Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: Halo Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkip8003 View Post
    When I first read that I read it as "I would probably take your hair out more a lot." I'm sorry. XD

Also, what do you guys think of the weapon balancing? I personally cannot wait until the BR and Carbine are better, but I really don't want them to screw up my AR. D;
    I believe that each choseable weapon in the load outs are each balanced so that each does have its own strengths and weaknesses. The BR is slightly different in accuracy and power than the DMR, but I think it has a faster firing rate. I personally prefer the BR combined with the AR (Firepower FTW). It's pretty basic, yes. But hey, it works! I guess that they are all trailered door your particular playing style and personal taste.

I prefer the DMR. I love it too much. And plus i hate the BR< no idea why, it just annoys me. but i love the fast reloading, whenever im in a standoff, i usually end up on top cause i reload faster
    White friend code: 0347 5916 2191
    Black 2 friend code: 0820 1802 1694

I have been quite happy with the weapon balancing in Halo 4.

In terms of the precision weapons I think they're overall pretty even but each has it's own particular traits and so different ones suit different people. In MP I personally lean towards the BR for it's overall balance even though the Carbine can fire faster and the other two are overall better sniping weapons. I have to admit while I like the LR as an overall package I don't like how it combines 3 bullets into one for its scoped shots as it feels like it burns through ammo a lot faster.

AHEH HEM.

Halo tv series by 343+Steven Spelburg anyone? Thoughts?

God damnit, I was expecting a game, but this is pretty cool.
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    Halo tv series by 343+Steven Spelburg anyone? Thoughts?

God damnit, I was expecting a game, but this is pretty cool.
    Gotta say it's quite the potential coup for Microsoft given how incredible some of Steven's work has been in the past, but we'll have to wait to see how good a job he's able to do with it.

As far as Halo 5 or some other Halo game goes, I think it's a tad early to be thinking about that given we only got Halo 4 back in Nov.

I can't wait to see if this Halo movie is real or not. I havnt really looked at it much band I didn't hear about the tv show?
    White friend code: 0347 5916 2191
    Black 2 friend code: 0820 1802 1694

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Halo Spartan Assault announced. Top-down twin stick shooter for tablets and Windows 8.

Just like with Halo Wars, I'm not touching this one.
    It has the same birds eye view as Halo Wars, but it isn't the same. That was a strategy game, this is a shooter where you actually move the Spartan around and shoot instead of pointing and clicking everything.

-----

There's a possibility Halo 5 will be announced.

An image was leaked which is likely to be real because of the Halo Spartan assault being on it with a '5' logo (looks like Halo).

-----

So, anybody worried Halo is going to be run into the ground by Microsoft? Bootcamp and Spartan Assault? God knows what else they've got but i'm worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    It has the same birds eye view as Halo Wars, but it isn't the same. That was a strategy game, this is a shooter where you actually move the Spartan around and shoot instead of pointing and clicking everything.
    Read my post more carefully. I'm aware of how both games play.

I'll reiterate since it wasn't apparent enough: Just as I did with Halo Wars, I will not be playing this game.

Read my post more carefully. I'm aware of how both games play.

I'll reiterate since it wasn't apparent enough: Just as I did with Halo Wars, I will not be playing this game.
    Apologies.

I saw it as Just like with Halo Wars... (long break for some reason) - I'm not touching this one.

Figured you thought they was the same style.

So, anybody worried Halo is going to be run into the ground by Microsoft? Bootcamp and Spartan Assault? God knows what else they've got but i'm worried.
    Not really. Don't see any reason why a mobile phone game and some other tie in stuff should suddenly scare us - what matters is how good they turn out to be and if they affect the main series.

Considering the terrible decisions they're making with their new console, I'd say it's a pretty big concern. A shame too, because I think Halo is one of the few good things to come out of the FPS genre in the past decade or so. Or at the very least, Halo doesn't look like every other FPS ever made.

I hope my concerns are put to rest. But it's looking less and less likely with each passing day.
    Last edited by SBaby; 7th June 2013 at 5:46 PM.
    A Winner Is You!!!

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

Quote Originally Posted by SBaby View Post
    Considering the terrible decisions they're making with their new console, I'd say it's a pretty big concern.

I hope my concerns are put to rest. But it's looking less and less likely with each passing day.
    On a personal note: I cannot fully express my utter frustration with everyone who is treating the rumours about the Xbox One as facts before they've been officially and unequivocally confirmed (which will happen in just a couple of days at E3 so... just wait).

Anyhow er back on topic: Please keep the conversation about Halo, express concerns you ave about the franchise in reference to the franchise not MS.

Quote Originally Posted by Night_Walker View Post
    On a personal note: I cannot fully express my utter frustration with everyone who is treating the rumours about the Xbox One as facts before they've been officially and unequivocally confirmed (which will happen in just a couple of days at E3 so... just wait).

Anyhow er back on topic: Please keep the conversation about Halo, express concerns you ave about the franchise in reference to the franchise not MS.
    Did you not read the confirmation of facts that Microsoft put out two days ago or are you just uninformed? There are plenty of solid reasons now for people to be upset with the direction this new console is taking.

And how is discussing the direction Microsoft (the people who now own Halo) is taking with this franchise not relevant to Halo?

I can understand how saying "Considering the terrible decisions they're making with their new console, I'd say it's a pretty big concern." may seem like it's off-topic, but this concern holds weight if you look closely enough. They've seen Microsofts choices to make the Xbox One an "all in one" experience. It's branching out. Movies, TV, Sports, Games, it does everything, blah blah blah. The concern here is that like-minded decisions will affect Halo since it's owned by the same company. It looks like it's already underway too. Halo TV series for Xbox Ones TV. Halo Spartan Assault to push Microsoft tablets and Windows 8. And undeniably Halo 5 for Xbox Ones games. Halo is also branching out and the fear is quality will suffer.

Short version: Microsofts choices for Xbox One might impact Halo which could possibly cause the quality to suffer. A big "if" but not off-topic.

Or at least I hope that's what you meant by your post, right SBaby?

Did you not read the confirmation of facts that Microsoft put out two days ago or are you just uninformed? There are plenty of solid reasons now for people to be upset with the direction this new console is taking.
    No I did not see that, I was under the presumption that MS would wait til E3 to confirm things... but heck I'll still need a little while to go through the jargon to grasp what they're actually saying... And I would still rather wait for E3 when journs can ask MS questions and give us the straight answers.

And how is discussing the direction Microsoft (the people who now own Halo) is taking with this franchise not relevant to Halo?
    Because it's focusing on MS not Halo.

I can understand how saying "Considering the terrible decisions they're making with their new console, I'd say it's a pretty big concern." may seem like it's off-topic, but this concern holds weight if you look closely enough. They've seen Microsofts choices to make the Xbox One an "all in one" experience. It's branching out. Movies, TV, Sports, Games, it does everything, blah blah blah. The concern here is that like-minded decisions will affect Halo since it's owned by the same company. It looks like it's already underway too. Halo TV series for Xbox Ones TV. Halo Spartan Assault to push Microsoft tablets and Windows 8. And undeniably Halo 5 for Xbox Ones games. Halo is also branching out and the fear is quality will suffer.

Short version: Microsofts choices for Xbox One might impact Halo which could possibly cause the quality to suffer. A big "if" but not off-topic.

Or at least I hope that's what you meant by your post, right SBaby?
    Yes I can understand where you're coming from but I just don't see the need to even mention the Xbox One in relation to this topic, surely people can express their concerns about the series losing focus or whatever without mentioning the Xbox One.

No I did not see that, I was under the presumption that MS would wait til E3 to confirm things... but heck I'll still need a little while to go through the jargon to grasp what they're actually saying... And I would still rather wait for E3 when journs can ask MS questions and give us the straight answers.
    I believe Microsoft cancelled their post-conference round table, not allowing anyone to ask any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Advocate View Post
    I believe Microsoft cancelled their post-conference round table, not allowing anyone to ask any questions.

We'll know for sure in just 3 days... Just wait please. I promise I'll open an Xbox One thread before I go to sleep on the 10th (my time, so really it'll be the 9th - I hate living in the wrong part of the world) where you can all go on about it to your heart's content.

Anyhow, Halo.

I don't know if Halo will get too spread out by having a TV series and a tablet/phone game as well as the main series. Personally I'm of the opinion there can't be too much Halo but as ever it will depend on how well it is done and how they're all produced - like if 343 have to be involved with everything then yeah that could risk things.

Because it's focusing on MS not Halo.
    Microsoft owns Halo. It's theirs. They have final say in what happens to it. Focusing on what they do with it is still discussing Halo. Other threads don't restrict conversation from mentioning the owners of games. You can still talk about what Square Enix is doing with Final Fantasy, or what Activision is doing with Call of Duty. Other boards can still talk about what Nintendo is doing with Mario or Pokemon. There should be zero issue with saying "Microsoft isn't handling Halo well lately" besides conflict of opinions.

Yes I can understand where you're coming from but I just don't see the need to even mention the Xbox One in relation to this topic, surely people can express their concerns about the series losing focus or whatever without mentioning the Xbox One.
    They're congruent. Microsoft owns both and they're both branching out. It's a relation, an analogy used to demonstrate their concern.

On that note, the mention of Xbox One shouldn't be considered taboo, nor a red flag for a thread being off-topic. I understand you want people to wait until E3 to pass judgement on the console but there isn't any harm in speculation given the info we have, especially now that there are several facts to discuss. Look at all the speculation going on over here. No problems with it! There wasn't any problem with the console speculation thread from last year right before E3 either.

Microsoft owns Halo. It's theirs. They have final say in what happens to it. Focusing on what they do with it is still discussing Halo. Other threads don't restrict conversation from mentioning the owners of games. You can still talk about what Square Enix is doing with Final Fantasy, or what Activision is doing with Call of Duty. Other boards can still talk about what Nintendo is doing with Mario or Pokemon. There should be zero issue with saying "Microsoft isn't handling Halo well lately" besides conflict of opinions.
    Yes - so long as you don't start bringing the new MS system into the equation saying that things you understand about that system give you concerns about a franchise.

They're congruent. Microsoft owns both and they're both branching out. It's a relation, an analogy used to demonstrate their concern.

On that note, the mention of Xbox One shouldn't be considered taboo, nor a red flag for a thread being off-topic. I understand you want people to wait until E3 to pass judgement on the console but there isn't any harm in speculation given the info we have, especially now that there are several facts to discuss. Look at all the speculation going on over here. No problems with it! There wasn't any problem with the console speculation thread from last year right before E3 either.

Okay, I'll admit maybe I'm a bit picky, even pedantic, but I really think a thread about Halo should focus on well... Halo - not anything else. And I don't see why anything needs to be used as an analogy rather than just saying up front what your concerns are.

Given how much people focused on and screamed about the rumours and such about the Xbox I'm really quite hesitant to start a thread about it again until facts are really clear (I mean how you read the article you linked me to - thank you for that by the way - and how I read it could differ) for fear it'll just turn into a MS hate thread that could spawn flame wars. But if you would like it I suppose I can make one...

Yes - so long as you don't start bringing the new MS system into the equation saying that things you understand about that system give you concerns about a franchise.

Okay, I'll admit maybe I'm a bit picky, even pedantic, but I really think a thread about Halo should focus on well... Halo - not anything else. And I don't see why anything needs to be used as an analogy rather than just saying up front what your concerns are.

Given how much people focused on and screamed about the rumours and such about the Xbox I'm really quite hesitant to start a thread about it again until facts are really clear (I mean how you read the article you linked me to - thank you for that by the way - and how I read it could differ) for fear it'll just turn into a MS hate thread that could spawn flame wars. But if you would like it I suppose I can make one...
    Here's the thing. Nobody was arguing about anything in this thread, beyond what you and he were just discussing. And honestly, my post was relatively unspectacular, and by itself, the topic would've just moved back to Halo. I had a concern, and I voiced it. That was going to be the end of it. I never meant for it to go beyond that. I wanted to go back to talking about Halo, because there are alot of cool things that have been recently teased and announced, and I wanted to start talking about the next part of the Reclaimer Saga.

But instead, you went on and on about how you hate it when people discuss MS or the XBox One in relation to games that are going to be ON the platform. And I understand that it's because you're passionate about MS and the new system (it's all too obvious). But you need to take a step back and just look at what you've been posting, because this very attitude is why MS is in trouble with gamers, and it's starting to affect this site too. Don't let it. This just isn't you.

I shouldn't have to be a voice of reason here. I'm not a mod, and I'm terrible at it. My thoughts always get jumbled. But this just can't continue. I guess the point I'm making is, just relax a bit. There are just times when it's better to let it go.

And this part's for everyone. Remember that sometimes things work themselves out.
    A Winner Is You!!!

- Bruce Lee

- Willie 'Jack' Degel

Quote Originally Posted by SBaby View Post
    Here's the thing. Nobody was arguing about anything in this thread, beyond what you and he were just discussing. And honestly, my post was relatively unspectacular, and by itself, the topic would've just moved back to Halo. I had a concern, and I voiced it. That was going to be the end of it. I never meant for it to go beyond that. I wanted to go back to talking about Halo, because there are alot of cool things that have been recently teased and announced, and I wanted to start talking about the next part of the Reclaimer Saga.

But instead, you went on and on about how you hate it when people discuss MS or the XBox One in relation to games that are going to be ON the platform. And I understand that it's because you're passionate about MS and the new system (it's all too obvious). But you need to take a step back and just look at what you've been posting, because this very attitude is why MS is in trouble with gamers, and it's starting to affect this site too. Don't let it. This just isn't you.

I shouldn't have to be a voice of reason here. I'm not a mod, and I'm terrible at it. My thoughts always get jumbled. But this just can't continue. I guess the point I'm making is, just relax a bit. There are just times when it's better to let it go.

And this part's for everyone. Remember that sometimes things work themselves out.
    Fair point - I'll simply restate in my defence that I am perhaps a tad pedantic about what constitutes on topic and leave it there.

With Xbox One you can game offline for up to 24 hours on your primary console, or one hour if you are logged on to a separate console accessing your library. Offline gaming is not possible after these prescribed times until you re-establish a connection,
    That's everything I need not to buy this console.

I love Halo, and anticpate Halo 5 and 6 a huge amount, but there's just no way in hell i'd be meeting those requirements on the Xbox One, and to think i'll only be able to play offline for the maximum of one day is horrific.

I will say this about the Halo series. After the way Halo 4 ended (not gonna tell you if you haven't seen it; it's a heck of a way to start a saga), I definitely want to see how the series goes on from here (especially now that Master Chief has a new motivation). Unfortunately, most of what I've heard from sources so far has been hearsay, but there are a few points that I do hope are true. And there is one thing that is most likely going to be coming to pass (since they pretty much hinted at it).

One thing I'd realy like to see is a Siege Mode for multiplayer though. They did this before, kind of. But I'd like a full-on Siege Mode, where two teams defend their own bases while attacking the enemy bases, with turrets, vehicles and such. I've seen this in other games, and it would be really cool to see again. I really think that if this is done well, it could add a whole new level of strategy and innovation to multiplayer.
    A Winner Is You!!!

- Bruce Lee

- Willie 'Jack' Degel

I saw Adam Kovic speculating that in Halo 5 Master Chief's going to team up with Halsey and go rogue. That itself is an interesting concept and one I wouldn't mind seeing implemented but then Kovic went to imagine playing as a new character taking down a terrorist threat which turns out to be Chief. That seems okay but they could do better. Then he started saying what if Master Chief then aligns with the Covenant and I stopped listening.

I saw Adam Kovic speculating that in Halo 5 Master Chief's going to team up with Halsey and go rogue. That itself is an interesting concept and one I wouldn't mind seeing implemented but then Kovic went to imagine playing as a new character taking down a terrorist threat which turns out to be Chief. That seems okay but they could do better. Then he started saying what if Master Chief then aligns with the Covenant and I stopped listening.
    That started off interesting, but went down the toilet real fast.

I'm hoping they pull a Search for Spock type deal. The Coratana hallucinations in Halo 3 had to have been caused by something, like a tiny bit of herself imprinted into the Chief's brain. Maybe Chief goes rogue to bust Halsey out of ONI-prison so he can get her to bring Cortana back, without having to make a clone that won't be the same.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast