Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst Internet Forums?

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Bulbagarden is annoying sometimes to me.
    Ah yeah, the sig rules there sucks Pokeballs :/ I quitted there when they gave me a warning coz my sig was a line huge o_O nya~

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Bulbagarden is annoying sometimes to me. The Mods will take stuff too seriously. It's like they don't know what sarcasm is.
    Ditto on that. Maybe it's just because of the fact that it seemed seriously disorganized to me after frequenting Serebii, but the mods over there make the mods here seem like cuddly kittens.

I have some problems with bulbagarden forums, mainly because some of the moderators takes their "job" too serious.
    Specially the one of the mods of the anime sub-forum. I have a some infractions there...

That being said, I must say that bulbagarden is way more organized than serebii and actually prefer some sub-forums on there than some from here...
    "Pokémon World", "Contest Hall" and "Fun & Games" are some of the sub-forums I spend my time on there.

Besides bulbagarden, I don't like the osu! forum, the people on there are too immature and biased.

GaiaOnline.

Worst forum known to man.

From what I'm seeing, Serebii forums is the only Pokemon based forum that doesn't suck.

I've only really been active on one other forum; Bungie.net. I loved how they set things up, and they allowed you to make separate groups that were almost like your own personal forums within a forum. Serebii pales in comparison to Bungie.net. Especially since it was made using all of Bungie's Halo money

But my most hated forum is 4chan. I found it to be incredibly unoraganized and near impossible to follow. No to mention the content within was complete garbage anyway. And I can't even access it at school because it's blocked for "adult imagery".

Bulbgarden and Smogon IMO

I only am on three forums, technically: Serebii, Gamefaqs, and Fur Affinity Forums. When it all comes down to it, I'd say GameFAQs is the worse, though I like it. A lot of the regulars, though, can be a little dislikeable, even if there are some half-decent people on there. Next up would be FAF, because though it's a cool forum, it gets a bit boring.
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

I have claimed Pyroar!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    I have some problems with bulbagarden forums, mainly because some of the moderators takes their "job" too serious.
    Specially the one of the mods of the anime sub-forum. I have a some infractions there...

That being said, I must say that bulbagarden is way more organized than serebii and actually prefer some sub-forums on there than some from here...
    "Pokémon World", "Contest Hall" and "Fun & Games" are some of the sub-forums I spend my time on there.
    I agree with you on that first paragraph. They must be really into it if the head admin himself (Archaic) comes down to mock anyone who isn't a PokéShipper.

I don't really like how BMGf has these ridiculous names for everything, unlike SPPf, where the names of the sections are much more to-the-point. (Also, the maintenance RPG section is atrocious. They have something like five sub-sections, yet not one of those RPGs have a decent plot, and they come nowhere near the standards of SPPf. The RP mods would probably shut down the whole place if they saw it. But that's just my opinion.)

Quote Originally Posted by BNator92 View Post
    GaiaOnline.

I'll second that

Quote Originally Posted by Earth Wolf-Howl View Post
    I only am on three forums, technically: Serebii, Gamefaqs, and Fur Affinity Forums. When it all comes down to it, I'd say GameFAQs is the worse, though I like it. A lot of the regulars, though, can be a little dislikeable, even if there are some half-decent people on there. Next up would be FAF, because though it's a cool forum, it gets a bit boring.
    Seriously, FA? I'm just don't even....

Quote Originally Posted by Klizcool View Post
    From what I'm seeing, Serebii forums is the only Pokemon based forum that doesn't suck.

I've only really been active on one other forum; Bungie.net. I loved how they set things up, and they allowed you to make separate groups that were almost like your own personal forums within a forum. Serebii pales in comparison to Bungie.net. Especially since it was made using all of Bungie's Halo money

But my most hated forum is 4chan. I found it to be incredibly unoraganized and near impossible to follow. No to mention the content within was complete garbage anyway. And I can't even access it at school because it's blocked for "adult imagery".
    Never tried Bungie.net but might now. Also 4chan is an Imageboard not a forum. You don't need identity. Think of it as the worst of the internet painting graffiti over some back street wall. That's why it's so disorganised and full of crap.

Tbh I haven't found one I have strong opinions about either way. Serebii will draw me back every couple of months of so but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by BNator92 View Post
    GaiaOnline.

This. But SPP takes a close second. If Tumblr were a forum, that would probably be it.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Lol at the people who hate 4chan.

Lol at the people who say it's a forum.

oh it's a love/hate romance. 'cause i could watch her dance, if i've got my boots.
    credit to Ruby Moon

I forgot to mention gamefaqs. Really, that place sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    I agree with you on that first paragraph. They must be really into it if the head admin himself (Archaic) comes down to mock anyone who isn't a PokéShipper.
    Wait, what? He does that?

If so, that explains why some moderators have such a bad attitude. In fact, besides Kakuna Matata and maybe winstein, I don't know a moderator in there who aren't at least a bit arrogant.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    Wait, what? He does that?

If so, that explains why some moderators have such a bad attitude. In fact, besides Kakuna Matata and maybe winstein, I don't know a moderator in there who aren't at least a bit arrogant.
    Oh, yeah, he does. Well, not exactly "mock everyone", but in the similar vein. Just check out the Shippers' Paradise.

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    Oh, yeah, he does. Well, not exactly "mock everyone", but in the similar vein. Just check out the Shippers' Paradise.
    I am gonna do it.

Lol, I didn't even know he really posted on there.
    I thought he was the kind of admin who only likes to create rules and observe the forums.

Bulbagarden is a little boring but I swing there just to post fanfiction. I kinda go to the shipping section to but just to lurk since most of the parings I support aren't popular. The site itself is becoming like facebook.

I did forget to mention that I'm not too big on Sonic Stadium. I mean cool forum, cool discussions but the members there can get a little old school on you if someone knew that I meant. Plus it's okay for the mods to have a idgaf personality but there's a fine line between being stern and being a *****...

Pokecommunity is a little boring as well. I don't know but it's not as good as this forum. Maybe this one's more active? Or maybe the other place focuses more on he games itself than here.
    岩根雅明=♡

I signed up to GameFAQs on a whim a couple of months ago. After spending some time there, I can definitively say that 99% of members there are worse than the ones on here. It takes a lot of effort to find posters with some actual sense but they do exist on that site. Somehow.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

I'm not a big forum person. In fact, I've only recently returned to this forum, and even then i don't know how long I'll stick around since unless there's something important I'll usually just read news and post my thoughts.
    Generally I'll respond to the news on Bulbagarden if it's not TCG or tournie related. Even then, I find it quite boring.

My least favourite forum would be the Yugiohcardmaker.net forums; almost always going down due to being overloaded, the administrator rarely comes, and it feels like everyone there is a nasty person trying to pick you apart.
    Pokemon X Version 3DS Friend Code: 5086-1106-1225
    Friend Safari (X) - Poison - Toxicroak, Ariados, Serviper (it sucks I know)

Currently Require: Dex data for All event legends except Phione.

Gamefaqs and IMDB forums are the worst on the internet. You will never find hives of more scum and villainy.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Worst forums have to go to either Funimation or Smogon. Funimation's forums are incredibly slow and unorganized while the people there are just so stupid at times. While at Smogon, the guys there are horrid. I know they specialize in competitive Pokemon battling but you try to suggest something creative and they will shut you down for it hard and fast. Plus, you ask for some reasoning or a heads up on decisions, the jerks still shut you down.
    I lol'd.

Smogon has several different threads and projects designed to encourage creativity. The Underrated Movesets thread explores sets that people know of, but don't use very often. The Creative Movesets thread discusses pretty much any and all creative and viable movesets. It's even on its second run now because the original thread was so busy. The Dark Horse project encourages the use of underused Pokemon, and records anyone who can use their underused Pokemon to good success. It's on its fourth run. The Research Month threads are designed to encourage people to use specific underused Pokemon and discuss their experiences with it. The Research Month threads have even been attributed to phenomena such as Ambipom's high UU usage. As a matter of fact, I'd say that Smogon encourages innovation far more than Serebii's competitive section. Many of our own "creativity" threads are based off of a similar Smogon thread (i.e. Lost Heroes, Research Month, Creative Movesets), and they have no where near the activity of Smogon's threads.

As far as "reasoning on a decision"...dude, just read the threads. During suspect votes, you can see people's reasoning by reading their posts pertaining to it. Whenever the councils vote on decisions, they post each council member's reasoning along with their vote after voting is complete. So if you can't find the reasoning behind a decision, you haven't even looked yet.

Quote Originally Posted by iFi Salamander View Post
    What did you really expect from a board of elitist snobs who literally dictate the metagame?
    I lol'd again.

Sure they have some elitist snobs. So do most forums or sub-forums that specialize in one subject. But not all Smogonites are like that, and trying to state such is nothing more than an irrational generalization. On top of that, of course they act like they dictate their metagames. They designed it, so they sorta have a right to dictate it.

Quote Originally Posted by waffle_x_v View Post
    I find smogon forums much like a dictatorship. They delete any post that doesn't fit their view. Not to mention how seriously they take pokemon. I like pokemon, it's fun, but it's not a way of life.
    I lol'd yet again.

Not only is this completely unsubstantiated (and seriously, how on Earth would you even know which threads were deleted unless you were a staff member there? Not to mention the raw number of threads that have broken their rules and yet remained locked but undeleted), but what exactly does "their view" even mean? Smogon isn't some singular entity, it's a community that bases its decisions on popular vote. Even if most of the community agrees on a particular decision, there are always those that don't. So there's no such thing as "their view".

Don't get me wrong, Smogon's forums are pretty bad sometimes. But if you're going to call them the worst ever, at least have some legitimate reasons and stop making it so painfully obvious that you have no clue what you're talking about. For example, I dislike the fact that so many Smogonites are so hateful towards Serebii, despite the fact that our competitive sections tends to think highly of them and contains many members of their forum as well. Then again, when I read posts like these, I can hardly wonder why.

As far as my pick goes, I haven't visited many forums, but I guess Bulbagarden was the least appealing to me. I agree with a few other people that it's kinda boring at times and even too organized, lol.

To me GameFaqs since it was the first forum I ever went, was crazy :/

Capcom forum no doubt. The whole fanbase there are really divided. Fans dissing older fans or anti fans and the these so called mods are useless as s---.

I'm going to have to say 4chan. Goddamn. I have never seen so many reckless insults and disturbing pictures, ever. Gamefaqs and facebook look like little babies compared to it, and serebiiforums looks like a convent. (facebook is technically not a forum, but it does have communities of pages, so shut it)

but 4chan and facebook aren't forums....
    岩根雅明=♡

Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    but 4chan and facebook aren't forums....
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    An Internet forum, or message board, is an online discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages.[1] They differ from chat rooms in that messages are at least temporarily archived. Also, depending on the access level of a user or the forum set-up, a posted message might need to be approved by a moderator before it becomes visible.

Forums have a specific set of jargon associated with them; e.g. a single conversation is called a "thread".

A discussion forum is hierarchical or tree-like in structure: a forum can contain a number of subforums, each of which may have several topics. Within a forum's topic, each new discussion started is called a thread, and can be replied to by as many people as so wish.

Depending on the forum's settings, users can be anonymous or have to register with the forum and then subsequently log in in order to post messages. On most forums, users do not have to log in to read existing messages.
    1) I already pointed out facebook wasn't a forum, just forum-like in behavior
    2) You were saying what about 4chan not being a forum?

Quote Originally Posted by waffle_x_v View Post
    I find smogon forums much like a dictatorship. They delete any post that doesn't fit their view. Not to mention how seriously they take pokemon. I like pokemon, it's fun, but it's not a way of life.
    "It's not just a game... it's my life."

Quote Originally Posted by Klizcool View Post
    Techincally I have an account on Bungie due to linking my gamertag to Bungie.net to check my stats and stuff but I never wound up using the forums at all. I'm not saying it's bad I just didn't go. Good to hear it's less horrible than I imagined though.

Why would you want to look at 4chan in school anyways? Do you want to be known as the guys looks at anime dicks in class?

Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    This. But SPP takes a close second. If Tumblr were a forum, that would probably be it.
    For sure.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast