Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Worst Internet Forums?

The worst internet forums I've seen are:

- Halomods

- Yahoo answers (if it counts)

- RP forums in fanfiction.net

- Bulbagarden

I'd say Bulbagarden is the worst mainly because the staff is corrupt as ****. They take advantage of their positions to ban whoever believes in God and has an opinion that differs from their own.

They also use it as an online political recruitment center. By this, I mean that they support the causes of certain users, let them violate the rules without getting infracted, and in return the bulbagarden staff members think they'll get rewarded with votes for their political party.

So in other words, they're a pack of fascists who take advantage of a Pokemon forum to punish those they disagree with and gain new political supporters.

Overall, I'd say that has some of the worst staff members a Pokemon website has ever seen.

In retrospect, looking at Tumblr, I'd have to say that any forum focused around Adventure Time has to be one of the worst. Also Wreck-It Ralph, but I guess that that's been out a comparatively short amount of time. Yes, I say this despite my great distaste for the communities of first-person shooters, even going to a board about one of those would be better than sitting around an Adventure Time board. But that's another topic.

Quote Originally Posted by SBaby View Post
    Willie Degel said it best when he said that someone who has a good experience will tell up to five people about that experience, while someone who has a negative experience will tell 100 people. This is the way businesses work, and like it or not, a forum is a business. A member is to a forum as a customer is to a store. Want to know why Smogon gets the reputation it gets? This is the reason. If they want to improve their reputation, they need to improve their attitude toward people that give them constructive criticism, and them rationalizing or denying it is not going to make them look any better.
    Basically this.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelrush View Post
    I'd say Bulbagarden is the worst mainly because the staff is corrupt as ****. They take advantage of their positions to ban whoever believes in God and has an opinion that differs from their own.

They also use it as an online political recruitment center. By this, I mean that they support the causes of certain users, let them violate the rules without getting infracted, and in return the bulbagarden staff members think they'll get rewarded with votes for their political party.

So in other words, they're a pack of fascists who take advantage of a Pokemon forum to punish those they disagree with and gain new political supporters.

Overall, I'd say that has some of the worst staff members a Pokemon website has ever seen.
    About halfway through, you stopped making sense. Or maybe they stopped making sense.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Neogaf, the people there are pretty stupid plus the fact that they are a bit closed off.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    About halfway through, you stopped making sense. Or maybe they stopped making sense.
    I'll try to make it easier to understand:

Quote Originally Posted by Hypothetical scenario
    Bulbagarden mod: I'll let you do whatever you want on the forum if you vote for my candidate when you're old enough.

Bulbagarden troll: Really? Okay then!
    ____

That's a hypothetical personification, as these kinds of conversations don't happen, but that's the general idea of how it is. The corrupt mods make themselves look like saints to the users they manipulate for personal gain.

This forum is terrible.

But seriously, 4chan.

I'll try to make it easier to understand:

That's a hypothetical personification, as these kinds of conversations don't happen, but that's the general idea of how it is. The corrupt mods make themselves look like saints to the users they manipulate for personal gain.
    So basically, they're complete ******* liberals? Because the "ban anyone who believes in God" sounds like militant atheism, which is the ground of liberals who don't understand what liberalism is.

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Neogaf, the people there are pretty stupid plus the fact that they are a bit closed off.
    I'm pretty sure any forum that Steve Bovis was ever a member of couldn't possibly have much intelligent content to its name, assuming that that was indeed one of the boards Bovis went on. (For those not in the know, Steve Bovis is one of the people behind one of the most famous cases of plagiarism in the history of video games.)
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

XBox.com used to be fricken awesome, but they did an entire layout change sometime earlier in the year.. or last year.. I forget which.. and they made it horrible. the layout made no sense and it was so hard to find everything afterwards.

I stopped going after that. But it's okay 'cause someone from it made a new one that a bunch of us go to !

Roblox Forums. Just... OMG I don't even want to talk about it. *Bursts into tears*

As other people have mentioned youtube comments in general are awful, just plain awful.

As for my limited experience, the sports forum(s) I were apart of were kind of bad. It started off small, we changed sites as we gained members. There were trolls/a-holes but that's how things go. One guy threatened to kill my pregnant girlfriend and eat my unborn child after making a Beastie Boys reference. Then for no real reason, massive forum wide fights would happen every month, and mods either took sides or stepped in way too late. Eventually the admins announced that the site will be merging with a bigger forum, and surprise, it sparked another fight. A few short months (I couldn't log on during that time for some reason) later they unmerged. Any guesses as to why? Yup, more fights. So I found my way here and stayed. The forum has since gone through 3 more site changes.

TL;DR Cool story brotato.
    Last edited by PKMN Trainer Rex; 14th November 2012 at 8:35 AM. Reason: Steamlined my boring story
    Well met, friend! This is my signature.

I don't even spend much time outside of the games forum on Bmgf and I can tell that this is so hilariously untrue it hurts. At the absolute best, a section of members is like that. Most not being staff.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

IGN comment sections.

Bulbagarden.

I quit less than a week after joining cos the mods were way too tough.

The mods on Bulbagarden are indeed awful. A shame, because the forum itself looks really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    The mods on Bulbagarden are indeed awful. A shame, because the forum itself looks really good.
    Awful is putting it rather lightly. I would put a description of just how terrible they are right here, although the mods might infract me for doing so.

:P

However, I don't think there's any word strong enough to display just how scummy the bulbagarden moderators are. And the bulbagarden administrator (I won't show her name here), she is by far the most worthless piece of **** I've ever seen on a Pokemon forum.
    Last edited by Steelrush; 17th November 2012 at 11:36 PM.

Awful is putting it rather lightly. I would put a description of just how terrible they are right here, although the mods might infract me for doing so.

:P

However, I don't think there's any word strong enough to display just how scummy the bulbagarden moderators are. And the bulbagarden administrator (I won't show her name here), she is by far the most worthless piece of **** I've ever seen on a Pokemon forum.
    Out of curiosity, what are the moderators you are referring to? Or do you mean all of them? You don't need to post here, you can PM if you want.
    Because I kinda agree with you, most moderators in there are scumbags, but there are one or two which aren't that bad (and they are 'new' mods, maybe that is the reason).

The older bulbagarden mods were always worst...

The Warrior Cats fourm, that place is full of trolls and people who bash against something others like out of the blue, and then don't get banned for it, even though it is against the rules. I don't even go on there that much anymore its that bad. -.-
    Thanks Chapter of Charizard for the userbar

ironically, this entire forum

everyone takes themselves too seriously basically everywhere except for misc polls, and the only subforum that's actually structured to be super serious (the debate forum) is a cesspool of children trying to debate about politics, politicians, and people like biglutz who don't understand that "stubbornly cling to my point of view even after basically everything reputable says i'm wrong" is a good way to troll and not a good way to debate

also by extension, bulbagarden, since i'm pretty sure biglutz is actually a mod there.
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

Virtually any Sonic or My Little Pony forum will do, given the large amount of trolls, purist fans, and people who complain about changes.

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!

If you badly want the Team Plasma episodes to air soon, please put this in your signature.

Most internet forums are either dead or have several factions that fight among each other. But then there's another level of forums that are really awful because of their hateful and racist purpose. And are just plain ignorant, beyond anything you could ever find even in serebii.

These are forums like stormfront, vnnforum, chimpout forums, and freerepublic which are just cesspools of the worst things mankind has to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterge77 View Post
    Virtually any Sonic or My Little Pony forum will do, given the large amount of trolls, purist fans, and people who complain about changes.
    But... It is impossible to not complain about the changes they did in the Sonic franchise. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Masterge77 View Post
    You'll find those three kinds of people in every fandom.

Credit to ~BrightStarVictory~ for the banner

I'd have to say PI Forums.

Because the mods there are just horrible. A) They are to lax and b) they don't give proper warnings and explanations as to keep people from going off the deep end.

I have claimed Quagsire the king of the marsh!!!

I think I managed to find a forum just as bad, if not worse, than PTCGO: the Gameloft Forums. The mods let spam run rampant, and all they ever do are post the same response when people need help with something (directing them to Gameloft Support, which isn't good either) and edit posts to censor them. *facepalm*
    3DS FC: 0302-0291-6804

Move along, nothing to see here.

this one

seriously i can't even post cussies what is this

lolno actually i'd have to say failblog and 9gag (not technically forums but a very similar thing so it counts, stfu), especially the former since they changed the layout and a ton of muggles left cuz they were butthurt

9gag purely because of the ghetto trash on the vote page and the constant reposts, although occasionally something genuinely clever gets to the hot or trending pages and i can enjoy them

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast