and Psychic still packs a huge punch on the non-Dark Types. Dark Types that aren't Grass Types still fear Bug Type Moves as well, but there are a few notables with Speed Advantages that can wreak some havoc first - Weavile, Darkrai, Liepard, and Zoroark. Darkrai discourages Rest, Weavile has Type advantages with both STABs, Zoroark can fool the opponent into using a less favorable Move, and Liepard has access to U-Turn, Foul Play, and Prankster Ability.
    Ever see a Corsola 1-shot an Uber? Arceus bless Pokemon Stadium 2...
    WARNING: Strong profanity and extreme hilarity in this video. Viewer discretion and pointing-and-laughing advised.

Counters
    First off, without hp fire, Scizor and genesect can be a pain, with Bug bite and bug buzz respectivley. many celebi seem to be sp defensive, so genesect could pull of a download boosted, u-turn. Magic bounce users are good against stall variants of the time travelling pixie, so that means breaking out espeon and xatu. (The only experience here was with my CM Xatu, and heat wave KOed it after a few CMs). Abomnasnow can ruin celebi, that doesn't use HP fire, as it resists leech seed, and comes back with STAB Blizzard.

Oh and one last message: Happy birthday Serebii.net!

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    @leftovers
    252 HP, 252 speed, 4 defense/ 80 speed, 176 sp.attack, 252 speed
    Timid
    Natural Cure
    -Recover
    -HP fire/Giga Drain
    -Leech Seed
    -Giga Drain/Subtitute

At the bold, do you meen: 80 HP, 176 sp Attack, 252 speed
    Last edited by philzone; 18th October 2012 at 5:07 PM.
    All Hail Goomy

Tank:
    Celebi
    @Leftovers
    Modest
    4 Spec. Defense/252 Spec. Attack/252 HP
    Nasty Plot
    Substitute
    Leaf Storm
    HP Fire
    Last edited by GreekAnalyzer; 20th October 2012 at 4:02 PM.
    I play Minecraft under the Same Username
    Romney 2012! Copy and paste this into your sig if you agree!
    73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy this in your signature.

Credit to Mochi10 for the Team Pose
    Started by jesusfreak94:
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Notable moves:
    -Nasty Plot: the pre-BW event move, and a great one. +2 Sp.Attack = fun.
    -Giga Drain: was vastly improved this generation, and can even possibly replace Recover on some sets, depending on the team
    -Earth Power: hits Heatran, Metagross, and many other Pokemons that Celebii's STABs don't hit for at least normal damage
    -Baton Pass: given Celebi's bulk and it's choices between Calm Mind, Nasty Plot and Sword Dance, it's usable
    -Psychic: it's best psychic STAB. Shame it never got PsyShock, though
    -Leech Seed: great for defensive sets and team support
    Gen VI Pokedex, here I come!
    Gen V National Pokédex: 649/649

3DS FC: 3239-3604-9829

Quote Originally Posted by philzone View Post
    Counters
    First off, without hp fire, Scizor and genesect can be a pain, with Bug bite and bug buzz respectivley. many celebi seem to be sp defensive, so genesect could pull of a download boosted, u-turn. Magic bounce users are good against stall variants of the time travelling pixie, so that means breaking out espeon and xatu. (The only experience here was with my CM Xatu, and heat wave KOed it after a few CMs). Abomnasnow can ruin celebi, that doesn't use HP fire, as it resists leech seed, and comes back with STAB Blizzard.

Oh and one last message: Happy birthday Serebii.net!

Edit:

At the bold, do you meen: 80 HP, 176 sp Attack, 252 speed
    Yes 80 HP I typed too fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Scizor and Genesect aren't the only Bug/Steel problems for Celebi. Durant can get a massive Bug-Type hit on Celebi with its higher Speed and Escavalier's huge defenses can save it from enough hits to wreck Celebi. However, if there is a Substitute in the way, Celebi can easily stall out their advantages.

Steel Types in general can march through Time's Guardian like an aggressive industrial expansion if Celebi doesn't have Earth Power or HP (Fire) to deal with them or if it's somehow made slower. Heatproof Bronzong + Air Balloon allows you to "manipulate time" with a semi-free Trick Room and let slower than Base 100 Pokemon have a field day with Celebi. Plus, Levitate Bronzong with Trick Room, Imprison, Hidden Power (preferrably Bug Type), and Psychic is a major thorn in Celebi's side when going for a Battle of Attrition with it.
    Ever see a Corsola 1-shot an Uber? Arceus bless Pokemon Stadium 2...
    WARNING: Strong profanity and extreme hilarity in this video. Viewer discretion and pointing-and-laughing advised.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12