Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Halo Discussion Thread

Now, recently I picked up Halo Wars again, and was slightly more happy with it this time. Let me explain why...

When first played Halo Wars, I went in with extremely high expectations. At first, it seemed pretty cool, but the gameplay seemed really limited to me, especially since Halo Wars came in at the height of my "Command and Conquer 3" addiction. Of course, I thought the two games would be similar. Never have I been more wrong. I didn't like how I had to build a base only in one single area. It really annoyed me. Especially how I had to kill some rebels to build a base when I just as easily build somewhere else. Then there was how little buildings I could make. In order to even make the army I want, I need two friggin citadels. Albeit, the Scarabs were quite worth using (kill all the things!), but I had nothing to support them with due to a low population cap. Not to mention when my base is attacked, I only have four measly turrents that aren't even the right class to fight the enemy. Then I need to upgrade my Warthog to put any sort of weaponry on it, Are you kidding me?

Recently when I played it, I found my self slightly more satisfied because I was paying more attention to the detail and how well crafted the game (sorta) was. I still had the same problems, sure, but I must say, it's definetly a pretty game to look at. The units were well made, although the coloring could have been a little less bland, and they seemed pretty well specialized to their classes and factions, except for the Scarab. If your opponent uses a Scarab, give up all hope. The units and abilities also made it really easy to strategize, and the commanding units for the Covenant are definetly worth using. The Rhino and Mantis are really the only vehicles that they added in that were really nice.

All in all, although I did have some problems, I recommend that you guys play this game.

Sprites made by Botchan-MLP

Just really got into playing Halo 4 and I gotta say I love the Support and Tactical options provided along with the ability to always sprint. I like the current loadout system much more than that of Halo Reach.

GodDamnZilla

Lately, I have had the urge to bust out my old Halo 3 game. I wasn't the greatest player but I considered myself pretty good. Anyway, with Halo 4 out I was thinking about picking it up. I LOVED Halo 3 but I very much disliked Halo Reach because it was too CODish to me. I know Halo 4 is similar but I think i'll give it a shot anyway. Maybe, i'll fall in love with Halo all over again.
    Pokemon Black FC - 0476 1815 2250

I have an Arcanine and a Latias fully EV trained. Make me an offer.

Xbox Live Gamertag - Multiple Roundz

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke Monster View Post
    Lately, I have had the urge to bust out my old Halo 3 game. I wasn't the greatest player but I considered myself pretty good. Anyway, with Halo 4 out I was thinking about picking it up. I LOVED Halo 3 but I very much disliked Halo Reach because it was too CODish to me. I know Halo 4 is similar but I think i'll give it a shot anyway. Maybe, i'll fall in love with Halo all over again.
    Halo Reach isn't "CODish".

Halo 4 is. Prepare yourself.

Anyone know how to work the friggin kill boundaries in forge? I got an idea, but I need the boundaries. Like it involves warthogs and mongooses. Basically an arena with holes in the floor and they try to drive each other off, and once they die, they respawn on a platform work explosives, to blow the other guys off. I have everything planned out, except I need a way to keep the players in the vehicles, but the kill boundaries kill the vehicles as soon as they touch them. I mean my friends and I have played without it, as they know the rules, but later on someone will get mad and start getting off and shooting or "noobtoobing" any help is appreciated! (:
    White friend code: 0347 5916 2191
    Black 2 friend code: 0820 1802 1694

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post

Sadly, what he says is the truth. I don't mind it personally, but I can understand why people dislike it. The game feels quite a bit more fast paced, and I like that its fast paced but at the same time you don't die so quickly (comparitive to COD games.). Its just overall more fun to me, not to mention that despite the fact that I miss Firefight...I like how spartan Ops pulls me back to the game. xD

When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Personally I think neither game is "CoDish"

The pace is slower, the action style is distinctly Halo, and most of all it's not unbalanced by invisible booby-traps or death from above.

Let me clarify. What I meant by its Codish was it felt more fast paced then previous games and that's cool when I play Cod but not halo. I recently played halo 4 and I have to admit I really like it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Night_Walker View Post
    Personally I think think either either game is "CoDish"
    Okay, um, what?

I'm gonna guess that you're saying it's not "CODish" given those reasons you posted. I agree that they both have their distinctive styles of course, but Halo 4 adapted a lot from CoD. Sprint always being equipped, Weapons/Upgrade drops based on how well you're doing, Tactical Packages and Support Upgrades to stand in for Perks, Customizable Loadouts, Big flashing XP numbers during battle, these all have a great impact on how multiplayer plays. Of course I'm not saying CoD was the first to have these but being the XBL juggernaut that it is one can only guess that's what 343 looked to to draw in more players.

I'm fine with most of them, Halo kind of needed to step itself up and join the Modern FPS. And I'm glad as Hell that it didn't add aiming down iron sights. Those additions however do make it more like CoD.

Just a better version.

I like the sprinting and the weapon load outs so far. I'm glad they decided to keep every gun the same and not have weapon perks like COD.
    Last edited by Smoke Monster; 23rd January 2013 at 7:53 AM.

Recently, my friends and I did a little test to compare Halo 4 to Black Ops 2. Oh boy, was it fun.

We started with Blops.
    We joined 5 different lobbies and found that half of the people in each one were under 15 and had quite the colorful vocabulary. When killed, the person would either ***** about the their sh*tty connection or call me and my friends f*cking retards. Mature yes. If they score a kill, it is immediately followed with "yessssssssssss", which at first made me look outside for a Creeper. Don't even get me started on rage quits. Tranzit and Zombies were quite mellow to say the least.

I must say that we did, however, meet some pretty cool people too. Of course, these people were adults. They did smack talk, yes, but not at the level that the children did.

After a couple of hours, we switched to Halo 4.
    We only found a couple of youngins on Halo 4. They were quite lucid, mostly because you it's difficult to blame lag in halo. Anyone who did swear profousely was either cool with the party leader, or was kicke from the game. In matchmaking, we found the people to be pretty loud, but at least they weren't wildly inappropriate. The worst we heard that night was about a camper with a Sniper Rifle.

Conclusion- Play whatever you want, but just remember; I you don't like the overuse of the F-Bomb, Play Halo 4.

Sprites made by Botchan-MLP

Haha, isn't call of duty the best?

Now excuse while I wash my mouth out with soap.

I do enjoy playing CoD. but usually just with family or friends, people, or kids, playing CoD are way to serious. It is fun, but to an extent.

I like that Halo has the more game types. Plus the whole forge and filesharing.

My little brother will be playing Black ops 2 on his 360, while I'm playing halo on mine, and if he goes to the bathroom or something, I walk down stairs and say in his mic "Halo 4 is alot better than Black Ops 2." when he gets back, everyone yells at him for saying that. Its so funny to see others team up on him. :3

Quote Originally Posted by ImAnOKIE12 View Post
    I like that Halo has the more game types. Plus the whole forge and filesharing.
    Does Halo 4 filesharing work yet? Like can you search for gametypes and maps and stuff? Because last I checked (a few weeks ago) it still wasn't working.

It works for me. Maybe I'm bias, but I think halo is a superior game minus reach which I didn't care for.

Does Halo 4 filesharing work yet? Like can you search for gametypes and maps and stuff? Because last I checked (a few weeks ago) it still wasn't working.
    Well I said filesharing cause I didn't know what to call it. I think you have to search for the person who submitted the map, and go to their uploads. Then I don't remember what else to do. :/ But I dont think it works.
    If it works for you, Smoke monster, then you Sir are a lucky bastard

I love the new playlist that allows us to play forged maps. So far I've enjoyed every map I've had, its been real fun both in Inifinity Slayer and Capture the Flag.

GodDamnZilla

I wish Team Swat had more maps to play in. It feels like they only pick 3 maps. On a side note, does anybody know if the new map are included in Swat?

Also, I wish the old ranking system was still intact. One of the things that drives me crazy about COD is the fact that different ranked players are in the same game. I liked the way Halo 2-3's matchmaking was.

Also, I wish the old ranking system was still intact. One of the things that drives me crazy about COD is the fact that different ranked players are in the same game. I liked the way Halo 2-3's matchmaking was.
    The lack of a ranking system does seem a bit unfair. I'm only an SR21, and I'm relatively good for someone who doesn't play often, and I was playing against several SR100+ earlier. It was a massacre.

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Advocate View Post
    The lack of a ranking system does seem a bit unfair. I'm only an SR21, and I'm relatively good for someone who doesn't play often, and I was playing against several SR100+ earlier. It was a massacre.
    Agreed, it felt like I picked up right where Halo 3 left off, I was in the high 30's as far as rank. And I was holding my own against SR 60's-100's after less then a week of playhing. But it doesn't seem like an actual rank, just how much points you're accumulating.

Agreed, it felt like I picked up right where Halo 3 left off, I was in the high 30's as far as rank. And I was holding my own against SR 60's-100's after less then a week of playhing. But it doesn't seem like an actual rank, just how much points you're accumulating.
    That's basically what it is. But to me, it's a level of commitment to the game: the higher the level, the more committed you are, and thus the better you most likely will be.

That's basically what it is. But to me, it's a level of commitment to the game: the higher the level, the more committed you are, and thus the better you most likely will be.
    It'll have to do I suppose! I have a question, do you receive any benefits of achieving higher ranks i.e. COD?

It'll have to do I suppose! I have a question, do you receive any benefits of achieving higher ranks i.e. COD?
    As far as I'm concerned, no. I know you get one Spartan point per level up, which you would then use to purchase goodies for your loadouts. The only thing I know that a higher rank unlocks is more armor and emblem customization options.

so what did everyone think of the new spartan Ops? I thought it was quite cool .

"Oh great...I got a map."

When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

As far as I'm concerned, no. I know you get one Spartan point per level up, which you would then use to purchase goodies for your loadouts. The only thing I know that a higher rank unlocks is more armor and emblem customization options.
    It also unlocks more weapons dont it? I love the game, and i lov emy xbox, its the slim, so no red ring of death. But then again, no hard drive, me and my friends like to watch our gameplay when we play with four of us, but since i have trhe slim i cant. And dont sya you can buy a hard drive for it, caus ei have yet to see one.

Being able to use specializations at SR-50 onwards, no?

Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    so what did everyone think of the new spartan Ops? I thought it was quite cool .

"Oh great...I got a map."
    Haven't even got room for it on my crappy, old hard drive for it yet :/

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast