Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Halo Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ImAnOKIE12 View Post
    Okay, so didn't get to get halo 4 last weekend. But I was promised id get to go get it this time. Ill be picking it up, along with Assassins creed 3, and maybe black ops 2. Definitely know halo 4 is gonna be played first. If I dont get bo2, ill look around. You guys know if Gamestop fixes damaged games? L
    I doubt that they do.

Am I the only one here who will never play Black Ops 2?

You guys know if Gamestop fixes damaged games? L
    They offer warranties for their games at the time of purchase. If you just have a broken game at home I doubt they'll fix it for you though, if that's what you were getting at.

Quote Originally Posted by Klizcool View Post
    Fun fact, you are never the only one who does something. I haven't played CoD since I got bored of the first Modern Warfare after like five minutes.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Actually a few of my local GameStops have a disc repair machine. They use it so they can sell back used games in decent condition. If you pre-order a high demand game, or buy something that's pretty recent, they may let you use theirs. I've done so a couple of times.

Also how is everyone enjoying the game? I'm not really up with the Halo news but I do own all the games and have really enjoyed them. I'll be sure to pick this up when I'm not blowing my funds on anime related things.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Also how is everyone enjoying the game? I'm not really up with the Halo news but I do own all the games and have really enjoyed them. I'll be sure to pick this up when I'm not blowing my funds on anime related things.
    If you've enjoyed every other Halo game you'll enjoy this and there is really no reason you shouldn't pick it up. I do however agree that anime related things should take priority.
    My Anime List

I doubt that they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    They offer warranties for their games at the time of purchase. If you just have a broken game at home I doubt they'll fix it for you though, if that's what you were getting at.
    I dont mean like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Actually a few of my local GameStops have a disc repair machine. They use it so they can sell back used games in decent condition.
    This is waht i have heard, but ive heard "Your local video game store" So i was wondering if Gamestop had one. Ive been told they have a machine that removes a little layer of the disc so that the scrathces arent so deep, i need this for my NFS: Carbon, Saints Row the thirs, and Skyrim game. There is a place in my town called "The Movie Rack" and the guy taht owns it fixes games for like 2 dollars, but when i have time to go, they arent open.
    White friend code: 0347 5916 2191
    Black 2 friend code: 0820 1802 1694

Quote Originally Posted by the3rdH0kage View Post
    This is tough. I have Halo 4. I'm getting a Hardened Edition of Black Ops and Assassins Creed 3. Tough decision on what to play.
    How is it tough?

Halo 4 - GotY, all the way!
    CoD : BO:II - When you finally feel you can spend a few hours away from Halo 4.
    AC III - Only if it's got a good combat system.

As far as Halo vs CoD goes, the fact is they're very different kinds of shooters in most respects (game mechanics, gameplay style, enemy details, setting and focus, multi-player balancing, etc) - hence why they have diverging fan bases. Personally I much prefer Halo, as equal amounts of work go into all aspects of the game - whereas CoD's focus is usually multi-player though they have good campaigns now and then.

It's only tough because Halo has an amazing story. I haven't really played enough multiplayer to give a actual opinion (No Live at my house).
    But I have played BOII Zombies (the only reason I got the game). and it's awesome.
    and I have't played AC3 at all.
    THIS IS FOR MY NINTENDO 3DS HANDHELD SYSTEM 2664-2984-6619
    THIS IS FOR MY POKEMON WHITE VIDEO GAME Mike-0218-6703-3716

The fact I have to wait another couple of weeks to 1000 this is really bugging me, I understand they were probably trying to get some longevity out of the game, but surely they could have done it some other way?
    My Anime List

Definitely getting my games tomorrow! Still thinking on the black ops 2. Ive been looking on Gamestop.com at some other games. Plus Im going to see if my Gamestop has that cleaning liquid stuff. I could really use it on Skyrim. stupid circle.

Quote Originally Posted by the3rdH0kage View Post
    But I have played BOII Zombies (the only reason I got the game). and it's awesome.
    You just proved me and all of my friends point that CoD is mostly played for Zombies. Never once have I heard people discussing the story of a CoD game. That's why I like Halo more. Even though you have an awesome multiplayer, people still talk about the story too. To me, CoD has no real opportunity for story, whereas Halo at the very least has opportunity for a fan base to to talk and wonder about the universe of the game.

Sorry for the CoD rage.

I beat Episode 2 of Spartan Ops and Mission 4: Infinity on solo Legendary last night. I wish I could play more but I'm too busy procrastinating on homework...

I beat Episode 2 of Spartan Ops and Mission 4: Infinity on solo Legendary last night. I wish I could play more but I'm too busy procrastinating on homework...
    Level 5 and 6 were the worst for me on Legendary, 7 and 8 then seemed to be a bit too easy.
    My Anime List

Alright! Got halo 4. So, someone want to tell me what the w discs are for? And, what about my forest armor skin? Cause I just pre ordered the normal game

Alright! Got halo 4. So, someone want to tell me what the w discs are for? And, what about my forest armor skin? Cause I just pre ordered the normal game
    The second disc installs multiplayer to your hard drive. After you install it you can play multiplayer off your hard drive through disc 1. That way you don't have to swap discs between campaign and multiplayer like in ODST.

Funny story about the Forest Armor Skin. I pre-ordered my copy as well but at the launch party I didn't get any code either. I was at EB Games today pre-ordering Persona 4 The Golden and I decided to ask about the missing skin bonus in Halo 4. Turns out the store I got the game at had not been given any codes on card stock to give out to the customers. Instead they were e-mailed all the codes. The guy I talked to was able to verify that I bought the game after I gave him my phone number and he printed out a little piece of paper with the code for the armor skin on it. I'm gonna try using it on Xbox tonight. So yeah, if you go back to where you bought it from, try asking about it.

You just proved me and all of my friends point that CoD is mostly played for Zombies. Never once have I heard people discussing the story of a CoD game. That's why I like Halo more. Even though you have an awesome multiplayer, people still talk about the story too. To me, CoD has no real opportunity for story, whereas Halo at the very least has opportunity for a fan base to to talk and wonder about the universe of the game.

Sorry for the CoD rage.
    Yayz COD rage

Looks like I'm going to be the last one to get Halo 4. *sigh*

Anyway, cool story about my friend. I have yet to confirm this, but he actually beat one of the top ten greatest of all Halo players of all time. I call bull****

ANybody wanna play on live sometime this week. I'm on break starting Wedensday and have 5 days to get all of the Online gaming I can get in.

Oh God I just beat the first mission of Spartan Ops episode 3 on Legendary. TOO. MANY. ENEMIES.

Plus terribad spawns that get me spawn killed.

Why can I no longer rotate the camera after I've died? Why take that out? I like knowing what killed me.

Funny story about the Forest Armor Skin. I pre-ordered my copy as well but at the launch party I didn't get any code either. I was at EB Games today pre-ordering Persona 4 The Golden and I decided to ask about the missing skin bonus in Halo 4. Turns out the store I got the game at had not been given any codes on card stock to give out to the customers. Instead they were e-mailed all the codes. The guy I talked to was able to verify that I bought the game after I gave him my phone number and he printed out a little piece of paper with the code for the armor skin on it. I'm gonna try using it on Xbox tonight. So yeah, if you go back to where you bought it from, try asking about it.
    Oh okay. Ill probably ask thursday, if i go again. I'll probably go before thanksgiving, cause we ( i mean as in my brother) Have to buy me a new controller. Cause me and my little bro had a fight, so he decide to chunk my controller on to the concrete floor, from upstairs. My ONLY controller. So he lost his controller until i get another one, and he got a bruised shoulder. And im gonna go out on a limb here and say you need XBL for the code? And can you unlock other armor just by playing (offline) or is it all codes?

P.S. Just beat the campaign! Holy ****, some easy, some hard, took about.... eh 4 hours? Give or take a few minutes. I love the incenerator cannon. Me and my lil bro played co-op through the whole thing the first time.

LETS JUST KICK THE ARTIFACT. THAT MAKES EVERYTHING BETTER.

AND THEN LETS TOUCH THE ARTIFACT. THAT MAKES ME KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT IT.

...one of those moves was smart, and one of them wasn't. If you haven't played the spartan ops videos yet, then take a guess which one works and which one doesn't. XD

and then SPOILER comes along and says hi, then is found out to be a war criminal. ._....
    I guess i missed something in the books...
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by Pika-Pika-Red View Post
    and then SPOILER comes along and says hi, then is found out to be a war criminal. ._....
    I guess i missed something in the books...
    Assuming you're referring to Hallsey, did you completely miss the prologue in campaign?
    My Anime List

What was the alien guys name? The one inside the big metal ball, forerunner ship I guess? And boy, was he short lived.

What was the alien guys name? The one inside the big metal ball, forerunner ship I guess? And boy, was he short lived.
    The Didact.

Spoiler:- Possible Halo 4 spoilers.:
    Black FC: 2408 4926 3109 - Kyle
    My Anime List
        Spoiler:- Shiny card.:

Quote Originally Posted by Sabconth View Post
    The Didact.

Spoiler:- Possible Halo 4 spoilers.:
        Spoiler:- :
    My Anime List

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast