Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Halo Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Advocate View Post
    That started off interesting, but went down the toilet real fast.

I'm hoping they pull a Search for Spock type deal. The Coratana hallucinations in Halo 3 had to have been caused by something, like a tiny bit of herself imprinted into the Chief's brain. Maybe Chief goes rogue to bust Halsey out of ONI-prison so he can get her to bring Cortana back, without having to make a clone that won't be the same.
    I know right?

You've got about the same idea I do when it comes to how I think that situation would go. The thing is if Master Chief goes rogue what would be done for the enemy design? Humans are too boring and I don't know if they would reuse the same enemies from Halo 4. Then again...

I hope the Didact comes back, and the lore kind of hints at it. I loved his look in Halo 4 and felt he was too short lived.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    I know right?

You've got about the same idea I do when it comes to how I think that situation would go. The thing is if Master Chief goes rogue what would be done for the enemy design? Humans are too boring and I don't know if they would reuse the same enemies from Halo 4. Then again...

I hope the Didact comes back, and the lore kind of hints at it. I loved his look in Halo 4 and felt he was too short lived.
    We could still fight Covenant and Prometheans, and maybe even the Flood because they were never truly defeated. As for humans as enemies, I think it'd only if their AI was improved, and if it were like it is in Dead Space 3, where they weren't as frequent as the other enemies, and when they do appear they're a major pain.

The Didact has to come back. He's such a great villain, almost like a contrast to Truth. And because he had some kind of telepathic powers, it's possible he has some other abilities that allow him to survive for extended periods in hostile environments.

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Advocate View Post
    We could still fight Covenant and Prometheans, and maybe even the Flood because they were never truly defeated.
    I would not mind the Flood coming back, but I know I'm the minority on this.

I think they're well designed. There's the typical cannon fodder type but the smaller spore ones can infect corpses and bring hostiles back to life if they're not taken care of. Then there's the carriers that you need to destroy from a distance and the transforming ones in Halo 3. This kind of thing isn't found in many other shooters and think most of the discontent towards them is due to the levels they show up in (The Library, Cortana etc.).

It's obvious they've been absent from ODST, Reach and Halo 4 because of the backlash but I want them to make a comeback.

I would not mind the Flood coming back, but I know I'm the minority on this.

I think they're well designed. There's the typical cannon fodder type but the smaller spore ones can infect corpses and bring hostiles back to life if they're not taken care of. Then there's the carriers that you need to destroy from a distance and the transforming ones in Halo 3. This kind of thing isn't found in many other shooters and think most of the discontent towards them is due to the levels they show up in (The Library, Cortana etc.).

It's obvious they've been absent from ODST, Reach and Halo 4 because of the backlash but I want them to make a comeback.
    They need to make a comeback. They provided a challenge, especially in Halo 2, that the Covenant didn't. And I'm always open to new Flood strains being introduced.

I'm not closed to the possibility of the Flood returning - particularly given the hints about their origins in some of the books - but after their constant presence in the original trilogy (and the horribly repetitive levels they've become infamous for) I'd want it to be done in a very specific way, like if it was a test of humanity's ability to take the Mantle or something.

I definitely think the Didact will be returning - it would seem very strange if what happened to him in 4 was enough to kill him off. Especially since Spartan Ops stated there are indeed many other Forerunner installations, aside from the Halo Array, left in the galaxy he probably could have teleported to or something.

I wouldn't mind the concept of Chief joining the remnants of the Covenant Separatists against the Storm Covenant and the Forerunners - though I think it would need to be done in a good way, like the Sangelli home world being attacked by the Storm Covenant as well as Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Night_Walker View Post
    I wouldn't mind the concept of Chief joining the remnants of the Covenant Separatists against the Storm Covenant and the Forerunners - though I think it would need to be done in a good way, like the Sangelli home world being attacked by the Storm Covenant as well as Earth.
    This. I wouldn't mind this.

My friend and I were discussing Halo 5 back when 4 came out. Best way to possibly end it: Arbiter shows up. "Were it so easy." CREDITS.

Better cliffhanger than Halo 2.

Halo announced. Not Halo 5. Looks like Halo 5. Called Halo. So confused.
    I think it was more them just showing that Halo will be on Xbox One (though I don't know why they had to; it's a given), rather than a Halo 5 reveal, though it sure did look like a reveal.
    Last edited by Dread Advocate; 10th June 2013 at 7:37 PM.

Amazing teaser.

If I didn't watch the video with 'Halo 5' on the video caption, i'd have never guessed it was Chief under that cloak.

Can't wait, although i'm torn on whether to get an Xbox One JUST for this game now...

I'd rather have Halo '5' on 360. Though that machine that rises like a phoenix is amazing and from the look of it, it has the technology of the forerunner.

<Made by Flame Haze SnS>
    ~Reincarnated from Dark Absol to Flame Haze SnS~
    To become a Flame Haze, one must be a vessel for the Lord of the Crimson Realm
    Anime Character Bishie: Shana from Shakugan no Shana
    Currently playing: Hyrule Warriors (Wii U) and Destiny (X-Box 360 S)

A simply beautiful trailer (both visually and emotionally - with Chief looking down at Cortana's old memory unit resolutely as the Forerunner machine emerges).

Hopefully Halo can deliver that kind of graphical experience and keep the central story of Chief and Cortana going in a moving meaningful way.

Quote Originally Posted by Night_Walker View Post
    A simply beautiful trailer (both visually and emotionally - with Chief looking down at Cortana's old memory unit resolutely as the Forerunner machine emerges).

Hopefully Halo can deliver that kind of graphical experience and keep the central story of Chief and Cortana going in a moving meaningful way.
    Agreed it looked amazing, and I actually felt an emotional chill when he looked at Cortana's unit with the piano playing in the background.

The moment Chief looks up and the camera zooms on his face before cutting to black was extremely effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Agreed it looked amazing, and I actually felt an emotional chill when he looked at Cortana's unit with the piano playing in the background.

The moment Chief looks up and the camera zooms on his face before cutting to black was extremely effective.
    It's really impressive how the series has managed to give so much life and reliably to Chief given he's almost always in that helmet.

Here's some pretty interesting theories for Halo 5. Spoiler warning for those who haven't read some of the Expanded Universe material or played all the SpartanOps missions.

So I just joined serebii. Good to see that this thread is dead lol

Aren't you just a f***ing ray of sunshine

Anyways. Anybody have any suggestions on new weapon load out combos? I have unlimited sprint, and fast reloading, with Prometheus vision, (has a good effect of you can get it just right to use) just wanting to try new load outs!
    White friend code: 0347 5916 2191
    Black 2 friend code: 0820 1802 1694

I'm starting to think that the new Halo is going to be a spin-off instead of a sequel. If it was going to be a sequel, they would have called it "Halo 5" in the teaser. The omission of the "5" makes it questionable. In addition, 343i announced that they have decided to turn the trilogy into a saga. Maybe, a spin-off with just Master Chief and Cortana only. Here's what happens.

Master Chief decides to go on a quest to search for Cortana's lost digital soul, which leads him to the desert. He meets up with a Forerunner god who has the power to restore digital life to the way it was. However, the only way he would grant this is if Master Chief beats it in a duel. The god overwhelms Master Chief until Arbiter shows up to assist John by delivering a critical blow to its head. Master Chief wins. Then, all is good. Cortana comes back with a more ideal figure. They return to Earth, and the story continues in Halo 5.

Credit: KimKutThroat

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

It is certainly possible that there's a spin off title in the works and so 343I left themselves an out for the game to not be Halo 5 but I personally don't read a lot into the lack of "5" in the title.

I thought it was an ad for the Halo tv show personally. But a spinoff would be cool (as long as it's for 360)
    THIS IS FOR MY NINTENDO 3DS HANDHELD SYSTEM 2664-2984-6619
    THIS IS FOR MY POKEMON WHITE VIDEO GAME Mike-0218-6703-3716

Quote Originally Posted by the3rdH0kage View Post
    I thought it was an ad for the Halo tv show personally. But a spinoff would be cool (as long as it's for 360)
    They confused it by talking about a TV show at the same time.

Nope, sorry it's "Halo on Xbox One".

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314