Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Halo Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Feraligatr View Post
    The Prometheans are the highest-tiered Forerunner warriors.
    Yes that is correct. But I think that these Prometheans were the ones that The Didact took with him to Requiem either before or after activating the rings. Although I think that he might have been banished for activating the rings and took his troops with him. This last theory might not be true, I'm probably thinking of Menedict Bias.

I wanna go back and say how much I love ODST. Definitely one of the, if not the strongest campaign in the series.

Sorry! My grandma passed away the other day, so been inactive anyways, Sorry, I read a bunch of articles saying the new enemy was called the Mantis. I guess I believed it cause it looks like a mantis, well a little bit. And Charizard, I only used ODST for firefight with my little bro., Campaign didn't interest me.
    White friend code: 0347 5916 2191
    Black 2 friend code: 0820 1802 1694

Quote Originally Posted by ImAnOKIE12 View Post
    Sorry! My grandma passed away the other day, so been inactive anyways,
    It's not like the thread's going to die without you for three days, no need to apologize. And my condolences.

And Charizard, I only used ODST for firefight with my little bro., Campaign didn't interest me.
    You should play it, just marathon it in a day like I did. It's a very fun ride.

I love the start of ODST when you drop down in the pod, I don't know why, I just think it's neat.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

You know, I haven't played ODST yet. When it came out, I was still deep into Halo 3 and I didn't need to lose myself in two games at once. Not only that, but the idea of playing as an ODST marine seemed stupid. I got the feeling that it would be one of those auto-healing things like in Call of Duty. But over time, I started hearing some pretty god things about the game, and now I kinda regret not getting it. I still don't have mainly because by the time I got up to get it, Reach was already out. I also want to get the Halo Anniversery edition, but I don't see the point since its probably just the same game as Combat Evolved, just with better graphics.

If you haven't noticed yet, I'm a Halo traditionalist from Bungie.net forums who developed an addiction to Pokemon on the side :P

Quote Originally Posted by Klizcool View Post
    When it came out, I was still deep into Halo 3 and I didn't need to lose myself in two games at once.
    Were you really that deep into it? ODST came with all the maps on a separate multiplayer disc including the last three Halo 3 maps to be released. Halo 3 and ODST's campaigns aren't that long either so I don't really see them as being that deep.

I got the feeling that it would be one of those auto-healing things like in Call of Duty.
    Halo 3 had recharging shields. In ODST there were recharging shields but they were weaker and you needed health packs to recover any health lost after your shields broke. This system was similar to Combat Evolved's and was used in every Halo game since ODST (Reach and Anniversary).

I also want to get the Halo Anniversery edition, but I don't see the point since its probably just the same game as Combat Evolved, just with better graphics.
    There's no "probably" about it. It's the exact same game.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Were you really that deep into it?
    well, that, and my 360 broke and it took me a long time to fix it. Yes. Instead of getting a new Xbox. I wasted time fixing it. Still have the old disk drive too.

Quote Originally Posted by Klizcool View Post
    well, that, and my 360 broke and it took me a long time to fix it. Yes. Instead of getting a new Xbox. I wasted time fixing it. Still have the old disk drive too.
    Did you ever succeed in fixing it?

Did you ever succeed in fixing it?
    Oh yes. I had to order a new one over eBay. I have the old parts in my drawer because of nostalgia. I guess I wore it out playing too much Halo.

The hardest part about fixing it was trying to figure out what I needed to remove and replace. I'm quite glad that I can use the Xbox again. BTW it's one of the first gen ones. You know, the piece of garbage red ring of death ones?

Anyone else watch Forward Unto Dawn? The acting is terrible, but I find it quite enjoyable otherwise.
    My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    Anyone else watch Forward Unto Dawn? The acting is terrible, but I find it quite enjoyable otherwise.
    I don't think the acting is as bad as you say. For an online sci-fi series it's relatively good, but as, for lack of a better word, cinema in general it is tolerable at best.

I wanna go back and say how much I love ODST. Definitely one of the, if not the strongest campaign in the series.
    The campaign was most certainly the most human, and thus the most relatable. And having Nathan Fillion as a part of the main cast helps too.

Oh crap! That already started!?

Have you watched the live action shorts that they made around Halo 3 (Arms race for example)? Those were slightly good in the acting in my opinion, but they were pretty solid in portraying the scene by properly dressing up the characters and having a working warthog. The love action believe sorts were probably the best made tha I've seen, mostly because the acting was superb.

I love Forward unto dawn! Only seen the first 2 or 3 episodes though. Is there anymore out? And guys..... FIVE MORE DAYS TILL HALO 4.
    White friend code: 0347 5916 2191
    Black 2 friend code: 0820 1802 1694

Quote Originally Posted by ImAnOKIE12 View Post
    I love Forward unto dawn! Only seen the first 2 or 3 episodes though. Is there anymore out? And guys..... FIVE MORE DAYS TILL HALO 4.
    There was one out last Friday, and one more tomorrow.

I think that they're making ten of these or something, hold on, let me just check to be sure....

Nope. They're making five. I guess that's an okay amount. I mean, the don't want t waste money making a huge series that people may not like. Depending on how this series turns out, they might make more. I suggest that they make the Halo Movie that we were promised. Just think, if the economy didn't go to crap, WE WOULD HAVE A HALO MOVIE!!! I think. Or did PeterJackson run out of money? Hmm...

I'm not. Well, not yet. I think it comes with Halo 4's limited edition so I'm just going to watch it in full then.

I'm not. Well, not yet. I think it comes with Halo 4's limited edition so I'm just going to watch it in full then.
    I believe it's supposed to come with a BD of it yes (could be just DVD though).

IGN have given Halo 4 a 9.8/10.
    My Anime List

I can hardly wait til Nov 6!

The game looks absolutely fantastic.

Campaign:
    ~ Set to run longer than ever before.
    ~ The return of the legendary John-117 and Cortana, with further exploration of who they are as individuals as well as warriors.
    ~ Finally the enigmatic Fore Runners, or at least those who served them, step out of the shadows and into the light.

Spartans Ops:
    ~ Could be really excellent, but I'm still waiting to see whether or not you have to be online to play the missions and if you can play the missions solo.

Multi-Player:
    ~ Tighter and faster game play that's still true to the Halo formula.
    ~ Enhanced customisation.
    ~ Hopefully will have a proper skill match making system as well as the XP ranking system.

Maps and Visuals:
    ~ Looks like a welcome return to a more traditional Halo environment both visually and in terms of the maps (much less open space as there was in Reach).
    ~ The visuals look fantastic overall, not sure just how much further graphics can advance from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Night_Walker View Post
    I can hardly wait til Nov 6!

The game looks absolutely fantastic.

Campaign:
    ~ Set to run longer than ever before.
    ~ The return of the legendary John-117 and Cortana, with further exploration of who they are as individuals as well as warriors.
    ~ Finally the enigmatic Fore Runners, or at least those who served them, step out of the shadows and into the light.

Spartans Ops:
    ~ Could be really excellent, but I'm still waiting to see whether or not you have to be online to play the missions and if you can play the missions solo.

Multi-Player:
    ~ Tighter and faster game play that's still true to the Halo formula.
    ~ Enhanced customisation.
    ~ Hopefully will have a proper skill match making system as well as the XP ranking system.

Maps and Visuals:
    ~ Looks like a welcome return to a more traditional Halo environment both visually and in terms of the maps (much less open space as there was in Reach).
    ~ The visuals look fantastic overall, not sure just how much further graphics can advance from here.
    According to the reviews of halo 4 (which all came out around yesterday), spartan ops is playable solo. :/
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Spartan Ops to me seems like a side story that they made to make the game even more playable. But it seems more like they're toying with different ideas so they can appeal to a wider audience.

I seriously cannot wait three more days. I've been playing all of the campaigns in order, and I beat Cortana a few days ago. I'm saving Halo (Halo 3) for the 6th. All of the reviews just hype me up even more. :3

We have custom avatars, a fantastic staff, and a great community! Join today!
    Say that "DiscoPichu" referred you!
    Credit to zhanton for sig.

Pre-ordered Halo 4 today, then I fount out about the special edition one with the web series on DVD so I ordered it also. And my X-box broke so I guess I should get the Halo x-box too.
    Arcues im going through Minecraft and Master Chief withdraws
    Let the best Planeswalker win

My White Team

Magic the Gathering Decks
    Selesnya Tokens (Standard)
    Boros Humans (Standard)
    Naya Humans (Standard)
    Affinty Artifacts (Legacy)
    Selesnya Humans (Modern)
    Sliver Queen combo (EDH)
    Bolas madness (EDH)

Pokemon Decks
    KyuDon (Kyurem and Groudon)
    The Truth 3.0

"Only the strongest can survive"

"Credit to CandleReaper"

I personally will not be getting Halo 4 because I don't have the money. If I was getting it, you wouldn't see me here for weeks.

I'll just wait for it to show up pre-owned at GameStop. I'm pretty PO'd about it though. I really am hyped up about it. I even have the I Heart Radio station for Halo 4.

Been marathoning all the Halo games this weekend with friends in prep for Halo 4. We beat Anniversary last night, 2, 3, and ODST today. Playing through Reach right now.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast