Thread: Megami Tensei thread

Default Megami Tensei thread

With the recent release of Shin Megami Tensei IV, I thought I'd start a thread on the series.

This is my first main series MegaTen game, though I have played other games in the series such as Persona 4 and Devil Survivor 1. I've been playing through it nonstop and I love it. I finished it on Neutral on my first run, and now I'm going Chaos on NG+.
    On #spp and #spp-wifi as: Revan, Aegislash
    FC: 2621-2733-0166
    IGN: Lautrec

How do you go on the neutral path? I've already done chaos, so I'm going neutral on NG+. I read somewhere that you have to do a lot of side quests, but that seems like an odd way to unlock a neutral path...
    WHITE 2 FC: 0863 4765 6939

Credit goes to Eeveelover824 for the awesome banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Nevmaster View Post
    How do you go on the neutral path? I've already done chaos, so I'm going neutral on NG+. I read somewhere that you have to do a lot of side quests, but that seems like an odd way to unlock a neutral path...
    Here you go.
    Last edited by Artorias; 4th August 2013 at 4:05 AM.

Ah, thanks

I could have sworn we had one, maybe it disappeared, ah well.

Currently, I'm more interested in the Atlus auction than anything else SMT related. I'm hoping that whoever gets it won't screw up the company too horribly (lookin at you Microsoft, EA, ActiBlizz)
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    I could have sworn we had one, maybe it disappeared, ah well.

Currently, I'm more interested in the Atlus auction than anything else SMT related. I'm hoping that whoever gets it won't screw up the company too horribly (lookin at you Microsoft, EA, ActiBlizz)
    Oh my, that's still going on? Though, I'm neutral about ActiBlizz. Haven't heard a lot of complaints about them. If Microsoft or EA got a hold of Atlus...that'd be awful.

I wouldn't be upset if Nintendo got Atlus, though a ton of people would be, since the series itself has a good history on Playstation consoles. My bias is pretty obvious since I don't own many non-Nintendo consoles.

I'll be getting SMT IV soon ($30 of eCredit will be nice), and I plan on trying SMT III and Persona 4. But I still know very little about the series. I want to have a good feel of it by the time FE x SMT is released.

Quote Originally Posted by Whale55 View Post
    I wouldn't be upset if Nintendo got Atlus, though a ton of people would be, since the series itself has a good history on Playstation consoles. My bias is pretty obvious since I don't own many non-Nintendo consoles.

I'll be getting SMT IV soon ($30 of eCredit will be nice), and I plan on trying SMT III and Persona 4. But I still know very little about the series. I want to have a good feel of it by the time FE x SMT is released.
    If you can find it, SMT: Strange Journey is pretty good (at least, I think it is) and it's for the DS, and there's a couple of other SMT titles for the 3DS. Also, the $30 eCredit is one of the big reasons why I bought SMT4 ^^; The other reason being I love the SMT series, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Whale55 View Post

Actually, most of their games have been on Nintendo consoles, ever since the NES. Besides, there haven't been as many Atlus games on the PS3, most of their stuff is on PS1/PS2 in terms of Sony Consoles. Their games don't push boundaries in terms of graphics, but they make up for it in competent voice acting, story and game mechanics.

I also want to see Nintendo pick them up as well, just to watch Sony fanboys rage like everyone did with Bayonetta 2. If you can't tell, I live off of fanboy tears. PERSONA 5 FOR WII U! WOOT!
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

I've played a little bit of Strange Journey, and I picked up SMT IV. So far I'm having a blast with it, though I've only made it to Tokyo.

One question, how long did it take you to beat IV? I've heard people complaining Nocturne was longer.

It took me roughly 25 to 30 hours, I think. It is pretty short, but I've heard that the neutral route tacks on a few more hours.

EDIT: Succesfully on neutral path Don't know why I had to post this, but I felt the need to :P
    Last edited by Nevmaster; 6th August 2013 at 12:12 AM.

Around 55 hours on Neutral.

Also, Clipped Wings 2 is out. Law route confirmed for suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by Artorias View Post
    Around 55 hours on Neutral.

Also, Clipped Wings 2 is out. Law route confirmed for suicide.
    Clipped wings 2 is out?! Yay! (maybe a bit of an over reaction.. )

Defeated five out of seven of the Fiends barring Mother Harlot and David. Does anyone know if the Fiends only spawn after the alignment lock, or at any point in the story?

EDIT: Never mind, I just found out that they can spawn at any point. I'm just unlucky with Trumpeter.
    Last edited by Artorias; 10th August 2013 at 3:50 PM.

What's your guys' favorite alignment in SMTIV?

Without spoiling anything, I'd have to say Neutral>Law>Chaos. Normally I prefer Chaos to Law, but Chaos is pretty bad in this game. >_<

ATLUS isn't actually a company anymore. It's a part of Index, which is what's up for sale. Good news is that Nintendo/Sony/whatever probably won't buy a holdings company. Bad news is that another holdings company will probably buy it, and holdings companies aren't exactly concerned with fans.

This game is awesome. i just got to the Counter-Demon base or whatever it's called. I intended on playing other games in the series first, but this is my first Shin Megami Tensei game. I'll be looking forward to Devil Survivor Overclocked when I'm done with this.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game