Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Thread: •Official B2/W2 In-Game Tiers• * READ THE OP *

Quote Originally Posted by randomn00b View Post
    Umbreon is certainly not bottom tier. Probably lower middle or maybe low, but Umbreon isn't a burden to train, unlike some of the other pokemon in bottom. It won't be sweeping anytime soon but it also refuses to die.
    The lack of sweeping is the problem. Being bulky doesn't have as much value in-game because its more about KOing a range of opponents efficiently. 65 attack isn't going to cut it.
    It's not so much that its hard to train, because I'm sure with those defences it will win the war of attrition. However, it does so very slowly. Why take 5 turns to KO one guy when you can use something else that'll also KO it in just 2 turns?
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Umbreon doesn't get a decent STAB move, Foul Play/Payback are unreliable ingame. Dark Pulse comes from 60 special attack which is even lower than its attack of 65. As for coverage, you have Iron Tail (eww), Psychic (not the greatest coverage with dark), and no real useful support move. There's plenty of walls that do a much, much better job ingame because they can actually do some damage in the process or get unique moves. Your best bet at damaging stuff is Toxic which comes lategame, and you're forced to abuse healing items or Moonlight.
    Competitively speaking, it has a lot of advantages (using Foul Play on an EV trained physical attacker always hurts, you get some useful egg moves like Heal Bell or Wish to stall with protect) but ingame? It's slow, doesn't hurt, lacks coverage and by the time you get Toxic, most bosses will have full restores with them negating your damage within a couple turns unless you can KO them fast enough, which you most likely won't. Not to mention the amount of Steel and Poison types you will face when dealing with team Plasma. It does ok with the psychic and ghost E4, but that can be said for a LOT of pokes.
    It could be argued that it's more Low than Bottom, but does it really change anything? D:

I know this Thread has had no activity for a solid month, but I noticed a few things should anyone care.

- tbh Flame Charge should be part of Chandelure's viable Moves. It doesn't hit hard, sure, but it solves the problem with Chandelure's Speed
    - I'm nearly positive Gliscor learns Earthquake by Level, and if so, it should be added
    - Mienshao would appreciate Aura Sphere. It has usable SpA after all
    sohryu is giving me a banner

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Sensai View Post
    - I'm nearly positive Gliscor learns Earthquake by Level, and if so, it should be added
    It does not. Both Gligar and Gliscor only learn Earthquake by TM. Ironically the only Ground type attack they learn via level up is Sand Attack.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Sensai View Post
    I know this Thread has had no activity for a solid month, but I noticed a few things should anyone care.

- Mienshao would appreciate Aura Sphere. It has usable SpA after all
    Neutral 252 Spatk Aura Sphere does the exact same amount of damage as Neutral 252 Atk Drain punch, but you're unlikely to have 252 Spatk unless you go for a fully special Mienshao (lol).
    Also bear in mind that it gets Aura Sphere at level 70, which you won't reach until you approach the E4 rematch levels. It won't see any use in the main game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Orly? Well I've been out of practice for a while. Ah well.

First off, I'd like to apolgize to everyone who worked on this, not updating in well over a month is inexcusable considering this is a community project and all. So, Sorry!

I've editted the OP with all the Tierings that I've managed to find. If you see anything I've missed or would like to be fixed please do tell! I'd prefer minor edits to be sent to me via VM though, no point in clogging the thread with minute errors!

If we are still actively working on this, I'd like to throw in my two cents on a few Tierings.

I think Sandslash is fine going Middle, [3/3] or whatever amount of votes it has received. He learns SD through level, so he can boost his so-so Attack to amazing stages. Bulldoze is an alright STAB for it, as it compensates for it's low Speed until it learns Earthquake, which iirc is by Level. While it's somewhat lacking in a Physical Movepool, it can live with X-Scissor/Rock Slide/Bulldoze imo.

Drifblim for Lower Middle [1/3], as despite having mediocre Attacking stats, it has a nice selection of attacking options, granting it superb coverage, which means more SE hits, which compensates for his low attacking stats. Two immunities to common Types and 150 Base Hp is nice as well.

Updated the OP with Sandslash. We're almost done, let's keep rolling!

I'll [2/3] Drifblim for low mid. Everything that Logan said, plus Charge Beam. He can actually run a SubCharge set that can make problems for things.

^Click it!^

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122