Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: •Official B2/W2 In-Game Tiers• * READ THE OP *

I agree that Jellicent belongs in Upper Middle, it gets Surf early enough and Scald proves to be a strong option for support against Marshal, Grimsley and, to an extent, Iris.
    lil' ball of spheal.

Jellicent is easily one of the best "support" pokes out there ingame because while having awesome defensive typing and moves, it can actually hurt stuff as well (someone mentioned Weezing...).

High for me. Frillish is bulky enough for a first stage so training it is not that bad, especially considering you get Surf right off the bat. I never had problems with the relatively high evolution level. Back on BW, it was easily the best Water type in the game, now it has some competitors but it doesn't remove the fact it's a very solid poke. Cursed Body happens quite often as well.
    Also, about getting 2hkoed by unboosted Haxorus at the elite four, no way. Okay, natures and IVs don't matter much ingame, but if you found a -def nature frillish with crappy IVs and decided to use it, it's your fault. I did beat that Haxorus by taking a Dragon Claw, Will-O-Wisping, recovering off after a second one and finishing with Ice Beam. First DC barely did half and my Jellicent had a neutral nature as well as 3 levels less than Haxorus :V

at the moment it stands like this

Jellicent for Upper-mid [2/3] foldingscreen, aurawarrior8 (if peacemaker987's vote counts that makes it [3/3])
    Jellicent for High [1/3] edonub

also no activity over the last two days - Where is everyone?

White FC: 2666 1277 6544
        Spoiler:- Credit & Trade offers:

also no activity over the last two days - Where is everyone?
    Well in the first 10 days we got 42 tierings done, next 9 days or so we've do 11ish [boast]of which i did 5[/boast] tierings.
    Yeah, the productivity has really slowed down, about the time when I commented on the productivity...
    Dear lord I've cursed us all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Ignore post. Idk why I double-post too much.
    Last edited by azeem40; 5th November 2012 at 8:07 PM.
    In order to understand my train of thoughts,
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Steelix - Bottom
    Availability - Early
    Notable Moves: Iron Tail, Iron Head, Dig, Bulldoze, Screech
    Stats: Mediocre Attack, high Def, low SpD even with Sandstorm.

+Found Early
    +Good Resistances with its Steel/Ground typing
    -Doesn't learn EQ naturally
    -Slow
    -gets Curse, but you have to wait until Driftveil City to make use of it
    -unless you have 2 DSs or a person to trade with, you are stuck with a Pokemon with poor Defensive typing

On Hydreigon's notable moves, you forgot Earthquake, Superpower, Fire Blast, U-Turn, and Draco Meteor

Also, Bulk Up is found in the Striaton City PokeMart. There is no PokeMart in Opelucid City.
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

You forgot, Rock Slide, Gyro Ball and maybe the elemental fangs for Steelix's notable moves. And Curse. And Aqua Tail.

It certainly doesn't deserve bottom tier at all. The pokemon there are truly terrible stuff like Liepard and Castform that really should not be sent into battle. Ever.
    Steelix takes physical hits better than any pokemon in the game and has a ton of resistances too allowing it to comfortably get off a Curse boost. Speed is also largely irrelevant with Defence that large.
    The only drawback is that you're stuck with an Onix until Chargestone Cave and a Metal Coat, bearing in mind that Onix hits about as hard as Snivy.

Then again, you can just hold off capturing Onix until you get the Metal Coat, get one in Relic Passage(where they are lvl 29ish), and evolve it immediately.
    In fact, with the above method I think Steelix could go as high as Upper-Middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurawarrior8 View Post
    You forgot, Rock Slide, Gyro Ball and maybe the elemental fangs for Steelix's notable moves. And Curse. And Aqua Tail.

It certainly doesn't deserve bottom tier at all. The pokemon there are truly terrible stuff like Liepard and Castform that really should not be sent into battle. Ever.
    Steelix takes physical hits better than any pokemon in the game and has a ton of resistances too allowing it to comfortably get off a Curse boost. Speed is also largely irrelevant with Defence that large.
    The only drawback is that you're stuck with an Onix until Chargestone Cave and a Metal Coat, bearing in mind that Onix hits about as hard as Snivy.

Then again, you can just hold off capturing Onix until you get the Metal Coat, get one in Relic Passage(where they are lvl 29ish), and evolve it immediately.
    In fact, with the above method I think Steelix could go as high as Upper-Middle.
    http://pokemon.marriland.com/black2_white2/walkthrough/

I base my reviews on his walkthrough.

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Well, Steelix does seem pretty solid if evolved right at lvl29, but he requires a LOT of shards/heartscales to get a proper moveset. There's no viable move until level 34 besides Return, and even then, he won't get Earthquake until post-game. I would put him in lower tier because of all that hassle.
    lil' ball of spheal.

You know magnemite has a 5% chance of holding a metal coat, the first one I caught on white 2 was holding one. So technically you can evolve onix straight away. Thats if this counts as its a relatively low rate to hold the item - I must of just got lucky.

And not everyone can trade.

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Alright, read the list, grabbed the first poke not covered yet based on availability:

Scolipede - Lower Middle
    Availability - Very Early (Route 20, after Basic Badge)
    Notable Moves - X-Scissor/Megahorn, Bulldoze/Earthquake, Rock Slide, Aqua Tail, Toxic and Protect (Mentioned because you can lern both without TMs), Poison Jab, Agility, Baton Pass, Swords Dance, Iron Defense
    Stats - OK physical attack and average physical bulk, mediocre special def and very high speed

- Description -
    It has a lot of niches and it's found early game, but it lacks the raw power to cut it for a final team. Baton Pass and Agility/Swords Dance might make cool gimmicks especially if paired with Scolipede's high speed and ability to usually tank at least one neutral hit pretty well. It's outclassed by a lot of things, but early game availability and low evolution level still make it an OK choice for most of the game. Don't expect a top threat, of course.

+ Caught very early
    + Evolves reasonably early, getting to its final stage at level 30
    + Impressive physical movepool for a Bug type and decent typing
    + Gains a very powerful STAB move as soon as you evolve it, provided you use a Heart Scale. Coverage comes with TMs with relative ease.
    + If you like experimenting with stuff, this is one of the few usable Baton Passers. +2 attack Darmanitan hue hue hue
    + Works against Burgh's main pokes, hits super-effectively with STAB Poison Tail or Bug Bite, 4x resists Grass and resists Bug as well. Its typing works very well against a lot of common trainers. It can do some work against the Dark Elite 4 as well as the Psychic one.
    - Generally useless against any major battle, barring the ones mentioned above.
    - Plenty of Bug types that just do it better
    - Mediocre stats by endgame standards

Then follows

Audino - Bottom
    Availability - Very Early (Route 20 after Basic Badge)
    Notable Moves - All the special attacks you could imagine,. All of the punches if you want to go physical. Too bad its offensive stats are horrible, so these moves ain't really "notable". Among the suppport moves:
    Toxic, Light Screen/Reflect, Thunder Wave, Protect, Trick Room. Also Encore and Wish, but they're Egg moves.

Stats - Solid bulk. Rest is garbage.

+ Given it's early game availability and being a single stage poke, it CAN do something until you hit level 15 or so.
    + It... learns a lot of moves! Look at the pretty colors!
    - Besides looking pretty, those moves won't hurt anything.
    - It's meant to be a support poke, but it lacks self recovery, status (when you get Toxic, or even Thunder Wave, it will already be outclassed by almost everything. In fact, it requires breeding to get the more interesting stuff (and even then...).

And now, the reason that will shut down any argument, before you say "It's not that bad"

- CATCHING ONE IS A CRIME. You're deliberately losing on insane amounts of experience especially on the early game stages, just to get yourself a mediocre poke. Do yourself a favor and KO every single one of them.
    Last edited by edonub; 6th November 2012 at 8:20 AM.

@Steelix; I'm going to say it deserves either Low or Lower Middle. That being said, if it gets Dig (does it?) it could make Middle imo. Bulldoze / Rock Slide / Aqua Tail / Curse is a perfectly viable ingame set imo, and you can also run Gyro Ball > Aqua Tail for some gimmicky funtimes. It also gets Rock Polish, so there you go.*

@Scoliopede; Yeah, Lower Middle [1/3] sounds pretty good. It also learns Superpower, so you should add that.*

[1/3] Bottom Audino js.

Delcatty - Bottom Tier
    Availability - Mid Early (Castelia City; Sewers Entrance)
    Notable Moves - Return, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, *Wild Charge, Rock Smash
    Stats - Lackluster all across the board. It's Spe and HP just barely break average (70)

+Early Return
    -Normalize takes the concept of coverage and throws it out the window
    -Only has STAB to work with until basically endgame
    -Awful stats

Can someone confirm when you get a Moon Stone? It won't change this thing's tiering at all, but it's a nice reference

Quote Originally Posted by peacemaker987 View Post
    Well, Steelix does seem pretty solid if evolved right at lvl29, but he requires a LOT of shards/heartscales to get a proper moveset. There's no viable move until level 34 besides Return, and even then, he won't get Earthquake until post-game. I would put him in lower tier because of all that hassle.
    If you catch him at lvl 29, he needs a Heart Scale for Curse, some shards for Aqua Tail(in Lentimas), and can learn Gyro Ball as the TM's in Nimbasa. He gets Bulldoze or Dig through TMs you should already have at that point too.
    You could do worse.

I'm going to go ahead and say Steelix for Middle [1/3]. While he is a bit of a hassle to evolve, get its various moves and introduce to the team it has an impenetrable defence stat and becomes a useful member almost immediately.

lolAudino for Bottom [2/3].

Delcatty for Bottom [1/3]

Scolipede for Lower-Middle [2/3]

Can someone confirm when you get a Moon Stone? It won't change this thing's tiering at all, but it's a nice reference
    Route 6.
    There's also Castelia Sewers(and any other cave) if you're patient with dustclouds.

Quote Originally Posted by peacemaker987 View Post
    I 2/3 Steelix in low tier.

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Sorry I haven't been able to contribute much lately, I've been busy. (Two more weeks until exams are over though, not long to go!)

[3/3] Audino for bottom

[2/3] Delcatty for bottom

[3/3] Scolipede for lower-mid

I'd like to point out that Steelix does really well against the notable trainers: he crushes Skyla, does fine against Drayden, does decently against Shauntal with Crunch (and possible Caitlin as well, though his SpD isn't that high...) and does well against Iris. Plus you can evolve it pretty early by using Thief on some Magnemite, I guess. That's enough for at least mid imo. [2/3]

It feels abit weird rating pokemon you have to trade to evolve. Surely if you had to trade to white to evolve then other items such as evolution stones/items could be avaliable earlier too

Im gunna put steelix in low-mid [1/3] the only thing it can do is tank defensively. Special def and hp suck, surf will be insta kill even from a seel - but eh not like youll send it out to fight waters anyway. The only use of steelix is just to take hits and chip away slowly there are better options avaliable. Movepool is okay elemental fangs will do barely anything, crunch for e4 lack of stab will also be 2hko, main stab is dig/bulldoze which both are meh. He is good for e4 assuming they stick to stab and attack moves which is unlikely.

Steelix is generally meh, marlon will agree
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dragoniteftw; 7th November 2012 at 5:30 PM.

It feels abit weird rating pokemon you have to trade to evolve. Surely if you had to trade to white to evolve then other items such as evolution stones/items could be avaliable earlier too
    Well, we assume that the games will be completely self-contained with the exception of trade evos. imo, as long as we state in the tiering that its a trade evolution and otherwise tier as normal then its fine.

The only use of steelix is just to take hits and chip away slowly there are better options avaliable.
    As I said before it takes physical hits better than anything else, has the almighty Steel typing and 85 base attack is fairly good, not counting Curse boosts. While many pokemon beat Steelix offensively, very few pokemon are such a good physical tank.
    The real problem with Steelix is the hassle to get it and that its not very useful against Special attackers because its stats are so focused upon physical tanking.

Lopunny - Bottom Tier
    Availability - Early-Mid(Castelia City)
    Notable Moves - Return, Jump Kick, Drain Punch, Fire Punch, Ice Punch,
    Stats - Bad Hp and offences. Decent defences. Great speed.

- Description -

-Requires heavy shard investment to form a full moveset.
    -Bad offences prevent it from taking out opponents efficiently.
    -Lacks good defences relegating it to support.
    -Lacks most support options until much later on in the game.

Basically Lopunny's a dead weight throughout much of the game, since it sucks at offence, defence and is mediocre at support when it finally gets there. I can't think of any pros except for the furries.

What about the event obtained Genesect? It's really powerful early on (as long as you have the first badge) and while not as useful after the halfway point, it's still a keeper. Or is it that since the event won't last after next Monday, it doesn't count?

I 2/3 it being low.

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

What about the event obtained Genesect? It's really powerful early on (as long as you have the first badge) and while not as useful after the halfway point, it's still a keeper. Or is it that since the event won't last after next Monday, it doesn't count?
    As mentioned in the OP, Event-only Pokemon won't be tiered.

[1/3] Bottom Lopunny, although I could see it going Low. Actually, I was joking. It's bottom

I 2/3 it being low.
    Umm... What are you 2/3ing?

Stoutland - Upper Middle / High Tier
    Avaiability - Early (Floccesy Ranch)
    Notable Moves - Return, Crunch, Wild Charge, Iron Head, Superpower
    Stats - Great Atk, Decent Bulk and Spe. All Around balanced stats

+Early Return + Crunch makes a fantastic earlygame
    +Balanced all around stats (save atrocious SpA)
    +Intimidate gives it artificial Physical Bulk
    -Doesn't particularly shine in most major battles
    -Requires tutors to get any notable moves besides Return and Crunch

ALSO, I'd like for people to check out the OP and approve on tiering that haven't been completed. That Swanna's been there since the start of the thread >.>
    Last edited by Tsumiki; 8th November 2012 at 1:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FoldingScreen View Post
    As mentioned in the OP, Event-only Pokemon won't be tiered.

[1/3] Bottom Lopunny, although I could see it going Low. Actually, I was joking. It's bottom

Umm... What are you 2/3ing?

Stoutland - Upper Middle / High Tier
    Avaiability - Early (Floccesy Ranch)
    Notable Moves - Return, Crunch, Wild Charge, Iron Head, Superpower
    Stats - Great Atk, Decent Bulk and Spe. All Around balanced stats

+Early Return + Crunch makes a fantastic earlygame
    +Balanced all around stats (save atrocious SpA)
    +Intimidate gives it artificial Physical Bulk
    -Doesn't particularly shine in most major battles
    -Requires tutors to get any notable moves besides Return and Crunch

ALSO, I'd like for people to check out the OP and approve on tiering that haven't been completed. That Swanna's been there since the start of the thread >.>
    What do you mean what am I doing?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Okay, fine

Swanna - Middle [2/3] (Aurawarrior8, zhanton), Lower Middle [2/3] (FoldingScreen, Grumpy Snorlax) < 3/3 for Middle, it's a lot more useful than most of the Lower Middle pokes so it makes sense. Rain Dance + Surf and Hurricane is a very nice combo that hits most things neutrally for solid damage. Before that, it gets good STAB along the way, so it's hardly a dead weight. Also one of the few Waters you can catch before getting Surf, and right before Clay too, so you can train it up there.

Conkeldurr - Top [1/3] (zhanton) < 2/3 for Top, it's powerful, bulky and has the right moves.

Lilligant - Upper Middle [1/3] (Grumpy Snorlax), High [2/3] (Aurawarrior8, zhanton) < I made this review so I'm not allowed to vote, right? I'm for High though.

Crobat - Middle [2/3] (FoldingScreen, Grumpy Snorlax) < To be honest, this is probably the only time where Zubat is good. No painful training (You can catch one with Bite and Wing Attack already as soon as it's level 15. It's close to evolving as well), good typing and stats, I'd go for 1/3 Upper-Middle but maybe that's just me.

Vanilluxe - Low [1/3] (FoldingScreen) < 2/3 Low. Ice type. Bad moves. Not horrible enough to make it in the bottom tier.

Weavile - Low [1/3] (Dragoniteftw) / Lower Middle [2/3] (FoldingScreen, zhanton) < Don't know about this. good offensive STAB, awesome offensive stats, gets rid of a lot of things with ease at the point you catch it. Namely, half the elite four and the champion battle. Middle for me 1/3, there's much worse stuff on Middle anyway but I guess the lategame availability is a factor.

Jellicent - Upper Middle [2/3] (FoldingScreen, Aurawarrior8) < I think I gave a 1/3 for High to this.

Steelix - Low [1/3] (azeem4) / Lower Middle [1/3] (Dragoniteftw) / Middle [1/3] (Aurawarrior8) < It's not as bad as Low pokes, but it's almost useless nonetheless. 2/3 Lower Middle

Delcatty - Bottom [2/3] (Aurawarrior8, zhanton) 3/3, duh

Loppuny - Bottom [1/3] (FoldingScreen) 2/3, duh

Stoutland - Upper Middle / High [0/3] < 2/3 Upper Middle. It's great earlygame, but by the time you get to evolve it into Stoutland, it's already outclassed. Hits like a truck for the first half of the game though.

I 2/3 Weavile in Mid. It outspeeds most of the game and has good coverage.

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Being stuck at home with the flu gives you lots of free time, doesn't it...

Swoobat - Low
    Availability - Relatively Early (Relic Passage near Castelia City)
    Notable Moves - Psychic, Air Slash, Calm Mind, Shadow Ball, Charge Beam, Thunder Wave, Roost, Signal Beam, Giga Drain
    Stats - Very high speed, mediocre special attack, horrible defenses.

- Description -
    Falls short of being Bottom just because it IS fast, it has a good typing and it gets decent moves. Still definitely not a top choice, being almost entirely outclassed by Sigilyph, which has a little less speed to boast about, but a much better ability in Magic Guard and superior bulk/special attack.

+ Easy catching and evolving (just get it before you explore Castelia, get the Soothe Bell, walk around doing what you need and you'll probably be able to evolve it around level 20-25)
    + Interesting typing, does some work against Burgh, Clay (barring Excadrill), and lots of regular trainers
    - Really lacks the raw stats. It will most likely fail to KO your opponent, and it will most likely get KO'd back in return, especially lategame.
    - Sigilyph is just superior in any way, even the early game Calm Mind doesn't help when you need to use it once just to have COMPARABLE stats with the other bird-thing. If it had Simple maybe, but that's DW material.

Whimsicott - Low
    Availability - Relatively Early (Castelia City)
    Notable Moves - Giga Drain, Leech Seed, Stun Spore, Shadow Ball, Psychic, Hurricane, Light Screen, Cotton Guard, Toxic
    Stats - Very high speed, low hp, decent defenses, mediocre special attack and low attack

- Description -
    Competitively it might have some uses thanks to Prankster, but ingame a base 116 speed is more than enough to outspeed everything. It's a decent annoyer with usable special moves like Shadow Ball or Psychic, but what makes it inferior to other grass types is IMO the lack of Sleep Powder, easily one of the best moves to shut down any threat ingame, because the AI hardly ever switches out, giving you free turns to setup or do whatever you want. It's still okay, but this game is filled with good grass types (for a change), so Whimsicott gets too much competition from pokes that just "do it better". Hurricane is not STAB and only 70% accurate. Cool, but not worth it. It's not completely bad though, you can -slowly but surely- KO lots of stuff with it.

+ Can get one as soon as you hit Castelia City
    + It's fast, so you can Leech Seed + Giga Drain stall pretty much everything not resisting grass
    + Evolves fairly soon in Nimbasa City. Waiting up to level 26 is recommended for Giga Drain. If you want Cotton Guard (+3 physical def) you have to wait until 37, though.
    - As soon as you catch it, it faces problems with Castelia's Gym. actually, it's not a good poke for pretty much ANY gym battle.
    - No Sleep Powder just makes it an inferior Serperior (HURR DURR), with no setup moves like Calm Mind or Coil, similar offensive stats and worse defensive stats.
    - Even though it has SOME variety, it's still completely walled by Steels. Serp gets Aqua Tail, Liligant sets up all over them (she sets up over everything anyway), Sawsbuck has Jump Kick, etc. As a consequence, a fully offensive set of Giga Drain, Psychic, Shadow Ball and Hurricane still has poor coverage, and not using stuff like Leech Seed on this thing is a waste. Might as well use something more offensive.

Flareon - Lower Middle
    Availability - Relatively Early (Castelia City)
    Notable Moves - Fire Fang, Fire Blast/Flamethrower/Lava Plume, Will-O-Wisp, Superpower, Return, Dig, Shadow Ball, Dig, Bite
    Stats - Very high physical attack, high special attack, very high special defense. Low HP, attack, and speed

- Description -
    This thing would be a monster if it weren't held back by low speed and movepool. People overlook its special attack for some reason, even though base 95 is above average at worst. Unless you're Adamant, Fire Blast will do waaaaay more than Fire Fang. Thing is, you know something's wrong when you're considering Dig and Bite in your moveset. With Flame Charge being a post-elite 4 TM, you can't even mitigate its speed problem. Still, Return/Superpower/Fire Blast/something makes for a very hard-hitting mixed set.

+ Cute.
    + Hits hard from both sides.
    - Darmanitan's existance. But also Arcanine, Magmortar, even Emboar, etc.
    - Seriously, not much to say. It has way too good offensive stats, and it gets barely enough powerful attacks to just be Low, in my opinion. But it's outclassed by many things, has serious Speed problems, and can't take physical hits well at all to compensate for that.

Espeon - High
    Availability - Relatively early (Castelia City)
    Notable Moves - Psychic, Morning Sun, Shadow Ball, Grass Knot, Hyper Voice, Signal Beam, Reflect, Light Screen, Work Up (to be replaced with Calm Mind when you get the chance)
    Stats - Awesome special attack and speed. Very good special defense. Low HP and physical def.

- Description -
    It hits very hard. Expect a neutral Psychic to KO a lot of stuff. Gets usable coverage, and a good amount of support moves as well. Needs to evolve at level 21 to get Psybeam or it will lack STAB until PWT or level 37, but that's easily done if you save the stat boosting items you find around, keep it in your party with a Soothe Bell for a while and give it one or two massages. Makes VERY good use of Reflect and Light Screen, people tend to overlook these moves but mind that ingame, you only need one at a time, depending on what you're facing. Just swap TMs. Base 130 special attack and 110 speed, with endgame STAB at level 37 is enough to make it High, in my opinion.

+ Super cute
    + High offense and reliable special bulk
    + Murders Elesa's frail pokes with STAB Psybeam if you have it (Not to mention Synchronize), and later on it works against any Gym Leader that does not resist Psychic
    + Gets just the right coverage (Shadow Ball for Ghosts, Signal Beam for Darks and other Psychics)
    + Very high speed allows an easy use of Reflect or Light Screen
    - Needs a little babying early on, you'll want to keep it low on level to get Psybeam, unless you want to wait until PWT to learn it.
    - Struggles with Steel types
    - Later in the game, it gets outclassed by Starmie's superior coverage (Psychic still hits way harder than Starmie's, though)
    - Physically frail, you will need the help of Reflect

Not doing Umbreon cause I don't like it.
    Last edited by edonub; 8th November 2012 at 3:28 PM.

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast