Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst Internet Forums?

Default Worst Internet Forums?

Is there a forum you just hate for a specific reason?

Members on there
    Rules
    Etc

One place I know of is CAWS forum for the WWE video games. Nearly every member there has a short fuse and will explode on anyone for no reason. Plus they complain about random stuff a lot.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

serebii and fanbases

Does 9gag count? It's not a forum, but still...
    9gag's rules don't make the site any better. It's community is full of some of the most idiotic children you have ever seen.

Serebii
    Forums
    Dot
    Com

It is quite clear that I have sampled each and every forum out there, and therefore have the correct credentials to rightfully deem the above "The Worst One Ever". This is the truth.
    Last edited by The Eleventh; 14th October 2012 at 8:35 PM.

Activision's Call of Duty forums. They are extremely slow and full of glitches.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Seelöwe View Post
    Activision's Call of Duty forums. They are extremely slow and full of glitches.
    And ya know its a COD forum, 40% of the people there are probably children. Just an assumption, I've never been on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spite View Post
    And ya know its a COD forum, 40% of the people there are probably children.
    Same with this forum.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

From my experience:

-PotD and CE social boards on Gamefaqs.
    -4chan
    -Flat Earth Society

Thanks to Steel Sector Graphics for the userbar and banner!

i kinda dislike the 4kids forum

the SEGA forums are getting a little boring as well
    岩根雅明=♡

Any forums specializing in Nintendo games or other games that kids like, including but not limited to this one.
    99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)
    i spent 10 hours REing for a shiny metagross and now its an event

Quote Originally Posted by iFi Salamander View Post
    -4chan
    Except 4chan isn't a forum.

Oh god, I really wouldn't know. Actually nost of them seem kinda lame after being on serebii...

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by ArmorAndonomon View Post
    Except 4chan isn't a forum.
    Yeah, it technically is a forum...

4chan is an image message board...
    岩根雅明=♡

Ironically, these ones. I always thought they were maybe just a little too strict. Another thing I don't like; the time I decided to get into competitive battling, I found that practically everybody except me used PO (which drove me out about a month later). In the time I've been here, only one other person brought the strictness issue up, and when they did, it got locked by Serebii himself.

(the thread in question)

Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    4chan is an image message board...
    But it's still a forum when stripped down to its basics, IMO...
    3DS FC: 0302-0291-6804

Move along, nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by Seelöwe View Post
    Same with this forum.
    But any young kid who is allowed to play COD or any T or M rated game was probably raised to be a little brat...

Though I'm not sure if you also mean teenagers when you say kid.

4chan, imo. It's really awful there from what I've seen.
    "I want you to make me a stepping stone so everyone can shine…!"

Ice Friend Safari - Snover / Bergmite / Cloyster
    Current and temporary Friend Safari is Grass - Tangela / Swadloon / Maractus

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    lol I don't even go to other forums that often. I kinda just rooted myself here.
    Same but to an extent, I have agree with Rave.

Worst forums have to go to either Funimation or Smogon. Funimation's forums are incredibly slow and unorganized while the people there are just so stupid at times. While at Smogon, the guys there are horrid. I know they specialize in competitive Pokemon battling but you try to suggest something creative and they will shut you down for it hard and fast. Plus, you ask for some reasoning or a heads up on decisions, the jerks still shut you down.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Same but to an extent, I have agree with Rave.

Worst forums have to go to either Funimation or Smogon. Funimation's forums are incredibly slow and unorganized while the people there are just so stupid at times. While at Smogon, the guys there are horrid. I know they specialize in competitive Pokemon battling but you try to suggest something creative and they will shut you down for it hard and fast. Plus, you ask for some reasoning or a heads up on decisions, the jerks still shut you down.
    What did you really expect from a board of elitist snobs who literally dictate the metagame?

Thanks to Steel Sector Graphics for the userbar and banner!

That thread where Serebii popped up proved a bit of a point: It may be a bit strict, but it gets far worse.

I used to lurk on BZPower, which is a Bionicle Discussion forum that is dwindling as we speak due to the whole dead-ness of the franchise and the fact that everyone there grows older by the second.

It was one of my secondary objectives as part of the "News Update" daily homerun that would occur roughly every two weeks when Bionicle was still going. I found the harsh, unwelcoming attitude of a community I thought myself to be a part of both amusing and somewhat depressing. They had an entire chart of things you could get infracted for roughly three average me-posts long, and a Fan-Comics sub-forum that I felt did not live up to the self-professed quality of it's parent website (At least compared to the level of variety one would find here.)

It's what I would call the worst, mainly because I had the time to observe it from beginning to end. As a part of my understanding towards the society of the Internet, it contributed much, but not in the good way.

As far as the worst I don't actually go to but have most certainly heard about, I hear Bulbapedia got bought out by a company or something.

Creating sentience is simple. Accepting it, however, is harder than it looks.

I find smogon forums much like a dictatorship. They delete any post that doesn't fit their view. Not to mention how seriously they take pokemon. I like pokemon, it's fun, but it's not a way of life.

About 8 years ago, I was in this Hi-5 forum, I was a mod there, I was stupid (I was 12, okay?!) and made MY friend a mod XP and I got banned LOL and kept coming back there XD Well I eventually left coz I was bored XD hehe, nya~

Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    i kinda dislike the 4kids forum
    o_o I forgot 4KIDS has a forum...

I don't go on a lot of forums, honestly. Serebii is really the only active forum I use, and I do enjoy this place. I have been on a few, but I don't like them, nor do I hate them. I just found them dull and uninteresting. (Yes, even the TGWTG forums.) Therefore, I don't know what forums are the worst out there. I just go by what other people say, since I know I'm not going to the forums anyway just because I can't bring myself to.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Bulbagarden is annoying sometimes to me. The Mods will take stuff too seriously. It's like they don't know what sarcasm is.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast