Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: •Official B2/W2 In-Game Tiers• * READ THE OP *

Quote Originally Posted by edonub View Post
    Lucario is always good even with the not so great force palm as its main STAB. Its typing is just too great, and it has awesome stats considering how early you can potentially evolve it (I evolved mine at level 19). Just when Force Palm starts to feel weak, it get Swords Dance at level 37 and it can setup on a LOT of things thanks to its resistances. It lags behind a bit only on the last two gyms where the lack of a really strong move starts to get annoying. Not that it needs one for Drayden's gym, just switch it on a dragon move and Copycat to oneshot all of Drayden's pokes LOL (or get Ice Punch if you have the shards for it). Then it gets Aura Sphere and Close Combat in time for the Elite 4 unless you're really, really underleveled. Still Top for me.

Sandslash is completely outclassed by Excadrill, which also gets EQ earlier and has much better attack and speed. I think pure Ground is better than Ground/Steeel though and it does have its advantages right of the bat (makes dealing with Elesa a lot easier). It has solid stats for a phyiscal wall and it gets STAB Earthquake eventually, something not many things can have, coming off base 100 attack. Plus look at those eyes.
    Eviolite Sandshrew for Top [1/3]. It d'awwwwws your opponent to death. :O

Jokes aside I'm okay with Lower Middle [2/3]

About Cincinno, I won't rate. It seems to work for pretty much everyone but me. It was one of the things I most wanted to try out, got an adamant one with heavy attack EV training, and past level 40 or so, I basically stopped using his STAB. Unless it was a super effective rock blast or bullet seed, STAB Tail Slap was almost NEVER enough to oneshot stuff, which usually meant instant OHKO on Cincinno because it's just so frail. There's plenty of frail hard hitters with better typing and coverage, so to me it shouldn't go as high as Upper Middle. Frickin Zangoose hits harder anyway with Return, gets Swords Dance and Close Combat, and has a wide array of TMs he can use for the last slot (Shadow Claw, X-Scissor, Rock Slide, depending on what you face). Your choice on what to use if you want a Normal type in your team. Rock/Grass is pretty darn bad coverage to back up Normal.
    so yeah if I were to rate it it would be "DIE *****HOLE I WASTED AN HOUR ON YOUR EVS" tier, but sadly there's no such tier .

High [1/3] for Chandelure. If you really have problems with it as a Litwick, you're grinding in the wrong places... The grass right outside Celestial Tower is full of pokes that Litwick completely walls, not to mention Route 12 (Heracross/Pinsir/Roselia) which you can reach as soon as you beat that weird cave dungeon with Bianca. If it takes less than five minutes of "effort" with a lucky egg on, it's not a burden, at least IMHO. Past that, typing is great for an offensive poke, speed is above average (at least ingame) and STAB Fire Blast will OHKO pretty much everything. Shadow Ball/Energy Ball are two very solid coverage moves you can get right away too. Unlike some rats I won't mention, it does have the raw power to be useful on an endgame team.

About Gligar, yes you need Waterfall (and there's a boulder to push too iirc). Not that I found it to be a real problem, it deals with team Plasma very efficiently as a Gligar and evolves in time for Victory Road/E4.
    I 2/3 Chandelure for high. It has amazing STABs and is not too hard to grind. I did what the above quote did, and it only took like 30 minutes from 31-41.
    In order to understand my train of thoughts,
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

[3/3] Chandelure for high. It gets great coverage with it's Dual STAB's , and 90 / 90 Defenses is good for a Sweeper.
    I'm feelin' electric tonight
    Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99
    Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
    I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight

Cincinno for High [3/3].Also I think these points should be highlighted.

+Useful for 3/4 upcoming gyms as it has Bullet Seed for Clay and Marlon and Rock Blast for Skyla.
    -Doesn't particularly shine at Elite 4 due to being weak against Marshall and its STAB doesn't affect Shauntal.
        Spoiler:- Completed and Current Playthroughs:

Hopefully the last of the Bottom Tier

Corsola - Bottom Tier
    Availability - Lategame (Humilau City)
    Notable Moves - Surf, Rock Slide, Earth Power, Psychic, Shadow Ball
    [b]Decent Defenses, terrible everywhere else

- *Late Availability and Terrible Offense means it won't be dealing any damage. Ever.
    - Typing leaves it with a fair amount of weaknesses
    - Too slow to do anything. It'll probably be OHKOed by a Super Effective hit
    - Does naught for any major battles

[1/3] Bottom Corsola, 80% accuracy as the only way of dealing usable damage is just terrible. Water/rock sucks defensively as well.

Haxorus - Top
    Availability - midgame (mistralton cave, after you get surf)
    Notable Moves - Dragon Dance, Swords Dance, Dragon Claw, Outrage, Aqua Tail, Superpower/Low Kick/Brick Break, Rock Slide, X-Scissor, Shadow Claw, Taunt
    Stats - Attack through the roof, high speed, reliable physical bulk, low on the special side.

- Description -
    Stupid high attack, unresisted coverage, awesome setup moves. Evolution comes late, but even as Fraxure you have the potential to outspeed and sweep teams with a Dragon Dance up. Mold Breaker highly recommended over Rivalry.

+ Caught at lv 29-30 with Dragon Claw, learns Dragon Dance at lv 32. Impressive attack even on its first two stages, so it's easier to train than it looks.
    + Dragon+Water or Dragon+Fighting alone gives you unresisted ingame coverage, leaving room for setup and/or utility moves.
    + ...For example, it gets Taunt relatively early at lv36, very useful if you're trying to setup on a defensive opponent, thanks to the predictable AI that will most likely start with status moves and similar
    + You don't like those Boldores living with one HP every single time, right? Mold Breaker is a pretty awesome ability ingame. Prevents stuff like Marshall's Sawk to live with one HP and stop your sweep thanks to Sturdy by completely bypassing such abilities. For example, once you get Earthquake, it will let you hit Levitate users as well.
    + Does neutral damage to pretty much everything after you catch it, has an useful resistance to Water for the last Gym, so it always has some use. Colress's Steel types easily get murdered by a boosted Low Kick, which also happens to bypass Magneton/zone's Sturdy as well.
    - It's speed being high but not stellar, makes it a gamble to face other Dragons. + speed nature recommended
    - Despite the good moves, it still lags behind a little on its first stage, Axew is very frail and it evolves late at level 38
    - Does require Tutor moves or PWT farming to get its best options. Rock Slide, X-Scissor, Shadow Claw are nice but all three are resisted by Steels like Dragon.
    Last edited by edonub; 15th November 2012 at 4:06 PM.

I [1/3] Haxorus for Top. I used him on my White 2 run and it dominated Skyla and beyond, so basically every gym leader. It even helped a lot for the E4. After one D Dance with a +Spe nature, nothing outspeeds it.
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Corsola for Bottom [2/3]. Bad typing, Bad stats, Lategame. Not a good combo.

Haxorus for Top [2/3].

Just a note. For particularly late evolutions like Mienfoo, shall we mention the Eviolite? It's given to you in Castelia City and could somewhat mitigate at least the defences. This can significantly improve certain unevolved pokemon, who already have a good attack stat when unevolved but still lack defensively.
    On the other hand you only get one of them, so its irrelevant if you have more than one late evolution in the team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

[3/3] Corsola for Bottom. Just a bad pokemon no matter how you look at it.

[3/3] Haxorus for Top.

I'm currently looking for a water type pokemon to use in my game and this is what I might try. So I might as well try to rate it also.

Walrein - Middle/Lower Middle
    Availability - Mid-Late (Undella Bay-Winter)
    Notable Moves - Ice Beam, Ice Fang, Surf, Bulldoze, Rockslide, Signal Beam, Rest, Snore, Sleep Talk, Blizzard, Frost Breath, Crunch, Super Fang.
    Stats - Good Sp. Def and Def. High HP. Average Attack, Good Sp. Attack with Middle road Speed.

+ Has good enough defenses to take some hits.
    + It can be usefull right away against Drayden
    + Can be caught close to full evolution (caught anywhere between lvls 25-40. evolves to Walrein at lvl 44. A 5% chance it can be caught as a Walrein in surf spots.)
    - It doesn't have very good typing as Water/Ice.
    - He's played more defensively, which most people don't like ingame.
    - No stat boosting moves to help him out. (He has stockpile and curse as eggmoves)
    Last edited by EagleEye; 16th November 2012 at 2:35 AM.
    3DS FC 0877-2062-2004
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Kecleon, Chansey

Quote Originally Posted by Aurawarrior8 View Post

Haxorus for Top [2/3].

Just a note. For particularly late evolutions like Mienfoo, shall we mention the Eviolite? It's given to you in Castelia City and could somewhat mitigate at least the defences. This can significantly improve certain unevolved pokemon, who already have a good attack stat when unevolved but still lack defensively.
    On the other hand you only get one of them, so its irrelevant if you have more than one late evolution in the team.
    [3/3] for Corsola. I used him in other generations and he just sucks. All his STAB due nothing. I even tried Surfing a wild Onix 5 levels below it and it didn't even kill it!

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

I'm going to say [1/3] Middle Walrein as much as I love the line. It performs it's role as a Bulky Water well enough and it can go mixed well enough with Surf / Ice Beam / Rock Slide / Super Fang, but Sealeo's stats are rather terrible making said phrase somewhat of a bother to raise. Also, if you've waited so long for a Water Type you may as well wait a bit more for Lapras which is basically the same Pokemon with a better movepool.

Also with Eviolite, I'm kinda against it simply because the Pokemon that may be holding it should really be holding the Lucky Egg / EXP Share to evolve as soon as possible.

Something else, the OP won't be Updated anymore until I get support from a Mod. As the Post has reached more than 50000 characters, it has surpassed the character limit. That being said, please do continue to nominate and tier per usual, just know that all future tiering won't be added to an OP for a while.
    Last edited by Tsumiki; 15th November 2012 at 8:45 PM.

Ignore this post, because I forgot Delibird is already tiered.

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Just a quick note that Chandelure can't be high. The three people to approve it for high were edonub, azeem and Aura Sensai, none of which are certified posters, soooo yeah, it's tiering should still be up for debate unless another cert approves it for high. Js.

I'm not sure on Walrein being middle. You get it late (and it's a bit difficult to get since you can only get it in winter, which means you either have to wait for winter or fiddle with your clock which messes up some events such as connecting to dream world iirc) and it's not particularly brilliant as a Sealeo. I think lower mid might suit it a bit better. [1/3]
    Last edited by Zhanton; 15th November 2012 at 9:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FoldingScreen View Post
    Also with Eviolite, I'm kinda against it simply because the Pokemon that may be holding it should really be holding the Lucky Egg / EXP Share to evolve as soon as possible.
    Eviolite is slightly different though.
    Lucky Egg gives you boosted experience meaning you can use the unevolved pokemon less and it won't burden the team. Exp. Share eliminates the need to use them at all. Eviolite actually makes some(sorry Sunkern) unevolved pokemon half-decent battlers. This means you can use them in battle viably for longer rather than having to tug along a dead weight. Of course it won't work for all pokemon; even with boosted defence Sealeo can't really fight back, but I still feel its noteworthy.

Something else, the OP won't be Updated anymore until I get support from a Mod. As the Post has reached more than 50000 characters, it has surpassed the character limit. That being said, please do continue to nominate and tier per usual, just know that all future tiering won't be added to an OP for a while.
    Shame that. We will still need a list of already tiered pokemon somewhere, otherwise people will begin to nominate pokemon that have been tiered already.

Walrein for Middle [2/3]. It is very similar to Lapras, in its stat spread and movepool. Except no Thunderbolt.
    Also put Super Fang amongst its notable moves. Halving any non-Ghosts HP could be pretty useful.

Quote Originally Posted by zhanton View Post
    Just a quick note that Chandelure can't be high. The three people to approve it for high were edonub, azeem and Aura Sensai, none of which are certified posters, soooo yeah, it's tiering should still be up for debate unless another cert approves it for high. Js.

I'm not sure on Walrein being middle. You get it late (and it's a bit difficult to get since you can only get it in winter, which means you either have to wait for winter or fiddle with your clock which messes up some events such as connecting to dream world iirc) and it's not particularly brilliant as a Sealeo. I think lower mid might suit it a bit better. [1/3]
    Also, I noticed Corsola can't be bottom yet.

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Quote Originally Posted by azeem40 View Post
    Also, I noticed Corsola can't be bottom yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurawarrior8
    Oh, yes it can.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurawarrior8 View Post
    Oh, yes it can.
    Must've missed you as a CP, sorry. :P

Do you have anything to say on Chandelure?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Must've missed you as a CP, sorry. :P

Do you have anything to say on Chandelure?
    I'd say it sits comfortably high [3/3]. Litwick is useless, I'm not going to try and sugar coat it. However, there's a Dusk stone is in the Strange House meaning you can evolve to Chandelure almost immediately. With Flame Burst, Shadow Ball, Will-o-Wisp and Energy Ball as soon as it evolves, being useful against the E4, and hitting like a runaway freight train going downhill on Jupiter it certainly performs well afterwards. If Litwick didn't suck so much this would be close to Top tier.

Ok I put Super Fang in Walrein Notable moves.

Here's a Pokemon I haven't used in a long time. Ever since I played my Gen 3 game.

Camerupt - Lower Middle
    Availability - Mid-Late Game(Reversal Mt.)
    Notable Moves - Lava Plume, Rock Polish, Rock Slide, Earthquake, Yawn, Curse, Flamethrower, Will-O-Wisp, Eruption, Earth Power, Explosion.
    Stats - Both Attack's Good, Average Defense's and HP. Very slow.

+ One of few that have Earthquake in Level up.
    + Can be used fairly well vs Team Plasma.
    - Not very usefull in Gym battles.
    - Very Slow.
    Last edited by EagleEye; 16th November 2012 at 8:04 PM.

In the OP, Ditto's transform is spelt wrong. Also there's still quote tags left on Alomomola's tiering.

Camerupt for Lower-Middle[1/3]. 70/70/75 defences are pretty bad, especially with 40 speed, but he has just a wide enough movepool to take advantage of his good attacking stats.
    Also add Rock Polish in the notable moves. One use of that makes you faster than Starmie.

Maractus - Bottom Tier
    Availability - Early-Mid (Desert Resort)
    Notable Moves - Giga Drain, Sucker Punch, Drain Punch, Growth, Petal Dance
    Stats - Low HP, defences and speed. Decent atk. Good Spatk

- Description -

+Gets Giga Drain early and does well in the midgame against Elesa and Clay thanks to its good(at that point) Special attack.
    -Limited to Grass and Normal moves until lvl 42.
    -Really struggles to stay relevant in the lategame.
    -All its coverage moves come off its weaker attacking stat.

Maractus is basically Sunflora with you skipping out the Sunkern phase. Slow, fairly frail and no movepool without tutors.

Special thanks to Shine and azeem40 for their support on post merging! We now have a new post to work with!
    [1/3] Lower Middle Camerupt

I'm actually going to say [1/3] Maractus for Low. It's terrible, but not Bottom-Terrible imo.
    Last edited by Tsumiki; 17th November 2012 at 6:08 AM.

[2/3] Maractus Low
    I have used it on a joke team and it was by far the less crappy one. If you don't make your team weak to Sunny Day, it can actually do some work with Chlorophyl.

[3/3] Lower Middle Camerupt, but it really does need Rock Polish on pretty much any set.
    Last edited by edonub; 17th November 2012 at 9:28 AM.

Zangoose - Lower Middle Tier
    Availability - Mid-Late Game(Route 7)
    Notable Moves - Swords Dance,Return,Close Combat,Shadow Claw,Rock Slide,X-Scissor,Elemental Punches
    Stats - Great Attack and Good Speed.Below Average everywhere else.

+Great Movepool like other Normal type Pokemon.
    +Immunity is helpful against certain things like Ghetsis's Cofagrigus.
    +Useful for catching Legendaries with access to False Swipe naturally.
    -Very Frail which makes it difficult to get a Swords Dance boost.
    -Since its available later than other Normal type Pokemon,its Happiness would be low when caught.
    -Generally outclassed by Cinccino and Stoutland.
        Spoiler:- Completed and Current Playthroughs:

Not outclassed by Cincinno for sure, and not outclassed by Stoutland because -in theory- they should never meet, as the Stoutland line's utility lies in the early game. Zangoose's Return hits as hard -or harder- than Cincinno's Tail Slap without missing. It gets Swords Dance and most importantly Close Combat, and has the exact same bulk as Cincinno iirc. Rock/Grass has weak coverage especially if your main STAB is Normal. Close Combat (and Shadow Claw if needed) on the other hand, hits everything that resists Normal for SE damage. Elemental punches as well as X-Scissor, Rock Slide etc. are a plus in case you need to cover a specific weakness. Zangoose is much more versatile than Cincinno which is equally frail, has pretty damn bad SE coverage while lacking a boosting move, its only viable STAB is inaccurate, has a movepool consisting of THREE useful moves, and I could go on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by amittal12 View Post
    Zangoose - Lower Middle Tier
    Availability - Mid-Late Game(Route 7)
    Notable Moves - Swords Dance,Return,Close Combat,Shadow Claw,Rock Slide,X-Scissor,Elemental Punches
    Stats - Great Attack and Good Speed.Below Average everywhere else.

+Great Movepool like other Normal type Pokemon.
    +Immunity is helpful against certain things like Ghetsis's Cofagrigus.
    +Useful for catching Legendaries with access to False Swipe naturally.
    -Very Frail which makes it difficult to get a Swords Dance boost.
    -Since its available later than other Normal type Pokemon,its Happiness would be low when caught.
    -Generally outclassed by Cinccino and Stoutland.
    It doesn't need anything else to survive. I gets amazing coverage with Fighting+ Ghost. I would say Middle.

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

It doesn't need anything else to survive. I gets amazing coverage with Fighting+ Ghost. I would say Middle.
    As for Zangoose, it already has Crush Claw and Revenge as you catch it, and Shadow Claw is in Celestial Tower almost immediately after, including the elemental punches and Low Kick from Driftveil. Its stats are almost identical to Cincinno's except Atk and Spd are switched, bearing in mind Cincinno's in High. It doesn't have Sweep Slap, but its Return is almost as powerful, has a better movepool and its speed is still high enough to outspeed most pokemon. Of course its not near guranteed like Cincinno, which is his downfall.
    I say Upper-Middle for Zangoose [1/3]. He already has a good moveset upon capture and is convenient to raise and his only downfall is his frailty coupled with his not-quite-amazing speed.

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast