Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: •Official B2/W2 In-Game Tiers• * READ THE OP *

Back again...

One of the Legendaries that can be obtained during the main plot.

Terrakion - Low Middle or Middle
    Availability - Rather late (Route 22)
    Notable Moves - Sacred Sword, Rock Slide, Swords Dance, X-Scissor, Rock Polish
    Stats Excellent Attack and Speed as well as decent Defenses overall. Special Attack is pretty poor, but you shouldn't be using it anyway.

- Description -

+Excellent type coverage and just between its STAB moves too. Not to mention Sacred Sword's high PP, good base power and general reliability.
    +Excellent moveset available to it very quickly.
    +Excellent stat-boosting moves in the form of Swords Dance and Rock Polish.
    +Excellent Attack and Speed.
    -Obtained quite late in the game.
    -Defensive typing leaves it with a fair few weaknesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockking View Post
    About Flygon... you guys missed Crunch as a useful move on him. With that and Fly he should be useful on at least 3/4 of the E4!! He does well against Colress with his Ground move as well. I think he's great...

I'll be back will votes and input for this great thread when I'm done with the E4!
    Yeah but flygon lacks any good moves unless you trade him to white which is not part of the tiering process

White FC: 2666 1277 6544
        Spoiler:- Credit & Trade offers:

@Everyone - Please please please number your approvals for tierings instead of just saying 'I agree with Pokemon x being tiered y'. *It makes for unneccesary extra approvals and just a general hassle to read through. Unnumered approvals will not count towards the general approval number

Tangrowth Middle [1/3]. It's bulk means it has fairly little trouble getting into battle. However it's middling Speed really hurts it. Furthermore, by the time you get it, Grass isn't really all that useful for remaining major battles sans Marlon.

I give [1/3] for Hydreigon being bottom. Basically everything Aura mentions is valid. 64 requires massive grinding and Zwelious is too frail to be of use in the E4 imo

Having both STAB, including EQ and Rock Polish + Rock Slide could bolster Golurk to Low imo.

Electivire is Lower - Mid [1/3]. It's ridiculous coverage means nothing if it only gets to use it during the last couple of battles. Really, it's Stats are the only thing preventing it from being flat-out Low.

Gigalith should be flat out Middle imo. Sure it only really hase Rock Slide / Bulldoze / Return for the enitrety of the game, but it picks up Rock Polish via TM to patch up it's Spe problem and has the physical bulk to do the setup with relatively little problems. QuakeEdge is nefarious enough anyway, although he is running a makeshift version of it.

I'm fine with Mienshao being Middle [1/3]. The higher level battles in BW2 mean that the high level requirements aren't as big of a problem. You could also mention Aura Spere for Wallbreaking and the infamous U-Turn + Regenerator combination

Terakion is fine beig Middle imo [1/3]. It has all it really needs from the get-go and is a great Pokemon to *fill that last slot of your Party if you're lacking a member by that point.*

I've editted the OP with Lucario, Flygon, Azumarril and Sigilyph. Go over them and point out any errors!
    Last edited by Tsumiki; 22nd October 2012 at 2:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalPotato
    Hydreigon can't learn Draco Meteor until postgame, can it?
    All Dragon types can learn Draco Meteor, and I'm pretty sure the Move tutor isn't postgame only.

Quote Originally Posted by peacemaker987
    ^At least Zweilous is caught with Dragon Pulse(might need heart scale) and Surf/Flamethrower should already be available.
    Zweilous can't learn Surf/Flamethrower until it evolves. Dragon Pulse isn't doing much damage at all coming off a Spatk of 65.

Tangrowth for Middle [2/3]
    Mienshao for Middle [2/3]
    Electivire for Lower Middle [2/3]. It lacks crucial moves like Bulldoze right up until the last few battles, putting it in an even worse situation than Magmortar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

3/3 for Tangrowth being middle(Aurawarrior8,FoldingScreen,Tonguetyd),2/3 for Hydreigon being Bottom(FoldingScreen,Tonguetyd).

I was the first to write about Tangrowth.. Why didn't I get included?
    Last edited by azeem40; 22nd October 2012 at 12:43 PM.
    In order to understand my train of thoughts,
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

I don't know why you wouldn't mention Dig for Flygon. It's Flygon's most powerful STAB move for a long time, and Flygon can't even be hit underground because of Levitate. I think it's a better option than Bulldoze.
    I think Shadow Ball deserves a mention for Sigilyph.
    Azumarill is spelled incorrectly.

Quote Originally Posted by FoldingScreen View Post
    I'm fine with Mienshao being Middle [1/3]. The higher level battles in BW2 mean that the high level requirements aren't as big of a problem. You could also mention Aura Spere for Wallbreaking and the infamous U-Turn + Regenerator combination
    I would mention Aura Sphere if Mienshao learned it earlier - level 70 is too late to be useful. I'll edit in U-Turn + Regenerator, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurawarrior8 View Post
    All Dragon types can learn Draco Meteor, and I'm pretty sure the Move tutor isn't postgame only.
    Drayden just stood outside of his house and went on about Team Plasma before I fought the Elite Four. No offer to teach Draco Meteor.
    Last edited by TotalPotato; 22nd October 2012 at 1:38 PM.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon White 2, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

@azeem; the OP doesn't get included within the approvals. iirc someone mentioned that earlier within the thread.

I don't know why you wouldn't mention Dig for Flygon. It's Flygon's most powerful STAB move for a long time, and Flygon can't even be hit underground because of Levitate. I think it's a better option than Bulldoze.
    It's an efficiency thing. Bulldoze over the course of two turns deals more damage than a single Dig within the same period of time. I'll edit it in, nonetheless

I think Shadow Ball deserves a mention for Sigilyph.
    Azumarill is spelled incorrectly.
    Fix'd and fix'd.

Editted the OP with Tangrowth! Also, be aware of the Swanna tiering that seems to have gone unnoticed!
    Last edited by Tsumiki; 22nd October 2012 at 2:35 PM.

Oh, so it's about speed. But then why do you give Vaporeon a + for Toxic stalling? That's a slower way of winning than using Dig.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon White 2, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

Because ToxicStalling isn't going to be used as the main form of damage. It'll only mainly be used to take down foes rhat Vaporeon should otherwise have trouble taking down. Dig cannot do this.

Well, I'd argue that with 33% more power than Bulldoze, Dig should be able to help Trapinch/Vibrava/Flygon take plenty of foes down that it wouldn't otherwise be able to.
    Man, this arguing leaves a bad taste in my mouth. To wash it away, I'll submit something that has nothing to do with Dig:

Weezing - Upper-Middle Tier
    Availability - Early (Virbank Complex)
    Notable Moves - Sludge Bomb, Venoshock, Will-O-Wisp, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Payback, Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt
    Stats - Huge Defense, decent attacking stats, middling Special Defense, poor Speed

+Fantastic early-game with Poison Gas and Venoshock
    +Good defensive typing and ability
    +Can beat the majority of physical attackers late-game with Will-O-Wisp and bulk
    +Surprisingly good neutral offensive coverage
    -Not so great mid-game
    -Poor offensive typing
    -I wish it was a bit faster!

I say it be dropped to Middle tier. Poison is a terrible Monotype STAB move to work with. I suppose it also has Return to use, but that's about it. It doesn't help that it's virtually useless against the Plasma battles that are often filled eith Dark, Poison and Steel types.
    Last edited by Tsumiki; 22nd October 2012 at 5:07 PM.

Shadow Ball is already there (and you get Payback before Shadow Ball, anyway). When I say "the majority of physical attackers", mine managed to beat Iris's Haxorus one-on-one at level 56 with no healing items, which is why I value it so highly.

i'm suprised the starters haven't been brought up yet...

Serperior - High Tier
    Availability - Beginning
    Notable Moves - Leech Seed, Leaf Blade, Coil, Giga Drain, Dragon Pulse, Aqua Tail, Toxic, etc
    Stats - Decent HP, Atk, and Sp. Atk, great defenses, and super speedy

+ Versatile stats,movepool
    + early capture
    + early evolution
    - Poor typing
    - Takes time to build a good moveset
    - Can't handle the early gyms typing

It has potential to be a great pokemon mid to late game, but for the beginning it can be a challenging pokemon to use.

@Weezing; I will concede that it has a great endgame against Physical Opponents, but you have to take it's horrible middle game into account. While 85 SpA isn't bad, it just doesn't cut the standard that most Endgame 'mon use. That, and the lack of a setup moves makes Weezing no higher than Middle imo

@Serperior; imo Serperior only really does something lategame. Lackluster offensive stats mean that it won't be dishing out damage to well, failing to OHKO with some SE hits. It's inability to do anything to half the gyms in the game (Roxie, Burgh, Skyla, Drayden) and general inability to deal with Plasma's newfound obssesion with Steel / Poison types also means it'll falter. No higher than Middle, possibly Lower-Middle imo.

I'd argue to say serperior is middle tier. Defences and speed is good but it hits as hard as a patrat. 75/75 offences really do hinder this guy espically in the later game when you will probably need atleast 1 coil to drop even an opponent with a super effective hit. I was considering dropping snivy because he really left something to be disired. However he is pretty useful in providing general support and resists ground/electric typing which is useful when running a lucario or frail fire types.

White FC: 2666 1277 6544
        Spoiler:- Credit & Trade offers:

The fact that it requires setup to deal any notable damage alone makes it suffer a lot. I still say Lower-Middle.
    --------
    Magmortar - High / Upper Middle / Middle [0/3]
    Swanna - Middle [1/3] (FoldingScreen)
    Hydreion - Bottom [1/3] (FoldingScreen)
    Electivire - Lower-Middle [2/3] (FoldingScreen, Aurawarrior8)
    Gigalith - Lower-Middle / Middle [0/3]
    Mienshao - Middle [2/3] (FoldingScreen, Aurawarrior8)
    Terrakion - Middle [1/3] (FoldingScreen)
    Weezing - Middle / Upper-Middle [0/3]
    Serperior - High / Middle / Lower-Middle [0/3]

I've taken the time to go through the thread and list all the unfinished tierings with the number of approvals. Finishing them off or adding new arugments would be great, thanks!
    Last edited by Tsumiki; 23rd October 2012 at 10:31 AM.

Also Magnezone is still waiting for its 3rd approval for Top (the tiering is on Page 1; AuraWarrior8 and FoldingScreen have both approved so far).

I'll [2/3] Swanna for Mid. It's got very average stats and although its handy, it's not amazing enough to be any higher.

And definitely [2/3] Hydreigon for Bottom. Zweilous just comes too late to be of any use, really.

[3/3] for Electivire being Lower-Middle for the reasons already stated in that its even worse off than Magmortar due to its movepool, and [3/3] Mienshao for Middle for the reasons stated by others.

And finally, I'll go ahead and [2/3] Terrakion for Middle. It's got great stats but yes, it does come a bit late, and isn't brilliant against the E4, I would think.

I'm not going to comment on Gigalith or Weezing since I honestly have no clue how they'd fare, although that traded Gigalith looks pretty nice.

I've editted the OP with Mienshao and Electivire's profiles. I've also editted the OP (the first one!) with a list of ongoing approvals. Tell me what you think about this feature!

EDIT : I feel really motivated to work on this thread today for whatever reason x). Editted the first OP with thr List of Pokemon found in order of appearance. I may have missed a couple, or certain Pokemon may have been misplaced, though.
    Last edited by Tsumiki; 23rd October 2012 at 11:54 AM.

Also, I just realised (thanks to the OP, yay) that Magmortar hasn't received any approvals yet. I think Mid suits it the best (especially with Electivire in Lower-Mid), with my reasoning explained in the spoiler below.

Spoiler:- Reasoning:

And also I agree in that Serperior shouldn't be placed that highly. It really relies on Coil to leave a dent in anything; sure its speed is nice but apart from that, its not that amazing. It definitely struggles midgame against Roxie, Burgh, Elesa (Zebstrika still knows Flame Charge, doesn't it?), Skyla and Drayden, which is rather worrying. However given its a starter and all, and given you receive Return early, at least it will be able to deal some powerful neutral damage early, so I think Mid fits it well. May I [1/3] for Mid?

Speaking of Starters...

Samurott - High
    Availability - Beginning (Starter)
    Notable Moves - Surf, Aqua Jet, Ice Beam, Grass Knot, Return, X-Scissor, Megahorn, Superpower, Revenge, Swords Dance
    Stats - Good attacking stats, though it's a bit on the slow side

Nothing much has changed for the Oshawott line. It's definitely the best Unova starter. Getting Razor Shell early really helps against Roxie thanks to those Defence drops. It struggles a bit against Burgh and Elesa, but handles Clay easily, does well against Skyla through neutral coverage, and has Blizzard for Drayden, which isn't too bad since his Pokemon tend to use Dragon Tail, which has negative priority. Its movepool is quite good and having an early-game Water-type is always handy. Its attacking stats are rather well rounded, so it has the ability to go mixed or either physical or special.

+Good movepool
    +Well-rounded attacking stats
    -Struggles in the early-midgame against Burgh and Elesa
    -On the slow side

[3/3] on Magnezone being Top. Sweet defensive typing, great attacking power, great ability, Thunder Wave to offset its weakest stat... I don't see much to complain about here!

And also I agree in that Serperior shouldn't be placed that highly. It really relies on Coil to leave a dent in anything; sure its speed is nice but apart from that, its not that amazing. It definitely struggles midgame against Roxie, Burgh, Elesa (Zebstrika still knows Flame Charge, doesn't it?), Skyla and Drayden, which is rather worrying. However given its a starter and all, and given you receive Return early, at least it will be able to deal some powerful neutral damage early, so I think Mid fits it well. May I [1/3] for Mid?
    I'm still kinda iffy on this one. Using Snivy means you're pretty much forced to pick up a second Pokemon before Roxie. Sure, there's really no reason not to, but still. Concerning Return, keep in mind that Snivy's Return will still be amongst the weakest Returns early game (it only outdamages Purrloin and Sunkern). It's only real saving grace is that it gets a powerful STAB move much earlier than most Pokemon (Leaf Blade, 32) but around that point, you start to realize you need Coil to do any noticable damage.

[1/3] for Magmortar and Samurott's respective tierings, though.

Also editted Magnezone into the OP! Yay!
    Last edited by Tsumiki; 23rd October 2012 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FoldingScreen View Post
    I'm still kinda iffy on this one. Using Snivy means you're pretty much forced to pick up a second Pokemon before Roxie. Sure, there's really no reason not to, but still. Concerning Return, keep in mind that Snivy's Return will still be amongst the weakest Returns early game (it only outdamages Purrloin and Sunkern). It's only real saving grace is that it gets a powerful STAB move much earlier than most Pokemon (Leaf Blade, 32) but around that point, you start to realize you need Coil to do any noticable damage.
    Hmmmm, yeah I can see where you're coming from. Furthermore it also struggles against Team Plasma what with their love of Poison- and Steel-types, against Colress and also against Zinzolin so yeah, I take back what I said about the Snivy line. Lower-mid is where it belongs, then, I guess. [1/3]

^^;

Yay, [2/3] for Lower-Mid

Liepard - Bottom Tier
    Availability - Very Early (Route 19)
    Notable Moves - Night Slash, Return, Dark Pulse, Seed Bomb, Gunk Shot, Grass Knot
    Stats - Usable Offensive stats, High Spe. Nonexistant Defenses

+It evolves early
    -Lacks a powerful STAB Move before Lv 47 (Night Slash) or Driftveil Cty, with 10(!) Blue Shards for Dark Pulse.
    -Terrible Defenses mean it'll struggle to take even neutral hits
    -Requires heavy Shard investment for a half-decent moveset
    -Can barely do anything against any major battles
    -There's probably more to this list
    Last edited by Tsumiki; 23rd October 2012 at 1:27 PM.

[3/3] for Serp in Lower-Mid. Zhanton, FoldingScreen, GrumpySnorlax

Quote Originally Posted by Zhanton
    I'll [2/3] Swanna for Mid. It's got very average stats and although its handy, it's not amazing enough to be any higher.
    I think this very statement shows why it belongs in lower mid. There are much better water and flying types IMO.

Sorry for being late ^^'

Edit: Also [3/3] for Hydreigon in bottom.

... And [3/3] for Terrakion in middle, hey Final (:

Growlithe - Lower Mid
    Early (Virbank Complex) -
    Flame Wheel, Crunch, Agility, Flare Blitz, (Thunder Fang, Extremespeed after evolving) -
    Good Atk and SpA, horrible defenses.

- Description -

+Can effectively go mixed, relatively fast.
    +Helpful against Burgh if you chose Snivy
    -Needs Fire Stone to evolve
    -Shallow movepool even after evolution

*This is basically my argument for Magmortar in Mid

^Click it!^

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast